Which Jackson's have the best voice ?

KOPV

Proud Member
In my opinion the only 3 Jacksons that have good voices are..

1 MICHAEL (The greatest)
2 Janet (good, does not have as much range as some singers but still good enough to get noticed)
3 Jermaine (Decent, I don't think with his voice alone he would have ever been famous though

The other siblings range between ok and horrible! "horrible" being just should not be recorded, I don't think any of them hurt my ears but, a couple should not record music lol! sorry..

1 MICHAEL (The greatest)
2 Janet (good, does not have as much range as some singers but still good enough to get noticed)
3 Jermaine (Decent, I don't think with his voice alone he would have ever been famous though

The other siblings range between ok and horrible! "horrible" being just should not be recorded, I don't think any of them hurt my ears but, a couple should not record music lol! sorry..

I think Jackie has a good voice too. I'd put him on the same level as or even a bit above Jermaine and definitely above Janet (to me Janet is not the 2nd best singer in this family. The 2nd best entertainer? Yes. The 2nd best singer? No.). As much as I don't like her I have to admit that Rebbie too has a good voice.

So to me, in terms of singing and vocals, it's:

1. Michael
2. Jackie
3. Jermaine
4. Rebbie
5. Janet

1 MICHAEL (The greatest)

I saw the Jacksons perform live in Copenhagen and I must say that Jackie has a good voice also.
Here are my favorites!

!. Michael
2.Jackie
3.Rebbie
4.Janet
5.Marlon

I'll say this, normally with a question like this I would listen to each voice and come up with a real responce detailing each voice what is good and what lacks.. and true comparison, the thing is half of the Jacksons I don't care enough about there voice to do that. To me that tells me something!! If they were not JACKSON than I would never listen to half of them.

I'll say this, normally with a question like this I would listen to each voice and come up with a real responce detailing each voice what is good and what lacks.. and true comparison, the thing is half of the Jacksons I don't care enough about there voice to do that. To me that tells me something!! If they were not JACKSON than I would never listen to half of them.

Well, you can hear their voice on Jacksons albums which are worth listening. Triumph is actually one of my favorite albums. Michael is the lead vocalist, of course, but you can hear Jackie, Randy and Marlon on some of the songs sharing lead vocal with Michael.

www.MessenTools.com-34%20pensativo.gif
popcorn-MJ.gif

lol! I've listened to every song released by the Jackson 5 and Jacksons, at least that I know of.. I know there voice pretty well, I never took the time to disect any of there voices aside from Michaels.. I have not bothered listening to much solo work from other Jacksons aside from Michael and Janet, but I've heard the "big" songs they did solo.. I might have a unfair judgement here considering listening to Michael on the same track as lets say Jackie, Im sorry but Jackie will sound not so good...

PS I was so confused, I just noticed it says I started the thread lol! the first post was a post I did in another thread.. Obviously moved, that's funny because when I read the title of the thread I was like.. "really? another thread about the Jacksons voice, we were having this convo in another thread" haha

lol! I've listened to every song released by the Jackson 5 and Jacksons, at least that I know of.. I know there voice pretty well, I never took the time to disect any of there voices aside from Michaels.. I have not bothered listening to much solo work from other Jacksons aside from Michael and Janet, but I've heard the "big" songs they did solo.. I might have a unfair judgement here considering listening to Michael on the same track as lets say Jackie, Im sorry but Jackie will sound not so good...

PS I was so confused, I just noticed it says I started the thread lol! the first post was a post I did in another thread.. Obviously moved, that's funny because when I read the title of the thread I was like.. "really? another thread about the Jacksons voice, we were having this convo in another thread" haha

Gee that is so funny ^^. We have our comments in threads that we never went in or have not been in for years. I was wondering why you were making comments about not having the interest to do a comparison of the voices, when you started the thread!!!!!!

I agree Jackie has the second best voice. I actually I'd had preferred him singing along side Michael in I'll Be There than Jermaine instead.

1. Michael 2. Jermaine(you don't have to like him personally to admit it)

I would never rank Janet's singing voice above Jermaine's...that's MADNESS. He has a broader range than she does, plus his voice is smoother, more adult. Janet is the better entertainer than Jermaine, but not the better singer.

Of course, NO ONE (Jackson or not) tops Michael.

^ I think Jackie has wider range and better voice than Jermaine but in the rest of you comment, I totally agree. She's more an entertainer than singer.

Michael is the best for me.

Then, IDK.

It’s easier for me to name the second best voice that is not from the Jackson family ;)

Hmmm I say Michael,Rebbie,Jermaine,and Janet... For me the rest of the brothers kind of sound the same. And then there's LaToya. I enjoy listening to all of them on one song or another.

I love how you guys make these threads specifically for the oppurtunity to go in on Janet.

The trick is to say one or two nice things about Janet so you don't look too obviously like a hater, then sling your shady comments out there about her. If there is no chance in hell that Michael Jackson would be anything less than #1 on this board why post a topic asking such a question? Because you like mess, and you like throwing shade at the one family member that gave him a run for his money and that Michael had to watch out for? Rebbie? Michael didn't loose any sleep over, not Jackie or Jermaine.

Childish.

I think you get my point.

Last edited:
I don’t get it, what that bad was said about Janet here in this topic?

Or you just want to see her №1 as the best voice of the Jackson family?

For me it was logical to see the rest of family names starting from №2.

I don't care if I janet is number 1. Hell would have to freeze over before that happens! But if Michael will always win the race, why have the race?

Now let's start a topic on who had the best Jackson nose, that oughta be amazingly fun!

^ well in all fairness, in what era?... just sayin'

charismatic;3923738 said:
I don't care if I janet is number 1. Hell would have to freeze over before that happens! But if Michael will always win the race, why have the race?

Now let's start a topic on who had the best Jackson nose, that oughta be amazingly fun!

Why not? It is not a race, it is just a discussion …

Don’t take it as an offence or something.

It seems you take this topic is an expression of some disrespect to Janet or other Jacksons…
I probably missed something.

And don’t expect any other №1 with the best nose "race", really :D

I felt curious to listen Rebbie, (Centipede specially) for the first time and I should say she beats Janet on singing by a landslide. Her problem was that she doesn't have stage presence and Janet has compensated her low vocal range with show-womanship.

I like Rebbie's music the most, but don't like her voice.

Janet and Jermaine have the best voices, aside from Michael, but they both have very shaky discographies. Love them to death, though.

After Michael I'd say Janet, she has a great career and pursued it! Jermaine its pretty good too but not a particular favorite of mine

Janet was without a doubt the second most successful in the family and she's the second best entertainer but it doesn't mean she has the second best voice. That's biased.

I can't believe no one said Randy! What kind of mess! His falsetto was not the best, but he had a pretty killer voice if you ask me! He DOMINATED this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcNKmSo0reE

He was serving prowess, growl, melisma lol

I agree that Randy's voice should be recognized! Just judging on voice, my personal preferences are
1. Mike
2. Jerms
3. Jan
4. Randy
5. Jackie (I know he has a pretty ok voice, but I'm not a fan of the sound of it)

Rebbie is ok, LaToya not so much, Tito not so much, and Marlon is meh

thats not what I was saying, if you aren't counting Michael then she has the best voice, I think she ranks right up with him.

Jackie, Jermaine and Rebbie didn't have sucessful careers like Michael and Janet but all of them have better voices than her by a landslide. How come a mezzo soprano (Janet) could have a better voice than a tenor (Jackie or Jerms)?

Back