♥♥♥Today in Michael Jackson HIStory: July 7th ♥♥♥

earthlyme

Proud Member
Trying to reach Michael...I cant see him but I fee
~ JULY 7 ~

Black-or-White-michael-jackson-7127725-396-582.jpg

BET (Black Entertainment Television) airs the special Inside The Jackson Family featuring an exclusive interview with Jermaine Jackson from the Jackson home on verdict day, discussing his brother’s trial, which consumed the entire family for nearly three months. [VIDEOS @ THE END]

Michael is spotted in Las Vegas leaving a bookstore and being pushed in a wheelchair by an assistant, while Prince, Paris & Blanket walk with a security guard.

A public memorial service for Michael is held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. Directed by Kenny Ortega, the service is televised around the world as well as on the internet and attracts record-breaking audiences. The service included speeches by the Rev. Al Sharpton, Berry Gordy, Brooke Shields and Smokey Robinson, as well as performances by Mariah Carey, Lionel Ritchie, Stevie Wonder, Usher and Jennifer Hudson. In attendance are 17,500 fans (with 6,500 watching via live telecast in the adjacent Nokia Theater), many celebrities and the entire Jackson family, including Michael’s three children Prince, Paris and Blanket.
-------
At the end of the service 11-year-old Paris joined her uncles and aunts on stage, and made the following speech: “I just wanted to say, ever since I was born, Daddy has been the best father you could ever imagine. I just wanted to say I love him so much.” [VDIEO @ THE END]

88887416_10.jpg

DID You watch the memorial? If so, do you remember how you felt?

I had Chem. class that day and I cut class and took the bus from Campus to home. I was alone and got to cry by myself watching the memorial that day, but it still did not sink in. I Still cant listen to the song the choir was singing when the casket was carried in... "SOON and Very soon"... :cry: I tear up just thinking about it...

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Jermaine Jackson on BET-

Part 1

[video=youtube;XDP9Z-uTP5I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDP9Z-uTP5I[/video]

Part 2

[video=youtube;vVFRMV5PTc0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVFRMV5PTc0&feature=related[/video]

Part 3

[video=youtube;oSkTlvzBOwg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSkTlvzBOwg&feature=relmfu[/video]

REV. AL SHARPTON SPEECH @ THE MEMORIAL --

* One of the speeches That touched my heart...*

[video=youtube;_MAKLq865bk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MAKLq865bk[/video]

Quote of the day:

"If you don't have that memory of being loved, you are condemned to search the world for something to fill you up. But no matter how much money you make or how famous you become, you will still fell empty. What you are really searching for is unconditional love, unqualified acceptance. And that was the one thing that was denied to you at birth."

-♥ Michael Jackson ♥, Oxford Speech March 21st, 2001

***Please feel free to add any information/pics/videos in regards to this HIStoric day.

Have a Blessed Day! :heart: :)

Last edited:
I was at work but taped it. I remember someone said the casket was there. We have a tv room and I went to see. I thought it wasn't going to be there because I heard it wasn't for whatever reason. I saw it with mariah singing there. That really hit it home to me that Michael was gone seeing that. I went home and watched the whole thing. I loved what Al Sharpton and Berry said but Paris at the end showed Michael the person the best. All she had to say was daddy and it broke your heart. People see Michael as an icon, king of pop but he was a real person a son, brother and most of all a dad and now he was gone.

I was watching the memorial on MuchMore in my room and it was raining all day. I love the story that Magic Johnson shared about the time they're at Neverland and Michael was eating KFC chicken. That was a funny story. I started to when Jermaine performs "Smile" until the ending, but the end with Paris's speech tore me up and I cried hard and the instrumental version of "Man In The Mirror" plays was just too sad and yet I loved it even though I still cried. When the memorial is over it was sunny out. I went to the mountain behind the local cemetery and I can feel Michael in me over there. Even though he's not around anymore, his spirit and his legacy still shines forever.

07-07-2005
BET Special: Victory Verdict - Updated
On July 7, 2005, US tv station BET (Black Entertainment Television) airs the special 'Inside The Jackson Family' at 9 pm (ET/PT). The special will feature an exclusive interview with Jermaine Jackson from the Jackson home on verdict day, discussing his brother's trial, which consumed the entire family for nearly three months. Jermaine Jackson takes BET inside Neverland Ranch from the moment word came there's a verdict to the tense moments en route to the courthouse and you even see Michael's emotional scene with each family member only seconds before the verdict was read. 'Inside the Jackson Family' shows their inner most thoughts and feelings and exclusive information you haven't heard anywhere else. What Michael did following his acquittal, why he was so subdued leaving the courthouse and what the Jackson Family wants to say to Black America.
Thursday, July 7th 9 p.m.-9:30 p.m. (ET/PT)
Friday, July 8th 12:30 a.m.-1 a.m.(ET/PT)
Sunday, July 10th 5 p.m.-5:30 p.m. (ET/PT)
On the BET web site you can access a Media Player outtake from the interview. Below follow some excerpts from Jermaine's interview: THE MINUTES BEFORE THE VERDICT
Jermaine wept as he recounted the nervous moments before the King of Pop learned his fate. “I heard from my sister Rebbie that (Michael)… read a few scriptures, and he was stomping his leg into the car… saying, ‘why’?”
THE MINUTES FOLLOWING THE VERDICT
According to Jermaine, the King of Pop sought comic relief immediately following his exoneration. “He had a sandwich… and he put on ‘The Three Stooges,’ and he just laughed, and it just was some positive entertainment… and the family came up. We hugged, and we talked… It was very, very tough, because he had done something that I don’t think I could have done. He stood up, and he held his head up all that time.”
MICHAEL’S CHARITY PLANS
Despite the trial, Jermaine said that Michael will continue to support children and charities. “(Michael) will still give, but he will give from a distance. He will put layers before him and just make it harder… But he will still give, ‘cause he was blessed with the talent to give.”
BITTER LESSONS LEARNED FROM THE TRIAL
“The lesson to be learned is… that we live in a society that (is) not a democracy. (It’s) almost like the outer wrapping of a sandwich. It shows every bit of the democracy, but when you bite into it, it’s every bit of a dictatorship.”

http://www.mjfanclub.net/home/index...286:2005-july&catid=89:news-archive&Itemid=75

July 07, 2005 BET News Exclusive On Jackson Fam (45 hits)
BET News Goes Inside The Jackson Family For An Exclusive Look At A Family In Crisis On Verdict Day
Jermaine and Tito Jackson Revisit the Drama, Emotion on July 7 at 9 p.m. ET/PT
Washington, DC (BlackNews.com) - It's a perspective on the Michael Jackson verdict that the public has not fully seen - the tension, emotion and nervous moments as Michael Jackson and the Jackson family anxiously awaited the jury decision literally heard around the world. BET NEWS and reporter Stephanie Frederic are granted exclusive access inside the Jackson Family Estate for a poignant conversation with Michael's older brothers Jermaine and Tito on Thursday, July 7 at 9 p.m. ET/PT. In this special half-hour interview, learn for the first time about the tears and fears that gripped the Jackson family, and how Michael, his siblings and parents are beginning to write a new chapter in their lives following the victorious outcome.
PROGRAM: VICTORY VERDICT: THE JACKSONS' POV SCHEDULE: Thursday, July 7 @ 9 - 9:30 p.m. ET/PT
The following are excerpts from Jermaine and Tito Jackson's interview with BET's Stephanie Frederic for an in-depth look at the pressures and emotions engulfing this African-American family leading up to and moments after the verdict:
On the Charges and the Trial That Michael Jackson Faced...
Jermaine Jackson: "This is nothing but a modern day lynching . . . I'm speaking mainly to African Americans. If they do what they did, what they tried to do to my brother, they can do it to anyone." About the Moments Heading to the Courtroom for the Verdict... Jermaine Jackson: "Walking Michael Jackson to a courtroom to hear a verdict...is like walking him to the electric chair."
On the Jackson Family's Ability to Cope and Reaction to the Not Guilty Verdict...
Jermaine Jackson: "He was crying, we were crying . . . we prayed. We prayed."
When Asked About Michael's Well-Being...
Tito Jackson: "Michael's doing fine. Anybody that goes through anything like that...it takes a strong man to do that, so he'll be alright."
http://www.hbcuconnect.com/cgi-bin/blog.cgi?blog_id=11773&cid=10
Jermaine Jackson written message 2005

[video=youtube;bHucOWT2F3c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHucOWT2F3c[/video]

Back