Today in Michael Jackson History March 7th

qbee

Proud Member
Today in Michael Jackson History March 7th

HISTORICAL DATES

1979 - The Jackson's play the 2nd of 5 nights of their Destiny Tour in Johannesburg, South Africa

1983 - Michael Jackson becomes 1st artist to simultaneously occupy the No.1# positions on Billboard, with Thriller and Billie Jean, in Billboard US Rock Albums & Singles charts and on Billboard US R&B Albums & Singles charts

- We Are The World is released in both a 7″ & 12″ vinyl

1992 - Michael Jackson's "Remember The Time" single hits #3 in the U.S. Charts

1997 - Best R&B/Soul Video Award is renamed the Michael Jackson Video Award at 11th annual Soul Train Music Awards.

2001 - Michael Jackson attended a ceremony and acts as best man as Uri Geller renewed his wedding vows to wife Hanna in a traditional Jewish ceremony that took place at the Geller's home in the small town of Sonning, Berkshire, England. Other guests include political interviewer Sir David Frost, Rabbi Shmuley, Nigel Mansell and Michael's good friend, Barry Gibb.

2001 - Later in the evening, Michael Jackson appears on stage at the "10th Annual Michael Jackson Day", in London's Hammersmith Apollo. His appearance on stage happened at the end of the evening's entertainment program. Proceeds from the evening went to Michael Jackson's Heal The Kids Initiative, including money from an auction held at the beginning of the show where special Michael Jackson items were sold to the highest bidders, including a black hat, a birthday phone-call and Michael's jacket worn at the World Music Awards in May 2000. Michael Jackson was introduced on stage by Rabbi Shmuley, in front of 3'000 ecstatic fans, the King of Pop stated: "Thank you all for coming here. I'm overjoyed and humbled by the incredible entertainment I have seen tonight. You're beautiful and I love you. I'm still working on the new album. Two more months... But it will be incredible, I can assure you." He was then gifted on stage with a beautiful plaque and a Gold/silver with diamonds brooch, from his adoring fans

2007 - Michael Jackson takes his kids to Disneyland Tokyo (Japan).

2007 - The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and "NARM" the National Association of Recording Merchandisers name three of Michael's albums in their list of the definitive 200 albums everyone should own. 'Thriller' #3, 'Off The Wall' #80 and 'Dangerous' #115.

2009 - It is revealed that a million people have registered for tickets for Michael's comeback concerts at O2 Arena in London, enough to fill the arena fifty times over.

PICTURE OF THE DAY

oqk9ph.jpg

Michael Jackson Day -
Apollo London 2001

SONG OF THE DAY

Remember The Time - official short film

[video=youtube_share;LeiFF0gvqcc]http://youtu.be/LeiFF0gvqcc[/video]
http://youtu.be/LeiFF0gvqcc

VIDEOS OF THE DAY

Michael attends the 10th Annual Michael Jackson Day celebration 2001

[video=youtube;KXlhv7yr7EE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXlhv7yr7EE[/video]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXlhv7yr7EE

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Every day create your History,
Every path you take you're leaving your legacy
Every soldier dies in his glory
Every legend tells of conquest and liberty.”

~ Michael Jackson

* For your convenience > MJJC Index For all "Today In Michael Jackson History" Threads

* Also see > March ~ On This Day In Michael Jackson History - Monthly Calendar / Legacy Project forum

Your support and comments are greatly appreciated. Please feel free to contribute to this thread by commenting, adding pictures, videos or any other information related to this day in MJ History. Please PM Qbee if you find any misinformation or broken links to pictures, videos etc.

Elusive meets michael backstage after winning the raffel

*2001**- Later in the evening,*Michael Jackson*appears on stage the "10th Annual Michael Jackson Day", at London's Hammersmith Apollo. His appearance on stage happened at the end of the evening's entertainment program. Proceeds from the evening went to*Michael Jackson's Heal The Kids Initiative, including money from an auction held at the beginning of the show where special*Michael Jackson*items were sold to the highest bidders, including a black hat, a birthday phone-call and Michael's jacket worn at the World Music Awards in May 2000.*Michael Jackson*was introduced on stage by Rabbi Shmuley, in front of 3'000 ecstatic fans, the King of Pop stated:""Thank you all for coming here. I'm overjoyed and humbled by the incredible entertainment I have seen
tonight. You're beautiful and I love you. I'm still working on the new album. Two more months... But it will be incredible, I can assure you.""*He was then gifted on stage with a beautiful plaque and a Gold/silver with diamonds brooch, from his adoring fans

Wow You did? Tell us about your experience. What did you win at the raffle ? and what did Michael say to you ? :)

Thanks great uplifting news today, especially about the renaming of the award, and Michael being the 1st artist to simultaneously occupy the number 1 positions on Billboard. The great thing about Michael is that what makes him win or break records is always his talent, and not due to those in power or due to his ties with those who have clout.

Back