Dating Within the MJ Community

PurdyYungThang84

Guests
It's so funny, looking back on when I was really heavy on the MJ scene I was so sure I'd end up seriously dating another MJ fan lol. For what it was worth, I had a couple of fleeting flirtations but they in time, ran their course.

Our world as fans sits in such a specific niche, and myself as well as some other good fan friends of mine seem to have always found ourselves in the same predicament: explaining our "fandom" to whomever we're dating and praying that if they don't by some slim chance understand it, that they'll at least accept it lol. I know for me, I feel naked and terribly vulnerable explaining MJ stuff to a person that's outside of this little world of ours. And to expose such a sensitive, precious part of yourself, hoping that it's at least received luke-warmly, to more-often-than-not be met with "Ummm yeah that's cool, do your thing, but I just don't really get it" by the person you care about.... Errrrrrrrrrrrm yeahhhh, that never doesn't sting a little lol.

With other fans they, for the most part, already GET that side of you (if not completely share your feelings). There's no awkward heart-to-heart discussions to be had lol. It makes sharing such a big part of who you are that much more enjoyable. My bf now is an absolute dream and I love him deeply, and though he "accepts" my fan-ness so to speak lol, he doesn't really understand why I have some of the feelings that I do, which honestly ARE difficult to explain. But it does make me a little sad that if I'm having a day where I'm missing MJ, or if my spirits are up and I'm in the mood to watch a concert or something, that he'll never really share in that with me. Bleeeeeeeeh it's just so much easier with other fans lol.

So what do you guys think? Have you in the past/are you currently/would you like to date another MJ fan? Have you ever had any issues when explaining your fandom to your significant other? Any MJ couples out there willing to share their story and perspective? :)

NOW, that's a DARING and INTERESTING topic :clap:

Have you in the past/are you currently/would you like to date another MJ fan?

Well, since I grew up with Michael... I did long for a 'gentleman' that would understand Michael as if you do... then you understand the whole of me...

So, I dated a few Male MJ fans and indeed, I thought it would be easy cause I didn't have to explain my 'feelings' towards Michael and I thought if we had the same passions that would 'connect' us somehow... But the MJ fans I dated were all too 'wrapped' up in their passion for music or fashion and even as fan didn't understand WHY I :heart: Michael so much... They were 'intimidated' by my loyal love to Michael...
:scratch: Though, I would have given them my world, my everything... It just didn't work out... :sigh:

Have you ever had any issues when explaining your fandom to your significant other?

So, I tried to 'fall in love' with someone 'outside' the MJ bubble... OMG, I met IDIOTS :blink: I'm sowwy but I did... :doh: They were also 'intimidated' by my :wub: and loyalty for Michael...

I didn't gave them the chance to 'dump me', I put an end on each 'fling' with the line...
"You need a woman that puts you FIRST cause for me, Michael will always be N°1 :blush: "

Oh, then last year, I thought I had won the lottery :woohoo:
I fell in :heart: with a Look a like...
That was OMG, the BIGGEST mistake I ever made :puke: He was handsome as MJ but he was truly NOT Michael- like :blink:

So, I'm done with boys or men :beee:

Anyone, with a nice lovely story who has found the man of her dreams... TRY to convince me cause my knight got crisped by a dragon... He was too stubborn to ask for directions... :sigh:

I know two friends of mine who are in the mj fan community and they had been dating for a long time and are now happily married :)

i think its would be nice to date a male mj fan but that alone cant be just the basis of the relationship. There has to be more than that , like respect, loyalty, friendship and real deep love for each other on a deeper level i suppose.

popcorn-MJ.gif
:shifty:

Well I married my childhood sweetheart and luckily he is an MJ fan, just not as bad as me lol. He is more of a fan of the earlier stuff from Off the Wall, Thriller and Bad, although he does like some of the newer stuff like Speechless.
Andrew is a very loving and understanding man and we finally got together in 2003 so we went through the whole court case together and I think it was that that made him realise just how deeply my love is for MJ.
Whenever a song comes on the radio or tv he will turn it up so I can hear it if im in another room, he knows not to turn it off lol.
Andrew calls MJ the other man in my life and is not phased or anything, which is good for me, he is always there if I am having a miss MJ day.
Just the other day we were talking and messing about and he likes to mess my words up and kept saying I said something about a bazooka. So I said I would love a bazooka and aim it at a certain person, he knew exactly who I meant and said he would do it for me as he killed the most famous and talented person in the whole world. He keeps telling me that the no good piece of crap wont last long when hes out.
Its things like that that make me love him more.

Well, I never really tried to "date" (hehe, I don't like the word dating) another MJ fan, but with one of my ex boyfriends (now my best friend) I had a very nice experience - he wasn't a fan in the real sense of the word, but he liked Mj's music (he even gave me a lot of new MJ CDs as gifts) and he understood my love for him. Hehe, sometimes, when watching some videos together, he would even say that Michael looked so good, he would have done him as well, if he were a woman :blush:

Oh, and one nice story...when Michael died, I was out of the country on a longer vacation. Shortly after Michael's death, they organized on a little stadium in Bucharest a memorial, where they lighted candles and showed the Dangerous Tour Bucharest. Knowing that I would have loved being there, my ex went in my place and filmed the whole memorial for me to see later...

I would like to date someone who is a Michael Jackson fan. However, I am not saying that is the only thing i am going to see in a guy. All I ask is respect to the person I admire

I think I would like to too . I think that click ~* CLICK *connection would be a beautiful bonus to a potential relationship and would probably make me at my happiest .
Who knows . I hope this thread continue and people add to it. I, for one would like to read more Experiences . Success storys and thoughts .

Found it! lol. I hope more folks chime in, I love seeing everyone's stories and perspectives. Bump, to keep this party going lol! :scream:

It would be great to date a fellow fan, so long as you agree on certain aspects, ie the Jacksons and an album that must not be named, or it could turn out like the war of the roses! Lol Both my husbands have been jealous of Michael as its been made clear to them that there is simply no competition. :)

I've had flings with a few. One was already taken, but she was so smashed out of her head, she gave in lol

I married the man of my life ... He adores Michael's music.
But of course he does't understand my love for Michael ... No one in my "real life" does :(
Thats why i live my internet life (friends) so much!
After Michael's death it brought my hub and me in seriuous problems ... He could not understand ( he tried!) and i guess i wasn't able to explain ..
After a battle of 1 year about my

18 year old guy, just looking for a down to earth girl who doesn't say bad words upon Michael! i don't judge by looks, i judge from what is in the heart. the abyss of their personality is what makes me fall for someone. although, i am yet to find ''the one'' if that's what you'd call it. my past relationships..girls have betrayed me :/ so it looks like i'm alone forever, working as a chef. then, coming home & sitting on my computer waiting for the next MJ cd without any hope of love. Girls where i live, they only go for looks, most of them hang with the drug addicts and that annoys me a lot. As the girl eventually take on their habits and she is clouded in the mind by them also, hmm.. i don't know, i guess love is just as rare as an ice age for me :cheers:

18 year old guy, just looking for a down to earth girl who doesn't say bad words upon Michael! i don't judge by looks, i judge from what is in the heart. the abyss of their personality is what makes me fall for someone. although, i am yet to find ''the one'' if that's what you'd call it. my past relationships..girls have betrayed me :/ so it looks like i'm alone forever, working as a chef. then, coming home & sitting on my computer waiting for the next MJ cd without any hope of love. Girls where i live, they only go for looks, most of them hang with the drug addicts and that annoys me a lot. As the girl eventually take on their habits and she is clouded in the mind by them also, hmm.. i don't know, i guess love is just as rare as an ice age for me :cheers:

Don't dispair, Zakk! From what I've read, you seem like a sensitive and down to earth guy, which is a rare thing in this day and age. You are still very young. Later, you'll see that, like yourself, girls will change and they'll value other things in a man. It will come to you, or I'd rather say she...

Erandi;3897510 said:
Don't dispair, Zakk! From what I've read, you seem like a sensitive and down to earth guy, which is a rare thing in this day and age. You are still very young. Later, you'll see that, like yourself, girls will change and they'll value other things in a man. It will come to you, or I'd rather say she...

thank you for your kind words, i guess girls standards are just in looks.. when in reality their guy is treating them like dirt and most of the time cheating on them! just like my ex.. she cheated on me, she also made me waste £200 on her. i regret ever meeting her now, but when someone mentions her i get rushed with emotions. what can i do to forget about her, for good? thanks again :)

Dating HUH :blink:

Such a 'time consuming' thing!

I've done it but Nah, there's gotta be that spark both ways :doh:
Now, that's the 'tricky' bit. You can love a man or woman all you can IF the spark isn't there, it's tough to keep believing in US. :blush:

It's easy to say, don't despair you'll find the ONE!

Finding the ONE for you! A soul mate! Someone that will love you no matter what is like winning the lottery, it's being in the right place at the right moment!

It must be a dream to be in a relationship with a fellow MJFam member! :wub:

I'm already just turned 27 and I'm thinking of getting myself on the dating market.

Dating? Ugh, no thanks.

This summer, I experienced the closest thing to a human relationship I've ever had. I guess you could say he was an MJ fan, if you want to put it that way.

Never again pls. Humans are confusing. -____________-''

Fictional characters and Michael are much better. :D

Uhmm I dated this guy that wasn't a fan exactly, but he really enjoyed and still enjoys Michael's music quite a lot, he respects him too which is great. Anyway, I'm single now but I would like to see how it is to date another fellow MJ fan... I guess & see how that would be... I wouldn't want someone as obsessed as me or MORE :lol: then what would be the point of having a relationship? I mean I know iI can try and "control" my obsessive feelings towards Michael if I really try to avoid any jealousy :lol: but what if the other person can't? I don't know I guess I'd like to try that but sadly, where I live there aren't many Michael fans my age

Although my bf is not an MJ fan I have to say he's quite understanding! He lets me put on Michael's music all the time:lol:, lets me put my drawings up on the wall.. But, no he doesn't 'understand'. He always asks me "how can you feel that way for someone you've never met?" and I'm like ..:sigh:
So no, I can't really 'share' any Michael-stuff with him, aside from the maybe 2 or 3 times we watched a documentary or some live performance together. He does respect him though, and for instance when WR came with his allegations he was very supportive which was sweet:wub: He immediately said this guy was all about $$.
Also, although he knows I really do love him, he's just a tiny bit jealous seeing me so in love over Michael, and well to be honest, I'd feel the same! I guess it isn't really fair, but...it's Michael! I can't help it:wub:
I guess in the end what's really good about this is to realize he can let me be free to do what I want, and he doesn't try to change me. So if I was single and would have to choose, I wouldn't necessarily want to date an MJ fan (couldn't really share a lot of my feelings with a man anyway:shifty: ) just a guy that I love, who loves me & lets me be me :)

Date another MJ fan?

-shrugs- I feel kind of pathetic that I'm 21 and have never actually dated in my life. I don't know if I'm even capable of being in a relationship.

But being with another fan might prove interesting. Then I'd have someone to gush about MJ to that wouldn't just roll their eyes and say "yeah that's nice."

This is a great thread! So I'm dating this guy who is a wonderful person to be around, and he even reminds me of Michael in little ways sometimes. But to be honest, I really haven't confessed the extend of my love for Michael to him yet. My boyfriend knows that I love MJ's music, but he isn't aware that it's SO much more than that. I'm not really sure how to even bring this up in a conversation... :hysterical: Michael is such a huge part of my life and who I am, and I just don't know how to explain it to him without sounding nuts! Any advice would be so helpful! LOL and the worst part is i'm not even sure how he feels about MJ. I'm ashamed that I haven't discussed this with him yet :sorry: This is my first serious relationship and I've just been lost for words on how to explain this fandom to him! :bugeyed

Back