Smooth Criminal vs Al Capone

Smooth Criminal or Al Capone?

• Total voters
I've never been a big fan of Smooth Criminal.
So, when I heard Al Capone is like a demo version of SC, I thought maybe I would like it better than SC. I was right.
Right now I can't pinpoint what makes it better, tho.

I choose Smooth Criminal
I love Al Capone and listen to it often becuase it is new.
But I cant argue with Michael's vision for the Song.
Smoth Criminal was his masterpiece

I choose Smooth Criminal
I love Al Capone and listen to it often becuase it is new.
But I cant argue with Michael's vision for the Song.
Smoth Criminal was his masterpiece

Couldn't have said it any better :)

Btw I play, I'm So Blue, Abortion Papers and The Price Of Fame more than Al Capone lately.. Must be me that overplayed the song :p

Both! but I've been very into Al Capone. :wub: SC is a timeless classic, amazing songs.

I love Al Capone! It is too damn good to never been released on a studio album... (maybe because of the similarities)
That being said, 'Smooth Criminal' still has the edge, it's a classic, one of MJ's GREAT accomplishments as a writer/vocalist/visionary and also the arrangements & instrumentation is off the chart.
I still can't grasp that it wasn't a No 1 hit.

Al Capone is a nice demo to have to see how it evolved but Smooth Criminal is Michael's best song IMO.

Smooth Criminal. I like Al Capone a lot, but it just doesn't top Smooth Criminal with the overall production and energy Michael put into the recording.

Smooth Criminal, obviously. It's the one of Michael's masterpieces.

Although SC is a classic, I just can't help but to love Al Capone a bit more. It is such a catchy song and I can't seem to get it out of my head.

Right now I prefer Al Capone, because it's more fresh and I haven't listened to it as much, but objectively, I guess Smooth Criminal is still better... Well they're both very good actually. But I can see why both wouldn't fit on the same album, as they're quite similar. I.E. CAN'T CHOOSE!

Couldn't have said it any better :)

Btw I play, I'm So Blue, Abortion Papers and The Price Of Fame more than Al Capone lately.. Must be me that overplayed the song :p
All those great songs...Michael was infected with genius during the Bad and Dangerous and History and Thriller eras....omg all his life!This man wrote masterpieces ....

Back