Michael Jacobshagen - All Discussion Here [MERGED]

morinen

Proud Member
One of the boys whom Michael befriended in the 90s, Michael Jacobshagen, released a book on MJ's 55th birthday called "Will You Be My Friend?"

41aBRbozkgL._.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Will-You-Be-My-Friend/dp/3848232421/ref=pd_sim_b_1

It's his tribute to Michael. The book is thin - about 100 pages if you exude the pictures, and it's written in a not very good English, but I appreciated stories he had to tell. He mostly talks about his personal childhood experience with Michael, but also mentions some important things - the insomnia and prescription drug issues MJ had during the HIStory tour, and what a strain it was for him to complete the tour in 1997. Reading this, you clearly see that Michael shouldn't have ever been allowed to plan another tour by medical reasons alone :(

He also mentions how much Michael HATED remixes of his songs, and how he didn't want to release BOTDF compilation; how "Smile" single was cancelled after Michael had refused to appear on a TV show.

Michael's childlike side really comes forward when Jacobshagen describes their past time and hide-and-seek games they played together, and how Michael always went out of his way to make sure that the kids around him were happy. It's heartwarming, but also sad knowing how that turned out for Michael. And what's important, Jacobshagen defends MJ against the allegations. I really appreciate him coming forward and doing this at this time, against Robson's claims. I hope fans will support this book and someone will send a gift copy to Diane Dimond.

Drawbacks:
The book is short, and although there are a few new photos, they are of terrible quality. In the last chapters he talks about Michael's last years which he didn't personally witness, and even speculates about the murder conspiracy a little bit. I would have preferred if he had written more about the Michael he knew instead. The grammar could benefit from an English-speaking editor. But even with all that, I think it's a nice tribute from a friend.

The book's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michael-WILL-You-Be-MY-Friend-von-Michael-Jacobshagen/416877821707577

Re: Book: "Will You Be My Friend?" by Michael Jacobshagen

Thanks. Does he specifically say anything about Wade?

I think I remember this kid... I remember seeing him with Michael on the German news, how they went to the zoo with Prince.

Michael Jacobshagen A true friend :huggy:

Thanks. Does he specifically say anything about Wade?

No, he mentions the past two allegations and speaks about the trial.

Sounds like a mostly truthful book but speculating about something he didn't witness, was it really necessary?

I appreciate too those kind of anecdotes because it gives me an idea how Michael the human being was.

How does he know about the History tour and insomnia if he was a childhood friend of Michael's? I thought this person was around Michael when he was little, like Alfonse. Did an adult give him some information about that? Strange that in the book I am reading, those who went to the History tour, met Michael, and talked to him, don't see that strain. It is so interesting how different people see Michael at the same time and have different knowledge of how he seems.

How does he know about the History tour and insomnia if he was a childhood friend of Michael's? I thought this person was around Michael when he was little, like Alfonse. Did an adult give him some information about that? Strange that in the book I am reading, those who went to the History tour, met Michael, and talked to him, don't see that strain. It is so interesting how different people see Michael at the same time and have different knowledge of how he seems.

He spent time with Michael during and after HIStory tour and he says he saw things. He says Michael traveled with two doctors at all times. He says MJ's problems with medication weren't a secret for his entourage. He says once Michael nearly died of a circulatory collapse and was in critical condition.

Michael was very private, secreteve even about his personal business, and I suppose he took measures to prevent people around from knowing things. Also not everyone from his circle chooses to talk about these things now.

He says once Michael nearly died of a circulatory collapse and was in critical condition.

When? During the tour? Wouldn't critical condition have meant that MJ should have cancelled many dates? I mean you don't just go on touring after having "nearly died" and being in "critical condition".

He was a kid about 9 years and really doubt he saw anything about doctors and treatments and I really don`t appreciate that his first medium is the German Bildzeitung to make up some drug-related stories about Michael.

He was a kid about 9 years and really doubt he saw anything about doctors and treatments and I really don`t appreciate that his first medium is the German Bildzeitung to make up some drug-related stories about Michael.

That is why I am asking these questions. If you travel with Michael as a kid, you will not be in the room with the docs, especially as he said Michael was very private about his business. Did he almost die in his bedroom? Who treated that circulation problem and which country did it happen in? When you are in critical condition, you end up in some intensive care facility. Did Michael go to a private clinic? We know about 1 doctor (Ratner) traveling with him. This guy says 2 did at all times. Who are these 2? Is he talking about the one for the crew? We have more drug information from the AEG trial, but still I have to examine what people say about these issues. People may try to add their stories, like Karen knowing all the time that Michael would die.

Annita do you mean he was interviewed by or published in the German Bildzeitung?

Since I am on negative overload due to the trial, I don't know if I will buy this even with the good parts about the allegations.

I don't think Ratner was on HIStory tour - not according to his deposition at least. Jacobshagen mentions "Doctor S from Munich" who was "an intensive care physician and anesthetist" - it's most probably Stroll or whatever was the name of that doctor from Germany that Debbie mentioned in her testimony.

Regarding the circulatory collapse, he says it happened in 1997, in the aftermath of the concert in Viennese Ernst Happel Stadium, and after that everyone knew about MJs problems. Since that incident two doctors started accompanying Michael around Europe. Jacobshagen also says Michael wanted to cancel the remainder of the tour, but didn't want to disappoint his fans.

Correction: the "critical condition" he mentions was another occasion, on October 97, not the Vienna one. And he didn't witness it personally. This is what he writes:
"As I later learned, in October 1997 there was a truly critical moment: Michael had been on the edge and would have nearly died by overdose or at least gone to critical care unit. It was sheer luck that incident did not get out to the media."

Considering it's from someone else's words, it may be an exaggeration. But overall this book is not about drug addiction, and he only mentions these things to show how hard touring was for Michael (in the light of his death).

Last edited:

^^Ratner couldn't recall anything. Debbie said on 2 occasions 2 German docs came to put him to sleep. The first time they brought their equipment and put him to sleep. The next night or some other night he could not sleep again and the docs were called. They told him he could not do this again. Now she never said these 2 docs traveled with Michael, so who are these 2 docs?

If he traveled with 2 docs after the Viennese show, why does he say he traveled with 2 docs for the history tour. He either had 2 docs part of the tour or all through the tour; which is it? Who told him about the circulatory collapse? A kid is not going to know the name of something that happened to someone. Who told him the word circulatory collapse? How do they know he would have nearly died? How? Michael was on the "edge" and nearly died from an "overdose." Overdose of what? If he had 2 docs traveling with him, who overdosed him? There is nothing in his account that shows a drug was being taken for a ligit reason. It is just a vague drug reference about overdose, almost died, collapse, 2 doctors. Maybe this guy will have a question and answer session on his facebook or something, because I have a lot of questions.

This is what I find irritating about these things, where they just throw some disjointed information out with no context to it: Maybe 3 things are happening here but we don't know. a) there maybe some painkiller drugs involved, since he is dancing and has a problem back; b) propofol could be involved because he can't sleep; c) another illness could pop in and some meds given. However, we don't know, so he throws out this as though Michael had these 2 big issues due to drug addiction/overdose. If he can't explain what happened he should not write about it. He does not even mention what the docs were supposed to do? So, are the docs there to shoot him up with drugs so he overdose, or are they there to help Michael have sleep. From the way he writes it, what idea do you think people will come out with?

It has nothing to do with "the book is not about drug addiction." These days when I buy something like this that is not an essential product, I want good facts unless you say someone told you and you are just retelling what they say. If he is writing a story about his friendship, just write what you know. It is not a friendship if you have to ask people what happened? This is my problem with these types of accounts. You are either writing about you and the man having an experience together, or you are writing something like a researched piece where you are gathering information from others. Now I won't know if what he said about their relationship is his own account.

What I think happened is that to get this information for the book, this guy went to people who were part of the history tour and asked them what happened to Michael.

If I have to do a book review, I would put all these issues I have in it, and then add the good points and hopefully tell the reader most of the book shows the author had first hand knowledge of what he writes.

/Annita,
look at what I have found:
https://www.facebook.com/Mysterydrink

What do you mean --- is Jacobshagen promoting Wiesner's limonata or is Wiesner promoting Jabobshagen's book or both reciprocal?
Or maybe is W. Jacobshagen's source?

edit:

Really, it seems M. Jacobshagen uses Michael Jackson for other business too:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MiJac-Entertainment/398890106845921

Is "MiJac" not protected?

Last edited:

The authors of the french Black & White magazin, who spent much time with Michael on the Dangerous and HIStory Tours reported similar things, that during the end of the HIStory Tour Michael was in such a bad condition that he nearly died. Does anyone have the Text? I think it was the farewell edition of the magazin after Michaels death, where they told their full history with MJ.

^^Ratner couldn't recall anything.

He couldn't recall Michael's treatments - which I'm grateful for: one doctor who still cares about his patient's privacy. But he said "No" twice to questions whether he went on a tour with Michael.

If he traveled with 2 docs after the Viennese show, why does he say he traveled with 2 docs for the history tour. He either had 2 docs part of the tour or all through the tour; which is it?

It's actually part of the tour after Vienna, not the whole tour. I didn't clarify it enough in my first post. I meant "at all times" starting a certain point. I'm not going to retell the book anymore and bring in another link in the chain. Those who have questions can buy it and read. He also has a facebook page.

Or maybe is W. Jacobshagen's source?

I'm pretty sure he talks to Wiesner because he mentions him favorably once in the book. As far as I understand, both of them are from the same part of Germany.

Last edited:

The authors of the french Black & White magazin, who spent much time with Michael on the Dangerous and HIStory Tours reported similar things, that during the end of the HIStory Tour Michael was in such a bad condition that he nearly died. Does anyone have the Text? I think it was the farewell edition of the magazin after Michaels death, where they told their full history with MJ.

Yes so what does it mean? The thing is, if you are writing a book, it is up to you to give a good explanation of things by finding out what took place. I don't read books for guesswork. Did the guy who write the Friend book get this information from the editors of the French Black or White^^? The trial gave me a good picture of what happened with Dangerous. If you can't explain something properly, it is best to leave it alone.

It does not make sense all these people making a blanket statement. To me, a fan should know that. It is the same type of writing we get from tabloids--"At the end he was on the edge due to a drug overdose." How about something like: "According to his tour manager or dancers, due to taking XYZ for ABC during a period of 2 weeks, to treat LST, Michael suffered from QURS. The doctors said that if the condition had remained unchecked for another day, most likely he would have died." I want to see something like that. Anything else sounds like tabloid writing, and I have no time for it. I don't care if 6 papers say the same thing, because it is still not clear. It does not say all the different where's, what's, why's, when's, how's, & all the who's.

I think it is time for fans to stop supporting this form of writing, and I don't understand how a fan can condone it simply because it does not take up most of the book. We cannot complain about this form of writing, if we as fans do the same thing. When it comes to Michael, information in texts must be explained thoroughly. I think we are aware that it is this pervasive vague, distorted, ambiguous statements that can be interpreted in various ways, that have been a major problem for Michael. There is no need to perpetuate it after his death, and especially not by fans.

Mnemn yes I have that Debbie testimony.

Now that German article, what does it say in English?

About Weisner: then this author needs to go to Weisner and ask for a full explanation of the situation. The thing is I am not disagreeing about his condition, but that the information needs to be fully explained in a more detailed manner. He needs to do some more research on it; or better yet, next time, stick to what he knows first hand.

Last edited:

Such statements are very problematic and aren't free of personal biases. I mean they tell this story after MJ's death, after knowing how he died. So they go back to HIStory tour and tell a story about that - 12-13 years in the hindsight - that he "nearly died" back then.

I don't dispute the fact MJ had insomnia on the HIStory tour, propofol use etc. and I can see how that made him be in a bad condition by the end of it. But I'm not sure if it's fortunate to use over-dramatic terms such as "nearly died". Who says that? Based on what? Is it a doctor's opinion or is it just an over-dramatic fan opinion?

Last edited:

Such statements are very problematic and aren't free of personal biases. I mean they tell this story after MJ's death, after knowing how he died. So they go back to HIStory tour and tell a story about that - 12-13 years in the hindsight - that he "nearly died" back then.

I don't dispute the fact MJ had insomnia on the HIStory tour, propofol use etc. and I can see how that made him be in a bad condition by the end of it. But I'm not sure if it's fortunate to use over-dramatic terms such as "nearly died". Who says that? Based on what? Is it a doctor's opinion or is it just an over-dramatic fan opinion?

That is my point exactly. I hope future fan authors will do some good research and write things clearer. Hopefully people pass their manuscripts around for comments before it is published. That is a good way to get some good critiques and tighten up loose ends.

Long time I didn´t react to anything in this discussion forums. But in relate to this book it´s my duty to break my silence!!! I befriended M. Jacobshagen for nearly 3 years. i spoke to him on phone regularly and had met him on several fan events. Yes, for some fans in the German area his name is well known. but basically not always in positive memories. on this point i don´t want to discuss our private troubles that ended our friendship.
It´s really about warning the fans in believing his stories! I SWEAR TO MY SON ......Now matter how, but I can proof that this man is lying in his book!
YES it´s true he met Michael Jackson in 1998 FIRST AND ONLY TIME and had the big chance to spend one day with him including visiting Circus Krone and having dinner together with MJ and another family from Hamburg (< father is associate at Sony Music and Michael dedicated his song SPEECHLESS to his son Anton).....
......well, further on M.Jacobshagen claimed in his book he would had spent nearly both legs of the History Tour with Jackson and his staff......Business Partners and close associates of M.Avram can confirm today that Jacobshagen never had been seen during any other event relating to the History Tour: NEVER! anytime, any place.........
Also very alarming is that Jacobshagen used the platform BILD ZEITUNG (<german newspaper="" [identical="" to="" mirror="" in="" uk]="" )
which is famous for its gossip BS!) Two times in the last 5 month Jacobshagen searched the papers attention to promote his book due telling the BILD stories about MJ´s false medical treatment ! That scared me to hear from a "friend of Michael Jackson" ...no matter the stories are true or not!
Well, to end my post here once again i only want to warn the public out there. Don´t believe just a half in his book! I really don´t want to say more bout it!

R.I.P Michael Jackson

"Do forgive THEM , GOD.....cause they don´t know what THEY are doing! "</german>

Last edited:

One of the boys whom Michael befriended in the 90s, Michael Jacobshagen, released a book on MJ's 55th birthday called "Will You Be My Friend?"

41aBRbozkgL._.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Will-You-Be-My-Friend/dp/3848232421/ref=pd_sim_b_1

He mostly talks about his personal childhood experience with Michael, but also mentions some important things - the insomnia and prescription drug issues MJ had during the HIStory tour, and what a strain it was for him to complete the tour in 1997.

The book's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michael-WILL-You-Be-MY-Friend-von-Michael-Jacobshagen/416877821707577

Why the need to talk about it? :wtf2 *big sigh* Well, if he really was there ..... :fear:

MJsBack;3900855 said:
Long time I didn´t react to anything in this discussion forums. But in relate to this book it´s my duty to break my silence!!! I befriended M. Jacobshagen for nearly 3 years. i spoke to him on phone regularly and had met him on several fan events. Yes, for some fans in the German area his name is well known. but basically not always in positive memories. on this point i don´t want to discuss our private troubles that ended our friendship.
It´s really about warning the fans in believing his stories! I SWEAR TO MY SON ......Now matter how, but I can proof that this man is lying in his book!
YES it´s true he met Michael Jackson in 1998 FIRST AND ONLY TIME and had the big chance to spend one day with him including visiting Circus Krone and having dinner together with MJ and another family from Hamburg (< father is associate at Sony Music and Michael dedicated his song SPEECHLESS to his son Anton).....
......well, further on M.Jacobshagen claimed in his book he would had spent nearly both legs of the History Tour with Jackson and his staff......Business Partners and close associates of M.Avram can confirm today that Jacobshagen never had been seen during any other event relating to the History Tour: NEVER! anytime, any place.........
Also very alarming is that Jacobshagen used the platform BILD ZEITUNG (<german newspaper="" [identical="" to="" mirror="" in="" uk]="" )
which is famous for its gossip BS!) Two times in the last 5 month Jacobshagen searched the papers attention to promote his book due telling the BILD stories about MJ´s false medical treatment ! That scared me to hear from a "friend of Michael Jackson" ...no matter the stories are true or not!
Well, to end my post here once again i only want to warn the public out there. Don´t believe just a half in his book! I really don´t want to say more bout it!

R.I.P Michael Jackson

"Do forgive THEM , GOD.....cause they don´t know what THEY are doing! "</german>

Interesting. To me alone his friendship with Dieter Wiesner gives reason to be on alert, plus I checked out that FB page of his and it seems he's trying to use MJ's name for his own business benefits, which is not cool. MiJac? Is he allowed to use that name at all? Maybe he is in Germany, I don't know, but it is misleading, because it is not THE MiJac of MJ.

< father is associate at Sony Music and Michael dedicated his song SPEECHLESS to his son Anton).....

Just a small correction: Michael dedicated Speechless to Anton AND Anton's sister. I think it's important to point out knowing what the media tends to do with such things.

MJsBack;3900855 said:

R.I.P Michael Jackson

Thank you, but have you considered doing a book review and state what things in the book need to be corrected? You have the background information. I think that would be more valuable than only posting in this thread.

This is one of the reasons I treat all books with a very critical eye. The first alert was him giving medical information when he was supposed to be a child.

I will get this book, it sounds interesting.

Michael didn't have problems in History, but in Dangerous tour...all these people should stick with what they've witnessed and not tell stories they've heard from others...

all these people should stick with what they've witnessed and not tell stories they've heard from others...

"stick with what they've Witnessed OR not tell stories they've heard from others" >>> in both situations there will be a lot of misinformation. Believe or not believe what is being counted. I prefer to believe ONLY in Michael because he is the only reliable source. But as he is not here :)cry:) to tell with his own mouth to us.... I completely ignore all these stories. -_-

I don't personally know the author, but to support MJsBack's posting, here is a video of an interview with him (he still used his real name back then...) from 1998, which I found on youtube, where he and his mom talk about how he met MJ for the first time in 1998.

I got to know the author of this book in 1998, when he met Michael for the FIRST time in Munich. He was 13 then and has been a regular fan...he DID NOT meet Michael before march 1998 nor did he ever meet or talk to him afterwards!
I know that for a fact!
I have not read his book, but whatever he writes there about being on tour with MJ...it is 100% FALSE!
He also is not a friend of Dieter Wiesner as it was said here before...he maybe tried to use that claim as well as the german gossip newspaper BILD only to promote his book.

I can only back what MJsBack and Completely dry have said before...BE CAREFUL, this guy is lying for sure!!!

And for those who do not understand german...in the video posted before, he tells himself in 1998 that he met Michael the first time in March 1998 in Munich, his mother tells the same...so when he claims now that he was on tour with MJ in 1997 - it´s a LIE!!

I don't personally know the author, but to support MJsBack's posting, here is a video of an interview with him (he still used his real name back then...) from 1998, which I found on youtube, where he and his mom talk about how he met MJ for the first time in 1998.

That settles the case then about the credibility of this guy then. He was never on the HIStory tour with Michael, he first met him in 1998...

Back