Proud Member
From Cherry Pop Records:

1239716_10151919219789859_1544125696_n.jpg

...You're gonna get rocked - again!

LA TOYA JACKSON - YOU'RE GONNA GET ROCKED! Deluxe Edition
Cherry Pop CRPOPD 142
Released 25th November 2013

Available to pre-order now - http://amzn.to/LaToyaRocks

"You’re Gonna Get Rocked!", the fifth studio album from international pop icon La Toya Jackson, is given a Deluxe Edition reissue on Cherry Pop.

Originally released in 1988, "You’re Gonna Get Rocked!" was a major departure from La Toya’s earlier material and found her targeting the international market with a host of high-profile collaborators, including synthpop legend Harold Faltermeyer, hip hop innovators Full Force and pop production powerhouse Stock Aitken Waterman. The chart hits "Ain’t Nobody Loves You (Like I Do)" and the title track feature alongside further single releases "Tell Me (She Means Nothing To You At All)", "You Blew" and "Such A Wicked Love".

Digitally remastered direct from the master tapes, this Deluxe Edition also features extensive bonus material. La Toya’s previously unreleased original recording of Nia Peeples’ 1988 hit "Trouble", produced by Steve Harvey, has been mixed especially for this release, which also contains a comprehensive collection of sought-after remixes – including an unheard 1988 remix of the SAW track "Tell Me (She Means Nothing To You At All)" from PWL’s Pete Hammond and a host of others on CD for the very first time.

The extensive booklet also features a reversible cover, additional photos, a fully illustrated discography and recording data, lyrics, new sleeve notes written especially for this release and exclusive personal input from La Toya herself.

The fifth child of music’s most famous family, La Toya Jackson needs little introduction. Since her chart debut in 1980, she has made her mark as a Grammy-winning songwriter, singer, twice-bestselling author, businesswoman, philanthropist and inimitable icon of popular culture. Most recently, appearances on "Celebrity Apprentice", "America’s Next Top Model" and "RuPaul’s Drag Race" have been followed with La Toya’s own reality TV show, "Life With La Toya", on the Oprah Winfrey Network, and an off-Broadway guest appearance in "NEWSical The Musical".

"You’re Gonna Get Rocked!" finally follows up the very first Cherry Pop title, La Toya’s debut album "La Toya Jackson", and is the latest in a long line of popular PWL-related reissues.

Watch the trailer, with clips of "Trouble" and the remix of "(Tell Me) She Means Nothing To You At All," here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQfSQOI_yUc

Disc One

1. YOU’RE GONNA GET ROCKED!
2. YOU BLEW
3. SUCH A WICKED LOVE
4. NOT GIVING UP ON LOVE
5. IF I COULD GET TO YOU
6. TURN ON THE RADIO
7. JUST SAY NO
8. DOES IT REALLY MATTER?
9. TELL ME (SHE MEANS NOTHING TO YOU AT ALL)
10. (AIN’T NOBODY LOVES YOU) LIKE I DO

Bonus Tracks

11 TROUBLE *
12. YOU’RE GONNA GET ROCKED! 12" Remix +
13. SUCH A WICKED LOVE FF Remix +
14. (AIN’T NOBODY LOVES YOU) LIKE I DO Extended Version +
15. TROUBLE Extended Version *

Disc Two

1. YOU’RE GONNA GET ROCKED! US Radio Edit +
2. SUCH A WICKED LOVE FF Remix Edit +
3. TELL ME (SHE MEANS NOTHING TO YOU AT ALL) Remix *
4. (AIN’T NOBODY LOVES YOU) LIKE I DO Original 12” Mix *
5. JUST SAY NO Original Mix *
6. YOU’RE GONNA GET ROCKED! 7” Edit +
7. YOU BLEW 7” Edit +
8. SUCH A WICKED LOVE 7” Edit +
9. DOES IT REALLY MATTER? 7” Edit +
10. YOU’RE GONNA GET ROCKED! Full Force Hard-Core Mix +
11. (AIN’T NOBODY LOVES YOU) LIKE I DO Instrumental *
12. TELL ME (SHE MEANS NOTHING TO YOU AT ALL) Instrumental *
13. YOU’RE GONNA GET ROCKED! Dub +
14. SUCH A WICKED LOVE FF Remix Instrumental +
15. TROUBLE Instrumental *
16. TELL ME (SHE MEANS NOTHING TO YOU AT ALL) Remix Instrumental *
17. YOU’RE GONNA GET ROCKED! Bonus Beats +

* Previously unreleased
+ First time on CD

Pre-order now @ http://amzn.to/LaToyaRocks

Every time I read a bio of LaToya these days, it always states that she's a Grammy winning songwriter-but I can't find what song she wrote that won a Grammy. Does anybody know?

She won for having written for Jimmy Cliff's "Cliff Hanger" LP.

tumblr_min1azEQq71r116s7o1_400.gif
:puke:

Seriously, who would buy this crap? :bugeyed

Every time I read a bio of LaToya these days, it always states that she's a Grammy winning songwriter-but I can't find what song she wrote that won a Grammy. Does anybody know?

Grammy? La Toya does not have much talent for it. Well, if she has some talent .... Just look at what she is today and ask yourself: what she did grandiose in life? Nothing. :fear:

Last edited:
I bought that album 1989, because I was curious of what she sounded like. Wasn't worth the money. I broke it into pieces and threw it in the garbage 1993...

tumblr_min1azEQq71r116s7o1_400.gif
:puke:

Seriously, who would buy this crap? :bugeyed

Grammy? La Toya does not have much talent for it. Well, if she has some talent .... Just look at what she is today and ask yourself: what she did grandiose in life? Nothing. :fear:
Personally I believe she belongs to the kind of people who have low morals in life, I don't think everyone would be capable of slandering their own sibling for personal gain/attention the way Latoya did (and does), risking them to go to prison just so that they could get their 15 mins of fame. People say the Kardashians are the biggest fame whores - particularly Kim, imo Latoya is right there up there with them, if not above them, as far as ''fame whoring'' is concerned. :fear::fear::fear:

That itself is a unique form of 'talent' as not everyone is capable of doing so.

She won for having written for Jimmy Cliff's "Cliff Hanger" LP.
Thank you-I had always assumed she got a Grammy because all the singers got one for "We are the World"-I just went over to You Tube and found it-Reggae Nights. I've never heard it before-her version is quite awful. The only time I've ever seen or heard her perform was back when the Jacksons did their variety show in 76/77-she was cute then. I loved her dances with Michael. Of course, I loved every minute of those shows-even the corny skits.
The only good thing I can say about LaToya these days is that she is at least trying to make money on her own.

Biography
Perhaps the least-talented sibling in the Jackson family, LaToya has nonetheless generated lots of controversy, although it's been outside the music arena. She sang background vocals for the Jackson 5, before going solo in 1979. None of her singles during the '80s for Polydor, Larc, Private I or Palass were anything other than very slight hits, though "Bet'cha Gonna Need My Lovin'" and "Heart Don't Lie" each were R&B Top 30. During the '90s, Jackson had written a controversial book accusing her father of incest, and also hosted an infomercial plugging psychic phenomena. In 1992 she signed a year-long deal with the world-famous Moulin Rouge in Paris, but left after only four months, a contract breaking moment that cost the singer half a million dollars. Her country album, 1994's From Nashville to You, flopped and 1995's dance-oriented Stop in the Name of Love failed to do much better. Her divorce from husband/manager Jack Gordon was finalized in 1997, allowing Jackson to reconcile with her family and begin working on her comeback. The single "Just Wanna Dance" appeared in 2003 but was released with only Jackson's nickname — Toy — on the label. The single appeared on her 2005 album Starting Over, released by the Ja-Tail label.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/latoya-jackson/id269872086#fullText

hqdefault.jpg

You learn something new everyday. LaToya Jackson tried to become a Country singer. Unbelievable!
tumblr_lvnf92CI1p1qgy0kmo1_250.png

Night Time Lover

The track was produced by her brother Michael, who provides co lead vocals on the chorus.

In La Toya's 1991 autobiography, La Toya: Growing up in the Jackson Family, she revealed that Michael changed production at the last minute to make sure that it wouldn't overshadow the success of his album Off the Wall.

There we go again, Michael Jackson ruining another "star" from reaching the level that Michael Jackson achieved!

Michael Jackson was so bad that LaToya Jackson was featured in the short film with none other than Paul and Linda McCartney, "Say Say Say."

The track was produced by her brother Michael, who provides co lead vocals on the chorus.

In La Toya's 1991 autobiography, La Toya: Growing up in the Jackson Family, she revealed that Michael changed production at the last minute to make sure that it wouldn't overshadow the success of his album Off the Wall.

Was she experimenting with drugs or just drunk?

With as many album's that LaToya Jackson put out, it is surprising that she would make such a statement in her book, blaming Michael and putting his Career above her's.

Michael did so much for his extended family, even at the risk of someone being a backstabber.

The idle jabbers...Cuz they're the backstabbers

I bought that album 1989, because I was curious of what she sounded like. Wasn't worth the money. I broke it into pieces and threw it in the garbage 1993...

That's the great thing about the internet these days - you can actually preview albums on iTunes, YouTube, Spotify and the rest before you hand over your hard-earned money :D

I'm surprised they remaster, reissue and rerelease such an album when there are true classics out there never remastered. Does it even have a market?

Yeah, sure LaToya was such a threat to Michael!

"International pop ICON"... I almost dropped my laptop :lmao: at that moniker used for LaToya.

Well somebody thinks Latoya is an icon, legend and true queen of pop:)

Note, all the clips of her dancing in the video were from Michael's choreographies:)

Well somebody thinks Latoya is an icon, legend and true queen of pop:)

Note, all the clips of her dancing in the video were from Michael's choreographies:)

Oh my gosh! Whoever made that video knows damn well that NO ONE was fainting OR screaming over Latoya. xD those are from Michael's concert footage. *gasp* I can't lol this is too much. And Latoya was one nasty person. I'm gonna buy this album, just so I can burn it. :lmao:

And God her voice is so annoying, it makes me wanna choke her sometimes. Queen of Pop? More like Queen of Flop. Her albums are fluent in that. I wonder if she's still performing songs from Thriller on any show that will have her. And I wonder how much she pays those poor souls out there to act like they like her.

And Natural talent? Psh..maybe natural thievery. No no,more like killing a tone deaf walrus, bringing it back to life, and then killing it again.

Last edited:
That trailer MUST be fan made!! just has to,

Alicat who is the guy in the Money experience video you posted?

that video must be made by her boyfriend/butler/manager Jeffr'e! I refuse to believe any sane individual would make 'fan videos' of Latoya by using Michael's concert footage! :bugeyed

The Video is great! I love it! So much dry sarcasm!!!! Great!!!!

About Janet: She's not a Whitney Houston or a Mariah Carey but I love Janet's voice very much more than Madonna's! Seriously!

Seriously, the only two songs I've heard La Toya performing are Michael covers, I'll Be There and Wanna Be Startin' Somethin', she f*cked those songs up. Specially I'll Be There because in the cover's record where that track is included she appears topless, that was straight to the childhood because it's such an innocent song... :shock:

#LegendToya

I'd love to know what went through Michael's head watching LaToya butcher his song (he wrote this). She can't sing but she looked good here.

Why are you so negative towards other artists?For real.It bugs me.If it's not Michael,it's bad to you.Janet is an impressive singer,and if you don' t see that,you're a sad human being.I'm so sick of your hatred towards other musicians.It's completely uncalled for and disrespectful.Especially since this is Michael's sister,for cryin' out loud.How do you think Michael would feel if he saw your hatred?
Plus,I bet you didn't even watch the video with her vocal range,because you're only talking about the performance video.
Oh trust me he'd come back from the dead to kick her donkey ass personally if he could for phucking with the minds and security of his MINOR children. Or when she opened that lying mouth of hers to in a vain attempt to resurrect her dead career and secure some ''club and theatre tour tickets'' out of jealousy and vanity. Her limited musical abilities will be called out the same way EVERYONE's limited abilities will be called out, no one is going to get a pass or be called Mozart's reincarnations for being related to Michael.

Last edited:
Back