Utimate Fighting Championship (UFC)

Word Smith Sr

Proud Member
The future UFC event i'm interested in is UFC 157: Ronda Rousey vs Liz Carmouche. It will take place on February 23, 2013 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California. This fight will be the first-ever women's fight in UFC history. The two will be fighting in the newly created 135-pound bantamweight division. Here is the first episode (there will be two more) of UFC 157 Primetime: Ronda Rousey vs Liz Carmouche.

Liz Carmouche pre-fight interview:

The other fight that interests me on this card is Lyoto Machida vs Dan Henderson.

Here's Dan talking about the fight. Video info: MMA H.E.A.T.'s Karyn Bryant sits down with UFC 157's Dan Henderson and hears what he has to say about his upcoming fight with Lyoto Machida. A former title holder in several organizations, Hendo also talks about the knee injury that made him pull out of a title fight with Jon Jones (which ultimately lead to the cancelation of UFC 151), his incredible five-round battle with Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, his plans to continue fighting and much, much more:

Last edited:
girl-fight-girls-fighting-demotivational-poster-1265304979_zps85182075.jpg

smiley-laugh-point-up-yellow_zps9135c1de.gif
arco_zps7b9aea29.gif

^^^ Well yes, most of the few females fighters i've seen are sexy but they can fight too lol. I've not seen that many fights because i do not like seeing women with black eyes and all. Thx for the pic Agent M, is it yours ? Google Gina Carano, you'll like her lol. :)

Last edited:
^^^ Well yes, most of the few females fighters i've seen are sexy but they can fight too lol. I've not seen that many fights because i do not like seeing women with black eyes and all. Thx for the pic Agent M, is it yours ? Google Gina Corano, you'll like her lol. :)

You're right, I do!

Gina-Carano_004_zpscacf3638.jpg

How could anyone not like her?!

arco_zps7b9aea29.gif

^^^ Hey ! Stop posting kfc pics please, i'm trying to lose weight ! This woman's not Gina Carano my friend. :)
---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Last edited:
Wow, seven professional mma fights, seven first-round armbar submissions ! What a champion ! Liz Carmouche was good too, at one point i thought she was going to win. Great first women's UFC fight. The man who says "great, great fight" at the beginning is Gene Lebell.

Post-fight press conference:

Last edited:
First Transgender MMA Fighter Goes Public

130307131516-fallon-fox-weigh-in-2-single-image-cut_zps68ba286b.jpg

(CNN) -- Born a man, Fallon Fox became a woman through surgery and then trained to fight in mixed martial arts.

Now that she has won her first two MMA bouts -- both in the first round -- she has gone public as a transgender fighter, the first on record in a popular sport that some consider as the successor to boxing.

"The reaction has been positive," said Fox, 37, who revealed her story recently to Sports Illustrated after a journalist with another publication began to investigate her private surgery. "It's just some people, some of society doesn't get it yet. And this is what we're trying to do now is to inform people and let them know about transgender athletes."

When asked if it's fair for a man-turned-woman fighter to face another woman in the ring, Fox said there was "no unfair competitive advantages."

What was unfair, her last opponent and her manager say, is how Fox didn't disclose until after the fight that Fox had a sex change operation.

That opponent, Ericka Newsome, was knocked out this month with "a tie clinch," or a knee to the chin, 39 seconds into the fight without anyone knowing of Fox's background.

It was "unfair I didn't know it, but it didn't matter that she fought me," Newsome told CNN. "I feel that it should have been disclosed to me ahead of time...so we are aware and able to be better prepared for the situation."

She and her manager are going to appeal the loss in Florida on the grounds of how Fox failed to disclose being a transgender person and how the referee stopped the fight too early.

"They should have let the fight go," manager Matt Hamilton said. "She should have thrown at least one to two more shots to confirm it. On that particular basis, that's one of the things we'll appeal with, as well as not having it disclosed."

Meanwhile, the California State Athletic Commission is reviewing a claim by Fox that the state gave her a fighting license in 2013 when in fact the commission says her license application is still being reviewed, Sports Illustrated reported.

Transgender fighter looking to get licensed

Fox subsequently told Florida authorities that she had a California license, and now the Florida boxing commission is also reviewing Fox's license application, the magazine reported. Also, Fox admitted she didn't disclose to boxing authorities she is a transgender person but added she wasn't asked to either, the magazine said.

Sports Illustrated writer Loretta Hunt wrote of Fox's 2006 gender reassignment surgery and winning her pro debut in May 2012. Hunt told CNN that guidelines for the Association of Boxing Commissions are similar to the International Olympic Committee's policy that allows transsexuals to compete in Olympic games. The IOC requires transgender athletes to undergo hormone therapy long enough to remove gender-related advantages.

In fact, Hunt said, mixed martial arts guidelines don't require a sex-change surgery, but they do require two years of hormone therapy for transgender fighters.

"Whether it comes after the surgery or it's just on its own, that must be done and you must be tested throughout the two years," Hunt said. "Those papers must be submitted to the athletic commission for review."

Newsome wants to fight Fox again, Hamilton said.

"We would love a rematch," Hamilton said.

First transgender MMA fighter goes public

crazy_zps380c0ea6.gif

^^^ I heard about this story a few days ago thanks to a podcast. Like the host said, i think that despite the fact that she's now a woman, she still have a man's build, bone structure you know ? As a result, i think it would be unfair for her opponents. I would not let her fight women. What do you guys think ?

^^^ I heard about this story a few days ago thanks to a podcast. Like the host said, i think that despite the fact that she's now a woman, she still have a man's build, bone structure you know ? As a result, i think it would be unfair for her opponents. I would not let her fight women. What do you guys think ?
this freak shouldnt be fighting chicks:mat:

I'm not sure if you guys have heard this in less than a couple of months ago. But I heard that CM Punk signed with UFC and I've heard that a speculated rumour that Jason David Frank (well known Power Ranger) wants to fight with CM Punk. I believe that would be an awesome match, but I guess it's just a rumour, but I'm believing the match will happen soon enough.

CM Punk- a former WWE superstar (ECW World Champion, 3x World Heavyweight Champion and 2x WWE Champion)

Jason David Frank- a martial artist and Power Ranger (1-0 Professional MMA record and 4-0 Amateur MMA record)

Won't that be awesome if that match will happen someday? I believe so.

Back