Thread: Randall Sullivan's book "Untouchable"

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,755 Times in 965 Posts

Default Re: Randall Sullivan's new book "Untouchable" Tabloid Mess [Threads merged]

Quote Originally Posted by Bubs View Post
    After initial angry moment, I find this funny.
    They are going to run out the words trying to describe Michael
    MJ was/wasn't p*do
    MJ was/wasn't heterosexual
    MJ was/wasn't homosexual
    MJ was/wasn't bi-sexual
    MJ was/wasn't asexual
    MJ was/wasn't presexual

For a one man, Michael was many. What next?

Michael was a musical genius, and trashy news sites would rather have people forget that.

I can't believe the amount of publicity this poorly researched, badly written book of fabrications is receiving. We have people denying stories from the book which involve them, including Michael's family members, but nobody to speak up for Michael. The media doesn't care whether the stuff is made-up or has been said in the media before. They know that anything weird, 'wacky' concerning MJ attracts hits.

I wish there was some law to protect the deceased from this sort of thing. It's.just.not.fair.
    Here for Michael. Only.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rhilo For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,220 Times in 4,834 Posts

Default Re: Randall Sullivan's new book "Untouchable" Tabloid Mess [Threads merged]

Quote Originally Posted by la_cienega View Post
    Don't forget he's also castrated.
    Edited my previous post and added this one too

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bubs For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 1,248 Posts

I read that abc interview with randall. MJ wasn't 'trying to be a hetro/homo/p*dophile'?? He was trying to be presexual??? This new writer is so ridiculous i almost wish we had jrt back.

I am just mad with him for saying that no one can be sure mj didn't molest boys and that if people are 'honest' they'll admit that - it's such a sly argument to make as we all want to be ssen as 'honest'. It means he has to believe jordan chandler with all the problems that entails (i think most people have just agreed to discount gavin), and disbelieve literally dozens of other boys. Boys who were multi-millionaires themselves like mac and julian lennon when they hung out with mj, or boys who unlike jordan actually turned up to that 3ring circus of a trial to deny that they had been abused and yet are still not believed and seen as possible victims or boys who have just always been there for mj and have consistently to this day denied anything happened. You just can't claim someone is a child molester and not have victims - the entire world knows who these alleged victims are so why doesn't randall interview them instead of wasting his time with mj's sad collection of incompetent business colleagues.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bonnie Blue For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 1,248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofpop4ever3000 View Post
    Has the Jackson family released a statement about this book since it came out? If there was ever a time that they needed to say something, now is the time. This book is being talked about everywhere.
    Mrs jackson's lawyer perrry sanders is a friend of randall's and apparently introduced them and along with another lawyer, riberia, is a source for this book, so mrs j can easily make her views clear by sacking her lawyers. Let's see if she'll show where her loyalties lie.

Where did that nastly comment about diana on mj come from? I'm assuming randall knows she's dead so can't confirm or deny (unlike mark wharlberg) - i'm thinking he must have picked it up from that bob jone's butt hurt book - truely pathetic.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bonnie Blue For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,010 Times in 679 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Blue View Post
    I read that abc interview with randall. MJ wasn't 'trying to be a hetro/homo/p*dophile'?? He was trying to be presexual??? This new writer is so ridiculous i almost wish we had jrt back.
    LOL JRT posted a message saying he had nothing to do with this, wouldn't speak about MJ anymore because he genuinely cared about MJ (lol), blah blah blah. Why would fans be seeking him out? He was our very first forerunner in the "bleached his skin in the 70s, had a prosthetic nose, was a virgin" school of thought about Michael that people still cite as fact. His sources were the same, except some worse: Bob Jones (whose book he cheered on when published), Stacy Brown, Evan Chandler.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubs View Post
    After initial angry moment, I find this funny.
    They are going to run out the words trying to describe Michael
    MJ was/wasn't p*do
    MJ was/wasn't heterosexual
    MJ was/wasn't homosexual
    MJ was/wasn't bi-sexual
    MJ was/wasn't asexual
    MJ was/wasn't presexual
    Mj was/wasn't castrated

For a one man, Michael was many. What next?
    ^ and a virgin
    and transgender

He claimed Princess Diana was creeped out by him because of Michael's desire to be with her apparently. Just to hold her hand of course, women are gross and have cooties and he is way too presexual to know what goes after that.

35 1 star reviews on Amazon... impressive.

If people are honest they'll admit that - how stupid. People LOVE this myth that the allegations are this big grey area that nobody really knows anything about. That the kids and families are buried out somewhere nobody can find them.

It's interesting that Gavin Arvizo isn't used as proof anymore though, huh.
    Last edited by la_cienega; 13-11-2012 at 06:11 PM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to la_cienega For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,108 Times in 9,070 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnie Blue View Post

I am just mad with him for saying that no one can be sure mj didn't molest boys and that if people are 'honest' they'll admit that - it's such a sly argument to make as we all want to be ssen as 'honest'.
    Translation: "I'm too lazy to actually take an honest look into the allegations. Luckily for me, most of the media and people are just as lazy, so I can pose as "objective" about the allegations on TV."

Newsflash: Being objective does not mean sitting on the fence! Being objective means to take an honest look into evidence and make conclusions based on that. In this case when you do that it clearly leads to a "not guilty" conclusion. Objectively.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HIStory For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,440 Times in 7,257 Posts

LOL JRT posted a message saying he had nothing to do with this, wouldn't speak about MJ anymore because he genuinely cared about MJ (lol), blah blah blah. Why would fans be seeking him out? He was our very first forerunner in the "bleached his skin in the 70s, had a prosthetic nose, was a virgin" school of thought about Michael that people still cite as fact. His sources were the same, except some worse: Bob Jones (whose book he cheered on when published), Stacy Brown, Evan Chandler.
    To be fair JRT had said that long long ago when he interviewed Lisa Marie Presley he believed that Michael and Lisa had sex. He might have believed Michael to be a virgin into his 30s but he also believed him to be really in love and in active sexual relationship with LMP as well.
    Twitter : Ivy_4MJ

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ivy View Post
    To be fair JRT had said that long long ago when he interviewed Lisa Marie Presley he believed that Michael and Lisa had sex. He might have believed Michael to be a virgin into his 30s but he also believed him to be really in love and in active sexual relationship with LMP as well.
    The Lisa Marie stuff is pretty much the reason why fans defend his book.

Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,440 Times in 7,257 Posts

The Lisa Marie stuff is pretty much the reason why fans defend his book.
    Actually I think the first version of his book (1991) is pretty good but he later suffered from his decreasing to no communication with Michael and came the speculations and personal opinions. Fans also defend JRT because he was one of the few people /journalist in 2005 who did not believe the allegations and openly said so.

So we do have terrible books out there including Sullivan, Halperin, Jones, Dimond etc. In my mind although JRT is no where near to be perfect his book is acceptable. I would recommend his book over Sullivan's any day.
    Twitter : Ivy_4MJ

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ivy For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Don't forget he's also castrated.
    LOL. This reminds me of a blog article I read shortly after Michael's death. The author theorized that Michael was a castrato. Based on what? Well, his high voice. And she wrote a loooong article about castratos and how Michael is one of them. When then readers pointed out to her that there is a problem with her theory: not only there is not any evidence for her theory, but actually Michael's autopsy clearly shows he was not a castrato. Besides she used untrue claims as evidence for her theory, such as claiming that Michael did not have facial hair etc. People pointed out to her posting pictures that this was not true either. And so on.

The interesting thing about this story was, how despite of evidence (autopsy and others) the author still clung to her theory! It was crazy. And she tried to pose as very scientific and everything, but she just totally ignored any evidence contrary to her preconcieved ideas. Isn't it how it's always the case with Michael in the media? Evidence just does not matter for these people. They just cling to their own opinions (unsupported by evidence or even contrary to evidence) no matter what.

I kind of find this phenomenon interesting. It tells a lot about these people...

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HIStory For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Actually I think the first version of his book (1991) is pretty good but he later suffered from his decreasing to no communication with Michael and came the speculations and personal opinions. Fans also defend JRT because he was one of the few people /journalist in 2005 who did not believe the allegations and openly said so.

So we do have terrible books out there including Sullivan, Halperin, Jones, Dimond etc. In my mind although JRT is no where near to be perfect his book is acceptable. I would recommend his book over Sullivan's any day.
    Unfortunately JRT too makes innuendo in his book about the allegations. I personally would not recommend his book either. IMO he is someone trying to play for both sides: media who want insinuations that Michael was guilty, but he also wants fans to buy his book, so he is making those insinuations in a more covert way than others - but the insinuations are there. It can be VERY harmful if people believe those stories because fans recommend this book to them and so people are led to believe JRT's book is a true portrayal of Michael.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HIStory For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 305
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,874 Times in 1,384 Posts

Actually I thought he wrote in the '05 update that Michael's fans were frustrated with him because he wouldn't openly say he believed Michael was innocent?

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,576 Times in 598 Posts

Sullivan's book in PDF: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?bpkmj6tc3nzx452

Note: I do not intend to spread this garbage into circulation; this is solely for the purpose of providing informed rebuttals. So please share with care.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to morinen For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Okay, thanks, he quotes Taraborrelli for the bullcrap about Michael and Toya bleaching their skin in the 70s (Taraborrelli didn't use a named source). Scanning through and much of this early stuff is just repetitions of Magic/Madness. I knew the people on Amazon claiming Randall said otherwise were full of crap, yeah he says Michael had vitiligo/lupus, but right after it claims he bleached his skin with Toya. Confirms my suspicions those 5 star reviews are just friends and family members of Sullivan or something.

He also claims Michael thinned his lips and had problems with his racial identity, ugh. Just bullcrap. LOL he even quotes Stacy Brown about the paternity of Michael's children and about Michael hating his race, he even quotes the shit about "splaboos" from Bob Jones's bullshit book, claiming Michael would most often use that word with white boys who shared his bedroom - wow. I'm so bored of shit like this being printed over and over again.

This book is awful, no real fan could enjoy reading it without wincing and cringing.
    Last edited by la_cienega; 13-11-2012 at 09:29 PM.

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

i can't believe how low a person can be to write this crap. i mean seriously, WHY would you do that?! i feel sick
    Michael, I love you now more then I can say and I'm sorry for everything in the past.........
    Everybody who is somebody defends Michaels innocents. Only nobody's accuse and make up lies or speculate!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to maral For This Useful Post: