Ambulance driver trying to sell mjs medical records?

8701girl

Proud Member
Country
Australia
Guys i read on twitter that an ambulance driver is trying to sell mjs medical records...is this true?

I hope not ! Thanks for making us aware 8701 girl sis

I thought you guys wouldve known but i read it on twitter i hope the estate can put a stop to it

Oh i thought it was the ambulance driver from 2009

Here is the article about it:

L.A. Man Shops Michael Jackson Medical Records
Documents, photos detail 1984 Pepsi blaze injuries

APRIL 4--With trial looming in the wrongful death suit filed by Michael Jackson’s mother and children, a Los Angeles man is seeking to sell records documenting the singer’s medical treatment after he was severely burned during the 1984 filming of a Pepsi commercial.

The Jackson documents are being peddled by Brian McDaniel, a 51-year-old ambulance driver who claims that he found the material in a manila envelope near a dumpster in a Culver City park around 12 years ago.

In an interview, McDaniel said that at the time of the purported discovery he worked as a real estate salesman, though he also collected cans and bottles for the recycling fees. Hence his proximity to the dumpster.

The documents McDaniel is seeking to sell were generated at Brotman Medical Center, which is about a mile from the Culver City park. After the singer was burned in January 1984, he was treated at the hospital, whose chief of plastic surgery was Dr. Steven Hoefflin, Jackson’s longtime plastic surgeon.

The records in McDaniel’s possession--copies of which he provided to TSG--include a three-page discharge summary prepared by Hoefflin and hospital notes to which are attached seven Polaroids showing the injury to Jackson’s scalp. Other documents include a signed letter from Jackson to the hospital authorizing the release of his medical records to his lawyers.

McDaniel sought last year to sell the documents via an online auction house, but the firm yanked the items in the face of objections from Jackson fans and representatives of the singer’s estate. At the time, Pristine Auction generously estimated that the records could sell for between $100,000 and $500,000.

The records, McDaniel contended, have “such historical value” because they document the sedatives and painkillers given to Jackson and reflect the performer’s first step on the “trail leading to his drug addiction.” The accident, he noted, “is the incident that started the beginning of the end of the King of Pop.” In 1993, Jackson revealed that he had developed an addiction to painkillers that were prescribed to help him deal with the intense pain caused by second- and third-degree burns.

After finding the documents, McDaniel claimed, he put them in a safe, where they remained until last year. Remarkably, he never sought to sell them when Jackson was alive and embroiled in child molestation charges and assorted front page scandals. He sat on the records after Jackson died in June 2009. And he did nothing with the documents and Polaroids in July 2009, when Us Weekly published never-before-seen video of Jackson being set ablaze on the stage at L.A.’s Shrine Auditorium.

McDaniel rejected a reporter’s theory that the dumpster story was a fabrication, and that he had actually recently obtained the Jackson documents, perhaps in connection with his ambulance work.

Noting that he grew up with Jackson’s music, McDaniel said that “when he passed, I decided to let the family grieve before I surfaced and brought [the documents] up.” (2 pages)

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/michael-jackson-medical-records-481239

Note, once again the estate and fans stopped this previously, while MJ's own family did absolutely nothing.

^^^^Thanks Bubs, I was on mobile so couldn't copy article. He tried using an auction house before when the estate and fans managed to get them removed, from this article he seems to just want it out there that they are for sale (unless I missed something), perhaps hoping to find a buyer that way.

It's a shame that this article is out there. If someone can alert the estate please do so, maybe they can get it removed. I emailed MJ Online Team on Thursday, but I didn't hear back, and I don't know if the address is still functional. They've been quiet lately.

Months ago when I read about this I thought someone gave him the med docs & now since he said he found them, wouldn't they belong to Michael, the doctor, or the hospital? And how can he sell private information?

The Jackson documents are being peddled by Brian McDaniel, a 51-year-old ambulance driver who claims that he found the material in a manila envelope near a dumpster in a Culver City park around 12 years ago.

In an interview, McDaniel said that at the time of the purported discovery he worked as a real estate salesman, though he also collected cans and bottles for the recycling fees. Hence his proximity to the dumpster.

Nice tale. Too bad it's too transparent.

LOL as if he found them at the dumpster YEH RIGHT!! he had them the whole time i bet

I thought that the Estate must have negotiated ownership, or bought these notes, when the original auction was cancelled. I'm surprised they are still in his possession.

I hope they don't end up on ebay!

Who is this guy trying to fool. How does anyone's medical records end up in a dumpster like that. It seems to me that the doctor who had it used this guy to expose it & to sell it, in the same way the Jacksons used Mann to leak the e-mails. Those records were obviously held by one of Michael's doctors. Records cannot be thrown out like that, since they have personal information on them, so it seems reasonable to think that they were given to this creep to expose. How come the doctor is not saying something about this. I find this odd, and one of the reasons why I believe he has something to do with it. Imagine Patrick, Michael's Ireland dr finds that one of Michael's medical records with his signature is for sale on the internet. He would definitely respond to that.

Back