Thriller Live - Celebrates Selling 1,000,000 Tickets in West End

billyworld99

Proud Member
Theatre news

39437.jpg

THRILLER – Live, the concert show that celebrates the music of Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5, is celebrating selling 1,000,000 tickets in the West End and starting its fifth amazing year at the Lyric Theatre.

And for one lucky Thriller – Live fan attending the show on Tuesday, January 29, 2013, it will be a night they will never forget.

They will meet the cast on stage and be presented with a millionth customer golden ticket. They will also receive a copy of the stunning, sold-out limited edition, The Official Michael Jackson Opus, plus a fantastic collection of Thriller – Live merchandise and Michael Jackson CDS, courtesy of Sony.

Worth more than £450 and weighing in at 12kg, beautifully hand-bound in black leather, The Official Michael Jackson Opus is the only new publication approved and endorsed by the Estate of Michael Jackson and has more than 400 pages of never-before-seen photographs plus personal, heartfelt essays written exclusively by those who knew Michael best.

Thriller – Live opened in the West End in January 2009 after three acclaimed UK tours. It is currently booking at the Lyric Theatre until Sunday, September 15, 2013.

Several world tours have seen the show play to acclaim in 32 countries, including Germany, Italy, Poland, Denmark, Holland, Belgium, Switzerland, France, Singapore, South Africa, China, Sweden, Finland and Norway. Just returned from a four-month run in Japan and opening in February for a five-month run in Brazil, Thriller – Live has now been seen by more than 2,500,000 people worldwide. And transporting the show worldwide has clocked up 1,000,000 truck miles.

Unlike other West End productions, Thriller – Live is not a rigid book musical with set songs, but is a constantly evolving music concert celebration. It brings to life on stage the distinctive high-energy dancing and pulsating sound of many of pop’s greatest hits, blending eye-popping video footage and effects together with dazzling choreography by the show’s award-winning director Gary Lloyd.

When Michael Jackson died, the Lyric Theatre became a focus for fans from all over the world, who created a massive shrine of flowers, candles and tributes. More than 40 books of condolence were signed in the foyer then sent to the Jackson family. A year after his death, a permanent West End memorial to Michael was unveiled in the theatre foyer.

To date, more than 30 young boys have sung the hits of the young Michael Jackson in the West End and around the world. The need to have six available at any one time has led the producers of Thriller – Live to launch an in-house training academy to train young boys. The MJ Academy opened its doors for the first time on Friday, November 9. Would-be MJs get classes in singing and dancing every Friday between 5pm and 8pm, with terms lasting three months .

Produced by Paul Walden and Derek Nicol for Flying Music in association with Adrian Grant for Key Concerts, Thriller – Live was originally conceived and created by Executive Director of the show, Adrian Grant, a long time associate of Michael Jackson, and author of Michael Jackson – The Visual Documentary.

http://www.indielondon.co.uk/Theatre-Review/thriller-live-celebrates-selling-1000000-tickets-in-w-e

Re: Thriller - Live celebrates selling 1,000,000 tickets in West End

Thanks for this, it's great that the show has been such a success. I didn't expect it to be running for this long when it started. I read that MJ effectively gave Adrian the rights to use his music, almost as a favour, when it started. If that's the case and if the arrangements were never re-negotiated it's a pity MJ and the MJ Estate won't have profitted from the show. It must be one of the more successful celebrity musicals in the West End. Also, it doesn't receive so much attention as shows like 'We Will Rock You', 'Mamma Mia', and the new Spice Girls show. It kind of crept into the West End, almost unnoticed when it started and has never really been the centre of attention since then.

I don't remember reading about the permanent MJ memorial being unveiled at the Lyric theatre. If I'm in the area I'll pop and take a look.

I've seen this show live. It scks big time. don't know what's the fuss about it. the main dancer was like having a spasm when dancing. None of the dancers there dance at least decently.

Thanks for this, it's great that the show has been such a success. I didn't expect it to be running for this long when it started. I read that MJ effectively gave Adrian the rights to use his music, almost as a favour, when it started. If that's the case and if the arrangements were never re-negotiated it's a pity MJ and the MJ Estate won't have profitted from the show. It must be one of the more successful celebrity musicals in the West End. Also, it doesn't receive so much attention as shows like 'We Will Rock You', 'Mamma Mia', and the new Spice Girls show. It kind of crept into the West End, almost unnoticed when it started and has never really been the centre of attention since then.

I don't remember reading about the permanent MJ memorial being unveiled at the Lyric theatre. If I'm in the area I'll pop and take a look.

But to still be running with minimal PR then just goes to show its popularity and word of mouth. I've personally contributed about 9-11 tickets to the show and still wanna go see it again! It's the only daily dose of MJ that we really get in the UK so I'm grateful. Although I would like to see more post History songs in the set though.

I saw it in Dublin and I loved it. It was all about Michael's music and their own choreograph to the songs. They had no MJ imitator in it, which was good, and of course they cannot sing and dance like Michael, no one can:) but they can keep Michael's musical legacy alive and bring his music to new generations.

WOW, Thriller – Live has now been seen by more than 2,500,000 people worldwide.

Its like for high-profile acts like Madonna, Rolling Stones...

Really impressive.

I saw it in Dublin and I loved it. It was all about Michael's music and their own choreograph to the songs. They had no MJ imitator in it, which was good, and of course they cannot sing and dance like Michael, no one can:) but they can keep Michael's musical legacy alive and bring his music to new generations.

And that's what I like about it... a tribute to Michael without those impersonators. I really admire Adrian Grant and his efforts to promote Michael's legacy.

6-Year-Old Croydon Girl Is THRILLER LIVE's 1 millionth West End customer

Wednesday, January 30, 2013; 05:01 AM - by BWW News Desk

For one lucky Thriller Live fan attending the show's fifth anniversary last night, it was a night she will never ever forget!

Six-year-old Channelle Koroglu from South Croydon, a Michael Jackson super fan, discovered she was the one millionth customer to see the show in the West End.

Chanelle was called on stage during the show to meet the cast, and was presented with a millionth customer golden ticket plaque, a copy of the stunning, sold-out limited edition, The Official Michael Jackson Opus, the entire back catalogue of Michael Jackson CDS, and a fantastic collection of Thriller Live merchandise.

Worth more than £450 and weighing in at a whopping 12kg, beautifully hand-bound in black leather, The Official Michael Jackson Opus is the only new publication approved and endorsed by the Estate of Michael Jackson and has more than 400 pages of never-before-seen photographs plus personal, heartfelt essays written exclusively by those who knew Michael Best.

The cast of the show perfoming last night, which marked the start of its fifth year at the Lyric Theatre, including American Idol finalist Trenyce Cobbins, Haydon Eshun, former lead singer of boyband Ultimate Kaos, and Eshan Gopal as the young Michael Jackson signed show posters to add to Channelle's boxed Michael Jackson Opus.

Chanelle, who attends Selsdon Primary School in South Croydon, was attending the show with her mother, Samantha for the very first time. Proudly sporting a sequinned MJ-style Fedora hat that she has owned for three years, she said: "This is a really great birthday present - I'm 7 next week. I loved all the show: well, all except for the scary zombies in Thriller!"

Thriller Live, a spectacular concert show that celebrates the music of the world's greatest entertainer and undisputed King of Pop, Michael and the Jackson 5, moonwalked into the West End in January 2009 after three acclaimed UK tours. It is currently booking at the Lyric Theatre to Sunday September 15, 2013. Several world tours have seen the show play to acclaim in 32 countries, including Germany, Italy, Poland, Denmark, Holland, Belgium, Switzerland, France, Singapore, South Africa, China, Sweden, Finland and Norway. Just returned from a four- month run in Japan and opening in February for a five-month run in Brazil, Thriller - Live has now been seen by more than 2,500,000 people worldwide.

Unlike other West End productions, Thriller Live is not a rigid book musical with set songs, but is a constantly evolving music concert celebration. When Michael Jackson died, the Lyric Theatre became a focus for fans from all over the world, who created a massive shrine of flowers, candles, and tributes. More than 40 books of condolence were signed in the foyer then sent to the Jackson family. A year after his death, a permanent West End memorial to Michael was unveiled in the theatre foyer.

Thriller Live brings to life on stage the distinctive high-energy dancing and pulsating sound of many of pop's greatest hits, blending eye-popping video footage and effects together with dazzling choreography by the show's award-winning director Gary Lloyd. The show has regularly been updated with additional songs, new visuals and choreography.

To date, more than 30 young boys have so far sung the hits of the young MJ in the West End and around the world. The need to have six available at any one time has led the producers of Thriller - Live to launch an in-house training academy to train young boys. The MJ Academy opened its doors for the first time on Friday 9 November. Would-be MJs get classes in singing and dancing every Friday between 5pm and 8pm, with terms lasting three months.

Read more: http://westend.broadwayworld.com/ar...onth-West-End-customer-20130130#ixzz2JSRTtYVl

Re: Thriller Live - celebrates selling 1,000,000 tickets in West End

I saw it in London - it is great!

i read an article in the beginning of the year about things in showbusiness to look forward to in Sweden 2013
It was upcoming albums,concerts, events, 10 in each category.
I´m not sure it could be another category too butThriller live was mentioned there.

https://www.londontheatre1.com/inde...ve-celebrations-champagne-massive-cake-stage/

Thriller Live celebrations with champagne and massive cake on stage!

October 2, 2014 by Neil Cheesman

“Ladies and gentlemen, tonight you are all part of West End theatre history” Lyric Theatre owner Nica Burns, leading the Thriller Live Top 20 celebrations

There was champagne and a massive cake on stage last night as the cast, producers and backstage crew celebrated Thriller Live entering the record books as the 20th longest running musical in West End history.

Nica Burns, owner of the Lyric Theatre, home to Thriller Live since 2009, led the onstage celebrations at the 2,399th performance in front of an excited, capacity audience.

To tumultous applause, she announced: “Ladies and gentlemen, tonight you are all part of making West End theatre history because Thriller Live has entered the record books as the 20th longest running musical ever in West End theatre history. And why? It’s all because of one man – Michael Jackson and his wonderful musical legacy.”

The show’s creator Adrian Grant, said: “I was very fortunate to work with Michael Jackson for over 21 years and that’s why this show is here today. I wanted to continue his legacy and celebrate his music around the world. To date we have played in 28 countries to over three million people. Now we are one of the biggest West End shows of all time. I know Michael would be very proud and honored that we have achieved that. But it takes a very talented cast to replicate the magic that Michael brought to the stage and we have some of the most fantastic singers and dancers, together with great musicians who replicate his music day after day and a very hard working crew.
I’d like to thank Producers Paul Walden and Derek Nicol at Flying Music. I came to them in 2006 with the idea for this show. It started life as a tribute show and Michael Jackson came to see the 10th anniversary show in 2001 and he loved it. I also have to thank Gary Lloyd, the Director and Choreographer because without his amazing work we wouldn’t be here today.”

Producer Paul Walden added: “I want to thank the most important people in many ways – you the audience. You have helped us to celebrate over the past six years – and for many more in the future, we hope – the man who was and will always be the King of Pop.”

Recently Thriller Live overtook the records set by the legendary stage musicals The Sound of Music and My Fair Lady, who have now dropped forever out of the Top 20 longest runners of all time.

Thriller Live has played 2399 perfornances at the Lyric Theatre (as at Wednesday September 24). It is just 130 performances away from overtaking the record set by the 1993 revival of Grease (which ran 2529 performances before closing) and just 219 from leap frogging the original 1960 production of Oliver! (2,618 performances). In 2015 it will beat the record set up Evita, which closed after 2,900 performances at the Prince Edward Theatre.

Thriller-Live-Cake.jpg

Haydon Eshun, David Joran, Cleo Higgins, Jesse Smith, John Moabi, Young MJ Ramon Mariqueo Smith
Thriller-Live-Cake-2.jpg

Paul Walden (Producer) John Maher (Musical Supervisor) Adrian Grant
(Executive Director) Nica Burns (Nimax Theatres Chief Executive)
Derek Nicol (Producer) Britt Quinton (Resident Director)

As it continues its sensational record-breaking 6th year in the West End, the producers of Thriller Live announced earlier this month that the show was further extending its booking period to 6 September 2015. It had been booking to 26 April.

Thriller Live continues to set and break records and new territories around the globe. To date it has now performed to standing ovations in 28 countries from South Korea to Norway, and South America to China. The latest world tour will take in Australia and New Zealand for the first time. In October, Thriller Live will open in the UK, playing Eden Court Theatre, Inverness (20 – 25 October), Festival Theatre, Edinburgh (27 October – 1 November), Alhambra Theatre, Bradford (3 – 8 November), Grand Theatre, Wolvehampton (11 – 15 November). The cast then move to Australia in December where Thriller Live will premiere in Perth then play Adelaide, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney, then stop off for two weeks in New Zealand. More dates will be added in the region.

In London, Thriller Live is also the longest-running production in the Lyric Theatre’s 125-year history. It first moonwalked into the West End in January 2009 after three acclaimed UK tours. When Michael Jackson died, the Lyric became a focus for fans from all over the world, who created a massive shrine of flowers, candles, and tributes.

This is very good news. I passed next to the Theater this summer but I was in a bus and could not stop to go in. Now I wish I bought a ticket to see the show. Hopefully I will see it next time.

This show sounds so good and they take such care with the casting. If love to see it someday. Maybe they'll tour the States.

Thriller Enters Seventh Year In The West End – Tito Jackson And Show Producers Speak About Its Success
thriller20live20john20maher2c20adrian20grant2c20tito20jackson20gary20lloyd2c2020.jpg

Thriller Live John Maher, Adrian Grant, Tito Jackson, Gary Lloyd

The West End production of Thriller Live will celebrate tonight as it enters its seventh year in the West End by breaking more records.

Tito Jackson, who attended opening night at the Lyric Theatre in 2009 and has seen the show several times since with the rest of the Jackson brothers, has this week been speaking to the world’s press about the global success of Thriller Live.

He said: “It makes me feel very proud to see a show of this magnitude. It captures the personality of my brother, Michael. We always get new fans and new generations. One of the beautiful things about my brother’s career is its longevity and the multiple generations of fans who enjoy it. His music has lived a long time, the songs are evergreen and will last forever.”

Thriller Live recently became the 20th longest running musical in the history of the West End. This Sunday (25th January) the cast will perform their 2,530th show at the Lyric Theatre and overtake the record set by Grease to rise to 19th position on the chart. On Sunday 12th April Thriller Live will pass the original 1960 production of Oliver! (at 2,618 performances) to take 18th position.

Producers Paul Walden and Derek Nicol said in a statement: “January 22, 2015 is yet another amazing milestone in the history of our show. It is only truly exceptional shows that run this long in the West End and we are very grateful to the fans of Michael Jackson and West End theatre audiences who have taken the show to their hearts.

“It is an honour for us to keep the music of Michael Jackson alive and bring it to the next generation of theatregoers. Michael Jackson was known as a perfectionist and we constantly strive to ensure that Thriller Live, celebrating the genius of his songwriting, ground breaking live performances and trend-setting dance moves, is the very best experience it can be for his fans and music lovers worldwide. Unlike other West End shows Thriller Live is constantly evolving and we have exciting plans for 2015 with the introduction of some new material and additional special effects added.”

Thriller Live was originally conceived and created by Adrian Grant, a long time associate of Michael Jackson, and author of Michael Jackson – The Visual Documentary. The production recently extended its booking period at the Lyric Theatre to 6th September 2015.

http://www.westendframe.com/2015/01/thriller-live-enters-7th-year-in-west.html

When I think of how many people have seen this show, I think of this:

0fbcbbe4338a2cbec6da0ab9e257c364.jpg

Thriller Live West End cast fundraise for Red Nose Day

February 17, 2015 by Neil Cheesman
Thriller Live Red Nose Day

thrillered.jpg
thrillered2.jpg

The good news just keeps on coming at Thriller Live – the acclaimed West End show is extending its booking period to 17 April 2016!

And the hard-working cast are celebrating by looking to smash their own records for charity collections at the Lyric Theatre by fundraising for two weeks for Comic Relief’s Red Nose Day.

Just last month Thriller Live celebrated the start of a record-breaking 7th year in the West End. On January 25, with its 2,530th show at the Lyric Theatre, Thriller Live became the 19th longest running musical in the history of the West End. And on Sunday April 12, Thriller Live will overtake Oliver! to take the coveted 18th position.

Producers Paul Walden & Derek Nicol said in a statement today: “We are thrilled that Thriller Live goes from strength to strength, setting new records and passing even more impressive West End milestones and we are looking forward to another year at the Lyric Theatre. It is such a feel-good show that it’s a feature of our celebration of the music and dance moves of Michael Jackson that our audiences are usually up on their feet dancing in the aisles by the end of the show. We now want them to encourage them to dig into their pockets and give as much as to Comic Relief as they can as our cast do bucket collections at the theatre exits. Michael Jackson dedicated much of his life to helping those less fortunate in the world and we believe that Comic Relief through their work around the globe are carrying on that great and worthy tradition.”

Previous charitable fundraising at Thriller Live included one amazing night when soul legend Macy Gray, R&B stars Stooshe and X Factor winner Joe McEldery all performed MJ songs in the show alongside a moonwalking Pudsey the Bear for BBC1’s Children in Need.

Thriller Live continues to set and break records and visit new territories around the globe. It has performed to standing ovations in 28 countries from South Korea to Norway, and South America to China. The latest world tour is currently playing in Australia, New Zealand and Malaysia for the first time – the 29th, 30st and 31st countries to present it.

https://www.londontheatre1.com/news/102927/thriller-live-west-end-cast-fundraise-for-red-nose-day/

http://www.thestar.com.my/Lifestyle...r-Live-exhilarates-Malaysian-crowd/?page=0#pb

West End’s Thriller Live Exhilarates Malaysian Crowd

str2_dkThrill_Review_dineshk_2.ashx

str2_dkThrill_Review_dineshk_LED%20Screen.ashx

The stage performance, celebrating the songs of pop genius Michael Jackson, gave Malaysian audiences a reason to dance and sing out loud.

IT was a hot and humid Thursday evening, the sort where all you want to do is stay at home and watch the television in the comfort of your air-conditioned living room.

But for many Malaysians, the weather was no deterrent.

All of them simply descended upon the Putra Indoor Stadium at Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur, for the opening night of West End’s Thriller Live (on until March 25; information: visit www.ticketcharge.com.my or call 03-9222 8811).

These were die-hard fans of Michael Jackson, many donning the late King of Pop’s iconic gloves, fedora, sequin jackets and even the red leather number made famous in the Thriller music video.

Unlike Jersey Boys, a jukebox musical that charted the rise and fall of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons, Thriller Live is more of a musical celebration of MJ’s illustrious career, chronicling the Jackson 5’s early pop years right up to the 1970s, when the quintet earned critical acclaim.

Nevertheless, the solo Michael Jackson years is where the heart of this show truly lies, with hits from classic albums like Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad and Dangerous, bringing his pop genius into sharp focus.

Walking into the stadium, brushing shoulders with the visibly thrilled audience, it felt like I was about to watch a Michael Jackson concert itself.

The energy in the air reached a tipping point as the show neared its start.

And then, without warning, like many a gloved one’s concert, the stage exploded with a multitude of brightly-coloured lights.

The sound of drums and electric guitar sliced through the air with their potency, ushering in the five lead vocalists of the production.

The proceedings kicked off with Jackson 5 favourites such as I Want You Back, ABCand I’ll Be There.

But it was the booty-shaking disco nugget Blame It On The Boogie that got the crowd up and dancing.

The dancers and singer Samantha Johnson wore colourful costumes, transporting the audience to the halcyon era of glitter and groove.

One cannot have a celebration of MJ’s music without the ballad that catapulted the singer to stratosphere.

Miguel Ayesa (of reality show Rock Star: INXS fame) serenaded the audience with the emotional She’s Out Of My Life with such charm and charisma .

Ayesa, who also played the lead character Galileo Figaro in the Queen musical We Will Rock You, captured the tenderness and heart-tugging traits of the ballad, his voice smooth and almost lyrical in its presentation.

But it was in the second act of the show that the audience was really up and gyrating to prime cuts like Beat It, The Way You Make Me Feel, Dirty Diana, Billie Jean, Thriller,Bad and Black or White.

One of the most outstanding song sequences was Smooth Criminal.

Keeping to the 1930s gangster theme, the fast-paced number mirrored the 1987 music video, complete with a singer entering the nightclub in a white suit and hat, singing about a woman named Annie.

The crowd went berserk when the dancers and vocalist Sean Christopher performed the signature MJ gravity-defying lean.

Crowd favourites definitely included Alex Buchanan and J Rome, whose voices very much resembled Jackson’s.

They belted the signature high registers in Beat It and Earth Song to thunderous applause from the enamoured audience.

“It was great! The music, the production, the performers … everything was great. I really liked the second half of the show, as I’m more familiar with the later Michael era, songs like They Don’t Care About Us and Earth Song,” shared Mick, 29, after the show.

Another audience member, 33-year-old Abby Latif, liked that instead of it being merely a Michael Jackson musical, Thriller Live was a musical concert, too.

“I think it’s the trend now. We are looking at a lot of musical concerts rather than just a musical or a concert.

“Even when you watch This Is It, the MJ movie, everybody is on their feet, dancing and singing and that is what people want. And Thriller Live gives you that,” said Abby.

There is no denying that no one can recreate the magic of Michael Jackson. He was truly a one of a kind artiste.

Thriller Live is a pure celebration of some of the greatest hits in music history.

So, why deny yourself that experience?

The show is presented by Milestone Production, supported by Malaysia Major Events, a division of the Malaysia Convention & Exhibition Bureau, an agency under the Tourism and Culture Ministry, with RHB as the official bank, Munchy’s as Gold Sponsor and Star Publications (M) Bhd as media partner.

^^I read nothing but great things about this show. I wish they would tour in the US!!

I have seen this show about 8 times already and it is amazing. I like that they tour with it and also introduce new singers each time. Also as we know Michael knew about this show before he passed which is also a blessing.

THRILLER LIVE Becomes 18th Longest-Running West End Musical

http://www.broadwayworld.com/westen...th-Longest-Running-West-End-Musical-20150413#

200573017-BA03-33C7-8DA28A1A6B26ACF9.jpg.pagespeed.ce.n9vkY-6-pFMBcm6C9RG_.jpg

Last night, Sunday 12 April, Thriller Live played its 2,619th performance at the Lyric Theatre and passed the original 1960 version of Lionel Bart's Oliver! to become the 18th Longest Running West End Musical Of All Time.

And the show has yet another long-running Wet End record in its sight later this year... On Sunday December 13, at its 2,901st show,Thriller Live will pass Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber's 1978 hit Evita to become the 17th Longest Running West End Musical Of All Time.

Thriller Live is currently booking to 17th April 2016, which will see the production comfortably pass 3,000 West End performances.

The celebrations were led by Former 5 Star lead vocalist and Brit Award-winner Denise Pearson, who made her West End debut in the show in the original cast. She was back in the show yesterday as lead female vocalist - for 1 day only!

Producers Paul Walden & Derek Nicol said in a statement today: "This is yet another amazing milestone in the history of our show. It is only truly exceptional shows that run this long in the West End and we are grateful to the fans of Michael Jackson, his music and phenomenal dance moves, who have taken the show to their hearts.It is an honour for us to keep the music of Michael Jackson alive and to bring it fresh and new to the next generation of theatregoers."

Thriller Live continues to set and break records and new territories around the globe. To date it has now performed to standing ovations in 30

countries from South Korea to Norway, South America to China, Australia and New Zealand.

A new UK and European tour will launch in the autumn.

'Thriller Live brings to life on stage the music of Michael Jackson and the Jackson Five with distinctive high-energy dancing and the pulsating sound of many of pop's greatest hits, the show blends eye-popping video footage and effects together with dazzling choreography by the show's award-winning director Gary Lloyd.

Thriller Live was originally conceived and created by Adrian Grant, a long time associate of Michael Jackson, and author of Michael Jackson - The Visual Documentary. It is produced by Paul Walden and Derek Nicol for Flying Music in association with Adrian Grant for Key Concerts.

Five Very Important Things We Learned Whilst Being Michael Jackson!
http://www.mtv.co.uk/music-0/news/five-very-important-lessons-we-learnt-about-being-michael-jackson?

amazon_local_200515_40.jpg

In a career spanning five decades, Michael Jackson scored countless chart-topping singles, won numerous Grammys and sold over 750 million albums globally. The King of Pop also taught the world how to Moonwalk.

Paying tribute to the legend and to celebrate Amazon Local’s new venture into offering West End tickets, MTV UK were invited to London’s Lyric Theatre, the set of Thriller Live!, to nail the Moonwalk and learn some of MJ’s best moves.

Here are a few things we picked up whilst being Michael Jackson and Moonwalking in general:
1. Stand on your toes, push back with your heel

After a lot of hopeless shuffling and deliberating we finally got the hang of things by thinking twice and taking Michael’s strong advice – stand on your toes, push back with your heel.
2. ‘Billie Jean’ could well be the greatest floorfiller of all time

‘Billie Jean’ is more than just the second single from Michael’s 1982 album Thriller, it’s a universal language capable of transforming dull wedding receptions and birthday parties into the most rocking disco in town.
3. ‘Thriller’ could well be the greatest dance routine of all time

You know the score, the hand clapping, sidestepping, shoulder shimmying and head shaking…

Get it right and you’ll win the crowd over, get it wrong and you’ll most likely be asked to leave the premises!

screen_shot_2015-05-21_at_16-44-19_0.png

4. One glove beats two, always

Whether you’re shooting at gangsters in ‘Smooth Criminal’ or trying to charm an Egyptian queen in ‘Remember The Time’, one sequin covered glove trumps two.
5. We really miss him

Michael Jackson sadly passed away on June 25, 2009, the eve of his 51st birthday, leaving the world in mourning.

The show is a moving homage to the superstar’s legacy and The Lyric’s longest running production ever – currently in it’s seventh year.

Tickets for Thriller Live! and other West End shows are available from the Amazon Local website and app.

Congratulations to Thriller Live!

I had TII tickets for July 22 - my friends and I only booked 3 days in London (because we didn't want to be there on a day Michael was performing a show we couldn't see! :) ) After he died we still went to London anyway, and we came across the theatre but didn't have time in our schedule to catch a show. At that point though I don't know if I could have handled seeing it, but I hope someday if I get the chance to return to London that I can catch it!

1937369_112540474028_7092598_n.jpg

Thriller Live takes more than $150 million at global box office

Thriller_Square-with-text-700x455.jpg

Thriller Live has now taken more than $150 million (£99 million) at the global box office in its history, the show's producers have claimed.

The production, based on the music of Michael Jackson, has earned the figure through its shows across the globe and in the West End, where the production has ran for the last seven years.

Producer Paul Walden said: "This is proof positive that the music of Michael Jackson is still one of the hottest tickets on the planet. $150 million is a landmark financial milestone that few modern stage shows attain."

"We are extremely proud of the hard work and dedication of all of the creative team, dancers, singers, musicians and crew who have entertained the world as part of the Thriller Live family," he added.

The show's producers have also announced that a new production will open in Egypt, which becomes the 32nd country to stage Thriller Live.

Earlier this year, the production running at London's Lyric Theatre became the West End's 18th longest running show.

Thriller Live is produced by Walden and Derek Nicol for Flying Music in association with Adrian Grant for Key Concerts.

https://www.thestage.co.uk/news/2015/thriller-live-takes-more-than-150-million-at-global-box-office/

When is it going to go to Broadway and/or tour the US??

Thriller Live has entered the record books as the 20th longest running musical ever in West End theatre history.

How long do they have to run to be No. 1?

Augustino;4112100 said:
How long do they have to run to be No. 1?

Many more years .....
history
1.Les Misérables – still running, over 12,355 performances
2.The Phantom of the Opera – still running, over 12,024 performances
3.Blood Brothers (closed, 10,013 performances)
4.Cats (closed, 8,949 performances)
5.Starlight Express (closed, 7,406 performances)
6.Mamma Mia! – still running, over 6,876 performances
7.Disney’s The Lion King – still running, over 6,644 performances
8.Chicago (closed, 6,187 performances)
9.Buddy – The Buddy Holly Story (closed, 5,140 performances)
10.We Will Rock You – (closed, 4,659 performances)
11.Billy Elliot The Musical – still running, over 4,344 performances
12.Miss Saigon (original 1989 production / closed - 4,264 performances)
13.Wicked – still running, over 3,756 performances
14.Jesus Christ Superstar (original 1972 production / closed - 3,357 performances)
15.Me and My Girl (1985 revival / closed – 3,303 performances)
16.Jersey Boys – still running, over 3,134 performances
17.Evita (original 1978 production / closed – 2,900 performances)
18.Thriller Live – still running, over 2,780 performances
19.Oliver! (original 1960 production / closed – 2,618 performances)
20.Grease! (1993 revival / closed - 2529 performances)

Information supplied & verified by the Society of London Theatre - correct as of 1 September

http://solt.co.uk/top-20-longest-running-musicals

^^wow-a LOT of Anthony Lloyd Webber shows in this list.

I watched this show during my honeymoon in London +_+
It was amazing to see people from different countries sing a long Michael's songs.
And the dancers were quite good, especially, their dances to 'Shake your body' were perfect!

No offense, but, the part I didn't enjoy the most was 'Dirty Diana.' I didn't like the way the singer sings.
His voice was too unique which was distractive, and accents were quite different from that of Michael.

Back