JACKSON 5 animated series coming to DVD/Blu Ray--Jan. 15, 2013

Hunterr

Proud Member
8S84HceJgaVrfYT.jpg

gZNy1.jpg

Back in 1971, Motown was riding high on the wave of Jackson 5 mania. To capitalize on the group's success, the company quickly whipped up a popular Saturday morning cartoon portraying a fictionalized account of a young Michael Jackson's career, complete with wacky hi-jinks and musical montages.

Dubbed "The Jackson 5ive," the series aired on ABC from 1971 to 1973 and was rebroadcast in syndication in the 1980s when the King of Pop surged in popularity as a solo artist.

"I loved being a cartoon," Jackson wrote in his 1988 autobiography. "It was so much fun to get up on Saturday mornings to watch cartoons and look forward to seeing ourselves on the screen. It was like a fantasy come true for all of us."

Now, forty-one years after its original airing, Classic Media (a division of DreamWorks Animation) is releasing "The Jackson 5ive: The Complete Series" on DVD and Blu-ray on January 15, 2013.

The set -- which includes 23 full-length episodes -- is priced at $32.99 USD for the regular DVD (2 discs), and $39.99 USD for the Blu-ray (4 discs).

No other details are available yet, but you can currently pre-order the series on Amazon.com at a discounted price.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/17658

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=pe_3776...hidden-keywords=B0084NZEE2|B0084NZEDS&ie=UTF8

I remember this cartoon well...I use to watch it every Saturday morning...all the cool kids did..LOL

I will buy the Blu-Ray Version. But, I'm a lil mad...I bought a fan made DVD version of all the episodes last yr. If only I new sooner! But, I would have never guessed this was comin. lol

Last edited:
I remember this cartoon well...I use to watch it every Saturday morning...all the cool kids did..LOL

I guess you were a cool kid!!! I am looking forward to this and will definitely buy it--something more to add to my Michael collection.

This will definitely be a great belated birthday present for me. Since this will be out 11 days after my 33rd birthday. Even though I have taped probably almost all of them back in the 90s. But it will be so nice to see them in better quality from when I had taped them. VH1 and MTV was showing them back then. Ever since I was 4 years old I had always loved those cartoons. And Michael was always my number 1 favorite.

I will be ordering this also. Now, if we could only get the Jacksons summer tv series on DVD and Blue Ray!

This is one of the last things I would have expected to be released! I'm really looking forward to finally watching all of these episodes from start to finish.

Lorraine I love your siggy with the 3 angles of Michael's face. Absolutely wonderful!

Maybe a dangerous tour box set or HIstory tour on blu ray box set after this release?

GREAT NEWS !!

I am gonna buy this on Blu-Ray!! - Hope it comes with danish subs, but if not I can live without. :)

Maybe a dangerous tour box set or HIstory tour on blu ray box set after this release?

rumoured HIStory World Tour Blu-Ray this year, most likely Munich. I am against this as they are rushing too many projects out.

rumoured HIStory World Tour Blu-Ray this year, most likely Munich. I am against this as they are rushing too many projects out.

I agree. Plus HIStory Tour Munich is not one of Michael's best performances.

That's great news!! :clapping:
I have them taped on VCR, but Blu-Ray/DVD would be much better! ;)
Thanks for sharing!! :yes:

If that is true, then it is good news to me. I will take any Michael tour at this point because he is no longer here and in each concert he did the best he could.

juhuuuu I´ll buy it :) i was searching for this a long time ....

Executors/Sony,

Please do not release a History tour dvd. Take a moment to look at the success of J5 Rare Pearls based on only internet promotion and fans' word of mouth. No complaints about that product or its packaging overall. The J5 Cartoon will have similar success most likely. Fans and others are rediscovering Michael's full career.

Please, look into releasing the Victory Tour; the FULL concert on cd AND dvd/blue-ray sold ONLY together. You may have to share but, the projects where you have are the most successful: Cirque, Ubisoft, even the re-release of Moonwalk! (Not sure why Dancing The Dream didn't get the same treatment.)

Let people rediscover the man who would be (and is) King and you can have this slogan!

I'm buying the J5 Cartoon dvd/blu-ray the first day!

^^January 15th is around the corner and this will be great gifts for little kids birthdays too.

Oh- I am SO getting this! I am not from the US, so I didn't see them back when, but my husband did- and it's time to pass it on to the kids and one day grandkids. Great news!

Back