Michael Jackson's last driver's license

ivy

Proud Member
The news story is from TMZ and most of it is irrelevant and negative towards Michael so I'm just adding the pictures of Michael's last driver's license. Picture is taken at 2005.

1221-2michael-jackson-driverslicense-1.jpg

1221-subasset-michael-jackson-driverslicense-1.jpg

I feel sad seeing that. Would this of been at the beginning of 2005 where the trials were still taking place or afterwards? Seeing unseen stuff like that really makes you wonder how many more videos and photos unseen there are of him. Anyway, here are some happier times of him in the car. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkP_ODA6ezA

Would this of been at the beginning of 2005 where the trials were still taking place or afterwards?

It's dated July 21 2005 so it's a little more than one month after the verdict.

I saw this earlier, but decided against posting as it is TMZ wanting to ridicule Michael for the umpteenth time and the comments on it, even worse :(

It's sad to me, especially seeing the date of expiration - on his Birthday in 2010. He never made it.

RIP in Michael... I hate TMZ.. I just hope that one day all those who made MJ look like this, including the greedy and self-serving 'doctors' along with his lying accusers will rot in hell...

I saw this earlier, but decided against posting as it is TMZ wanting to ridicule Michael for the umpteenth time and the comments on it, even worse :(

as you can see it's possible to omit all the things/comments written and just post the picture :)

So everyone will go on the link. That`s what TMZ wants.

sorry but many people can control themselves and not click it especially given the fact that I have pointed out the news story/ comments are "irrelevant and negative" towards Michael and posted the only relevant/ new part - the driver's license- here. Don't blame it on others if you or anyone else couldn't stop clicking the link. Furthermore many people do read TMZ regardless of if they post MJ stuff or not. So can we please stop this irrelevant semantics and go back to the topic.

Not the happiest photo, but it wasn't a happy time in his life.

Maybe we should all post our ID photos here :) Mine is horrible as the guy taking the photo made me laugh, but it's not allowed. So I have a cranky face trying not to laugh haha.

Not the happiest photo, but it wasn't a happy time in his life.

Maybe we should all post our ID photos here :) Mine is horrible as the guy taking the photo made me laugh, but it's not allowed. So I have a cranky face trying not to laugh haha.

Yea, having an unflattering drivers license or passport photo is sort of a rite of passage, we all have one at some point :)

I didn't know Michael kept up with renewing his license after the 80's, I wonder if he still drove through the highways late at night, hopefully he at least became a more cautious driver :D

I feel sad seeing that. Would this of been at the beginning of 2005 where the trials were still taking place or afterwards? Seeing unseen stuff like that really makes you wonder how many more videos and photos unseen there are of him. Anyway, here are some happier times of him in the car. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkP_ODA6ezA

I feel sad too.. just looking at that and wondering where was his family? his support system? did he have one. I also wonder what plastic surgeon messed up MJ's nose like that. Was it Hoefflin? what plastic surgeon did that to him? And if it was disfigured like that why didn't anyone help him? I swear I look at MJ in this pic and blame his mother for not getting him the help he needed. Where was she when he so emotionally drained with such low self esteem?

My passeport pic is so horrible it's a wonder I manage to get out of the Shengen States. This picture is very sad, but I'm glad Ivy posted it.

I didn't know Michael kept up with renewing his license after the 80's, I wonder if he still drove through the highways late at night, hopefully he at least became a more cautious driver :D

Don't know anything about CA but my state requires everyone have a state issued ID. So he might have been required to maintain a current ID and/or driver's license

I also wonder what plastic surgeon messed up MJ's nose like that. Was it Hoefflin? what plastic surgeon did that to him? And if it was disfigured like that why didn't anyone help him?

and you hate and complain about TMZ? sorry but how is what you wrote any better than what TMZ and/or the people wrote in comments? Talk about a negative and insulting comment towards Michael. At least I had the decency to omit the negative talk from the original source but you couldn't stop yourself to call Michael "disfigured". SMDH

That picture really looks a lot more like 2002.

The question is how did they obtain it? Probably from one of those family members for a some lousy bucks.

So the ridicule of MJ is still going on in full force. Now that the press has done all the hard work of contributing to his death through endless cycle of constant harassment, ridicule and persecution, they are now working equally hard on ruining his memory at all costs. Ultimately the goal is to destroy the legacy (or whatever honorable thing is left of him) the same way they have destroyed the person in life. How do they plan on achieving that? well, by flooding the market with constant spins of negative stories.

The estate of MJ was right when they said that the biggest challenge is not generating money, but protecting and preserving his legacy from a media bizarrely obsessed with the destruction of MJ at all costs.

Ok. I'm done ranting

The question is how did they obtain it? Probably from one of those family members for a some lousy bucks.

Actually if you pay attention to the second picture it has a notice added by DMV which reads " I hereby certify that the document to which this is affixed is a true copy of the records of the Department of Motor Vehicles".

In other words this seems to be a copy they got from DMV probably based on some sort of FOIA (Freedom of Information Act).

----

Edited to add : Yes it's possible to get driver's license records. The below info also explains why it doesn't have his address , height /weight and so on.

How to get a copy of someone else's driver license, ID card, vehicle or vessel record

Vehicle, vessel, driver license and identification (ID) card records are open to public inspection. Confidential information, such as social security numbers and residence addresses, may only be disclosed to a court, law enforcement agency or other individual when they are authorized by a specific federal or state statute.

To request vehicle registration record or driver license/identification card record information, complete a Request for Record Information INF 70 form.

Effective March 24, 2010, casual requestors cannot immediately obtain information from his/her spouse, minor child, or registered domestic partner. If you wish to obtain the vehicle registration record or driver license/identification card record information of your spouse, minor child, or registered domestic partner, please complete an INF 70 .

Mail your request with the appropriate fees (provided on form) to:

Department of Motor Vehicles
Public Operations, Unit-G199
P. O. BOX 944247
Sacramento, California 94244-2470.

The form must be submitted to DMV headquarters in Sacramento for processing as the law requires DMV send a copy of the request form to the subject of record.

NOTE: You will not receive residence address information unless a state or federal statute is cited and approved by code name and section number that authorizes or requires the release.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/faq/genfaq.htm

Actually if you pay attention to the second picture it has a notice added by DMV which reads " I hereby certify that the document to which this is affixed is a true copy of the records of the Department of Motor Vehicles".

In other words this seems to be a copy they got from DMV probably based on some sort of FOIA (Freedom of Information Act).

----

Edited to add : Yes it's possible to get driver's license records

How to get a copy of someone else's driver license, ID card, vehicle or vessel record

Vehicle, vessel, driver license and identification (ID) card records are open to public inspection. Confidential information, such as social security numbers and residence addresses, may only be disclosed to a court, law enforcement agency or other individual when they are authorized by a specific federal or state statute.

To request vehicle registration record or driver license/identification card record information, complete a Request for Record Information INF 70 form.

Effective March 24, 2010, casual requestors cannot immediately obtain information from his/her spouse, minor child, or registered domestic partner. If you wish to obtain the vehicle registration record or driver license/identification card record information of your spouse, minor child, or registered domestic partner, please complete an INF 70 .

Mail your request with the appropriate fees (provided on form) to:

Department of Motor Vehicles
Public Operations, Unit-G199
P. O. BOX 944247
Sacramento, California 94244-2470.

The form must be submitted to DMV headquarters in Sacramento for processing as the law requires DMV send a copy of the request form to the subject of record.

NOTE: You will not receive residence address information unless a state or federal statute is cited and approved by code name and section number that authorizes or requires the release.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/faq/genfaq.htm

I'm not sure how the privacy law works, shouldn't this be kept private? what is going on? Does that mean that TMZ can go out there and request the drivers licence of anyone?

I'm not sure how the privacy law works, shouldn't this be kept private? what is going on? Does that mean that TMZ can go out there and request the drivers licence of anyone?

It seems they can.

Why is there no date of birth on it? :scratch:

Probably due to the privacy issues. The above info from CA DMV says that some information would be withheld. I'm assuming address, birth date, license number and/or social security number, height / weight and so on could be confidential information that they withhold.

It seems they can.

Probably due to the privacy issues. The above info from CA DMV says that some information would be withheld. I'm assuming address, birth date, license number and/or social security number, height / weight and so on could be confidential information that they withhold.
Then what is the point of withholding all that information for a drivers licence and yet releasing the licence? I'm just trying to understand the thinking behind this? what purpose is achieved here?

I checked the form and saw this

Request for Record Information (INF 70)

A Vehicle Registration (VR) record contains information relating to the registration of a vehicle or vessel. A driver license/identification card (DL/ID) contains information obtained from an individual's DL/ID application, reportable abstracts of convictions, and reportable accidents. California Vehicle Code (CVC) Section 1808 describes this information as "public record."

The Request for Record Information (INF 70) (PDF) form is used to request a DL/ID or VR record information on a one-time or occasional basis for:

DL/ID only:

a copy of your own photograph or

a copy of a deceased individual's photograph or

DL/ID or VR:

An individual's DL/ID or VR record information; other than your own.

You may request your own DL/ID or VR information by completing the INF 1125 form: Request for Own Driver LIcense or Vehicle Registration Record (INF 1125) (PDF)

Each request is reviewed to determine that the purpose of requesting the information is for a legitimate use and that the appropriate fee has been submitted.

Each request is reviewed to determine that the purpose of requesting the information is for a legitimate use and that the appropriate fee has been submitted.

Wonder what sort of legitimate purpose TMZ might have given. Oh wait I've got the answer, to scandalize MJ for the nth time.

Then what is the point of withholding all that information for a drivers licence and yet releasing the licence? I'm just trying to understand the thinking behind this? what purpose is achieved here?

Generally speaking licenses are used as an ID form in USA. Most of the time you can't get anything done without showing/giving them a copy of your driver's license or ID. This public record could be used by businesses to check an ID information given to them by actual government records. Like a background check.

In this instance it's obvious that TMZ had a request for the picture of the deceased and they had no other purpose.

--------------------------------------------

ok now I'm confused see the form there - http://apps.dmv.ca.gov/forms/inf/inf70.pdf

photo of a deceased individual can only be requested by an immediate family member and with a certified copy of death certificate

and purpose of request is also quite limited - main relevant reasons being "verify accuracy of personal information" (just as I assumed), "civil, criminal or arbitration" or "insurance"

So now I'm thinking this is not something TMZ can get on their own - unless they used some other FOIA basis we don't know. It's either filed as a part of a lawsuit and they got that from their "sources" or this is something requested by family.

So now I'm thinking this is not something TMZ can get on their own. It's either filed as a part of a lawsuit and they got that from their "sources" or this is something requested by family.

Bingo

I'm sorry to say this, but he looks devastated in this picture. The expression on his face does make it seem to be a photo made after the trial, he looks tired and deeply dissapointed in life. I see more pain in this photo than in his mugshot photo.

Is it just me, or can you actually see traces of vitiligo?

Last edited:
Reactions: EML
That picture really looks a lot more like 2002.

yes, like this one:

michael_thumbsup-600x400.jpg

Or from 2001:

166618-michael-jacksons-changing-faces.jpg

But the thing is that this permanent make.up was really a bad decision to have it.... and its also about the shadows and the lights from all sides.... or just from the cameras taking pics....

Rare-cute-sweet-Michael-michael-jackson-32685187-307-594.jpg

Of course, there werent many reasons to smile after June 2005

Last edited:
I think this release is a clear breach of privacy and I'm sure the estate will send cease and desist letters soon if not already.

Why post a tmz link when there are so many negative comments on the page. Did Mike ever say he wanted the fans to see the pic ? Makes me think of people walking towards a dead body like "let's see what is in his pockets, oh wow, a driving license !!! Let's put that on the internet, let's throw it out there ! :D"

Last edited:
Back