Donate Now Goal amount for the next month: 187 USD, Received: 62 USD (33%)
We need your help...Please if you can help us with our cost's it will be hugely appreciated.

Page 725 of 1229 FirstFirst ... 2256256757157237247257267277357758251225 ... LastLast
Results 10,861 to 10,875 of 18425

Thread: [Discussion] Sexual Abuse Claims Against MJ Estate - Robson/ Safechuck/ Doe

   
  1. #10861
    Points: 1,252, Level: 19
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    183
    Points
    1,252
    Level
    19
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 235 Times in 68 Posts

    Default Re: [Discussion] Wade Robson / James Safechuck file claim of sexual abuse against MJ-Estate

    Quote Originally Posted by respect77 View Post
    PC 9103 (the 60 days statutes of limitations) is one part of the matter. Another part is equitable estoppel which is another thing that they try. Actually based on the above article the 60 days thing was not even discussed, nor Robson not knowing about the Estate. Here they seem to be totally focused on equitable estoppel. The argument about Robson being brainwashed and threatened.

    But how could any kind of e. estoppel override PC 9103?
    And what is exactly the argument?
    that he couldn't file before May 2013 because MJ told him they would both go to jail?

    How incredibly idiotic is that???

    And how is it that Robson's knowledge of the Estate wasn't even discussed when it was part of his argument? It's in his original complaint.
    Now that the evidence is overwhelming that he in fact knew about it Marzano just tells the judge whatever forget about that and
    focus on how horrible these allegations are, ignore the law and allow the case?

    I wish this judge would be like the judge who handled Michael Egan in Hawaii.

    Egan acknowledged the judge’s statements and apologized, but the exchange continued.

    So be truthful,” said the judge. “I am,” responded Egan.

    Well, no,” interjected Seabright. “You weren't. Because you said ‘nothing,’ they're doing nothing. That's not true.

    Egan then replied that he didn’t know how to file pleadings, so the law firm had helped him with that. This seems to have further angered the judge, who interrupted Egan and said, “You don't know how to get a stamp and put it on an envelope and write your return address on it and then mail it? You don't know how to do that?”

    Egan conceded that he did, but said, “I'm just at a loss, I'm not an attorney.” Seabright responded, “I'm not buying this.… I'm a smart guy, I get it, and don't underestimate me.

    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...accuser-742505
    he didn't tolerate this false accuser's bullshit.
    He too accused someone of raping him as a child.

    Him not knowing how to send a letter is about as believable as Robson's claim of not understanding what sex abuse was.
    Last edited by castor; 21-04-2015 at 07:19 PM.

  2. #10862
    Points: 64,872, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7
    Points
    64,872
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    19,473
    Thanked 35,099 Times in 9,064 Posts

    Default Re: [Discussion] Wade Robson / James Safechuck file claim of sexual abuse against MJ-Estate

    Quote Originally Posted by castor View Post
    But how could any kind of e. estoppel override PC 9103?
    And what is exactly the argument?
    that he couldn't file before May 2013 because MJ told him they would both go to jail?

    How incredibly idiotic is that???

    And how is it that Robson's knowledge of the Estate wasn't even discussed when it was part of his argument? It's in his original complaint.
    Now that the evidence is overwhelming that he in fact knew about it Marzano just tells the judge whatever forget about that and
    focus on how horrible these allegations are, ignore the law and allow the case?
    Well, I agree that equitable estoppel doesn't make any sense here but that's Robson's argument. Normal statutory limitations gave him a chance to file a complaint when he claims the detrimental effects of brainwash and threats ceased in May 2012. He failed to file within those statutory limitations so why should he be given equitable estoppel? I do not understand their argument there either.

    BTW going back to this a little:

    Then apparently there are arguments made for equitable estoppel. His arguments are for that:

    - MJ brainwashed him into believing that the acts between them were consensual;
    - MJ threatened him;
    Wouldn't the first point ("MJ brainwashed him into believing that the acts between them were consensual") be rather delayed discovery and not equitable estoppel?

    Egan then replied that he didn’t know how to file pleadings, so the law firm had helped him with that. This seems to have further angered the judge, who interrupted Egan and said, “You don't know how to get a stamp and put it on an envelope and write your return address on it and then mail it? You don't know how to do that?”

    Egan conceded that he did, but said, “I'm just at a loss, I'm not an attorney.” Seabright responded, “I'm not buying this.… I'm a smart guy, I get it, and don't underestimate me.
    Wow, that's tough. LOL.

  3. #10863
    Points: 152,225, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdrive50000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,074
    Points
    152,225
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    423
    Thanked 34,433 Times in 7,251 Posts

    Default Re: [Discussion] Wade Robson / James Safechuck file claim of sexual abuse against MJ-Estate

    A little note : As expected - at least as I expected- judge didn't rule today but he said he would rule within few days. Given he took 2 weeks with Safechuck but states he would take less time with Robson, I'm thinking he already had a tentative ruling planned and he would go with that.
    Twitter : Ivy_4MJ

  4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ivy For This Useful Post:


  5. #10864
    Points: 29,922, Level: 99
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,760
    Points
    29,922
    Level
    99
    Thanks
    2,974
    Thanked 3,990 Times in 1,318 Posts

    Default Re: [Discussion] Wade Robson / James Safechuck file claim of sexual abuse against MJ-Estate

    Quote Originally Posted by respect77 View Post
    TWIGGY @MJHOAXLIVE · 2 min Weitzman is grabbing the arm of the man who is opposing counsel. He sure has a big smile on his face!!








    So apparently that is Gradstein, Robson's lawyer.

    :busted:
    The King Of Music

    "I am forever, we are forever."

  6. #10865
    Points: 13,646, Level: 75
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    "Please hold. All muses are busy right now, but your inspiration is important to us..."
    Posts
    3,325
    Points
    13,646
    Level
    75
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    407
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 560 Posts

    Default Re: [Discussion] Wade Robson / James Safechuck file claim of sexual abuse against MJ-Estate

    Quote Originally Posted by ivy View Post
    I understand that but I believe Estate's point is exactly why the judge will grant the summary judgment and dismiss the case. If this is allowed this will be an unbelievable precedent and there would be nothing to stop anyone to sue any estate decades later a person is deceased.

    for a totally made up scenario - assume that someone hangs out with an unrelated kid one day before they die. the kid grows up to be 30-36 yrs old, gets married, have a kid, have an emotional breakdown and "realizes" that he was abused. if this precedent is allowed, that kid can file a sexual abuse claim 30+ yrs after the person has died. it doesn't make sense, this shouldn't be allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ivy View Post
    A little note : As expected - at least as I expected- judge didn't rule today but he said he would rule within few days. Given he took 2 weeks with Safechuck but states he would take less time with Robson, I'm thinking he already had a tentative ruling planned and he would go with that.
    I also think the judge is probably weighing this decision as an incredible precedent because it wouldn't just open doors, but a torrential floodgate. He probably made up his mind and needs time to be able to rule in a fashion that doesn't come back to haunt him. I'd imagine the decision is there in his head, especially since he mentioned that one time only, alleged threat

    Sounds to me as if the 'only' thing left is to consult a couple 50 pound books explain his decision thoroughly.

    Judges easily postpone something for months at a time, a few days on the other hand makes me hopeful.
    “And the sun and the moon sometimes argue over who will tuck me in at night. If you think I am having more fun than anyone on this planet, you are absolutely correct.” ― Hafez

    “It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive.” C. W. Leadbeater

  7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pace,MioDolceCuore For This Useful Post:


  8. #10866
    Points: 13,646, Level: 75
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    "Please hold. All muses are busy right now, but your inspiration is important to us..."
    Posts
    3,325
    Points
    13,646
    Level
    75
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    407
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 560 Posts

    Default Re: [Discussion] Wade Robson / James Safechuck file claim of sexual abuse against MJ-Estate

    Quote Originally Posted by InvincibleTal View Post
    :busted:
    You'd be shocked how attorneys and politicians can turn their so called dislike on and off. Usually when the camera blinks red the opponent is the moral equivalent to Satan, and when the Judges enters the room. And right after that it's lunchtime. See it all the time.
    “And the sun and the moon sometimes argue over who will tuck me in at night. If you think I am having more fun than anyone on this planet, you are absolutely correct.” ― Hafez

    “It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive.” C. W. Leadbeater

  9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Pace,MioDolceCuore For This Useful Post:


  10. #10867
    Points: 1,252, Level: 19
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    183
    Points
    1,252
    Level
    19
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 235 Times in 68 Posts

    Default Re: [Discussion] Wade Robson / James Safechuck file claim of sexual abuse against MJ-Estate

    Quote Originally Posted by respect77 View Post

    Wouldn't the first point ("MJ brainwashed him into believing that the acts between them were consensual") be rather delayed discovery and not equitable estoppel?

    It would be but since he say that he did discover in May 2012 and still didn't file until May 2013 I still don't see how he wants to explain that one year
    with e. estoppel especially since earlier he tried to explain it by claiming that he didn't know about the Estate.

  11. #10868
    Points: 16,731, Level: 82
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entry10000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,667
    Points
    16,731
    Level
    82
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    2,117
    Thanked 4,932 Times in 1,303 Posts

    Default Re: [Discussion] Wade Robson / James Safechuck file claim of sexual abuse against MJ-Estate

    So if the judge grants the estate motion, the liars wont be able to file a late credit claim , right? They said they would continue with suing MJ's companies ? How would that work?

    By the way, did safe**** claim that MJ threatened him as well?

  12. #10869
    Points: 16,731, Level: 82
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entry10000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,667
    Points
    16,731
    Level
    82
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thanks
    2,117
    Thanked 4,932 Times in 1,303 Posts

    Default Re: [Discussion] Wade Robson / James Safechuck file claim of sexual abuse against MJ-Estate

    Quote Originally Posted by castor View Post
    It would be but since he say that he did discover in May 2012 and still didn't file until May 2013 I still don't see how he wants to explain that one year
    with e. estoppel especially since earlier he tried to explain it by claiming that he didn't know about the Estate.
    dont forget he admitted he told friends and family in September 2012 about his "new reality" but asked them not to reveal what he told them

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Soundmind For This Useful Post:


  14. #10870
    Points: 13,646, Level: 75
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryTagger Second Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    "Please hold. All muses are busy right now, but your inspiration is important to us..."
    Posts
    3,325
    Points
    13,646
    Level
    75
    Blog Entries
    4
    Thanks
    407
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 560 Posts

    Default Re: [Discussion] Wade Robson / James Safechuck file claim of sexual abuse against MJ-Estate

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundmind View Post
    So if the judge grants the estate motion, the liars wont be able to file a late credit claim , right? They said they would continue with suing MJ's companies ? How would that work?
    ...
    I'd imagine simply not at all. Imagine trying to find another precedent that allows you to suit the pants off anyone in the periphery.
    “And the sun and the moon sometimes argue over who will tuck me in at night. If you think I am having more fun than anyone on this planet, you are absolutely correct.” ― Hafez

    “It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive.” C. W. Leadbeater

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pace,MioDolceCuore For This Useful Post:


  16. #10871
    Points: 1,252, Level: 19
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    183
    Points
    1,252
    Level
    19
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 235 Times in 68 Posts

    Default Re: [Discussion] Wade Robson / James Safechuck file claim of sexual abuse against MJ-Estate

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundmind View Post
    So if the judge grants the estate motion, the liars wont be able to file a late credit claim , right? They said they would continue with suing MJ's companies ? How would that work?
    Safechuck's case won't be decided until June. The Estate didn't go for summary judgement there but demurrer.
    I don't see how the judge would allow Robson's probate claim but allow Safehuck's or vice versa.
    If one goes down so does the other.

    Yes Robson still would sue the companies. He also said that he would sue Branca and McClain too!
    Estate filed demurrer in that case, basically Robson claims that people in those companies were responsible for his abuse because they knew or had reason to know that MJ abused him and did nothing or
    even helped arrange meetings between Robsons and MJ.
    Of course it's BS since his mother was primarly responsible for those meetings and she was always with him in Neverland except one occasion in 1993 when Robson was there with the Culkins and the Chandlers
    not to mention all three Robsons had been adamant that MJ was innocent.

    The difference is that by suing the companies Robson is suing living people, in a rational world he should prove that any of them in fact knew about the abuse but my concern is that Beckloff will make a political decision, not allow the probate claim but allow the lawsuit against the companies even if Robson's argument is BS and full of holes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundmind View Post
    By the way, did safe**** claim that MJ threatened him as well?
    He claims that MJ brainwashed him into believing that the sex was his idea and it was love and yes he intimidated him somehow by calling him twice a year and asking him about his sex life and promising to do something great together.
    How in the world would any of those be threats even if they had happened is anyone's guess.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to castor For This Useful Post:


  18. #10872
    Points: 64,872, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7
    Points
    64,872
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    19,473
    Thanked 35,099 Times in 9,064 Posts

    Default Re: [Discussion] Wade Robson / James Safechuck file claim of sexual abuse against MJ-Estate

    Quote Originally Posted by Soundmind View Post
    So if the judge grants the estate motion, the liars wont be able to file a late credit claim , right? They said they would continue with suing MJ's companies ? How would that work?
    Well, that's what Gradstein said acc. to the article so I guess that's how it works: the civil suit with the companies still could go on.

    By the way, did safe**** claim that MJ threatened him as well?
    He did. On top of the whole "we both go to jail" think he alleges MJ threatened him in 2005 that his life "would be over" (never specifies what it would mean). Since Safechuck did not have a close friendship with MJ until his death he has more room to allege threats and indimidation than Robson, but even in his case I cannot see how it could work. Safechuck's allegation is that he realized he was abused/it was wrong/it was abuse in May 2013 when he saw Robson. He went to Robson's lawyers in October 2013 but he only filed in May 2014. So he too is out of all statutes. And I cannot see in this case either how equitable estoppel would work.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to HIStory For This Useful Post:


  20. #10873
    Points: 8,858, Level: 63
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 192
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,244
    Points
    8,858
    Level
    63
    Thanks
    3,262
    Thanked 2,565 Times in 923 Posts

    Default Re: Wade Robson / James Safechuck Case - Creditor/civil claim against MJ Estate ( NEWS ONLY)

    So the judge should have a decision in a few days? Wade is such a liar and this judge should've given his decision today.. He is getting on my nerves. Glad to hear this' Steinsapir said that if the dismissal motion is denied, the estate may seek relief from the 2nd District Court of Appeal' I highly doubt Beckloff wants any decision of his reversed on appeal. He should do the right thing and dismiss this mess.

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jaydom7 For This Useful Post:


  22. #10874
    Points: 12,606, Level: 73
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 244
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Blog entry10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,072
    Points
    12,606
    Level
    73
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked 4,158 Times in 1,130 Posts

    Default Re: [Discussion] Wade Robson / James Safechuck file claim of sexual abuse against MJ-Estate

    Accepting a claim this late would be bad news for everyone's estate. Imagining suing EPE for something you said happened in the 60s. Or suing the estate of Marilyn Monroe for something that happened in the fifties. No one wants that
    Last edited by Justthefacts; 22-04-2015 at 09:03 AM.

  23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Justthefacts For This Useful Post:


  24. #10875
    Points: 8,636, Level: 62
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,035
    Points
    8,636
    Level
    62
    Thanks
    3,124
    Thanked 3,248 Times in 1,231 Posts

    Default Re: [Discussion] Wade Robson / James Safechuck file claim of sexual abuse against MJ-Estate

    Regardless of what the judge's reason were, I agree this has gone on too long. This has been one huge mess since day one, actually for the last 20 years. This seriously needs to end. As Robert Sanger said "How many times does a man have to exonerated to be exonerated?".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Culture changes, fashion change, customs change, great music is immortal." - MJ

  25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SarahJ For This Useful Post:


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •