Page 1203 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 2037031103115311931201120212031204 LastLast
Results 18,031 to 18,045 of 18047

Thread: [Discussion] Sexual Abuse Claims Against MJ Estate - Robson/ Safechuck/ Doe

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 341
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger First ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,345 Times in 1,587 Posts

Default Re: [Discussion] Sexual Abuse Claims Against MJ Estate - Robson/ Safechuck/ Doe

Interesting report from the Weinstein jury selection.

I wonder - if Robson goes to trial - whether potential jurors might be asked if they have seen 'LN', and then be de-selected for the jury? (I'm hoping so!!)

Harvey Weinstein’s Lawyer Asks Potential Jurors If They Watch ‘Law & Order’

Fictional court made its way into real court when one of Harvey Weinstein’s attorneys brought up “Law & Order” in his line of questioning during jury selection on Thursday.

“I have a great question. I wrote it myself,” Weinstein’s lawyer Damon Cheronis said, approaching prospective jurors with a smirk on his face and a charming laugh. “Does anybody watch ‘Law & Order?'”

When a prospective female juror said she did watch the television series, the lawyer mentioned that he’s never seen the show, quipping, “I think there’s like 20 of them.” Then he asked the woman, “But do you watch them regularly?” She said she typically watches “Law & Order: SVU,” but then she admitted her favorite procedural is actually CBS’ “Criminal Minds.”

Cheronis asked, “Do you root for the prosecution or the defense when you watch ‘Law & Order?'” to which the potential juror skillfully replied, “I root for the jury.”

“Is it a good show?” Cheronis asked the panel of 20 prospective jurors, open-ended for anyone to answer. A different person replied, “It’s mindless,” while another juror said, “It’s background noise.”

Perhaps Weinstein is not a fan of “Law & Order” — while Cheronis was asking prospective jurors about their “Law & Order” consumption habits, Weinstein appeared to be nodding off with his head falling forward, but he then jerked his head up and opened his eyes some more.

Cheronis also asked the panel about the two books authored by the trio of Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists who broke the original Weinstein sexual harassment stories, Ronan Farrow, Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey.

“Has anybody read Ronan Farrow’s book that came out? Has anybody read the NY Times book that came out?” Cheronis asked. “Has anyone seen any documentaries [about Weinstein]?”

No one on the panel suggested that they had read any of the books or seen any Weinstein-centric documentaries.

After two panels of prospective jurors were questioned by Weinstein’s defense and the D.A.’s office, seven jurors were chosen to serve on the two-month rape trial. None of the “Law & Order” fans were ultimately selected for the jury.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/har...on-1203469730/
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,196 Times in 618 Posts

Default Re: [Discussion] Sexual Abuse Claims Against MJ Estate - Robson/ Safechuck/ Doe

Quote Originally Posted by myosotis View Post
    I wonder - if Robson goes to trial - whether potential jurors might be asked if they have seen 'LN', and then be de-selected for the jury?
    I would think so. My understanding is that the whole point of the jury selection process is to find an unbiased jury.
    Twitter: @ScreenOrigami
    Pokémon Go: 5702 7276 8494

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScreenOrigami View Post
    I would think so. My understanding is that the whole point of the jury selection process is to find an unbiased jury.
    Asking about documentary and book sources wouldn't go far enough though. It's possible to have missed both (eg busy working people), but have read the unfolding story every day in the newspapers and taken in all the lies that way. I hope the MJ Estate legal team will be more thorough...
    'We may not change the world in one day but we still can change some things today, in our small way.'[/SIZE][/SIZE]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to myosotis For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 397
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryTagger First Class3 months registeredOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Level
    Thanks

a female with major depression,generalized anxiety,behavioral and emotional disorder,ocd mild retardation, and learning disability. i'm not contagious but my smile is.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NatureCriminal7896 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Can Gavin Arvizo by the way sue Wade for testifying against him, if Wade even can win the lawsuit against MJ's companies even though the chances are zero? I am thinking that maybe Gavin also has financial motives too from this...

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,337 Times in 568 Posts

Anyone can file a lawsuit. He could sue him for lieing under oath that helped him lose. But i hardly think such a case would stand up in court

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,387 Times in 1,425 Posts

I dont think gavin would

Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 961 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by john13th View Post
    Can Gavin Arvizo by the way sue Wade for testifying against him, if Wade even can win the lawsuit against MJ's companies even though the chances are zero? I am thinking that maybe Gavin also has financial motives too from this...
    I'd rather he'd not get involved in this. I rather not want him involved, because I hate him, he lied and if I ever see his face I just wanna punch it good. Literally!
    SUPPORTER/FAN of MICHAEL JACKSON & NARUHINA

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,173 Times in 895 Posts

The only way I want him involved is if he comes clean.

Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,387 Times in 1,425 Posts

I ditto that!

Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,919 Times in 933 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elusive moonwalker View Post
    Anyone can file a lawsuit. He could sue him for lieing under oath that helped him lose. But i hardly think such a case would stand up in court
    The thing is, Wade Robson didn't lie under oath. He's lying now. Gavin Arvizo's case was lost fourteen and a half years ago.
    It's over, legally. Done and dusted. There is no avenue to resurrect that and start suing people for (allegedly) lying. It just doesn't work that way.

Wade Robson's weak-arsed case now isn't even against MJ or the MJ Estate. It's against the companies and the company executives....and it is doomed to fail. All that's happening is that every single legal avenue is being tried, one by one, until there are absolutely none left to try. It's like clutching at straws as they fly past, in the wind, hoping to grab just one. He is a desperate and shameful human being.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Created Blog entryVeteranThree FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,851 Times in 1,598 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    The thing is, Wade Robson didn't lie under oath. He's lying now. Gavin Arvizo's case was lost fourteen and a half years ago.
    It's over, legally. Done and dusted. There is no avenue to resurrect that and start suing people for (allegedly) lying. It just doesn't work that way.

Wade Robson's weak-arsed case now isn't even against MJ or the MJ Estate. It's against the companies and the company executives....and it is doomed to fail. All that's happening is that every single legal avenue is being tried, one by one, until there are absolutely none left to try. It's like clutching at straws as they fly past, in the wind, hoping to grab just one. He is a desperate and shameful human being.
    I'd add severe narcissist to that list too, among other things.

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,337 Times in 568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post

Of course robson is lieing now but the poster asked about arvizo sueing robson for "lieing" in the 2005 trial a lie he would claim helped to aquit mj and caused him (arvizo)trauma etc etc. Of course it wouldnt stand up for all sorts of reasons but the op was asking interms of him filing a suit

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

What is interesting to note (as MJ's estates did throughout the deposition) is that almost no questions related to Wade or James specifically.

Virtually all of Finaldi's questions were about the Chandler allegations and old tabloid rumors. This is Finaldi clutching at straws.
    Thread reader version: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...283773953.html
    I look to greet the stars
    But there's no stars to see

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ozemouze For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Coronavirus: All California trials delayed; L.A. County courts close to the public

Criminal and civil trials were discontinued in California for at least two months after a sweeping order was issued late Monday by the state’s chief justice that aims to sharply cut down public traffic in state courthouses during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

Chief Justice Tani G. Cantil-Sakauye said in her order that court facilities were “ill-equipped to effectively allow the social distancing and other public health requirements” that have been imposed across California to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus.

“Even if court facilities could allow for sufficient social distancing, the closure of schools means that many court employees, litigants, witnesses, and potential jurors cannot leave their homes to attend court proceedings because they must stay home to supervise their children,” Cantil-Sakauye said in the order.

The 60-day delay — which puts the courts in California’s 58 counties on a uniform trial delay schedule — came the same day that the presiding judge of Los Angeles Superior Court, Kevin C. Brazile, blocked public access to county courthouses except for attorneys, staff, defendants and “authorized persons,” a vague category that includes news reporters. The clerk’s office will still be available to accept filings and assist people by phone or electronically.

Brazile also indefinitely closed courthouses in Beverly Hills, Catalina Island, and the civil courthouse on Spring Street in downtown Los Angeles.

And his order sought to sharply reduce the number of cases that require defendants and their attorneys to appear for incremental developments. All progress reports and status reports for pending criminal matters, for example, were pushed back an additional 90 days, and misdemeanor cases where a defendant is not in jail were also delayed 90 days. Brazile also said it was a priority for judges to hold bail hearings for those awaiting trial in county jail.

Brazile’s updated order was issued after unions representing a wide range of courthouse staff, including public defenders, deputy district attorneys and interpreters, pleaded with him to implement measures to reduce the spread of the virus in their workplace. The unions sent a scathing letter on March 19 that asked for people entering the county’s courthouses to be screened and those showing symptoms to be barred. The unions also asked for improved social distancing protocols and a reduction in the types of court proceedings allowed to take place during the pandemic.

When the courts reopened Friday after a three-day shutdown, many attorneys shared photos of long lines to enter the Metropolitan Courthouse, which handles a large swath of misdemeanor cases, and complained of cramped conditions and a lack of available hand sanitizer.

Michele Hanisee, the president of the union representing Los Angeles County deputy district attorneys, had said Friday that judicial officers were “placing dedicated city, county and state employees as well as the public at risk.”

In a reply sent earlier Monday, the court said it had conferred with the county Department of Public Health, which recommended against screening people entering the courts because “thermometers used to scan the public are not deemed reliable.”

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...urts-to-public

20. The Following User Says Thank You to myosotis For This Useful Post: