Jermaine planning Jackson-themed resort

Bubs

Proud Member
Abu Dhabi in frame for Jackson-themed five-star resort says Jermaine

Abu Dhabi’s Yas Island could be getting a Jackson family-themed hotel and resort. Jermaine Jackson, speaking exclusively to The National from Morocco’s Mawazine Festival, said talks are under way with potential investors on building Jermajesty, a five-star resort dedicated to the legendary family’s musical history.

The 58-year-old elder brother to the late pop icon Michael said scouting for locations had already begun, with land near Ferrari World being considered. “We are very early in the process,” said Jackson. “Talks are going on and it is progressing well. A good area we found is near Ferrari World, so we are looking at that.”

Named after Jermaine’s 12-year-old son, Jermajesty Hotel and Resorts is to be filled with memorabilia showcasing The Jackson family’s near five-decade career. Jackson said the family would soon begin discussing how to deck out the hotel. “I feel very honoured and blessed to have the opportunity to do this,” he said. “The main aim is to make it have the whole family’s history and legacy. I hope that we just keep moving forward on it.”

China is another possibility for a second location, Jackson said, but the focus now is on getting the Abu Dhabi project off the ground. Jackson said the Middle East took on deeper resonance to him after he converted to Islam in 1989. He said The Jacksons’ Abu Dhabi show at Yas Island last November was a personal tour highlight. “I always feel very welcome when I am over there, and the people are kind and gracious,” he said. “Also my wife is Afghan and she has been a Muslim all her life. She speaks fluent Arabic and she has supported me in understanding and strengthening my beliefs. So when I come to this part of the world I feel like I did come full circle.”

Read more: http://www.thenational.ae/arts-cult...-five-star-resort-says-jermaine#ixzz2V8DG8JuT

Another interview from same paper:

Jermaine Jackson believes his brother Michael was in the process of converting to Islam before his death in 2009.

Speaking from Morocco’s Mawazine Festival, Jackson said his younger brother had been studying Islamic spiritual texts.

“I remember I came back from Saudi Arabia and I brought him a bunch of books about Islam. One thing about Michael is that he reads everything. He read all the books, about six of them, that I gave him.”
“I do know that all of [Michael’s] security and the people that took care of his children became Muslim. As far as him accepting Islam in his heart, I am sure he did,” said Jackson.

Jackson revealed exclusively to The National that talks are underway with potential investors on building a five-star resort on Abu Dhabi’s Yas Island that would be dedicated to the legendary family’s musical history.
It would be named Jermajesty after his 12-year-old son.

He also took a swipe at Cirque du Soleil’s Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour. He described the famed Canadian theatre company’s latest production, pairing music and videos of Michael Jackson with acrobatics, as not “up to Michael’s level”.

“It is entertaining but at the same time Michael set the bar so high that no one could get to that point,” he said. “I saw the show and to tell you the truth it just didn’t knock me out.”

The trial in a wrongful death lawsuit filed by Jackson’s mother and children against AEG Live and Concerts West continues in California. The suit alleges the company, which acted as the producer and promoter for what was to be Jackson’s final run of shows in London, was negligent in hiring Conrad Murray. The doctor was convicted of involuntary manslaughter after giving Jackson a fatal anesthetic dose in 2009.

Read more: http://www.thenational.ae/arts-cult...he-verge-of-converting-to-islam#ixzz2V8DjEggz

My notes, So this is what Jermoney is planning to do with his share if Katherine gets settlelemnt from AEG.

His comments about IMMortal, this is not the first time he takes swipe at it. now he is starting to look very bitter and wonder if it got something to do the fact that his opinion wasn't asked and he wasn't asked to participate. I wonder if he thinks Cardiff concert, their own unity concerts tributes to MJ, PPB signed jackets and belts were up to standards, basically anything they have done since MJ passed, were any of them up to standards?

Yas Island seems to be jam packed with resorts and hotels already..... They all sound phenomenally expensive to stay in, let alone to build.
Looking at the attractions already there, the following new 'coaster' ride sounds like one that Michael might have enjoyed:

Newest, Biggest Baddest Roller-coasters for summer
1. Bandit Bomber (Yas Waterworld, Abu Dhabi)

This magnificent new ride opened in January in Abu Dhabi, where winter temperatures average in the upper 70s F.

That's probably why it's the first coaster in the world equipped with laser guns and water bombs in every seat.

Other 2013 debuts at Yas Waterworld include the Liwa Loop, the Middle East's only looping water slide, and Dawwama, the world's first and largest hydromagnetic-powered water slide.

Bells and whistles

Length: 1,690 feet (515 meters)

Speed: 37 mph (60 kph)

Height: 115 feet (35 meters)

Insane trademark: Water cannons and laser guns that set off geysers and waterfalls

Bandit Bomber, Yas Waterworld, Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates;+971 2 414 2000; 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; ticket price 225 dirhams ($61); hours and prices vary
http://edition.cnn.com/2013/05/27/travel/roller-coasters-2013/index.html

Bubs;3835411 said:
Abu Dhabi in frame for Jackson-themed five-star resort says Jermaine

Abu Dhabi’s Yas Island could be getting a Jackson family-themed hotel and resort. Jermaine Jackson, speaking exclusively to The National from Morocco’s Mawazine Festival, said talks are under way with potential investors on building Jermajesty, a five-star resort dedicated to the legendary family’s musical history.

Jermajesty, how pathetic !

ice_cube_wtf_gqvqs30u.gif

He can take over joes happy land!!

I was going to say that this sounds like Joe's Happyland project. Who in their right mind will go into a resort project with a Jackson if Michael's money is not being used? OK if the project is about the Jackson musical contributions, are they going to include Michael or his music, image, etc., in their ads. Are they going to ask the estate for permission? He always takes knocks at estate attempts to make money for Michael and his legacy, even though it was estat's money that paid for his child support, and buying a place for Alejandra. He is like Randy always talking against the estate. I think all Jacksons have the same ideas as Jermaine, but only voice it at home. I wonder if their statements influence the kids as well?

I was going to say that this sounds like Joe's Happyland project. Who in their right mind will go into a resort project with a Jackson if Michael's money is not being used? OK if the project is about the Jackson musical contributions, are they going to include Michael or his music, image, etc., in their ads. Are they going to ask the estate for permission? He always takes knocks at estate attempts to make money for Michael and his legacy, even though it was estat's money that paid for his child support, and buying a place for Alejandra. He is like Randy always talking against the estate. I think all Jacksons have the same ideas as Jermaine, but only voice it at home. I wonder if their statements influence the kids as well?

They feel entitled as MJ is their brother that they have right to use his image, likeness for their various vendors. After all as they say, it was Jackson 5 that gave MJ platform to superstardom:)
I'm not guite sure what they mean by that, but it was MJ that put J5 to the map, the end.

The infamous 2 are not included in any aspect for estates projects (I think Jackie is) so they are pissed off, thus bad mouthing any projects. I honestly think that the Jemoney and Randy talk nonsense about executors to Katherine, and Katherine repeats those things to kids. I hope PPB are level headed and remember what their father told them some of the family members and their ways.

^^:rofl: it must be Jack:sun: as this is coming from Jermaine.
Jermajesty Jack:sun: resort.

The brothers have inherited Joe's talent, in that they come up with ideas for projects all the time. However, like their dad, those projects usually go poof. What Jermaine needs to do is plan this properly & work with ethical people.

Why is dubia why not Gary . And if this is by Jermaine it is never happening because he is broke. Pay your child support which he has 6 more years to go . and it Alejandra let them go to college that 10 more years.

Why is dubia why not Gary . And if this is by Jermaine it is never happening because he is broke. Pay your child support which he has 6 more years to go . and it Alejandra let them go to college that 10 more years.

I think he is banking of the AEG money. It seems backers like you to put up some of your own money and then they put up the rest. Joe's plan like that failed too, because the money he thought he would get did not surface.

Jermaine Jack:sun: PR release Jermajesty hotels or whatever:D

Press Release
For immediate release Melbourne
Los Angeles
11 June 2013
Jermaine Jackson partners with Australia’s GoConnect to launch Jermajesty Hotels and Resorts
In the world of entertainment, the Jacksons brand, as in Jackson 5 fame, has both charisma and longevity. For 50 years, The Jacksons have wowed the global music industry. The Jacksons are true entertainers on a global scale and have been at the forefront of the music and entertainment industries for 50 years. Now Jermaine Jackson has combined his brand of talent as a global entertainer with upscale hospitality to establish a unique blend of hospitality and entertainment. Under the umbrella of Jermajesty Hotels and Resorts, Jermaine Jackson’s Jermajesty Holdings Pty Ltd (“Jermajesty Holdings”) will combine 5‐star deluxe hospitality with exciting entertainment by incorporating, amongst other activities, the Jackson Life Museum and Entertainment Centre in each Resort. Jackson Life Entertainment Centre will have the capability to broadcast concerts and TV shows for distribution over traditional and Internet TV. Jermajesty Hotels and resorts is the place to be seen and where you can lose yourself in the high‐end shopping bazaar, spoil yourself at fine dining on various exquisite cuisines, and then get rejuvenated in one of the out‐of‐the‐ world health spas.
A number of Jermajesty Hotels and Resorts projects (“the Projects”) to establish the brand are at different stages of development. These Projects are in the US, the Middle East, Australia, Asia (ex China) and Greater China. Master Design work is under way and a Real Estate Investment Trust (“REIT”) will be established to invest in the development of these Projects. A strong operational management team is being assembled by Mr Prarob Mokaves, former President of Development of the renowned Dusit Thani Hotels and Resorts of Thailand. Prarob is highly respected in the hospitality industry, with over 38 years experience in the industry. The first Project to be launched in Asia within the next 12 months will be the Tianjin Jermajesty Hotels and Resorts in Tianjin, China, which will set the high standard as a showpiece property for the global brand. Tianjin Jermajesty Hotels and Resorts will be the first showpiece property for Jermajesty Holdings.
Jermajesty Holdings will hold the master franchise in Australia, New Zealand, and Asia including Greater China, to identify and secure Projects from today onward and will work with and co‐manage with the REIT to ensure that each one of the Projects is financed, developed, operated and managed to the high standard, deserving of its brand name. The rapidly rising wealth in the Asia/China region provides a window of opportunities to launch a 5‐star deluxe hospitality brand such as Jermajesty Hotels and Resorts. The successful working relationship between Jermaine Jackson and GoConnect, a relationship brought even closer by the launch of the JJ5TV.com reality IPTV show, has enabled GoConnect to
secure a 20% equity interest in Jermajesty Holdings. GoConnect will assist in the marketing of the Projects via the company’s multiple IPTV platforms, provide its global IPTV network uctv.fm to stream concerts and TV programs for Jackson Life Entertainment Centres, as well as helping to secure project opportunities in Australia, Asia and Greater China.
Jermajesty Holdings has entered into an MOU with a Tianjin local government company to secure a management contract on a property to launch the inaugural Jermajesty Hotels and Resorts in the world in Tianjin, Greater China. Tianjin is a port city, and is the fourth largest city in China with over 13 million people. The property location in Tianjin has been redeveloped and is being promoted by the Chinese government as both a tourist destination and a centre of entertainment and trade exhibitions. It is a place of significant cultural and historical heritage to China. Superstructure of the property is already constructed with 30,000 sq meters of floor space and on completion of the entire property, is designed to have 350 hotel rooms. The Tianjin local district government will complete the refurbishment of the 350 rooms by year‐end 2013. An open square within the property will be suitable for housing the Jackson Life Entertainment Centre, which will provide seating for 5,000 guests. Jermajesty Holdings will be able to fast track the launch of this inaugural Jermajesty project upon handover of the building in early 2014.
Jermaine Jackson says, “Being involved in the hospitality business is a dream I shared with my brother Michael, and Jermajesty Hotels and Resorts is named after my son. I am absolutely delighted to have GoConnect joining us in this emotional journey. Rarely is there an opportunity for an upscale hospitality business to be able to capitalize on the success of a global entertainment brand. With the establishment of Jermajesty Holdings, that opportunity has now finally arrived.
“Technological changes demand that marketers for a global brand like ours make use of the newest and best available global media technology platforms. GoConnect has pioneered multiple platform IPTV technologies. More importantly, GoConnect’s IPTV platforms are live and commercialized, and have already secured a substantial and growing global audience reach. Their platforms are ideal for spreading the Jermajesty message.
“GoConnect is also well connected in Asia and China and, through them, we are now working on the first Jermajesty Hotels and Resorts project in China in this superb location in Tianjin. I am very excited about the future potential of our partnership.”
For further information on this release, please contact Richard Li on +61 3 99937000 Or email him on media@goconnect.com.au.
http://press.goconnect.com.au/syste...ings_Press_Release_June_2013-3.pdf?1370913810

Can he not even do simple pr release without inserting Michael's name in it?

Even mjs hopes of themeparks in poland had more of a chance than this! guess hes already spending his share of the forty bill!

yeah we know jerm u and mj were going into biz together and were gonna create hotels etc etc NOT.

This is bizarre. They are purchasing a refurbished hotel which has been done up by the local authority. There are at least 15 enormous luxury 5 star hotels in Tianjin already, and I don't see 'local authority refurb' as being a 5-star selling point.

I wonder if they are looking to pick up mainly the Australian business and holiday travellers to China?
Here's a (Australian) link to some of the hotels in Tianjin already:

http://www.cnto.org.au/tianjin-hotels

The idea of 'Jackson life' museums in every resort worries me. What else of Michael's are they planning to give away? Joe already seemed to have given away quite a few things to Happyland.

.....................................................................................................................................................................

Here is another report, which is quite amusing:

Welcome to Jermaine Jackson's luxury hotel chain, to be developed in a joint venture with a cash-strapped Australian tech company.

It sounds absurd, but it's not April 1 and GoConnect chief executive Richard Li seems serious about the whole thing.

The company, which at the end of March had $1170 in the bank, reckons it is going to open Jermajesty - no, really - hotels in Australia, New Zealand and China.

Li wouldn't give the address of the first hotel, which is apparently being built by the authorities of Chinese megacity Tianjin.

''The local government has already constructed the superstructure and they will be constructing and fitting out the rooms to our standard,'' Li told CBD. He said there would be 350 rooms, or ''maybe less because some of the rooms may have to be enlarged to Jermajesty standard''.

Li said Thai hotel industry veteran Prarob Mokaves would run the joint venture, Jermajesty Holdings, which is to be 20 per cent owned by GoConnect, 60 per cent by Jackson (or Jacksun, as he calls himself these days).

The remaining 20 per cent is to be owned by an investor whom Li wouldn't identify, but who CBD suspects is probably Mokaves.

So how is this, GoConnect's second JV with Jackson, all to be funded? GoConnect may not have any cash, but Li said there was ''no shortage of money'' available, probably through a real estate trust structure to be set up in the US. ''We always live off the smell of an oily rag for 13 years - we're good at that,'' he said. ''It's good discipline, you know.''

http://www.gippslandtimes.com.au/story/1566040/palmer-makes-pitch-for-cash/

................................................................................................................................................................
I see this links in with the search for the Australian 'JJ5'

Jermaine Jackson and GCN develop Jermajesty Hotels & Resorts Tue, 11 Jun 2013
GoConnect and TEN Launch New Free WiFi TV Platform Fri, 7 Jun 2013
Appointment of New Director and Initial Director Interest Tue, 28 May 2013
GCN launches EcoConnect solar thermal air conditioning sales Fri, 24 May 2013
Launch of JJ5 TV on Soundcheck online platform Fri, 10 May 2013
Appendix 4C - quarterly Tue, 30 Apr 2013
Jermaine Jackson & GoConnect establish Go JLJ Entertainment Tue, 30 Apr 2013

http://www.brrmedia.com/asx/GCN/goconnect-limited/
Also

http://asx.com.au/asx/statistics/announcements.do?by=asxCode&asxCode=GCN&timeframe=D&period=M6

Last edited:
This is bizarre. They are purchasing a refurbished hotel which has been done up by the local authority. There are at least 15 enormous luxury 5 star hotels in Tianjin already, and I don't see 'local authority refurb' as being a 5-star selling point.

I wonder if they are looking to pick up mainly the Australian business and holiday travellers to China?
Here's a (Australian) link to some of the hotels in Tianjin already:

http://www.cnto.org.au/tianjin-hotels

The idea of 'Jackson life' museums in every resort worries me. What else of Michael's are they planning to give away? Joe already seemed to have given away quite a few things to Happyland.

.....................................................................................................................................................................

Here is another report, which is quite amusing:

Welcome to Jermaine Jackson's luxury hotel chain, to be developed in a joint venture with a cash-strapped Australian tech company.

It sounds absurd, but it's not April 1 and GoConnect chief executive Richard Li seems serious about the whole thing.

The company, which at the end of March had $1170 in the bank, reckons it is going to open Jermajesty - no, really - hotels in Australia, New Zealand and China.

Li wouldn't give the address of the first hotel, which is apparently being built by the authorities of Chinese megacity Tianjin.

''The local government has already constructed the superstructure and they will be constructing and fitting out the rooms to our standard,'' Li told CBD. He said there would be 350 rooms, or ''maybe less because some of the rooms may have to be enlarged to Jermajesty standard''.

Li said Thai hotel industry veteran Prarob Mokaves would run the joint venture, Jermajesty Holdings, which is to be 20 per cent owned by GoConnect, 60 per cent by Jackson (or Jacksun, as he calls himself these days).

The remaining 20 per cent is to be owned by an investor whom Li wouldn't identify, but who CBD suspects is probably Mokaves.

So how is this, GoConnect's second JV with Jackson, all to be funded? GoConnect may not have any cash, but Li said there was ''no shortage of money'' available, probably through a real estate trust structure to be set up in the US. ''We always live off the smell of an oily rag for 13 years - we're good at that,'' he said. ''It's good discipline, you know.''

http://www.gippslandtimes.com.au/story/1566040/palmer-makes-pitch-for-cash/

................................................................................................................................................................
I see this links in with the search for the Australian 'JJ5'

Jermaine Jackson and GCN develop Jermajesty Hotels & Resorts Tue, 11 Jun 2013
GoConnect and TEN Launch New Free WiFi TV Platform Fri, 7 Jun 2013
Appointment of New Director and Initial Director Interest Tue, 28 May 2013
GCN launches EcoConnect solar thermal air conditioning sales Fri, 24 May 2013
Launch of JJ5 TV on Soundcheck online platform Fri, 10 May 2013
Appendix 4C - quarterly Tue, 30 Apr 2013
Jermaine Jackson & GoConnect establish Go JLJ Entertainment Tue, 30 Apr 2013

http://www.brrmedia.com/asx/GCN/goconnect-limited/
Also

http://asx.com.au/asx/statistics/announcements.do?by=asxCode&asxCode=GCN&timeframe=D&period=M6

:blink: :fear:

I mean.................. I don't even know what to say on this one... :no:

What kind of hotel do you get with $1170? Toilet paper to it :cheeky:

It seems that a third location, Perth in Western Australia is also under discussion.....

Jackson plans Perth hotel

The West Australian
20 July 13

Jermaine Jackson, brother of late pop icon Michael Jackson, is looking at building a hotel in WA and has visited the East Perth power station as a potential site.
Jackson, who sang alongside his younger brother in the Jackson Five, met representatives of the Metropolitan Redevelopment Authority while touring in March with the re-formed singing group.

His visit included a tour of the disused power station and the authority has since given him more information and images of the site.

Details of the scope of Jackson's plans are unclear but Jermajesty Holdings, a company jointly owned by Jackson and Melbourne-based digital media company GoConnect Australia, is building a 350-room hotel in China under the banner of Jermajesty Hotels and Resorts.

That hotel is intended to be filled with Jackson family memorabilia and will include an entertainment centre with seating for 5000.

MRA acting chief executive Sean Henriques confirmed to The Weekend West that Jackson had "expressed an interest in Perth as a potential location for a new hotel".

"The MRA met Mr Jackson and provided an overview of the current redevelopment projects," Mr Henriques said. "The MRA provided a tour of the East Perth power station site."

Built in 1916 and operated until 1981, the power station stands on 8.5ha of land.

It has been listed on the State Register of Heritage Places and although various development proposals have been mooted over the years, none has eventuated.

Jackson and the Australian-listed GoConnect announced last month a "strategic alliance" that saw GoConnect take a 20 per cent stake in Jermajesty Holdings.

"Being involved in the hospitality business is a dream I shared with my brother Michael," Jackson said at the time. "I am absolutely delighted to have GoConnect joining us in this emotional journey."

It is unknown how the joint venture would fund a hotel in Perth.

GoConnect is valued at just $6.8 million on the Australian Securities Exchange based on yesterday's closing share price.

It is not the first time Jackson, 58, has made a foray into Perth.

In 2000, he struck a joint venture with since-defunct computer games retailer Games 'R' Us.
In the same year, Jackson was rumoured to be looking at business and real estate investment opportunities in Perth

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/wa/18070179/jackson-plans-perth-hotel/

http://[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/546/zxuq.jpg/][/URL]

..................................................................................................................................................................................
There is another press release dated 23 July 13 about the Tianjin project(s) here:

(It says that a major international investor will be putting in 30 million usd......)

http://asx.com.au/asxpdf/20130723/pdf/42h60k70rlswns.pdf

Last edited:
stick to singing!

Michael planned to do resort hotels and theme parks.. So not a very original idea by jacksun.. Im not sure where jerm thinks it would be successful. They Jacksons didnt even sell out a reunion tour in small theaters. And music is there thing... I don't mean to be so blunt and it really shudnt matter but... Tired of hearing of projects that I know won't go anywhere.

A couple of updates from the Australian GoConnect company which holds 20% equity in Jermajesty Holdings. JH looks as though it aims to be listed as a public company 'on a major stock exchange' (China?) in the next few months.

GoConnect.com.au:
The company will be launching a number of revenue-generating businesses during the September (13) quarter, including GoTen TV.com, JJ5TV.com music competition in Australia and the Indian subcontinent of which an Indian partner in principle has been secured.

Jermajesty Holdings is embarking on a marketing strategy to proactively lift and internationalise the value of the second Tianjin project by directly marketing the property to Hollywood and other international entertainment celebrities. All Jermajesty projects will be high-profile projects and are therefore expected to attract premium rental rates and sale prices.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20130819/pdf/42hrhsh7t7ds1j.pdf

GoConnect's close working relationship with Jermaine Jackson in the development of JJ5TV.co led to the incorporation of Jermajesty Holdings Pty Ltd in April 2013. ........Jermajesty holdings is developing a number of 4-5 star deluxe hospitality projects around the world. A number of Jermajesty hotels and resorts projects (the Projects) are a different stages of development. The Projects are in the US, the Middle East, North Africa, Australia, Asia (exc China) and Greater China.

Jermajesty Holdings currently has 7 projects in the pipeline, including 6 in China. The management of Jermajesty Holdings inspected these projects in a business trip to China, Bangkok and Sri Lanka during August and was impressed with the quality of these projects.

The Company (GoConnect) will generate revenue from hospitality management contracts and will own significant assets from equity in selective projects. Jermajesty holdings has access to significant project finance and investment capital from international investors in Asia and the Middle East. The first Jermajesty Holdings Project to commence trading in 2014 is expected to be in China, in the city of Tianjin with over 300 rooms, followed by a second one in the Guangxi province in south west China with 400 rooms.

Jermajesty holdings is currently working with Sino-Investment Services Pty Ltd on the listing of the company on a major stock exchange by the end of 2013.

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20130830/pdf/42j2bq1scghn21.pdf

There are pictures of Jermaine in Sri Lanka ('looking for locations for a concert') in August 13 here:
http://colombogazette.com/2013/08/13/jermaine-jackson-visits-sri-lanka/

and in Bangkok, at the Westin Grand Hotel, (13 Aug 13) here:
https://www.facebook.com/WestinBangkok?filter=1

Mr. Jermaine Jackson (center), lead member of The Jackson 5, recently visited The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok as a personal guest of Mr. Prarob Mokaves (left), Chief Operating Officer – Hotels of Grande Asset Hotels and Property Public Company Limited. On hand to welcome them was Mr. Charles Jack (right) the hotel’s General Manager.

Last edited:
Thanks myosotis. Such a shame that ppb don't have access to their portions of mj's $1bn estate for decades to come, as this would have been an excellent investment opportunity for them. I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

^^ funny.

I am keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe this time, it will really work out and he could pay his childcare.

I never followed the J5 and I always thought Michael was the lead singer in the group but is it true that Jermaine was?

Back