Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: Lets Discuss BAD concerts footage and what may have been shot on film ?

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,577 Times in 1,856 Posts

Default Re: Lets Discuss BAD concerts footage and what may have been shot on film ?

Quote Originally Posted by dethorro View Post
    I have to agree with you.

The 4 songs that are lip-synched don't bother me at all. Plus the set list was indeed better on the second leg.

To be honest I don't think that his vocals necessarily got ''worse'', they were just more raspy.
    I think it depends on what one prefers in terms of vocals.
    Some people actually prefer the more raspy vocals while others prefer the cleaner vocals.
    There was definitely a decline in his voice throughout the Bad Tour. It got more strained and raspy and he avoided hitting some high notes and he was running out of breath more quickly. He also took the pitch down several steps for some songs.

Compare Thriller from Yokohama and Thriller from Wembley and you can clearly hear the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by analogue View Post
    I prefer the 2nd leg of the tour because it has more songs from the BAD album. This is supposed to be the BAD Tour after all
    Yeah I think the majority of fans agree that overall the 88 leg was the best show, considering the inclusion of more bad songs but to me the 87 shows were better even if they didn't have the bad songs. Heartbreak Hotel and SYBDTG from Yokohama are the best performances I have ever seen from any artist.

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Lets Discuss BAD concerts footage and what may have been shot on film ?

Quote Originally Posted by dam2040 View Post
    LMAO. 4 songs. Exaggerated much? The setlist on the second leg was way better.
    I worded that badly. With "playback starts to take over" I meant to say that during that leg of the tour he started using playback in concerts... which would ultimately dominate on later tours.

I just love those live versions of "Lovely One", "Things I Do for You", "Shake Your body". With the second leg he brought in a lot of new elements, which at that time he hadn't fully perfectioned yet. It's really a little messy at parts when you compare it to later Dangerous Tour concerts. That's me "complaining" at a high level though. Of course it's great to see second leg Bad Tour concerts as well, but I prefer the first leg, it's simply the peak of him as a live performer.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Electro For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Even though lip-synched, the live ad-libs in Smooth Criminal in Bad Tour has always been a killer for me.
    MJDRUMS - V DANCE SONGS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZf0F76K61w

Dance by me, john13th

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

It is indeed disappointing that Michael performed so little of Bad in the 1987 shows. If he had performed TWYMMF and MITM at Yokohama...sorry I can't even finish that sentence without going for a lie down

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisC For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassVeteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,255 Times in 930 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Themidwestcowboy View Post
    Heartbreak Hotel and SYBDTG from Yokohama are the best performances I have ever seen from any artist.
    In my opinion, Heartbreak Hotel and SYB have never sounded better than in the Triumph Tour (and I honestly prefer the LA '81 performances compared to the '87 shows). And band wise, I do think that Tokyo '88 also sound superior to the '87 shows. Forget about the vocals, I know they are not as good as in the early days of the tour but they still do sound great (This has to be my favorite HH performance from the tour https://youtu.be/5ledUWwI2tw). So overall, the set list, the show, the band etc makes the '88 Bad tour a lot better.
    Last edited by Hulkamaniac; 13-01-2020 at 07:34 PM.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkamaniac View Post
    In my opinion, Heartbreak Hotel and SYB have never sounded better than in the Triumph Tour (and I honestly prefer the LA '81 performances compared to the '87 shows). And band wise, I do think that Tokyo '88 also sound superior to the '87 shows. Forget about the vocals, I know they are not as good as in the early days of the tour but they still do sound great (This has to be my favorite HH performance from the tour https://youtu.be/5ledUWwI2tw). So overall, the set list, the show, the band etc makes the '88 Bad tour a lot better.
    Yeah I have to respectfully disagree with you here my friend.

Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,445 Times in 2,648 Posts

Hopefully Madison Square Garden 1988 will get leaked some day. On that show every song is sung 100% live except for the first half of Man In The Mirror.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,085 Times in 849 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkamaniac View Post
    That's a great idea. I mean, why don't they just re broadcast Yokohama '87 some time?
    Exactly. Since it never got an "official" release why not rebroadcast it.

Bad tour first leg had better "energy/vocals".
    Second leg had the better setlist.
    You can tell Mj gave it his all on that tour. Which is why I believe he meant it when he said it would be his "last tour".

Playback doesnt bother ne on the dangerous tour because it still was mostly live unlike History tour. '92 leg was best imo especially early shows with full setlist.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Robbsaber01 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by analogue View Post
    Hopefully Madison Square Garden 1988 will get leaked some day. On that show every song is sung 100% live except for the first half of Man In The Mirror.
    I would much rather want to see the first night in Kansas City. Going by the snippets from that show he looked really energetic and I really want to see what he did for the first performances of some of those Bad songs. I think there is a very high chance that he sung man in the mirror completely live on that first show.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered
    Level
    Thanks

I love Dirty Diana live in 1988 in Wembley.

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsCreated Blog entry
    Level
    Thanks

The 3rd leg (Dec. 1988 - Jan. 1989), in terms of the band, is def. the peak of the BAD World Tour, all the little things added (especially in the later Tokyo shows), I especially love "Another Part Of Me" in these shows, along with the new intro for "Human Nature".

If any show has the right to be released, however, it probably has to me the early USA shows (Feb. - May 1988), not only does it have the full 1988 setlist (which the 3rd Leg lacks with the removal of "Dirty Diana"), but it also has live vocals for 3 out of the 4 lip-synced songs (at least in the Feb. & Mar. shows), along with it being the start of the tour, so Michael's energy is most likely exceptional (which you can see in some news reports & such), I don't see any negatives to not releasing any of these shows.

That's not to say that the other shows don't deserve a release, every show on the tour had something unique, whether it be a different song on the "BAD Groove" (such as Beatles music during Liverpool), a different outfit (such as the Kansas Shows having a slightly different Silver Shirt), or a guest star (Steve Stevens in the NY shows), each show was different in its own small way.