Things you wish MJ did in his career!

AtlasAir

Proud Member
Just for fun I guess, have you ever thought MJ should have done certain things at any point in his career?

MTV Unplugged/VH1 Storytellers
I always thought he should have done an MTV Unplugged show (or at even VH1 Storytellers, which is almost the same thing except the artist talks about the song before they perform it).

Full studio album performances
Preferably after History or Invincible, it would have been cool if he did a brief residency in NY or LA and performed all of his studio albums in FULL over the course of several nights.
(Like, one night would be dedicated to TWO albums, including some b-side/cut material from said albums).

Thriller 25 LIVE
If he never did the idea above, then it would have been cool if he did 2 or 3 nights in New York of performing the THRILLER album (plus a handful of bonus tracks from that era) to promote/commemorate the THRILLER album.

It would have been sweet if he got The Roots as the band and 4 dancers and made 2 or 3 night stand at Radio City Music Hall (to air on TV later).

Ideally:
1.Wanna Be Startin Somethin'
2.Baby Be Mine
3.The Girl Is Mine (with PAUL MCCARTNEY)
4.Say Say Say (with PAUL MCCARTNEY)
5.For All Time
6.Thriller
7.Beat It (with VAN HALEN)
8.Billie Jean
9.Human Nature
10.Carousel
11.Someone In The Dark
12.PYT
13.Lady In My Life
14.We Are The World (with LIONEL RICHIE + others)

Last edited:
I agree about Unplugged. I would have loved him to perform his less known songs in such a concert. I'm pretty sure he could have made new fans with such a show. The closest that comes to that is some Jacksons concerts from the 70s

Great thread! Something that would have been awesome would have been a new album of Michael re-recording songs from his younger days.

One Day In Your Life
ABC
Maybe Tommorrow
Ben
Never Can Say Goodbye
Just A Little Bit Of You
Music And Me
Happy
The Love You Save
Ill Be There

Great thread! Something that would have been awesome would have been a new album of Michael re-recording songs from his younger days.

One Day In Your Life
ABC
Maybe Tommorrow
Ben
Never Can Say Goodbye
Just A Little Bit Of You
Music And Me
Happy
The Love You Save
Ill Be There

I completely agree with you 100% on that one ;)

Took some chances with his setlists, even if it was for just one or two concerts. I would have loved to see him perform songs like I Can't Help It, Get On The Floor, The Lady In My Life, Baby Be Mine, Liberian Girl, Leave Me Alone, Speed Demon. Who Is It, Give Into Me and Keep The Faith. Michael needed to trust that he had real fans in the audience and not just people who only know Thriller, Beat It and Billie Jean

I like the unplugged idea and doing all the old songs, he had such a beautiful tone and soul in his voice.

Hmmmmm things i wish mj did in his career...........................hit the paparazzi with a cold hard fish across their faces...

Hmmmmm things i wish mj did in his career...........................hit the paparazzi with a cold hard fish across their faces...

:lmao:

Fish_Slap_by_KyuubiDaGatorGirl.gif

* able to do the HBO 1995 special.
* toured or multiple concert sets for Invincible
* This is it concerts
* had the chance of showing his acting more
* at some point of his career do something to show his funny side like SNL..
* released one more album and supported it well
* had the opportunity where he felt it was OK to move back to Neverland
* did one more Neverland fan event
* took an unreleased Jackson 5 song/demo and made it into a duet
*performed at an award show in the 2000s Post trial supporting new music.
* performed remember the time, p.y.t, tabloid junkie, is it scary, unbreakable
* unplugged concert doing some songs hers never done. Lady in my life, whatever happens, smile, give into me.

Yas!
They have done skits about him, but they do skits about everyone in pop culture, so it's all fair game.

It would have been awesome if at some point he was the host AND musical guest.
He certainly didn't NEED to do it early on in his career, but it would have just been fun.

[QUOTE
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by KOPV
][/QUOTE]

Yes this! had he done that it wouldve been a big FU to those making creul jokes bout him .

Wouldve been good if he came behind say jimmy ( cant remember his last name im sure u all know who i mean) while he was making joke bout michael and michael be jokin bout him instead! that wouldve been classic

[QUOTE
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by KOPV
]

Yes this! had he done that it wouldve been a big FU to those making creul jokes bout him .

Wouldve been good if he came behind say jimmy ( cant remember his last name im sure u all know who i mean) while he was making joke bout michael and michael be jokin bout him instead! that wouldve been classic[/QUOTE]

Jimmy Fallon?

And I wouldn't say SNL is ever particularly cruel. They just parody and spoof a lot of pop culture stuff.

Anyhow, that might have even been cooler. Randomly come in on the Weekend Update.

Wouldve been good if he came behind say jimmy ( cant remember his last name im sure u all know who i mean) while he was making joke bout michael and michael be jokin bout him instead! that wouldve been classic

Jimmy Fallon?

And I wouldn't say SNL is ever particularly cruel. They just parody and spoof a lot of pop culture stuff.

Anyhow, that might have even been cooler. Randomly come in on the Weekend Update.[/QUOTE]

Yes thats who i was talking bout

but SNL has done a few mj jokes that were a bit tacky

Anyhow, that might have even been cooler. Randomly come in on the Weekend Update.

Yes thats who i was talking bout

but SNL has done a few mj jokes that were a bit tacky[/QUOTE]

If this SOOML demo sounds so beautiful simply because of Michael's voice and a guitar, imagine more typical unplugged instruments like violins, cellos, etc. :stars: I don't know why MTV didn't proposed that to him and if they did, it'd had been great if he'd accepted.

An 'MTV cribs' in Neverland or choosing a film maker friend of his to make a documentary about him instead of doing it with that scumbag Bashit.

I totally agree with the HBO One Night Only, Michael and Marcel Marceau would have been epic. I also agree about those ungrateful bastards Chandler, Arvizo and Robson.

To perform in the musical or in a movie, The Phantom Of The Opera. I'm pretty sure he'd had been an epic Phantom.

Winning an Oscar for Best Song.

Directing movies or having the chance to improve his acting.

Having the chance to show what TII would really be like.

To tell publicly to paparazzi to go f*ck themselves.

I really would have liked to see him dabble in acting some more, he would have been great!
To see him on the big screen would have been a bonus :wild:

been able to do HBO one night only special
perform on Grammy Awards in 08 (Paris claimed her father was going to perform "last year" when she made her speech at the award show)
performed "Liberian Girl" and "Leave Me Alone" on Bad Tour
Act and Direct more (We all know Michael was very inspired to do film)
Stay in Ireland (not really a career move.. but still)
Wrote another (more personal) biography after 2005
Never meet Bashir,Arvizo's, or Chandlers.

Not a career move but spend more wisely, so he could've stayed in Ireland and not force himself into This is It.. also have someone around him to tell him no. People who would've got rid of the Klein type in his life.

Career wise? Do a little more at the WMA 2006.. last time he looked really ready to return in his life, imo.

I really agree with you dam2040 and like some others have said I agree with the Invincible tour and biography after 2005. Would also have liked to seen Michael extend on
His Classical album
His Clothes range
His Acting/directing dream

Not a career move but spend more wisely, so he could've stayed in Ireland and not force himself into This is It.. also have someone around him to tell him no. People who would've got rid of the Klein type in his life.

Career wise? Do a little more at the WMA 2006.. last time he looked really ready to return in his life, imo.

He really needed a better accountant or something.
He was spending money like he had unlimited funds.

I wish that he would have wrote and composed an entire album all by himself. The closest we ever got to that happening was the Bad album

Last edited:
Reactions: xam
•I wish he would've married me ^.^
•Take a bat, and just start swinging it (whichever person gets hit (the paps) then too bad)
•I wish he did MTV Unplugged (definitely)
•Had one more kid..with Chilli from TLC (or Left Eye, or Aaliyah had they still been alive)
•Cuss the mess out of his haters!
•Gotten married to a girl who wasn't known, but she was just his type. And she didn't use him.
•Had an Invincible World Tour (that would've been awesome!)
•Played on The Cosby Show or A Different World (especially during the Bad era..he would've played one sexy college student)
•Have an actual tabloid burning

^An actual tabloid burning would had been epic. :yes:

He gave lots of money for his mother, father and useless brothers. How I wished he'd had said NO to his mother, we know she manipulated him to give money to them. Michael was a milking cow bank for them, they asked for too much and got advantage of him. Related to that, I'd had liked he had a better judgement towards people and not letting crooks to come into his life that easily.

during the Bad era..he would've played one sexy college student)

Actually he did sorta in the begininng of the bad video he played a college student!

Back