IDEA ~ "Legend" Boxed Set

Dunk96

The Queen HBIC
I didn't know where to post this,so I posted it here.
I thought up a concept for a four-disc boxed set(like Ultimate Collection),but it has better song choices,with new
unreleased songs.The album,which is titled "Legend" would be released like Visionary,starting out with the first disc inside of a
tri-fold case,with a 40 page color booklet containing unreleased and beautiful pictures,and the other three discs being
released at different periods of time.
The cover:
mjlegendcover.jpg

The set would come in a steel tri-fold case and would have the MJ logo embossed onto the case.
The case is NOT a carrying case,but a box(also,like Visionary),so it would be a tad bit more expensive(probably about $100).
But here's the fun part...
The tracklist:
The reason for the Parental Advisory logo is because of the language,using the uncensored versions on Disc 2
of Scream and TDCAU,plus whatever language any unreleased songs contain,which is currently unknown.
DISC ONE ~ THE POWER YEARS:
1.) Can You Feel It
2.) Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
3.) Off The Wall
4.) Rock With You
5.) P.Y.T.(Pretty Young Thing)
6.) Billie Jean
7.) Thriller
8.) Beat It
9.) Human Nature
10.) We Are Here To Change The World
11.) Another Part Of Me
12.) Bad
13.) The Way You Make Me Feel
14.) I Just Can't Stop Loving You(Spoken Intro Version)
15.) Man In The Mirror
16.) Dirty Diana
17.) Leave Me Alone
18.) Smooth Criminal
19.) Come Together
DISC TWO ~ THE PROVOCATIVE YEARS:
1.) Jam
2.) Give Into Me
3.) Remember The Time
4.) In The Closet
5.) Who Is It
6.) Will You Be There?(This Is It Vocals Version)
7.) Gone Too Soon
8.) Heal The World
9.)Scream(feat. Janet Jackson)[Uncensored Version]
10.) They Don't Care About Us(Uncensored Version)
11.) Stranger In Moscow
12.) Earth Song
13.) You Are Not Alone
14.) Childhood
15.) 2 Bad
16.) Ghosts
17.) Is It Scary?
18.) Blood On The Dance Floor
19.) HIStory(TM Lesson 7' Edit)
DISC THREE ~ THE FINAL YEARS(horrible name,I know):
1.) Unbreakable
2.) Butterflies
3.) Cry
4.) You Rock My World
5.) Whatever Happens
6.) Threatened
7.) One More Chance
8.) What More Can I Give?(Solo Demo)
**9.) (I Like) The Way You Love Me
10.) Hold My Hand(feat. Akon)
11.) Hollywood Tonight(Demo)
12.) Another Day(feat. Lenny Kravitz)[Demo]
DISC FOUR ~ THE UNRELEASED CATALOG:
1.) A Place With No Name
2.) Blue Gangsta
3.) 12'O Clock
4.) Streetwalker(Demo)
5.) Man In Black
6.) Can't Get Your Weight(Off Me)
7.) Xscape
8.) From The Bottom Of My Heart
9.) H2O
10.) I Am A Loser
11.) I'm Still The King(feat. wil.i.am)
12.) Legacy
13.) Miss You(Tribute to James Brown)
14.) Neverland Landing(feat. Whitney Houston)*
*There is a song called Neverland Landing listed on Wikipedia,but Whitney Houston was not
originally on the information in the list.It would be a virtual duet,since it never
happened when both artists were alive.
**This was the version used on the Michael CD from 2010.The reason I added this one in
was because I felt that choosing the demo over the completed version
wouldn't have done the song justice,and I sometimes feel with some songs,
demos feel incomplete being released.

Last edited:
I like this idea! Sounds really great :) I only have a few issues:

* For the greatest-hits disc, I think there would have to be a LOT of cutting from what you chose. CDs don't have enough space to hold that much music, mostly due to the fact that the songs you chose are LONG. But great selections nonetheless!

* Michael never recorded a song with Justin Timberlake, and there is no song titled "Game Over" in existence (as far as the fan community is aware). There is a LOT of false information on the Wikipedia list that people randomly add.

* Parental Advisory logo. Very understandable... but I will for one be STUNNED if a Michael Jackson album ever was required to have that logo :p

Otherwise, this is a really great idea. But I think there would be MORE controversy because fans would have to pay more for songs they already have just to get one disc of new music. But I would get it.

They wouldn't put a parental advisory logo on it.
It wouldn't be a good look at all for any MJ release.
And, they never did that for the HIStory album anyway.

So it would either be censored, or no logo at all.

Sometimes, albums can get away without using the sticker.

Replace Throwback Mix with Demo Version, and Another Day Demo, and the original The Way you love me demo.

Nice idea :)

If I remember correctly "Bottle of smoke" is actually "Hollywood tonight"
the only recording was a distorted short clip of some fans evesdropping through the walls
After Hollywood was released we coudl hear it was Hollywood they were working on and the
fans just misinterpreted the lyrics in it .. Someone correct me if iM wrong please

Okay,I didn't realize all too much about the songs on the unreleased disc---it was 1:30am and I was working on this,so I was obviously too tired to know the truth from false information.:p
Thanks so far for everyone's input.:)

This is a great concept. I thought of something like this before. The only thing I would change about this is make a part 2 to the Ultimate Collections. Something like "The Underrated Collection", and I would choose all the songs that didnt make part 1 (The Ultimate Collections) or if they did release the demo version or an alternate take. For the DVD/BluRay I would do a documentary. Wouldn't it have been great if Michael released a HIStory Book 2.

Nice idea :)

If I remember correctly "Bottle of smoke" is actually "Hollywood tonight"
the only recording was a distorted short clip of some fans evesdropping through the walls
After Hollywood was released we coudl hear it was Hollywood they were working on and the
fans just misinterpreted the lyrics in it .. Someone correct me if iM wrong please

Bottle of Smoke does exist from 1989 with Bryan Loren. You are right though, that a few years ago a low quality snippet of Hollywood leaked online under that title :)

Back