MJ Websites for Kids?

AmpTrooper

Proud Member
I have been looking all over for Michael Jackson websites that are geared for kids. I found one on a link from MichaelJackson.com but I found a few things right on the first page to be kind of inappropriate for kids. At least my kids. Don't need to see comics with naked statues or gif images (on a kids site) with MJ's famous crotch grab.

I find it hard to believe that with how much MJ cared about kids and making life fun for them that there are no websites for kids with MJ games and coloring pages and fun facts etc. Could have all kinds of cool things.
Anyone know of anything like that? My kids would spend most of their online time there if there was.

That would be more then cool and this is the perfect site to do it too. Really makes the "Community" a community!

Tell ya what, I have my kids sitting right here. I'll ask them what they would like to see.
First thing I'll put in is that it would be nice to use this not only to bring the music to the kids but to share in a fun way MJ's passion for the world and helping kids to see that no matter how small they can make a big difference. Also, as I would not recommend a forum for the kids as that opens up all kinds of problems that are just not needed but maybe a place where kids can make a comment (reviewed first) to MJ or about the site or about how they are making a difference in the world. Something like that. Some fun MJ related games would be cool. Online coloring pages that they can use like the windows paint and then print out their MJ creations. A page where they can submit their fan artwork too. Videos is something my 10 year old just said. He would like to see a video's page. Maybe an MJ mixer! Like the Star Wars Sound Mixer. It has sounds and small phrazes that the kids can assemble in any order they want to make new sentacnes and sounds sequences. Of course it would have to be made so that they can't make bad sentences.
My 8 year old daughter just suggested a game where you have a stage and a Michael Jackson and it plays a few of his songs and you can make him dance or move in different dance moves. I can think of all kinds of ways to do that. May be on screen buttons with a small pic of the move and when you click it it makes MJ do that move. Pretty good one there!
My son said an MJ picture page would be cool too. Kid friendly of course.
A fun facts page! MJ did lots of cool stuff and contriubuted to lots of cherities and helped a lot of people. There is a lot of fun and interesting facts.
A lyrics page would work.

That seems like more then a good start there. I would be interested in helping anyway I can. I am not a webdesigner so, I can't do that. But, I can help moderate it or what have you. If not that is cool too. Would just be happy to see something for the kids and I would surly help promote it on my forum and website and through my band.
Thanks for even considering this! Hope it can be done

That would be more then cool and this is the perfect site to do it too. Really makes the "Community" a community!

Tell ya what, I have my kids sitting right here. I'll ask them what they would like to see.
First thing I'll put in is that it would be nice to use this not only to bring the music to the kids but to share in a fun way MJ's passion for the world and helping kids to see that no matter how small they can make a big difference. Also, as I would not recommend a forum for the kids as that opens up all kinds of problems that are just not needed but maybe a place where kids can make a comment (reviewed first) to MJ or about the site or about how they are making a difference in the world. Something like that. Some fun MJ related games would be cool. Online coloring pages that they can use like the windows paint and then print out their MJ creations. A page where they can submit their fan artwork too. Videos is something my 10 year old just said. He would like to see a video's page. Maybe an MJ mixer! Like the Star Wars Sound Mixer. It has sounds and small phrazes that the kids can assemble in any order they want to make new sentacnes and sounds sequences. Of course it would have to be made so that they can't make bad sentences.
My 8 year old daughter just suggested a game where you have a stage and a Michael Jackson and it plays a few of his songs and you can make him dance or move in different dance moves. I can think of all kinds of ways to do that. May be on screen buttons with a small pic of the move and when you click it it makes MJ do that move. Pretty good one there!
My son said an MJ picture page would be cool too. Kid friendly of course.
A fun facts page! MJ did lots of cool stuff and contriubuted to lots of cherities and helped a lot of people. There is a lot of fun and interesting facts.
A lyrics page would work.

That seems like more then a good start there. I would be interested in helping anyway I can. I am not a webdesigner so, I can't do that. But, I can help moderate it or what have you. If not that is cool too. Would just be happy to see something for the kids and I would surly help promote it on my forum and website and through my band.
Thanks for even considering this! Hope it can be done

:clap: that's COOL... I've 'highlighted' the stuff and I'm "intrigued' :wild:

There is certainly some stuff we can do but of course...
It's up to the BOSS :cheeky: to 'decide' on it...
It's quite COOL feedback...
I would like to HELP too :D

I would be a very cool thing to have this for the kids. I know my kids would be on it daily! Especially if there were some MJ or maybe Save the World kind of games and making it easy for kids to summit pictures and what not.
And this is the perfect website to do it. I found this site with little searching for it. So, it's easy to find and inviting to begin with. So, boss... can we, can we? ;) LOL

Well, I asked it in the Staff room though ;)

I did try the 'drawings' in Paint but my 'fine motor' skills are kinda lost :blush: so this 'project' flunked...

Don't despair, when the time is right... Will get there :cheeky:

I can do the drawings. I am an Artist. It wouldnt be hard to make MJ coloring pages. i could do a demo?

I can do the drawings. I am an Artist. It wouldnt be hard to make MJ coloring pages. i could do a demo?

That would be cool! Love to see the pictures! They don't have to be highly detailed just something fun and simple.. And maybe some that bring MJ's message into the art as well.
Would be really neat if we could do something like this: http://www.thecolor.com/Coloring/Jermaine-Jackson.aspx
Was shocked at a lot of the people they have there to color. Even Jermaine! But NO Michael!?! I don't get it!
Anywho, something like that would be great for a coloring section for a kids MJ website. If i had the funds I would go ahead and start a kids MJ website but, I am currently having a website made for my Star Wars props forum/consortium and will not have the funds to build such a site. I would imagine it would take a lot of approvals as well to post any music, videos and the like. I would assume that the owner of MJJC already has approval to do so and or already has a foot in the door so to say, to get the necessary approvals.

There could be a link on the main page of MJJC to MJJC_KIDS, where all this stuff would be. I don't know. I may be able to work something out with my web designer if MJJC can't or doesn't want to take it on. It is a lot more work and another area of moderation and admin work. I'll have to check on it and see what it would run for him to do it and see about approvals and all. I may be jumping the gun here. Just thinking ahead and out loud. ;)

I love the idea of a kids section here.

Any news on this? I can work it into the budget on my website but, I really think that it would do MUCH better being part of the MJJC website especially since most of the younger fans have parents who are fans and most of them are here or will be here at some point and to have a page or a link on the main MJJC website would work ot the best and get more hits and share MJ and his message with a whole new generation to continue the legacy. Technology is one of the best ways to reach the kids of today and this website already has a big following and is easy to find. People who come to my forum are not looking for MJ. They are looking for Star Wars props.
Anywho, enough of my rambling. Just wanted to check in and see if there has been any thoughts on the topic.
Thanks!

So Sowwy, Amptrooper :blush: I haven't been able to do stuff... I've been quite ill and I am now slowly 'coming back' ... :tease:

I still think it's an awesome idea... I guess, it just NEEDS to 'simmer' for awhile 'till we can HIT off with it...

That will be so great if there was a kids MJ site. Now that I am finally out of this depression over him. As soon as Bad 25 comes out I can finally and hopefully get my 2 little nephews in to liking Michael. By having them watch some of my MJ video related stuff that I have. I just hope I'm not too late to do that. Who knows what my MJ hating brother might have poison their minds with already. When it comes to Michael.

That will be so great if there was a kids MJ site. Now that I am finally out of this depression over him. As soon as Bad 25 comes out I can finally and hopefully get my 2 little nephews in to liking Michael. By having them watch some of my MJ video related stuff that I have. I just hope I'm not too late to do that. Who knows what my MJ hating brother might have poison their minds with already. When it comes to Michael.

NOW, that's GREAT news, Hun :clapping:
This idea keeps 'bugging' me as it's the BEST 'present' you can give your kid :bow:

This would be cool. I would use it myself a lot :lol:

Back