Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Wembley DVD Critique /Quality and other prefered concerts over Wembley go here

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Re: Wembley DVD Critique /Quality - All discussion on the quality of Wembley DVD go here

If the concert was released 10-15 years ago with the same quality, nobody will criticize it... now everyone want perfection... I really don't understand...
    And those comments comes by people who put HD on their nickname or whatever only because they upload videos on youtube after "working" on them (?)

In my opinion, after seeing APOM, i think it's very enjoyable, still better than any HD Yokohama... I don't care about the quality, I care about the content.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jackson Rules For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsThree Friends1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Wembley DVD Critique /Quality - All discussion on the quality of Wembley DVD go here

Quote Originally Posted by code753cr View Post
    I really just think they did a poor job and this isn't quality they should be putting on DVD. I really wish they had the 35 MM. They could of edited and made new angles and even 16:9 and Blu Ray.

I hate so many angles of the concert, what really got me mad was the end of APOM and the close up right on his face! Ugh!
    The angles are perfect (in my opinion). If you watch other concerts you will see the angles are (almost) always the same.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Rules View Post
    If the concert was released 10-15 years ago with the same quality, nobody will criticize it... now everyone want perfection... I really don't understand...
    And those comments comes by people who put HD on their nickname or whatever only because they upload videos on youtube after "working" on them (?)

In my opinion, after seeing APOM, i think it's very enjoyable, still better than any HD Yokohama... I don't care about the quality, I care about the content.
    I agree i thought the quality was quite a bit better then yokohama..i guess our eyes are decieving us?? :-/

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Rules View Post
    I don't care about the quality, I care about the content.
    :chillin:

Quote Originally Posted by qbee View Post
    We also have Wembley DVD thread for members who do not wish to discuss quality
    http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/th...rformance-ONLY

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rudolf For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryVeteranThree FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,851 Times in 1,598 Posts

Having been used to not having a concert in years that was truly enjoyable, (HWT was broadcast almost every year) I think that only people who were expecting a 35mm film concert will point all these things out. What normal person is going to go to a shop buy the DVD and list all these things about denoising and unsharp masks? The quality was more than enjoyable and I think the estate have done a fantastic job on this whole project. People make it sound like it's the worst thing ever released. At least it wasn't in the quality of some Victory Tour footage.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dam2040 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,760 Times in 1,380 Posts

I think the quality is good enough for me to enjoy the dvd. Michael's performance will be amazing! I hope they release other Bad Tour concerts in the future like New York 88 and L.A. 89.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Visually, it is actually far clearer than I expected which is a plus. I can completely see the comments in regards to some of the colors being off and I too would say that some of the sharpness appears to be a bit much. Still, overall I'm satisfied with it visually. The audio is what I find to be even more amazing and that is what I am really looking forward to. Just imagine being able to play this with a surround sound or theater like system...amazing.
    So why ain’t you feelin’ me, she’s Invincible
    I can't do anything, she’s Invincible
    Even when I beg and plead, she’s Invincible
    Girl won’t give in to me, she’s Invincible

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpio For This Useful Post:

lom kit

the fat outline is because of strong sharpening and heavy contrast used.
    the luminanz is to high and eats details in the bright shots.

the Yokohama screens have also that fat outline, just appears more soft. I guess this is from the enhancemen you worked on the Yuichi version. can you post screens from "the one" dvd.

here is one from "the legend continues" dvd. the ghosting its even worst. ok, its not official release.

the strange blurry effect also comes from the wrong noise-reductinon filter used and also cause is set to high. DNR is a bitch, when peole are going to realize that. Analogue picture is not and should be not cristal clean like a mirror.

to me this restauration is done by amatures. the same mistakes are done, that many hobby remasterer from here do. I start to think its remastered by one of the member here.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lom kit For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryTagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dam2040 View Post
    I think that only people who were expecting a 35mm film concert will point all these things out. What normal person is going to go to a shop buy the DVD and list all these things about denoising and unsharp masks?
    I was expecting a beta tape quality which is quality like DD of MSG, 12 mins LA 89 footage or Brace Yourself concert snippet footages, Yokohama from The One DVD, Bad LA 89 snippets from The One. Also, no, regular people wouldn't care much I guess.

I can understand the thing that we're getting something at all and only Bad concert and we got what we wanted etc, but we shouldn't lower the standarts imo. Thinking that this footage looks GREAT is very very wrong to me (and unacceptable since it's moderate quality at best) because it clearly isn't. I would be ok if this was quality for a bootleg not official release. But since only this crappy source is available I can understand it and accept it taking the issues in consideration.

Taken from "The One" DVD -

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rudolf For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,110 Times in 2,242 Posts

From a guy who works at Sony on Bad 25 project:

@Chino7671
    @onir_mj Visual is initially distracting, more so than expected. BUT the experience of seeing the concert again is amaz. 5.1 audio is great.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OnirMJ For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alexibexi View Post
    The angles are perfect (in my opinion). If you watch other concerts you will see the angles are (almost) always the same.
    The angles are not perfect. There are times where you can't see his whole body in shots you would want too. I know all the angles are the same as the jumbo tron footage. All of them throughout the bad tour are like that. That's Nocture's crew's angles and shots. At times they really suck! The thing that is upsetting about the 35 MM footage is that,there were film crews recording July 15th and 16th. So they didn't just have to use jumbotron footage,there were is much more other footage they could of chosen. They could of edited it and chose better angles plus if it's 35 MM footage,they could crop and make their own angles. It's annoying we are getting footage from the jumbotrons. I would rather them edit the footage of July 16th only and mix it and crop. Maybe it could of been like that APOM Music Video video. That has different angles, not regular bad tour angles, most likely because that was from the film crews there. And if they really wanted to they could of mixed July 15th and 16th if the angle wasn't right, because they shot those two nights. But I know we wouldn't want other nights mixed in with this one.
    MOD/Web Master of http://janetmedia.com

19. The Following User Says Thank You to code753cr For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by code753cr View Post
    The angles are not perfect. There are times where you can't see his whole body in shots you would want too. I know all the angles are the same as the jumbo tron footage. All of them throughout the bad tour are like that. That's Nocture's crew's angles and shots. At times they really suck! The thing that is upsetting about the 35 MM footage is that,there were film crews recording July 15th and 16th. So they didn't just have to use jumbotron footage,there were is much more other footage they could of chosen. They could of edited it and chose better angles plus if it's 35 MM footage,they could crop and make their own angles. It's annoying we are getting footage from the jumbotrons. I would rather them edit the footage of July 16th only and mix it and crop. Maybe it could of been like that APOM Music Video video. That has different angles, not regular bad tour angles, most likely because that was from the film crews there. And if they really wanted to they could of mixed July 15th and 16th if the angle wasn't right, because they shot those two nights. But I know we wouldn't want other nights mixed in with this one.
    They can't find the Umatic's for the 16th. We don't know if they have the Umatic's for the other Wembley dates.

Mixing the audio from the 16th with video from another date would not be authentic.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I'm not expecting perfection........I'll be just happy to see the concert at last.....

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lena Lucy For This Useful Post:

lom kit

Yokohama doesn't look that great on "the one" too. Close-up's are good, but wide-shots not. But that depends on the cameras and the angle. If you watch the yokohama dvd and Munich, not all scenes are equal.
    Not trying to be all negative. but when the dvd is out, i think Bad (Yoko) will not be what everyone expected at all. meaning "master tapes" avaible and they shoud have released that instead of wembley by some opinions here.

And the angles in wembley are really not good. thats why jumbotrons feeds are not good for releases. but thats what we wanted. unedited, straight video. just like 'in-house' audio recording its not usefull, so is on 'in time' video not too. thats what many don't realize and feel they missing and this is not authentic.
    Last edited by lom kit; 09-09-2012 at 04:02 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to lom kit For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MJJLatvia View Post
    I can understand the thing that we're getting something at all and only Bad concert and we got what we wanted etc, but we shouldn't lower the standarts imo. Thinking that this footage looks GREAT is very very wrong to me (and unacceptable since it's moderate quality at best) because it clearly isn't. I would be ok if this was quality for a bootleg not official release. But since only this crappy source is available I can understand it and accept it taking the issues in consideration.
    I agree 100% ! We waited so long and in reality it's not good quality. I hate when people say or think it's as nice as Yokohama or if it's past decent because it's not. We have seen much better and we deserve better. Plus! The fans outside the community,not online, fans that don't even know how rare wembley is. They are probably buying this expecting "Oh a new MJ concert on DVD! Got to get it!" And they watch it and expect quality like Yokohama and then boom! It is a video from a VHS that they payed for and expected. I don't know about you but if I was that person, I would be so f**king mad. They are probably thinking they payed for a bootleg, but it's a official release! The fact they are officially releasing this VHS and terribly restored is annoying. I wonder if they even searched for the beta's! Other people must have them, they should do some searching in archives and the people who worked on Wembley and companies, etc. I bet they didn't do a search like that or at least a thorough one in this case. I didn't even think about the Brace Your self concert snippets,which seem like LA which looked so good :/
    Ugh. We deserve and need that quality. Instead we have a VHS. It's annoying.
    MOD/Web Master of http://janetmedia.com