Achievements:
    VeteranTagger First Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,576 Times in 598 Posts

Default Re: Book: "Will You Be My Friend?" by Michael Jacobshagen

Quote Originally Posted by Petrarose View Post
    ^^Ratner couldn't recall anything.
    He couldn't recall Michael's treatments - which I'm grateful for: one doctor who still cares about his patient's privacy. But he said "No" twice to questions whether he went on a tour with Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrarose View Post
    If he traveled with 2 docs after the Viennese show, why does he say he traveled with 2 docs for the history tour. He either had 2 docs part of the tour or all through the tour; which is it?
    It's actually part of the tour after Vienna, not the whole tour. I didn't clarify it enough in my first post. I meant "at all times" starting a certain point. I'm not going to retell the book anymore and bring in another link in the chain. Those who have questions can buy it and read. He also has a facebook page.

Quote Originally Posted by Mneme View Post
    Or maybe is W. Jacobshagen's source?
    I'm pretty sure he talks to Wiesner because he mentions him favorably once in the book. As far as I understand, both of them are from the same part of Germany.
    Last edited by morinen; 08-09-2013 at 11:08 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morinen For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

Last edited by Mneme; 09-09-2013 at 02:58 AM. Reason: unneccessary

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 985
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,247 Times in 4,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Electro View Post
    The authors of the french Black & White magazin, who spent much time with Michael on the Dangerous and HIStory Tours reported similar things, that during the end of the HIStory Tour Michael was in such a bad condition that he nearly died. Does anyone have the Text? I think it was the farewell edition of the magazin after Michaels death, where they told their full history with MJ.
    Yes so what does it mean? The thing is, if you are writing a book, it is up to you to give a good explanation of things by finding out what took place. I don't read books for guesswork. Did the guy who write the Friend book get this information from the editors of the French Black or White^^? The trial gave me a good picture of what happened with Dangerous. If you can't explain something properly, it is best to leave it alone.

It does not make sense all these people making a blanket statement. To me, a fan should know that. It is the same type of writing we get from tabloids--"At the end he was on the edge due to a drug overdose." How about something like: "According to his tour manager or dancers, due to taking XYZ for ABC during a period of 2 weeks, to treat LST, Michael suffered from QURS. The doctors said that if the condition had remained unchecked for another day, most likely he would have died." I want to see something like that. Anything else sounds like tabloid writing, and I have no time for it. I don't care if 6 papers say the same thing, because it is still not clear. It does not say all the different where's, what's, why's, when's, how's, & all the who's.

I think it is time for fans to stop supporting this form of writing, and I don't understand how a fan can condone it simply because it does not take up most of the book. We cannot complain about this form of writing, if we as fans do the same thing. When it comes to Michael, information in texts must be explained thoroughly. I think we are aware that it is this pervasive vague, distorted, ambiguous statements that can be interpreted in various ways, that have been a major problem for Michael. There is no need to perpetuate it after his death, and especially not by fans.

Mnemn yes I have that Debbie testimony.

Now that German article, what does it say in English?

About Weisner: then this author needs to go to Weisner and ask for a full explanation of the situation. The thing is I am not disagreeing about his condition, but that the information needs to be fully explained in a more detailed manner. He needs to do some more research on it; or better yet, next time, stick to what he knows first hand.
    Last edited by Petrarose; 09-09-2013 at 12:18 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Petrarose For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 52.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,114 Times in 9,072 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Electro View Post
    The authors of the french Black & White magazin, who spent much time with Michael on the Dangerous and HIStory Tours reported similar things, that during the end of the HIStory Tour Michael was in such a bad condition that he nearly died. Does anyone have the Text? I think it was the farewell edition of the magazin after Michaels death, where they told their full history with MJ.
    Such statements are very problematic and aren't free of personal biases. I mean they tell this story after MJ's death, after knowing how he died. So they go back to HIStory tour and tell a story about that - 12-13 years in the hindsight - that he "nearly died" back then.

I don't dispute the fact MJ had insomnia on the HIStory tour, propofol use etc. and I can see how that made him be in a bad condition by the end of it. But I'm not sure if it's fortunate to use over-dramatic terms such as "nearly died". Who says that? Based on what? Is it a doctor's opinion or is it just an over-dramatic fan opinion?
    Last edited by HIStory; 09-09-2013 at 09:20 AM.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HIStory For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by respect77 View Post
    Such statements are very problematic and aren't free of personal biases. I mean they tell this story after MJ's death, after knowing how he died. So they go back to HIStory tour and tell a story about that - 12-13 years in the hindsight - that he "nearly died" back then.

I don't dispute the fact MJ had insomnia on the HIStory tour, propofol use etc. and I can see how that made him be in a bad condition by the end of it. But I'm not sure if it's fortunate to use over-dramatic terms such as "nearly died". Who says that? Based on what? Is it a doctor's opinion or is it just an over-dramatic fan opinion?
    That is my point exactly. I hope future fan authors will do some good research and write things clearer. Hopefully people pass their manuscripts around for comments before it is published. That is a good way to get some good critiques and tighten up loose ends.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Petrarose For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 288
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Long time I didnīt react to anything in this discussion forums. But in relate to this book itīs my duty to break my silence!!! I befriended M. Jacobshagen for nearly 3 years. i spoke to him on phone regularly and had met him on several fan events. Yes, for some fans in the German area his name is well known. but basically not always in positive memories. on this point i donīt want to discuss our private troubles that ended our friendship.
    Itīs really about warning the fans in believing his stories! I SWEAR TO MY SON ......Now matter how, but I can proof that this man is lying in his book!
    YES itīs true he met Michael Jackson in 1998 FIRST AND ONLY TIME and had the big chance to spend one day with him including visiting Circus Krone and having dinner together with MJ and another family from Hamburg (< father is associate at Sony Music and Michael dedicated his song SPEECHLESS to his son Anton).....
    ......well, further on M.Jacobshagen claimed in his book he would had spent nearly both legs of the History Tour with Jackson and his staff......Business Partners and close associates of M.Avram can confirm today that Jacobshagen never had been seen during any other event relating to the History Tour: NEVER! anytime, any place.........
    Also very alarming is that Jacobshagen used the platform BILD ZEITUNG ( which is famous for its gossip BS!) Two times in the last 5 month Jacobshagen searched the papers attention to promote his book due telling the BILD stories about MJīs false medical treatment ! That scared me to hear from a "friend of Michael Jackson" ...no matter the stories are true or not!
    Well, to end my post here once again i only want to warn the public out there. Donīt believe just a half in his book! I really donīt want to say more bout it!

R.I.P Michael Jackson

"Do forgive THEM , GOD.....cause they donīt know what THEY are doing! "
    Last edited by MJsBack; 10-09-2013 at 03:14 AM.

11. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to MJsBack For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,880 Times in 5,167 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morinen View Post
    One of the boys whom Michael befriended in the 90s, Michael Jacobshagen, released a book on MJ's 55th birthday called "Will You Be My Friend?"

http://www.amazon.com/Will-You-Be-My...ref=pd_sim_b_1

He mostly talks about his personal childhood experience with Michael, but also mentions some important things - the insomnia and prescription drug issues MJ had during the HIStory tour, and what a strain it was for him to complete the tour in 1997.

The book's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Micha...16877821707577

Why the need to talk about it? *big sigh* Well, if he really was there .....
    Love does not see with the eyes but with the heart. (Shakespeare)

MICHAEL, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH... BECAUSE YOU EVOKE THE BEST IN ME.
    "If we can dream, we can do." (Walt Disney)
    TWITTER: Shanti2511

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashtanga For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MJsBack View Post
    Long time I didnīt react to anything in this discussion forums. But in relate to this book itīs my duty to break my silence!!! I befriended M. Jacobshagen for nearly 3 years. i spoke to him on phone regularly and had met him on several fan events. Yes, for some fans in the German area his name is well known. but basically not always in positive memories. on this point i donīt want to discuss our private troubles that ended our friendship.
    Itīs really about warning the fans in believing his stories! I SWEAR TO MY SON ......Now matter how, but I can proof that this man is lying in his book!
    YES itīs true he met Michael Jackson in 1998 FIRST AND ONLY TIME and had the big chance to spend one day with him including visiting Circus Krone and having dinner together with MJ and another family from Hamburg (< father is associate at Sony Music and Michael dedicated his song SPEECHLESS to his son Anton).....
    ......well, further on M.Jacobshagen claimed in his book he would had spent nearly both legs of the History Tour with Jackson and his staff......Business Partners and close associates of M.Avram can confirm today that Jacobshagen never had been seen during any other event relating to the History Tour: NEVER! anytime, any place.........
    Also very alarming is that Jacobshagen used the platform BILD ZEITUNG ( which is famous for its gossip BS!) Two times in the last 5 month Jacobshagen searched the papers attention to promote his book due telling the BILD stories about MJīs false medical treatment ! That scared me to hear from a "friend of Michael Jackson" ...no matter the stories are true or not!
    Well, to end my post here once again i only want to warn the public out there. Donīt believe just a half in his book! I really donīt want to say more bout it!

R.I.P Michael Jackson

Interesting. To me alone his friendship with Dieter Wiesner gives reason to be on alert, plus I checked out that FB page of his and it seems he's trying to use MJ's name for his own business benefits, which is not cool. MiJac? Is he allowed to use that name at all? Maybe he is in Germany, I don't know, but it is misleading, because it is not THE MiJac of MJ.

< father is associate at Sony Music and Michael dedicated his song SPEECHLESS to his son Anton).....
    Just a small correction: Michael dedicated Speechless to Anton AND Anton's sister. I think it's important to point out knowing what the media tends to do with such things.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to HIStory For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MJsBack View Post

R.I.P Michael Jackson

Thank you, but have you considered doing a book review and state what things in the book need to be corrected? You have the background information. I think that would be more valuable than only posting in this thread.

This is one of the reasons I treat all books with a very critical eye. The first alert was him giving medical information when he was supposed to be a child.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Petrarose For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I will get this book, it sounds interesting.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 87
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

Michael didn't have problems in History, but in Dangerous tour...all these people should stick with what they've witnessed and not tell stories they've heard from others...
    Moonwalker Romania

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mjjmsc For This Useful Post:

Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,880 Times in 5,167 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mjjmsc View Post
    all these people should stick with what they've witnessed and not tell stories they've heard from others...
    "stick with what they've Witnessed OR not tell stories they've heard from others" >>> in both situations there will be a lot of misinformation. Believe or not believe what is being counted. I prefer to believe ONLY in Michael because he is the only reliable source. But as he is not here () to tell with his own mouth to us.... I completely ignore all these stories. -_-
    Love does not see with the eyes but with the heart. (Shakespeare)

MICHAEL, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH... BECAUSE YOU EVOKE THE BEST IN ME.
    "If we can dream, we can do." (Walt Disney)
    TWITTER: Shanti2511

*Completly dry*

I don't personally know the author, but to support MJsBack's posting, here is a video of an interview with him (he still used his real name back then...) from 1998, which I found on youtube, where he and his mom talk about how he met MJ for the first time in 1998.

23. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to *Completly dry* For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

I got to know the author of this book in 1998, when he met Michael for the FIRST time in Munich. He was 13 then and has been a regular fan...he DID NOT meet Michael before march 1998 nor did he ever meet or talk to him afterwards!
    I know that for a fact!
    I have not read his book, but whatever he writes there about being on tour with MJ...it is 100% FALSE!
    He also is not a friend of Dieter Wiesner as it was said here before...he maybe tried to use that claim as well as the german gossip newspaper BILD only to promote his book.

I can only back what MJsBack and Completely dry have said before...BE CAREFUL, this guy is lying for sure!!!

And for those who do not understand german...in the video posted before, he tells himself in 1998 that he met Michael the first time in March 1998 in Munich, his mother tells the same...so when he claims now that he was on tour with MJ in 1997 - itīs a LIE!!
    "not childish...but childlike"

25. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BavlovesMJ For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by *Completly dry* View Post
    I don't personally know the author, but to support MJsBack's posting, here is a video of an interview with him (he still used his real name back then...) from 1998, which I found on youtube, where he and his mom talk about how he met MJ for the first time in 1998.

That settles the case then about the credibility of this guy then. He was never on the HIStory tour with Michael, he first met him in 1998...

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HIStory For This Useful Post: