Remembering Michael Jackson…3 Years On

billyworld99

Proud Member
michael-jackson-2012-e1340556942570.jpg

Today marks three years since the passing onto eternity of the late, great King of Pop Michael Jackson.

Ever tragic, in that his demise at age 50 was entirely premature, there’s also a certain sweetness to be sourced from the fact that his impact remains inescapable. Think about it: be it in a commercial, video game, blasting from a car, playing in a store, or even a reference from your favourite artist – the music of Michael Jackson is still a feature of our everyday lives. Literally.

Much ado is made about the words “icon” and “legend” – both of which are used these days with careless “flimsy”. Yet, one needn’t rely on the propaganda of PR spin to know what those words represent. For, put simply, Michael Jackson is the blueprint.

Longtime readers will know that it was Michael’s musicality, vision, and precision that birthed my love for music; and ultimately my desire to share that with the masses via the creation of That Grape Juice five years ago. As such, like millions the world over, MJ occupies a special place in my life personally.

And while classics such as ‘Billie Jean’, ‘Black or White’, and ‘Bad’ are etched in mass consciousness, it’s the lyrics from ‘Unbreakable’ – the opener on Jackson’s 2001 opus ‘Invincible’ – which resonate the most for yours truly:

“You can’t believe it, you can’t conceive it
and you can’t touch me, ’cause I’m untouchable
and I know you hate it, and you can’t take it
You’ll never break me, ’cause I’m unbreakable “

While, in life, an emphatic response to his many critics, the song’s lyrics carry with them a potent new meaning now that he is no longer with us: love it or loathe it, the legacy of Michael Jackson is insurmountable. Indeed, unbreakable.

With that, there is little else to say than: Michael Joseph Jackson, we salute you. We thank you. As generations to come will learn, greatness lives beyond the body.

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2012/06/remembering-michael-jackson3-years/

Thanks billyworld99 for posting this article, I love it.

"As generations to come will learn, greatness lives beyond the body."
Amen.

I miss that smile, laugh, and talent but he lives on in our hearts and through his music. RIP Michael. I hope the peace you craved and rightfully deserved is washing over you like a cool breeze.

Michael we miss you!! I can't believe its been three years! Today is a very special day and will always be remembered. Its the day we physically lost you but no matter what you will always be with us. I love you:)

Love ya, miss ya. always and forever.

Rest in sweet peace Michael,

Monica

So we are always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord. For we walk by faith, not by sight. [SUP] [/SUP]We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord. 2 Corinthians 5:6-8

roses.jpg

We Had Him – by Maya Angelou, 2009

Beloveds, now we know that we know nothing, now that our bright and shining star can slip away from our fingertips like a puff of summer wind.

Without notice, our dear love can escape our doting embrace. Sing our songs among the stars and walk our dances across the face of the moon.

In the instant that Michael is gone, we know nothing. No clocks can tell time. No oceans can rush our tides with the abrupt absence of our treasure.

Though we are many, each of us is achingly alone, piercingly alone.

Only when we confess our confusion can we remember that he was a gift to us and we did have him.

He came to us from the creator, trailing creativity in abundance.

Despite the anguish, his life was sheathed in mother love, family love, and survived and did more than that.

He thrived with passion and compassion, humor and style. We had him whether we know who he was or did not know, he was ours and we were his.

We had him, beautiful, delighting our eyes.

His hat, aslant over his brow, and took a pose on his toes for all of us.

And we laughed and stomped our feet for him.

We were enchanted with his passion because he held nothing. He gave us all he had been given.

Today in Tokyo, beneath the Eiffel Tower, in Ghana’s Black Star Square.

In Johannesburg and Pittsburgh, in Birmingham, Alabama, and Birmingham, England

We are missing Michael.

But we do know we had him, and we are the world.
tisextra.png

this article is so touching and beautiful.....thanks for posting

and I love the second one-poem(?), too

Back