Bad Tour Multitrack(s) Reccordings?

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
Okey as we know (or what is known) there is two multitrack reccordings from The Bad Tour, Wembley concerts (15 & 16).
What i was wonderin was from where does the MITM Moonwalker version audio come from? I mean that is certainly not from Wembley and the source sounds to HQ to sound like a front house mix. Didn't the estate say something along the lines that the only multitrack that existed from The Bad Tour was July 16 (wich is a little odd since we got TWYMMF leaked from July 15).

Does anyone have some insight?

The MAN IN THE MIRROR Moonwalker thing appears to be something that was definitely planned ahead of time with the purpose of using it in a motion picture (moonwalker).

All of the crowd shots, close ups, performances were obviously shot during different times and so on.

The audio could have been a big mix of a live performance, and maybe even re-recorded after the fact. (also, in the show he lip synched half of the song too).

I have the surround sound blu-ray/dvd audio tracks separated and the vocal track sounds like it's a mix of the album acapella, some live vocals, and maybe some dubbed parts.

ANYWAYS, it could have been from any show(s), really.

I'll upload the isolated vocal track soon (or rather, it's the main vocal track, the bass, and you can hear some noise from the other tracks).

Also, isn't it funny that they needed a truck/large area to record multi tracks back then?
Now, you can record all that to a laptop and and an audio interface.

The MAN IN THE MIRROR Moonwalker thing appears to be something that was definitely planned ahead of time with the purpose of using it in a motion picture (moonwalker).

All of the crowd shots, close ups, performances were obviously shot during different times and so on.

The audio could have been a big mix of a live performance, and maybe even re-recorded after the fact. (also, in the show he lip synched half of the song too).

I have the surround sound blu-ray/dvd audio tracks separated and the vocal track sounds like it's a mix of the album acapella, some live vocals, and maybe some dubbed parts.

ANYWAYS, it could have been from any show(s), really.

I'll upload the isolated vocal track soon (or rather, it's the main vocal track, the bass, and you can hear some noise from the other tracks).

Thanks for the repsone! Yeah it is probably a mix of live performances but still i always thought that the audio was from an early show. The song was very diffrent from other MITM performances. It reminds me of MITM from New York.

Oh i look forward to hearing the isolated vocal track :) Hehe, it sure is amazing how the technology advances, emember when we had floppy discs to store information on lol. Now there is flashdrives and god knows what they will come up with in the future :p

Yeah, the mix was a little different from the actual show. And in the show, after the MAKE THAT CHANGE, they resume the song again and MJ says bye.

Vid is uploading right now.

And yes, weird how you can fit so much data on something the size of your thumb for dirt cheap these days!

I too had wondered where that MITM moonwalker preformance was from and hunterr what u are saying is like there was a special one off concert done just for moonwalker?

Oh no, I just meant maybe as far as audio goes, they could have done a combination of different stuff. Who knows.
But obviously they knew they wanted to use the song as the opening of the movie, so over the course of X amount of shows, they filmed on film various close ups and crowd shots and so on.

Anyhoo:

The part where it sounds like it's actual concert vocals starts at 3.20

Yeah, the mix was a little different from the actual show. And in the show, after the MAKE THAT CHANGE, they resume the song again and MJ says bye.

Vid is uploading right now.

And yes, weird how you can fit so much data on something the size of your thumb for dirt cheap these days!

Yeah, and not to mention that they removed the second verse :p

Oh no, I just meant maybe as far as audio goes, they could have done a combination of different stuff. Who knows.
But obviously they knew they wanted to use the song as the opening of the movie, so over the course of X amount of shows, they filmed on film various close ups and crowd shots and so on.

Anyhoo:

Awesome! Can you do this to everything in Moonwalker then upload it in links at 2000 Watts?

Speed Demon, MITM, etc.

Anyhoo:

Thank you very much! It is great to hear that performance like that. I wonder why they removed vocals from 2:38?

Everytime I see that part, I just think it's to make it look more live or something.

And I never even bothered to check the other songs!

*checks*

You could upload vocal tracks from other songs too like Smooth Criminal and Come Together. :)

I checked and yes, it's there.
The main vocals (plus bits of other instruments) are on on channel, and the backup vocals (plus bits of other instruments) are on a separate channel. I'll get those later on.

Anyhoo:

Thanks for uploading the vid

Thanks for posting this video up. I love hearing MJ's songs this way. Oh yes, and if you plan on posting up more songs from Moonwalker like this, do you think you could do Badder as well?

Thanks Again. :)

So do all the songs from Moonwalker have the vocal in centre channel? Will it be the same for the DVD/Live CD?

Some more than others.
When I get a chance, I'll rip all of the good stuff and upload it to a rapidshare or something, rather than the youtube videos.

And lool, I never noticed until hearing the tracks separated: BADDER has kids doing the backup vocals "BAD BAD RLY RLY BAAD"

If I don't get it done today, then tomorrow.

In which venue was the video and audio of 'Man In The Mirror' recorded?

Yeah, could be a mix. But at the very least it's a stadium performance from Europe and a U.S. leg performance.

Oh, and I'll upload the stuff today.

And by the way, a few years ago, I downloaded stuff of exactly what I'm doing from the Dangerous and HISTORY DVDs, which also had surround sound channels.
So essentially, there are acapellas of all those songs (some with snares or basslines, usually all with no backup vocals).

If anyones interested, I still have those MP3s too of some of those isolated tracks.

Yeah, could be a mix. But at the very least it's a stadium performance from Europe and a U.S. leg performance.

Oh, and I'll upload the stuff today.

And by the way, a few years ago, I downloaded stuff of exactly what I'm doing from the Dangerous and HISTORY DVDs, which also had surround sound channels.
So essentially, there are acapellas of all those songs (some with snares or basslines, usually all with no backup vocals).

If anyones interested, I still have those MP3s too of some of those isolated tracks.

Thanks Can't wait! Upload much as possible :)

Can't wait. I think I've heard Come Together, does it have crowd?

Oh man! Thanks for posting these up! I love hearing these song stripped like that. I especially like what Badder sounds like. Thanks again! :)

TWYMMF sounds very,very cool. Great upload, thanks again :)

Back