Whats next after BAD 25?

mjj19582009

Proud Member
I know BAD 25 hasn't been released yet but the estate is finally giving us what we want! I can't help but to think about what's next after BAD 25. Will it be Dangerous Tour, History Tour or maybe even This Is It with no editing just Michael's vocals. I would love to see Dangerous and DD being rehearsed. What do you guys think will be next?

I think next project will be a new album with unreleased songs such as A place with no name, blue gangsta, slave to the rhythm...

I think new album with unreleased material in 2013. Also Bad 25 is the last annyversary edition so there will be no Dangerous or History 25.

Also Bad 25 is the last annyversary edition so there will be no Dangerous or History 25.

Ln2YC.gif

Something off of invincible! New material from that era or even the 30th anniversary in DVD/Blue Ray.

According to an insider that used to be on Maximum-Jackson (he is EXTREMELY accurate), there's supposed to be another album of unreleased material out by early 2013.

So does this mean BAD is the only tour that is going to be released on DVD/Blu-Ray?

I'm sure it will be another album of unreleased demos (and since they seem to be listening to fans now, hopefully untouched.) Personally I'm hoping they release Ghosts on blu-ray.

I think new album with unreleased material in 2013. Also Bad 25 is the last annyversary edition so there will be no Dangerous or History 25.

Any source of where this info is coming from?

Is it a rumor or confirmed by the Estate or Sony that there will not be anymore 25th Anniversary albums?

There has never been any statement or confirmation stating BAD would be the Last Anniversary Edition from The estate or Sony. That I have ever seen or know of. In fact its the first Ive never heard of it. So far you are the only source. So I question that. Right now I dont see it as reliable and I wonder why you would post such a thing. So can you Please post a link if that info is already posted here on the board or elswhere or give a reliable source (name) to show why you would make a such statement here. Thanks ...

Well I hope they don't rush products, but take their time to research and provide the best to ensure fewer complaints :p

In the years to come I hope they share all unreleased music and video little at a time, to make it last longer.

Next one I think will be another album like Michael...minus the controversy, and hopefully more then 10 songs on there. Stuff like Blue Gangsta, Place With Out No Name, Slave To The Rhythmn, Xscape, & Do You Know Where Your Children Are need to be released on cd.

After that, they should celebrate Dangerous 25 in 2016. Dangerous was just as good, if not better then Bad (IMO Dangerous is his best album, period). Maybe for a 25th anniversary, release the originally planned Special Edition double cd set that was planned in 2001, along with a new concert DVD (not Bucharest).

I heard rumors over the last few years that Rodney Jerkins wanted to do something with Invincible. Maybe we'll see something with that.

Moonwalker HD, possibly. I don't think this would count as a Sony project, though.

Bad 25 is suppose to be the only anniversary edition for the 2017 deal. Hasn't an Invincible re-issue and a This Is It anniversary edition been mentioned by Darkchild and the estate, respectively? I don't think they will re-release TII within the next 5 years. Also, Bad 25 was anticipated because of the Bad Tour DVD, the other albums only have unreleased songs, which could just be released on compilation albums. Re-releasing past albums would get boring after awhile, if they are done too close together.

I'd like DWT concert release in Dangerous 25.

Considering that MJ was working on the Off The Wall anniversary before he signed the deal for the This Is It shows, I can see the estate doing an OTW anniversary album.

There are 10 projects in the deal with Sony,I´m not sure how many we have had already.
Could it be 4-5 projects left until 2017?

2018 it´s 60 years since Michael was born I wonder if there will be something special, or in 2028 etc
We know that the footage from This is it is regarded as valuable and they are going to release it but we don´t know when.

What about the duets with Freddie Mercury,wasn´t members in Queen working on them?

Invincible anniversary 25, release a second CD with everything that Michael worked on during this era, also a Blu-Ray with his full performance from Night at the Apollo, United we stand concert and the invincible signing, 30th Anniversary celebrations September 7th & 10th on Blu-Ray unedited but remastered and worked on by David Gest. This is it anniversary hopefully the 10th Anniversary, release a 6 disc Blu-Ray with 60 hours of this is it rehearsals included and also release a CD with every song Michael recorded in 2008/09. As for Dangerous 25 I would love to have Buenos aires or Mexico or Monza released on Blu-Ray with all three tapes of the Dangerous tour rehearsals and also the 1993 rehearsals, the planned second disc with unreleased demos and outtakes from the Dangerous recording sessions. HIStory 25 release Sydney first night on Blu-Ray and also the Wembley concert and unreleased songs and demos from the HIStory recording sessions. Off the wall 45 Destiny Tour concert other then London released on Blu-Ray, and unreleased demos and outtakes from the off the wall recording sessions. and finally a new album with 13 of the best unreleased songs their is available.

They should release full performances from Apollo theater 2002:

He performed Dangerous, Black or White and Heal the World. They were his last public performances. They should also release Man in the Mirror performance from United We Stand: What More Can I Give 2001. It wasn't aired on tv.

Last edited:
I hope at some point in the future we get the Victory Tour concert Michael had filmed for release on home video until the rest of the jacksons blocked him from him releasing it, really like to see that.

One of the reasons Sony didnt want to provide the prosecution with unseen footage from TII was because it would interfere with anniversary release, hope we'll get to see more footage of him rehearsing Dirty Diana, Dangerous,Will You Be There, We Are the World, Heal the World, Stranger in Moscow and Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough.

As for the Queen songs I havent heard anything more than this http://www.nme.com/news/queen/60351

"Michael [Jackson] used to come and see us when we were on tour in the States. He and Freddie became close friends, close enough to record a couple of tracks together at Michael's house, tracks which have never seen the light of day."

Asked when they will come out, May replied: "(They'll be ready) in the next year. We've been talking to Jackson's estate and they're happy."

Queen have previously announced plans to release a new album of old demos featuring Mercury, with May revealing that he had been going through the band's old material with drummer Roger Taylor to compile a selection of unreleased tracks for a forthcoming LP. It is unknown whether the Jackson duets will be released as part of this or not.

There has never been any statement or confirmation stating BAD would be the Last Anniversary Edition from The estate or Sony. That I have ever seen or know of. In fact its the first Ive never heard of it. So far you are the only source. So I question that. Right now I dont see it as reliable and I wonder why you would post such a thing. So can you Please post a link if that info is already posted here on the board or elswhere or give a reliable source (name) to show why you would make a such statement here. Thanks ...

I read it somewhere some time ago, before the announcement came. It's not from the Estate or Sony so it's nothing official.

What I would personally like is for Michaels 7 adult solo albums along with Destiny, Triump and Victory albums to recieve the Anniversary treatment and for everything else to be structured around them. I really hope the Anniversary thing catches on. The Blood On The Dance Floor Anniversary edtion could be coupled together with Ghosts blu-ray and it would be a great way to release past concerts.

Dangerous 25-remastered album-
Outtakes/rarities/unreleased cd-
Live dvd/blu-ray-
Booklets-Essays and pictures
Ticket replicas-
Tour programme-
T-Shirt-
Poster

Back