What do you think of Don't Be Messin' 'Round (DEMO)

What do you think of the DEMO - Don't Be Messin' 'Round??

• I LOVE IT!!!

Votes: 111 56.1%
  • I think it's an ok demo

Votes: 69 34.8%
  • I don't really like it

Votes: 15 7.6%
  • I HATE IT!!!

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters

Hess

Proud Member
I have read many posts claiming that as many as 90 % hate the demo, and I really do not believe that!!!

So now I've made at poll so we can once an for all see what people actually think.

People should remember this is a DEMO, not a finished MJ song. It's magic in progress. So it should be seen as a DEMO.

But - anyway... :)

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE DEMO???

If Billie Jean had never made Thriller and the demo was just released, there would be people on here saying they hated it. You can't compare finished, polished, released tracks with demos. Take Don't Be Messin' 'Round for what it is - a wonderful insight of the master at work.

I have read many posts claiming that as many as 90 % hate the demo, and I really do not believe that!!!/QUOTE]

Sorry but there was exactly 1 post with this opinion.

I love the song. It`s nice to see and to learn how Michael create his songs.

I voted for "it's OK". I'm not crazy for it like for some other demos (Cheater, Streetwalker, Do You Know Where Your Children Are etc.) but it's good.

I love it so much. :heart:

The demo shows Michael’s pure joy, passion and genius when creating a song.

It makes me dance, it makes me sing, it makes me cry.

i cant listen to it all the day, so i dont love it, but its very okay ;)

2 out of 5

i wouldn't mind haven't the instrumental

i like it because its new music from Michael no matter when it was recorded

It had/has potential as a song, but as for the demo itself? Not something I'll spend any further time with.

I love it! It reminds me of an Off the Wall outtake more than a Bad one.

I love it. And this is just a demo. I can't wait for the Bad 25 package. I am just loving everything about it.

Stella10823;3652828 said:

:agree: these are exactly my feelings about this demo - I can't get enough it gives me pure joy and spirit.:wild:

It's a demo, nothin' else. It's funny, I did't expect a great song.

Nonetheless I'm grateful for this release, I really like to listen to Michael while he is messin around :)

lo amoooo,me encanta es mas lo tengo como sonido en mi celular jijijiji saludos desde argentina!

I love it! It's great to get an insight into how MJ created music. There was a few demos kind of at this stage in The Ultimate Collection but it's always nice to get more. It's usually the single with a remix on the B-Side. Would love if they re-released the Bad singles in their original order with each B-Side being a demo, but I can't really ask for more. Bad 25 is pretty much the best release ever.

So far 94 % like or LOVE the DEMO!

So whoever posted that 90 % hated the song - you have been proven WRONG!!!

So far 94 % like or LOVE the DEMO!

So whoever posted that 90 % hated the song - you have been proven WRONG!!!

Exactly. And why would anyone even hate it? o_O It's not a SONG it's a DEMO! There is huge difference.

Yeah, got to say though being a demo, it is really good. Course he had the best equipment to record on. I am glad they put it on the CD. It was really nice to hear it. My 8 year old daughter LOVES it! Thinks it is a great song and was singing it yesterday.

Love it! Love hearing Michael in his creative moments and directing the process. Not to mention that he can use his voice to emulate the various instruments. Michael truly was deeply and multi-talented.

I like it and I want to hear the later versions too in the future.

Stella10823;3652828 said:

yes I agree we heard Michael's geniousness at work here...and I think it is wonderful and I love it!!

Speechless09;3652933 said:
:agree: these are exactly my feelings about this demo - I can't get enough it gives me pure joy and spirit.:wild:

I agree...I keep playing it over and over. :D
windy09;3652980 said:
Love it! Love hearing Michael in his creative moments and directing the process. Not to mention that he can use his voice to emulate the various instruments. Michael truly was deeply and multi-talented.
YES....this is how I feel to...to be able to hear Michael in his element ...creating..is priceless...we are VERY fortunate to be able to have this.

I love it!

I'll just repost what I posted in another thread:

To me, hearing a demo is an honour from Michael....I think this because he was SUCH a perfectionist. I don't think he ever really liked being seen in the process, y'know? That's why we get SO excited when we see him in rehearsal, or studio, or in the middle of the creation of the magic....It's because it's so rare (although, not as rare since he's been gone)....He always wanted us to see the FINAL product....Like a magician doesn't want anyone to know HOW the trick is done...

So a demo to me is a beautiful thing....We get to see where his musical genius head was going with something, and it's a great thing to hear.....I will listen to a demo over a finished product ANY DAY....unless it's finished by Michael, of course ;)

I think it's a great song, lots of different sounds going on, but they all blend together well...Michael sounds happy and I love his ad libs and overall vocals...And Michael playing the piano is a real treat :wild:

I loved it from the first time I heard it .. It placed a huge smile on my face :)
This song had such Great potential. Love the spanish feel melody and beat, the flirty lyrics and adlibs . Just a real feel good dance or party tune. Hopefully we will get to hear the earlier and later version as it was being created.

For those who don't like it, I am very interested in knowing the reason why? I've been racking my brain trying to think of one reason not to like this demo or song and I cant think of one. Its not suppose to be a finished product. It"s just a look into Michael's creative process - For me it was a real pleasure to listening to him and what he was creating for us.

As a demo i like it, but as a song it definitely needs more work and i just wish we could get MJ's opinion about it being released, i personally dont think this was meant for us to hear.

As a demo i like it, but as a song it definitely needs more work and i just wish we could get MJ's opinion about it being released, i personally dont think this was meant for us to hear.

I personally would rather hear a raw demo instead of other people finishing off the song for him without him being here. I think he'd be happier with an unfinished raw demo that showcases his progressing ideas and creativity than a release of a song that is finished by people who have no clue as to how he'd want the finished product to sound.

At least it's ALL Michael's ideas and sounds. :)

Love it.

I'm so glad they released in it's original raw form, instead of bringing on board a "hip" and "trendy" producer to finish it. There's nothing like hearing Michael in the process of creating his art.

Back