Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Michael Bush talks about dressing the King of Pop Michael Jackson

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Default Re: Michael Bush talks about dressing the King of Pop Michael Jackson

Q: I guess it's safe to say his glove or several of them also were guarded?

A: That, too. I was the guy with the clothes. Michael would say, If I go onstage and do 'Billie Jean' and I don't have the glove, it's really no longer 'Billie Jean.' I remember asking once what would happen if he didn't have his glove? Well, Bush, you don't tell me. You go tell 80,000 people I don't have the glove.

The last part, is just genius <3

It's really wow to read this, I mean, he dressed the guy, he designed his clothes. It does me good that there are still people out there who just tells about Michael as a person and not as a Pop icon or the King of pop. It warms my heart

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 985
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,247 Times in 4,025 Posts

I really enjoyed that interview ^^. I am so glad that book is doing well.

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 232
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,908 Times in 789 Posts

"I asked La Toya what shoes should he wear because when he wasn't performing, he wore Beatle boots, Bush said. La Toya told me: 'Bush, he has to go out of this world dancing. Definitely the Florsheims.'"

http://www.mysanantonio.com/lifestyl...-s-4662197.php

http://www.sixtiesbeatwear.co.uk/
    Michael is really great! He has no snobbery to him, he's just a good kid. Michael is a gentle spirit and he takes over our kids. He loves kid's, we watch a lot of cartoons together. - Linda McCartney being interviewed by Oprah Winfrey https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhZPy0ZeuvI

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

cool interview, I'm tempted to buy the book:-)
    Moonwalker Romania

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First ClassOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,056 Times in 4,285 Posts

Michael Bush's special 3-day tour appearances in Newport, Rhode Island from July 29th-July 31st.
    This is your chance to meet Mr. Bush himself, and have him personally sign your copy of King of Style: Dressing Michael Jackson!

Here are the details:

MONDAY, JULY 29th, 2013 Off the Curb
    Jane Pickens Theatre
    7-9pm
    Special “Billie Jean” performance

TUESDAY, JULY 30th, 2013 Sponsor Capitol Realty VIP Party
    123 Bellevue Avenue
    5:30-7:30pm
    Phone for Details is 401-849-4221

WEDNESDAY, JULY 31st, 2013 King of Style: Dressing Michael Jackson
    Special Event and Exhibit
    St. Michael’s Country Day School
    180 Rhode Island Avenue
    6pm

Phone for Details is 401-849-4221
    L.O.V.E. survives
    so we can Rock forever *

Blog Facebook Twitter Youtube Tumbler

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

He is really traveling around.^^ I wonder if he plans to be back in New York?

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

This book is brilliant. Thank you Mr Bush.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Beshlie For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Any news about him returning to New York?

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Michael Jackson's designer signing books in Tri-State this weekend

September 10, 2013

The Herald-Dispatch / 2013
    Herald-Dispatch.com

When it came to giving Michael Jackson that perfect shimmer and shine, Michael Bush was the man.

Starting Thursday, Sept. 12 through Sept. 19, Bush, the long-time costume designer and personal friend of the King of Pop, Michael Jackson, will be making a book tour through the region.

And will be getting some big-time hometown love, as Bush, a Portsmouth, Ohio, native will be getting a Walk of Fame Star at 10 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 14, joining celebrities like Roy Rogers, American operatic soprano Kathleen Battle, former Major League Baseballs Al Oliver and Country music singer/songwriter Earl Thomas Conley in being celebrated at the downtown Walk of Fame attraction.

Bush, the author of The King of Style: Dressing Michael Jackson, will appear at the Shawnee State University Barnes & Noble for an exclusive appearance and book signing event at 1 p.m. Saturday.

Other area appearances include a 1 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 15 appearance at Books-A-Million at the Huntington Mall.

Fans purchasing the book will have the unique opportunity to also have Bush personally autograph their book.

The King of Style: Dressing Michael Jackson, is the first art-driven book about the costumes, apparel, shoes and accessories created and worn by Michael Jackson includes hundreds of lavish photographs and a behind-the-scenes-look into the process of collaborating with the worlds most legendary and powerful entertainer of our time.

The book includes personal stories from the author, never before seen photographs and a fascinating look into the world of fashion that only Jackson could have created.

It has gone on to sell over 30,000 copies to date and has been awarded the Independent Publishers 2013 Gold Medal Award and the 2013 Gold Medal from PubWest for best Design for a Specialty/Holiday book.

For 25 years, Los Angeles-based costume designer Michael Bush, along with his partner Dennis Tompkins, created Michael Jacksons personal and concert tour wardrobes which equated to tens of thousands of original pieces.

Traveling the world with the music icon afforded Bush unprecedented opportunities into the private and professional life of Jackson. Tompkins met Jackson on the set of Captain EO and it was shortly thereafter that Bush joined the production.

After the production wrapped the pair began making costumes for Jackson to wear in his music videos. Their unconventional career provided them the unique opportunity to work creatively with one of the worlds greatest entertainers and through the medium of clothing helped him express his artistic style and music which in turn created a cultural icon loved worldwide.

The pair also worked with Britney Spears, Denzel Washington and Elizabeth Taylor but it was the decade long relationship with Michael Jackson that provided the inspiration and opportunities which influenced the fashion world forever.

Michael Jackson was the world's greatest entertainer. His fashion sense and ideas of design took me on an extraordinary journey for almost 25 years. There was nothing we couldn't do and Michael was full of surprises. We traveled the world together and created designs and fashions that have become iconic. I always say I educated Michael and he educated me through the process," said author and designer Michael Bush.

"Michael loved military style, Egyptian styles and the image of royalty as you can see in many of his most famous costumes and personal outfits. When we designed, we designed for show time, no matter what the occasion. When Michael was alive he always talked about us doing a book like this. My hope is that by producing King of Style: Dressing Michael Jackson, fans and fashion enthusiasts around the world can now share in the excitement and surprises I was able to live every day working with the King of Pop, Michael Jackson."

Celebrities and fashion luminaries provided endorsements including famous London milliner Phillip Treacy and GRAMMY award winning artist Celine Dion.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/featu...e-this-weekend

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PrɛttyღBʈʈɇrℓу For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

^^I don't understand that article. It's topic says the tri-state area, yet gives no information about the tri-state but some appearances in Ohio and West Virginia? Where is the New York information, unless tri-state also means 3 other states?

Respect is selling over 30,000 copies to date, means the book is a bestseller? Do you know how much Jermaine's, Fank's, and Sullivan's book sold?

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 3
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I wish i could afford the book cause i wanna see it soo badly

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 65.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,232 Times in 3,736 Posts

Michael Bush Returns To Speak At His Alma Mater, Turns Down Offer From Justin Bieber To Visit Hometown

Source: My Daily Tribune – By Ryan Ottney

Before signing his star on the Portsmouth Floodwall of Fame today, Portsmouth-born fashion designer and award-winning author Michael Bush made a quick stop at East High School in Sciotoville on Friday.

“There’s no question it’s exciting for our school to have Mr. Bush here,” said Sciotoville Superintendent Rick Bowman. “It’s really a great opportunity for us to show students what graduates from East High School have done and what is possible if you sort of set your goals and you work to make those dreams come true.”

Originally from Portsmouth, Bush worked at Millhuff’s in Sciotoville with his family, where he learned to sew.

“When I was eight or nine years old, my grandmother came in with a needle and thread and went, here. I thought this is the most uncoolest thing a person could do. At that age, it’s like that was the last thing I want to do. I think at that point they knew there was something inside of me, and I didn’t know it. They knew it.”

Bush graduated from East High School in 1976 and left Portsmouth, headed to Las Vegas where he began his career in entertainment and fashion with partner Dennis Tompkins. Together they became known as Tompkins & Bush who went on to influence the fashion industry in a way they couldn’t even imagine. Bush served as Michael Jackson’s longtime personal fashion designer for 25 years. Creating the fashions for the King of Pop was a collaborative effort which included great creativity, showmanship and a bit of engineering.

Bush’s book “The King of Style: Dressing Michael Jackson” is an art-driven book which not only chronicles Bush’s life with the King of Pop and his many fashions but gives an inside look into the personal anecdotes and life he led while creating some of the most innovative and famous clothing in entertainment. The book has recently won the Gold Medal at this year’s Independent Publisher Book Awards and the 2013 Gold Medal at the PubWest Design Awards for best Holiday/Specialty Book.

“I just had 3,000 people in Japan stand in line to see me, and I’m just the guy that made the clothes. But the visual is so strong,” Bush said. “You’re always asking in the back of your mind, ‘how did I get here?’ And you always have those memories of Millhuff’s and East High School, and taking a home-ec class in ‘76 with Mrs. Odle here at school.”

On Friday he paid a visit back to the K-12 student of Sciotoville schools.

“This embracement is amazing. I’ve been all over the world promoting the book and I’ve had great receptions, but nothing like this. I have had my head eight stories in the center of Times Square, on the Jumbotron, but that was a fleeting moment. My name on the wall will be forever,” he said.

The students listened with quiet interest as Bush told stories about working with Jackson, and all of the other celebrities he’s worked with during his successful career — like Elizabeth Taylor and Britney Spears. But the crowd went absolutely wild when Bush revealed he turned down an offer by Justin Bieber so he could be in Scioto County this week.

“It’s a fantastic journey, and it can happen. Just surround yourself with support teams and it can happen to you because it happened to me,” Bush said.

Today Bush will sign the Portsmouth Floodwall of Fame, joining other local celebrities such as Roy Rogers, American operatic soprano Kathleen Battle, former Major League Baseball’s Al Oliver and Country music singer/songwriter Earl Thomas Conley. The Wall of Fame Star ceremony today kicks off a week-long book signing tour which will also go to Dayton, Cincinnati, Columbus. He will be signing books Saturday on the campus of Shawnee State University.

http://www.mydailytribune.com/news/h...st-High-School

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Paris78 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,576 Times in 598 Posts

Another great interview: http://wvxu.org/post/michael-jackson...r-michael-bush

I really appreciate him doing this.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morinen For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Thank you Mr. Bush for writing this book. I like reading about the man Mike. I can see the videos of him performing (I never had the opportunity to see him on tour), as Michael Jackson the performer,but I want to know Mike behind the scene. I want that book !