Michael's siblings- who remained trustworthy?

1moonwalker

Proud Member
I'm sort of becoming re-obsessed with Michael, and I'd like to know if some people could give me some explanations, so I don't have to sift through thousands of tabloid reports, etc. . . which of Michael's siblings were by his side until the end, and afterward? It's not always easy to know who to trust when it comes to media stories. . it's hard to know if they're true. I assume Joseph is out of the question, but of course Katherine is always to trust.
Rebbie- well of course she never did anything negative.
Jackie- I never heard anything negative about him...he always seemed kind and soft-spoken, kind of like Katherine. Did he stay this way?
Tito- I don't really hear much about him
Jermaine- I've heard a huge mix of stories about him and a few others about the will and a couple of songs he wrote lashing out a bit.. can someone clear him up for me?
La Toya- she's one who's always been a bit of a question mark to me.. as far as things she says in interviews and things
Marlon- he always seemed sweet and kind
Randy- He also confuses me...
Janet- there has been a lot of confusion surrounding her and the kids. but she's only really said good things about michael as far as i know.. right?

Sorry for all the text! :p

In my own opinion None of those people are trustable, not even Katherine.

I'd say out of the siblings perhaps Jackie and Marlon are better, maybe Tito.

The rest all betrayed Michael at one point or another. The worst offenders are LaToya, Randy and Rebbie IMO.

Rebbie- well of course she never did anything negative.

She did. She was supportive of Stacy Brown, a journalist who always trashed Michael in articles, calling him a pedo, among others. Brown is chummy with the likes of Diane Dimond and Ron Zonen (prosecutor in the 2005 case).

During the 2005 trial he boasted he was a press spokesman for the Jackson family (all the while he was trashing Michael in his articles, calling him a pedo!). Michael issued a statement that Brown was not a spokesman for the family, but Rebbie then called in to a TV program and said Brown was a spokesman for her... At one point Brown was even Rebbie's manager.

So no, Rebbie is not nice and all good. Her betrayal is not quite on the level of LaToya's in 1993, but close. She was also involved in the granny napping incident last summer.

Ugh right. I forgot about Stacy Brown. "granny napping" haha. Strange move, Jacksons.
you can understand why he distanced himself from people. He is a victim of his own goodness and talent, in my opinion. I'd like to believe that some of them just maybe got caught up with not being able to help him, and were feeling exasperated or something. I find it hard to think badly of Katherine though.

I'm going to go along with Respect77. While we can come up with things that have happened that may include Jackie, Marlon, and Tito, all in all they have come across to me as the siblings that either stay away from alot of the drama, or would at least prefer to in most cases. I still can't figure out how Marlon got roped into the "granny napping" in the first place, and of course the "belt" fiasco. The three of them also have had more of a "life" outside Michael's world with their own involvements. Jackie with his son, Marlon with his projects, and Tito with his separate musical endeavors.

jmo

I'm going to go along with Respect77. While we can come up with things that have happened that may include Jackie, Marlon, and Tito, all in all they have come across to me as the siblings that either stay away from alot of the drama, or would at least prefer to in most cases. I still can't figure out how Marlon got roped into the "granny napping" in the first place, and of course the "belt" fiasco. The three of them also have had more of a "life" outside Michael's world with their own involvements. Jackie with his son, Marlon with his projects, and Tito with his separate musical endeavors.

jmo

It was Tito, not Marlon, who sort of got roped into the granny napping incident. His signature was on the paper calling MJ's will a fraud and asking the executors of the Estate to stand down. However, I think Tito was mislead to some extent and regretted that. I think Tito is generally a good guy. Also important to remember that MJ was very close to Titos 3 kids and named them as beneficiaries in his will.

Jackie and Marlon also seem fairly trustworthy. They spoke out against Jermaine, Janet etc during the whole Katherine kidnap incident and said they didn't agree what was being said about the Estate executors. I even think Jackie is a consultant for the Estate.

Janet really surprised me with her behaviour last summer. She always seemed so close to Mike, but she's gotten roped in for the money too. Jermaine has been a back stabber for years. I think he genuinely loves Mike but he is greedy, resentful and jealous. Randy is probably the nastiest of the lot. Rebbie is also a dodgy one due to whole Stacey Brown stuff. Latoya is Latoya. Nothing more needs to be said about her.

Who knows to be honest. I never heard anything bad about Jackie and Michael was close to Tito's sons. I think they are in the will if Michael had no children to be beneficiaries. Not sure. Those two seemed heartbroken when Michael died and the way they spoke of him. I think it's hard to know.

Didn't Janet along with Jermaine, Katherine wanted to force Michael to tour with her and the brothers in 2007 and and even there was a nasty fight about it?

does anyone else have any input?

Now that you asked, here is my input, Trust no one.

All of them have involved some tacky business deals after MJ passing trying to make money of him.
Whether its belts, jackets, tribute concert, lying to the press etc.

What Michael did with his family speaks volumes. He didn't want them anywhere near him, thus the security was instructed to keep them out, and if he needed a place to stay, he would go to his friends, not family.

I was really disappointed with Janet's behavior too. She was always easy for me to like before that crap. Michael's a diamond in the rough when it comes to his family- in every way possible.

Obviously none of them. Do see anyone in this family doing right by the estate if they were in charge?

Do you see any of them fighting tooth and nail to hold on to the Beatles Catalogue?

Do you only want to know whether they ever betrayed Michael, or do you also want to know about the wife beating, child beating, the cheating husbands, the girlfriend sharing, etc?

I think the fact that Michael had to name Diana Ross as the second guardian in his will says a lot about Michael's trust in all of his siblings.

I wouldn't even trust Katherine because she and her cubs are exploiting and using Prince, Paris and Blanket for their own benefit. I bet Diana Ross wouldn't be capable of doing such nasty thing because she doesn't need Michael's money.

Is it true Marlon refused to support Michael during his 2005 trial because Michael wouldn't pay for the mortage on his house or something like that? Because if that is true Marlon is as bad as the rest imo.

it's strange that there turned out to be only one morally noble offspring. . .sigh.

Who needs enemies when you have a family like the Jacksons. Everyone had their own agenda when it came to Michael. It was almost as if everyone thought that Michael owed them something, just because he was the biggest star in the world and their brother. Back then, and even now, they have that attitude of " well if it wasn't for the jackson 5, Michael wouldn't be what he is today", I think they believe that they played a part in Michael becoming who he was and what he achieved, and they want payment. Not only did he have to shield himself from all the media abuse he had to shield away from his own family, and that is sad. I do like Janet, I like her music and I like her as a person, she was the only one who really stood by Michael no questions asked. She was truly the only one he could really call family.

This is just my opinion of course, I don't wanna sound to hateful towards the Jacksons, but there are somethings that they say or do that just cannot be ignored.

What I'm really fed up with is that the whole family still believes that they're the family that matters. They didn't realize that years have gone by and that it isn't self-evident any more that The Jacksons are the kings and queens of music business. You can see, that in many various projects Michaels siblings/Katherine/Joe etc. try to uphold this status and that they fail almost every time (e.g. the Jacksons-Shows in Las Vegas - they overestimate themselves over and over again).

Now, I wouldn't mind them trying to earn their living, trying to make (their OWN!!) music (or new interpretations of it), trying to bring people back to the good old times. That would be reasonable and totally fine with me. But they're using Michael as the driving force now that he can't intervene any more. That is what I really hate. In all those interviews they say 'Michael will be with us on stage tonight', 'we do this in memory of Michael', 'Michael would've loved this'. And we all know Michael's opinion regarding a reunion of the J5.. He always denied rumours about that.
Over the past years.. did we hear anything of the 'Jackson 4' about new music, new projects etc. that are only loosely tied to Michael (and his past with the J5/his legacy/his passing)?

If all the Jacksons minded their own business, if they did what they're interested in and capable of regardless of their famous brother, and if they realized that nowadays they need to really work hard to regain influence and respect, I'd be happy for them if they succeeded. But it seems they're still living on the we-are-the-greatest-musical-family-in-the-world-cloud and no matter how many projects fail they still won't get it. They take everything for granted.

As for Michael's siblings in particular.. I always thought quite highly of Janet but since the incident with Katherine and her 'disappearance' I'm not so sure any more (although I must say I really liked her Number Ones Tour and her small and fitting tribute to Michael).

Since Jermaine described himself as 'Michael's backbone' during the memorial (Staples), I'm totally through with him. That comment was so untrue and so out of line!

As for the others.. I can't really pass judgement on them b/c I'm also not that much interested. I think LaToya always couldn't cope with the fact that she isn't the famous one. I mean, I don't hate her but I guess she hasn't got a real talent for music and would've been better off doing something she really likes (fashion or something). But I guess growing up in such a famous family doesn't make it easier to fulfill your own dreams.

Regarding Joe I just think he's old and stubborn. He lives in his own world and he won't change any more. I don't even dislike him, I just think he's stuck in the 'good old times' and won't change any more.

I guess one could also be disappointed by Katherine. There're many projects she supported where I thought 'Wtf?!?' but she was never a business woman. She was a caring and loving mother, all of her life.
Now, after Michael's passing she was faced with so many new obligations, legal problems etc. I think she's just too old and too little a business woman to be able to get an overview over the whole situation. I think she can easily be manipulated to do something and lots of people take advantage of that situation.

Phew, long post, sorry..:bugeyed:D all things considered I'd say the Jacksons would be better off minding their own business, sticking together as a 'normal' family, being there for Michaels children and not trying to conquer the musical world again. They should all be able to do what they like and work for it along the lines of their own abilities. Not taking anything for granted, not portraying themselves as influential when they're not. I guess if they behaved like this they would regain lots of the respect they've lost over the past years.

And for Michael I think it was just sad that he knew that he couldn't even rely on his own family. Imagine how lonely he must've felt at times. That is something that really bothers me. :(

I see no reason to distrust Jackie, Marlon or Tito when it comes to Michael. They have made their mistakes in the past but I don't think they would ever intentionally hurt Michael for their own benefit.

Rebbie, Jermaine and Randy are definitely the worst. Rebbie because she associates with scum and pretends that she's the "normal" one (as opposed to Michael). Jermaine because he is so envious of his brother. Randy because he's done so many things to hurt and betray Michael in the past, the list is endless. There is something mentally wrong with him.

I'm not sure how I feel about Janet and Latoya. They have both done things to hurt Michael or his legacy at some point but I don't think they're in the same league as Rebbie, Jermaine and Randy.

I guess I would say Jackie is the most trustworthy sibling while Randy is the least trustworthy.

To me Latoya is a little worse than Rebbie. What she did in 1993 was despicable, uncalled for and makes it more low she never took responsibility of her actions and never apologized to Michael. Also she was one of the firsts to be in line to use and exploit PPB.

The fact all the siblings and Joe had to make appointments to see Michael or instructed his bodyguards not wanting to see some of them, except Katherine, speaks volumes who remained trustworthy in his eyes.

Last edited:
What I'm really fed up with is that the whole family still believes that they're the family that matters. They didn't realize that years have gone by and that it isn't self-evident any more that The Jacksons are the kings and queens of music business. You can see, that in many various projects Michaels siblings/Katherine/Joe etc. try to uphold this status and that they fail almost every time (e.g. the Jacksons-Shows in Las Vegas - they overestimate themselves over and over again).

Now, I wouldn't mind them trying to earn their living, trying to make (their OWN!!) music (or new interpretations of it), trying to bring people back to the good old times. That would be reasonable and totally fine with me. But they're using Michael as the driving force now that he can't intervene any more. That is what I really hate. In all those interviews they say 'Michael will be with us on stage tonight', 'we do this in memory of Michael', 'Michael would've loved this'. And we all know Michael's opinion regarding a reunion of the J5.. He always denied rumours about that.
Over the past years.. did we hear anything of the 'Jackson 4' about new music, new projects etc. that are only loosely tied to Michael (and his past with the J5/his legacy/his passing)?

If all the Jacksons minded their own business, if they did what they're interested in and capable of regardless of their famous brother, and if they realized that nowadays they need to really work hard to regain influence and respect, I'd be happy for them if they succeeded. But it seems they're still living on the we-are-the-greatest-musical-family-in-the-world-cloud and no matter how many projects fail they still won't get it. They take everything for granted.

As for Michael's siblings in particular.. I always thought quite highly of Janet but since the incident with Katherine and her 'disappearance' I'm not so sure any more (although I must say I really liked her Number Ones Tour and her small and fitting tribute to Michael).

Since Jermaine described himself as 'Michael's backbone' during the memorial (Staples), I'm totally through with him. That comment was so untrue and so out of line!

As for the others.. I can't really pass judgement on them b/c I'm also not that much interested. I think LaToya always couldn't cope with the fact that she isn't the famous one. I mean, I don't hate her but I guess she hasn't got a real talent for music and would've been better off doing something she really likes (fashion or something). But I guess growing up in such a famous family doesn't make it easier to fulfill your own dreams.

Regarding Joe I just think he's old and stubborn. He lives in his own world and he won't change any more. I don't even dislike him, I just think he's stuck in the 'good old times' and won't change any more.

I guess one could also be disappointed by Katherine. There're many projects she supported where I thought 'Wtf?!?' but she was never a business woman. She was a caring and loving mother, all of her life.
Now, after Michael's passing she was faced with so many new obligations, legal problems etc. I think she's just too old and too little a business woman to be able to get an overview over the whole situation. I think she can easily be manipulated to do something and lots of people take advantage of that situation.

Phew, long post, sorry..:bugeyed:D all things considered I'd say the Jacksons would be better off minding their own business, sticking together as a 'normal' family, being there for Michaels children and not trying to conquer the musical world again. They should all be able to do what they like and work for it along the lines of their own abilities. Not taking anything for granted, not portraying themselves as influential when they're not. I guess if they behaved like this they would regain lots of the respect they've lost over the past years.

And for Michael I think it was just sad that he knew that he couldn't even rely on his own family. Imagine how lonely he must've felt at times. That is something that really bothers me. :(

^^^^^^^^^^ This post is EVERYTHING lol. Exactly, exactly, exactly.:yes:

I have to say though, I think Katherine knows a bit more about the business end of things than she lets on. I don't think she's some corporate shark behind the scenes or anything lol, but she was at the helm of one of the biggest show business families in the history of the entertainment business for about 60 years; there's no way that some business know-how didn't rub off on her.

Who needs enemies when you have a family like the Jacksons. Everyone had their own agenda when it came to Michael. It was almost as if everyone thought that Michael owed them something, just because he was the biggest star in the world and their brother. Back then, and even now, they have that attitude of " well if it wasn't for the jackson 5, Michael wouldn't be what he is today", I think they believe that they played a part in Michael becoming who he was and what he achieved, and they want payment. Not only did he have to shield himself from all the media abuse he had to shield away from his own family, and that is sad. I do like Janet, I like her music and I like her as a person, she was the only one who really stood by Michael no questions asked. She was truly the only one he could really call family.

This is just my opinion of course, I don't wanna sound to hateful towards the Jacksons, but there are somethings that they say or do that just cannot be ignored.

I love it when cubs says that:
"if it wasn't for the jackson 5, Michael wouldn't be what he is today"

What was J5 and what made J5? Michael made it. If there wasn't for Michael, they would be J4 and they would still be trying to get out from Gary Indiana. Look at them now. Without MJ they are just an average in so many ways. They forget that they were gigging before Michael joined in, but got nowhere, but once MJ was old enough to go with them, good things started happen.

I have to say though, I think Katherine knows a bit more about the business end of things than she lets on. I don't think she's some corporate shark behind the scenes or anything lol, but she was at the helm of one of the biggest show business families in the history of the entertainment business for about 60 years; there's no way that some business know-how didn't rub off on her.
Yeah you could be right. I mean, I really think that she can be manipulated soooooo easily. Of course, she must've picked up some knowledge about the music business. As you said, she practically grew up and got older with it so she naturally had a lot of time to get used to it. But it think in the past it was also normal for the husband to care about the family business and the family income. Women's duties were to take care of the family in a different way (cooking, cleaning, taking care of the children, being a loving mother basically) and I think Katherine liked that part (and I don't mean this disrespectful in any way). So she may have picked up some information about music business, but she never actually had to make decisions. That was Joe's part. She could rely on him (and later her sons and daughters) to make the decisions.

Now, after Michael's passing, she has custody over his children and is in a completely new position. She must be the active one now. I can imagine that this is very hard, also b/c she's not young any more.

But of course that doesn't mean that she's totally incapacitated. She has a lifetime of experience. She must know that there're many leeches out there, trying to get to their family, expecially PPB. So I really don't get it why she obviously isn't able to or doesn't want to stand her point and just say 'no' from time to time.

And this is where her sons and daughters come in. In my opinion, they're just so frustrated or pissed that they aren't the famous ones that they -intentionally or unintentionally- try to extort as much money out of the Michael Jackson business as possible. And somehow Katherine doesn't realize this or she's just too naive. And this is what makes me angry. Not that she doesn't know some things or that she could make mistakes. But that she agrees to things that obviously aren't good for PPB just because her children tell her to do so. Why doesn't she trust her guts? I'm sure that she'd decide differently if she wasn't pushed around by her children, trying to make everyone happy at the same time.
But, nevertheless I think Katherine still was the best choice for custodian.

The whole Jackson Family business is weird and of course all we'll ever be able to is scratch the surface. There are many 'truths' out there but all in all I think that the family is rather dominated by egomaniacs than by family spirit.

@Bubs:
I think the J5 were the platform for Michael to cultivate his talent and to introduce it to a wider audience (so, in some ways, Michael really wouldn't be what he is today). But the 'Jackson 4' never accepted that it was he who kept it all going. Michael was the front man. I can understand that this is a fact that might not be easy to accept. But now, after so many years, they really should get over it and mind their own business. I mean, what kind of life is it, dwelling in the past and the 'good old times'? They'll never come back the way they used to be. It's about time they accepted this.

Last edited:
Now it turns out the only guilty one for what Latoya did to Michael in 1993 was Jack Gordon because he threatened her to to kill her family if she didn't say all those horrendous things. Seriously, the lengths some people take to defend the Jackson's are so nonsensical and ridiculous. :doh: Michael not talking to her for years (prior to the trial) spoke volumes.

Jackie, Tito, and Marlon are cool and have always been trustworthy

I don't doubt any of them loved Michael and vice versa but after going through so much, he kept his distance from everyone which is understandable imo

the whole family, many times over the years, let the industry come between them, which is sad

Rebbie- I don't know too much about her.I think she strikes me as a good person
rebbie-jackson-michael-jackson-the-life-of_3593195.jpg

Jackie- I like him.I think he is generally a good person.I would like to believe I could trust Jackie .

michael_jackson_and_jackie_jackson_290267_52106.jpg

Tito-Im not too sure of him now :thinking: but I believe Tito is generally a good person. I think so?
Tito%20Jackson-SPX-049370.jpg

Jermaine- I don't like him. Point blank.:busted:
Edit~I don't know him

La Toya-I have always warmed to her.I think she is generally a good person I felt sorry for her when she had problems with that nutty ex husband ,
latoya-michael-jackson1.jpg

Marlon-I liked him.I think he is generally a good person.
marlon-jackson-2009-12-10-15-13-13.jpg

Randy- I don't know him.
Randy-Jackson-Furious-over-MJ-Funeral-Footage-h2.jpg

Janet- I admired her in the 90s. yet couldn't feel her. I did try though.

Janet_Jackson_.jpg

Katherine -I always have liked his mum.
katherine-jackson-001.jpg

Joseph- I never understood his dad.
I mean he seems ok I guess and I respect him enough for making Michael so...

Last edited:
Back