Dangerous 25: what would you like to see happen? [UNCONFIRMED]

Zakk

Proud Member
In 2016, 25 years after Michael's third best selling album 'Dangerous' was originally released. there have been rumours as to wether or not the estate will be collaborating in another deluxe 25th Anniversary edition package.

I'm not confirming anything here but if we are to get a package similar to the recently released 'Bad25' what would you like to be included? here are a few of my ideas:

[video=youtube;OWC5uPK93fE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWC5uPK93fE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

• Bucharest Blu-Ray. I know fans are annoyed by this show but it is very possible it was recorded on film reels, as you can see on the different BBC & HBO versions with alternate and better camera angles. a less edited Blu-Ray would be great.

• Munich DVD/Blu-Ray (if possible) the first show performed during the 'Dangerous World Tour' Michael was still full with energy.

• Tokyo DVD

• Buenos Aires 1993, the planned official Dangerous Tour release in 1993. but cancelled due to Michael's disliking of the recording from the show.

• Original CD - with enhanced audio

• Bonus CD - with songs such as, someone put your hand out, Men in Black etc. and Demo's for songs such as Gone too soon and Keep the faith.

• Live CD - from the Munich 92' show

& in the Collectors Case

• Show ticket from Buenos Aires 93'

• 1992 & 1993 Tour programmes

• 7" Replica Vinyl of the single "Jam" with the Red cover

• Dangerous Tour T-Shirt with various photo's from the Tour and Michael's eyes from the original Album artwork.

• Bonus DVD/Blu-Ray with the Dangerous Tour Rehearsals (also sold separately in a Dangerous Tour three disc set with Bucharest Blu-Ray and Munich DVD.)

Edit: when we have enough ideas hopefully one of the moderators could send this to the estate and make it happen.

Last edited:
Zakk;3741174 said:
In 2016, 25 years after Michael's third best selling album 'Dangerous' was originally released. there have been rumours as to wether or not the estate will be collaborating in another deluxe 25th Anniversary edition package.

I'm not confirming anything here but if we are to get a package similar to the recently released 'Bad25' what would you like to be included? here are a few of my ideas:

[video=youtube;OWC5uPK93fE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWC5uPK93fE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

• Bucharest Blu-Ray. I know fans are annoyed by this show but it is very possible it was recorded on film reels, as you can see on the different BBC & HBO versions with alternate and better camera angles. a less edited Blu-Ray would be great.

• Munich DVD/Blu-Ray (if possible) the first show performed during the 'Dangerous World Tour' Michael was still full with energy.

• Tokyo DVD

• Buenos Aires 1993, the planned official Dangerous Tour release in 1993. but cancelled due to Michael's disliking of the recording from the show.

• Original CD - with enhanced audio

• Bonus CD - with songs such as, someone put your hand out, Men in Black etc. and Demo's for songs such as Gone too soon and Keep the faith.

• Live CD - from the Munich 92' show

& in the Collectors Case

• Show ticket from Buenos Aires 93'

• 1992 & 1993 Tour programmes

• 7" Replica Vinyl of the single "Jam" with the Red cover

• Dangerous Tour T-Shirt with various photo's from the Tour and Michael's eyes from the original Album artwork.

• Bonus DVD/Blu-Ray with the Dangerous Tour Rehearsals (also sold separately in a Dangerous Tour three disc set with Bucharest Blu-Ray and Munich DVD.)

Edit: when we have enough ideas hopefully one of the moderators could send this to the estate and make it happen.

That is some wishful thinking!

Re: Dangerous 25: what would you like to see happen?

I'd like to see a DVD with the "Making of" of all Dangerous era videos (especially Who is it, my all time favourite MJ video). That would be great!

I hope they make this happen. If they do Dangerous 25 I hope they release another concert dvd. Munich or Buenos Aires concert would be great like Zakk said. They should release the best quality concert they have and not re-release Bucharest. Spike Lee could also make a new documentary.

Edit: They should release another concert dvd from any tour(Bad Tour would the best choice) before D25. I don't want to wait that long. :)

In addtion to what the original poster said. I would like to have a DVD with the Heal The World Foundation's 1992 music video for "Heal the World" and the 1992 NBA Championship video of "Jam"with the Chicago Bulls basketball team. Maybe on the CD with the bonus songs and demos, they could include five original remixes from the "Dangerous" era. For example:

1. "Jam" (Roger's Jeep Mix)

2."Black or White" (The Clivilles & Cole House/Club Mix)

3. "Remember the Time" (New Jack Main Mix)

4. "In the Closet" (The Underground Mix)

5. "Who Is It" (Brothers In Rhythm House Mix)

Last edited:

I`d like Tokyo 92 in full... it has a bit of 'punch' during some song..

Munich `92 could be used for some compilations disc, but the concert in full would be sub par by Michael`s standards since it was plagued by failing electronics, pitch/key problems and some vocal errors. Mike wouldn`t want you to enjoy that in a Dangerous concert release. Bucharest 92 wasn`t recorded on film, it was recorded using multiple Sd-cameras.

I`d liek to hear the full Dangerous demos... always interesting to hear Mike at work, perfecting his art.

I`m still curious about possible film reels for the Dangerous tour. Mike went digital HD with the (Munich) HIStory tour, but there isn`t much known about the DT recordings. Also...a perfect dvd from beta tapes with good multitrack audio is as much enjoyable during such a concert.

if you watch WYBT from Vision the footage from the dangerous tour is great quality! that could be restored to HD! would love to know which concert that was from

They should choose a concert that has most songs from the tour. I would like to see concert where he performed Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel.

if you watch WYBT from Vision the footage from the dangerous tour is great quality! that could be restored to HD! would love to know which concert that was from

It looks like Bucharest.

A concert from the Dangerous Tour on DVD/Blu Ray that includes Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel in the setlist with Dangerous Tour rehearsals as a bonus feature and a bonus feature of a Dangerous performance from one of the 93 shows

-Remastered album

-Disc 2 with new/unreleased material (the Special Editions didn't have anything new, because Dangerous took up the whole disc).
LISA IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY should be on it!

-DVD or Blu Ray 1. ANYTHING but the Bucharest show. How about a show that actually has the song DANGEROUS in it.

-DVD or Blu Ray 2. Documentaries, behind the scenes, etc etc

Don't think a live CD is necessary.

Should be at least 2 FULL CDs with demos.

Also want tons of Studio footage. Not lame like the BAd 25 docu where we get a couple of min max. Waste!!

blu ray of some awesome concerts.

Behind the scenes, making of, etc. in best quality possible.

Well another Dangerous concert would be great. Like the one from Munich, Germany. I just have the Billie Jean performance from that concert. And I think that is one of the best Billie Jean performances I had ever saw from Michael. I would just so totally L.O.V.E. to see how the rest of the concert was. The same also goes for the one from Mexico City. Where I also have just one performance from that concert. I had since forgotten what song performance it was from that concert. Since I haven't seen it in 3 years or so. But I would also just so totally L.O.V.E. to see the rest of that concert as well.

I also would L.O.V.E. to have some more unreleased songs on the album of course. Songs like:

Men In Black
What About Us
Bottle Of Smoke
Stay
What's Your Life
I Forgive You
Turning Me Off
Red Eye
People Have To Make Some Kind Of Joke
California Grass
Tragedy of a Cheerleader
Little Girls

These songs are mention in my For The Record book. Some of them I don't know if those songs were ment for the Dangerous album or not. Because it doesn't say in the book. They were however mention in the 93 Court Deposition tapes.

This is the set I would love to see.

* The original, remastered Dangerous album. But this remaster has to be done carefully and with respect; the 2001 remaster is pretty bad. Same goes for any re-issue for Michael.

* A disc with seven unreleased songs, hopefully including some songs the fan community were unaware of (as was the case with Abortion Papers and I'm So Blue for B25); three songs from the unreleased second disc (for me, preferably She Got It, If You Don't Love Me and Serious Effect); the demo recording/early version for Who Is It entitled Lying to Myself; the demo recordings of Will You Be There and Black or White; the adult version of I'll Be There; and two remixes. Any other songs that have been leaked/official released (Do You Know, Monkey Business, Someone Put Your Hand Out, etc.) should be left off the release. I'm not prepared to fight about it; I just don't want them released if we already have them.

* A DVD of the July 4, 1992 concert in Rome. Bucharest has already been released on DVD and would be a total waste if re-released; Buenos Aires happened in the midst of Michael's accusations and it's said that he wasn't at his vocal/mental peak because of the expanding drug usage. It would be much too sad to see Michael in that state. Rome features performances of Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel. The DVD/Blu-ray could include some bonus performances though (maybe a HQ version of the Superbowl performance, as well as the Buenos Aires performance of Dangerous).

Men In Black
What About Us
Bottle Of Smoke
Stay
What's Your Life
I Forgive You
Turning Me Off
Red Eye
People Have To Make Some Kind Of Joke
California Grass
Tragedy of a Cheerleader
Little Girls

These songs are mention in my For The Record book. Some of them I don't know if those songs were ment for the Dangerous album or not. Because it doesn't say in the book. They were however mention in the 93 Court Deposition tapes.

What's Your Life is from the Off the Wall/Thriller era, while Turning Me Off is from '86. As far as I'm aware, at least. Not sure about the others.

Yeah with lots of Demo's again like Bad25 :heart:

Another concert from the Dangerous tour... Not the Bucharest one... Maybe London or even Belgium... :cheeky:

I hardly play the 'remastered' original CD and just have the DEMO CD on 'replay' so... DEMO's... :D

Would also love the Dangerous tour 'rehearsals' just for the fact to see how Michael 'creates' stuff...

COOL Thread :punk:

I'm hoping for: A different released concert from Bucharest on blu-ray (maybe Monza), more demos and unreleased tracks, studio footage. :)

great ideas guys :) it is possible for Standard definition footage to be restored onto Blu-Ray I would love Buenos aires as a bonus DVD for the fact michael's vocals during Billie jean are just stunning! Munich 92' first show Blu-Ray would be fantastic as Michael performed Bad & TWYMMF and was still full of energy. Someone put your hand out deserves a single release and more recognition. 1993 rehearsals too, and the best of the Neverland 92' rehearsals too. and possibly a film with Michael visiting places around the world, studio footage, hospitals etc.

Buenos Aires happened in the midst of Michael's accusations and it's said that he wasn't at his vocal/mental peak because of the expanding drug usage. It would be much too sad to see Michael in that state. Rome features performances of Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel. The DVD/Blu-ray could include some bonus performances though (maybe a HQ version of the Superbowl performance, as well as the Buenos Aires performance of Dangerous).

Perhaps you are right about the whole 1993 leg overall, but that night in Buenos Aires, judging from what's available from it, he seems on fire! Billie Jean is explosive!

Perhaps you are right about the whole 1993 leg overall, but that night in Buenos Aires, judging from what's available from it, he seems on fire! Billie Jean is explosive!

Well, Buenos Aires makes me think of the 'prank' that Siedah played on Michael in 'I just can't stop loving you' :lol:
Would love to have that on DVD or even Blue Ray :cheeky:

Well, Buenos Aires makes me think of the 'prank' that Siedah played on Michael in 'I just can't stop loving you' :lol:
Would love to have that on DVD or even Blue Ray :cheeky:

me too Daz! but buenos aires is VHS, all other shows are standard definition and are more Blu-Ray likely :)

This is the set I would love to see.

* The original, remastered Dangerous album. But this remaster has to be done carefully and with respect; the 2001 remaster is pretty bad. Same goes for any re-issue for Michael.

* A disc with seven unreleased songs, hopefully including some songs the fan community were unaware of (as was the case with Abortion Papers and I'm So Blue for B25); three songs from the unreleased second disc (for me, preferably She Got It, If You Don't Love Me and Serious Effect); the demo recording/early version for Who Is It entitled Lying to Myself; the demo recordings of Will You Be There and Black or White; the adult version of I'll Be There; and two remixes. Any other songs that have been leaked/official released (Do You Know, Monkey Business, Someone Put Your Hand Out, etc.) should be left off the release. I'm not prepared to fight about it; I just don't want them released if we already have them.

* A DVD of the July 4, 1992 concert in Rome. Bucharest has already been released on DVD and would be a total waste if re-released; Buenos Aires happened in the midst of Michael's accusations and it's said that he wasn't at his vocal/mental peak because of the expanding drug usage. It would be much too sad to see Michael in that state. Rome features performances of Bad and The Way You Make Me Feel. The DVD/Blu-ray could include some bonus performances though (maybe a HQ version of the Superbowl performance, as well as the Buenos Aires performance of Dangerous).

What's Your Life is from the Off the Wall/Thriller era, while Turning Me Off is from '86. As far as I'm aware, at least. Not sure about the others.

Thank you for telling me that. Because I didn't know what era some of those songs I mention are from.

me too Daz! but buenos aires is VHS, all other shows are standard definition and are more Blu-Ray likely :)

Concerts shot on SD tape aren't HD Blu-Ray capable. Film is the ONLY way from non-HD-cams era. And I don't know if any of Dangerous tour concerts have been shot on film. Buenos Aires technically could be, because it was intended for a concert film. This VHS is just a crappy copy that's left behind it. Who knows where the actual film reels of it are if they even exsist.

Concerts shot on SD tape aren't HD Blu-Ray capable. Film is the ONLY way from non-HD-cams era. And I don't know if any of Dangerous tour concerts have been shot on film. Buenos Aires technically could be, because it was intended for a concert film. This VHS is just a crappy copy that's left behind it. Who knows where the actual film reels of it are if they even exsist.

was Brunei 96' recorded on film? it's still considered as part of the Dangerous Tour.

was Brunei 96' recorded on film? it's still considered as part of the Dangerous Tour.

Don't think so as it was never considered for a release, was it.

The 1993 concerts aren't anything special, imo. The Dangerous Era represents Michael Jackson for me. The top of his game as a performer. It just HAS to be a 1992 show. (Wembley because of the Jam we have, all I can say is wow.)

popcorn-MJ.gif

The 1993 concerts aren't anything special, imo. The Dangerous Era represents Michael Jackson for me. The top of his game as a performer. It just HAS to be a 1992 show. (Wembley because of the Jam we have, all I can say is wow.)

I agree with you about the 93 shows and in the those shows i don't think that Working Day And Night and Beat It are included in the setlists. The crane was used for Black Or White instead

great ideas guys :) it is possible for Standard definition footage to be restored onto Blu-Ray I would love Buenos aires as a bonus DVD for the fact michael's vocals during Billie jean are just stunning! Munich 92' first show Blu-Ray would be fantastic as Michael performed Bad & TWYMMF and was still full of energy. Someone put your hand out deserves a single release and more recognition. 1993 rehearsals too, and the best of the Neverland 92' rehearsals too. and possibly a film with Michael visiting places around the world, studio footage, hospitals etc.

Zakk, I totally agree with you; I'd love to see that. But this is what we SHOULDN'T be doing... getting our hopes up. For Bad 25 we were all pumped for a high quality release of Wembley and we didn't get that. I would love to see these DVDs released but there's very little chance of them all being released at once. Also, SPYHO is a beautiful song but I don't think it deserves a single release. It's very old-school and wouldn't stand a chance on the charts. I desperately want to see Michael hit number one again.

Back