The Jackson 5 or The Jackson's

The Jackson 5 or The Jackson's

• Total voters
The Jacksons. Especially from Destiny on (Triumph is a fantastic album). Better music IMO and I prefer Michael's adult voice.

I like both. I so L.O.V.E. how he had sung the song Maria. But when I think how Michael's voice was in the song Torture. That I had to vote for the Jacksons. I just so totally L.O.V.E. the Victory album. Especially for the song Torture.

I prefer The Jacksons also, Michael had more control in the creative process, they didn't sing covers (Motown made them sing too many covers for my taste.)

The Jacksons- because the brothers had more creative control over the songs and they, especially Michael wrote great songs.

I take the Jackson 5 .

They have muuuuuuuh more songs I like. Because there are muuuuch more albums and compilation album wich unrelased matrial (together 15 J5 Motown albums with songs + 6 MJ Solo Motown Solo albums.)
I listen to my favorites of this big package on a very long playlists sorted slightly after recording dated I find out from the internet).

I love to hear Michael sharing the lead with Jermaine muuuuuuch more then Michael sharing the lead vocals with the other brothers when they left Motown.
The both were absolut gold together in the motown days.

Also the Harmonies of the Jackson 5 when they sung together sounded much better and there were much more and longer parts were they sung very beautiful together in the songs.

Motown also released many Remix Albums during the yeares with some very good official Remixes from their stuff since the 80ies which I prefer over sony remixes from MJs later songs.
From the Jacksons we have not really official remixes

Last edited:
Jackson 5 are just bubblegum, performing standard's of the motown repertoire. The Jacksons were awesome and if Thriller didn't happen there would have been even more great Jacksons albums.

I actually don't like that they are seen as 2 separate bands. Every music website I've seen has them as separate entities. Yet this doesn't happen for bands like Black Sabbath or deep purple who have often had personnel changes in their lineups.

I like the Jackson 5 singles from '69-'72.

I like the jacksons singles from '76-'79.

I like the catchy 'bubble-gum-soul' of the Jackson 5:heart:, but it's very much before my time in terms of lyrics, recording techniques, etc. not a fan of loud drums either..

with the jacksons, I prefer this phase of Michael's voice. the music sounds more polished and varied. what really edges it out is the performance aspect (especially the variety show). however, it's clear that Michael outgrew a group setting very early on.

for legacy, i'd choose Jackson 5. they had more career highlights, and made more of an impact.

Back