Coreyography, book by Corey Feldman

jrsfan

Proud Member
Corey Feldman's book:

Former child star Corey Feldman's new memoir reveals horrific abuse
Published October 21, 2013
Feldman660371.jpg

June 26, 2007 - Corey Feldman (right) and ex-wife Susie Sprague at a screening in Beverly Hills, California. (REUTERS)

Although he’s known for successful comedies, 80’s child actor Corey Feldman’s own story reads like a tragedy.

In the new memoir, “Coreyography,” Feldman weaves a harrowing Hollywood tale of sex, drugs and profound loneliness on his road to stardom. Feldman’s book covers parental abuse, twisted friendships and devastating drug abuse, according to a report in The New York Post. He also reveals details of his relationships with co-star Corey Haim and pop star pal Michael Jackson.

As his star began to rise in hit movies like “Stand By Me,” “The Lost Boys,” “Gremlins” and “The Goonies” — Feldman had no guidance or support from his parents. His mother -- a former Playboy model who suffered from depression and drug problems -- tortured her son about his weight and, at one point, force-fed him diet pills. He says his father was a musician who routinely encouraged Feldman to get high with him.

By age 7, Feldman was a successful commercial actor and the main breadwinner of the family. His mother forbade him from riding a bike, saying he couldn’t afford to get injured. At work, Feldman started acting out and earning a reputation as a brat. When he was fired from a movie, she chased after him with a stick, screaming obscenities.

“She’s bent at the waist, ramming the pole under the cotton eyelet dust ruffle . . . jabbing at my ribs, my arms, my face,” he writes. “My skin is raw and bleeding. I think that, maybe, she is serious. She really does want to kill me.”

Feldman found refuge on Hollywood sets and yearned for adult role models and supporters. While director Steven Spielberg became a trusted friend, many adults let him down.

His father hired an assistant in his early 20s who Feldman calls “Ron.” The two became inseparable, with Ron providing Feldman with various drugs and eventually coercing him into sex. Feldman says he was “petrified,” and “revolted” the first time Ron abused him, but their twisted friendship lasted for years.

Ron wasn’t the only pedophile Feldman encountered in his search for stable adult relationships. “Slowly, over a period of many years,” he writes, “I would begin to realize that many of the people I had surrounded myself with were monsters.”

One person he felt safe with was Michael Jackson. He calls the singer's world his “happy place” and said Jackson brought him back to his innocence. Feldman says Jackson never touched him sexually or even attempted to during their friendship. Their relationship ended abruptly in 2001, when Jackson heard a rumor that Feldman was planning to trash him in a book. Although Feldman tried to convince Jackson the rumor wasn’t true, Jackson shut him out, and they never spoke again.

Feldman documents his excessive drug use, which began when he discovered his mother’s stash. At a low point, he admits to snorting an eight ball of cocaine (an eighth of an ounce) every two days, and smoking piles of pot, sometimes with comedy party monster Sam Kinison. Ron introduced him to heroin and crack, which cost him $300 a day and ended in several arrests.

The actor tried many times to get clean, but reports that since a severe but short relapse in 1995, he “never had another hard drug again.”

Feldman still acts and performs music with his band, Truth Movement. He has a 9-year-old son named Zen from his second marriage, to Playboy model Susie Sprague, which ended in 2009.

One of the messages of the book is for parents who choose to put their kids in show business. “My only advice, honestly, is to get these kids out of Hollywood and let them lead normal lives.”

Click for more from the New York Post.

FoxNews.com

corey%20feldman%20wife%20mj%20memorial%202009.jpg

Actor Corey Feldman arrives at the memorial service for Michael Jackson at the Staples Center in Los Angeles July 7, 2009. Michael Jackson's family and close friends held a private service at a Los Angeles cemetery on Tuesday as fans crowded into the city's downtown area for a star-packed public memorial to the "King of Pop." REUTERS/Wally Skalij/Pool (UNITED STATES) - RTR25F4M
corey feldman wife 2007 reuters.jpg

Corey Feldman (R) and wife Susie Sprague attend a special screening of "Sicko" in Beverly Hills, California, June 26, 2007. REUTERS/Phil McCarten (UNITED STATES) - RTR1R6YO

Next Slide Previous Slide

In his new memoir “Coreyography,” former child star Corey Feldman weaves a harrowing Hollywood tale of sex, drugs and profound loneliness on his road to stardom. Feldman’s book covers parental abuse, twisted friendships and devastating drug abuse. He also reveals details of his relationships with co-star Corey Haim and pop star pal Michael Jackson.

As his star began to rise in hit movies like “Stand By Me,” “The Lost Boys,” “Gremlins” and “The Goonies” — Feldman, now 42, had no guidance or support from his parents. His mother -- a former Playboy model who suffered from depression and drug problems -- tortured her son about his weight and, at one point, force-fed him diet pills. He says his father was a musician who routinely encouraged his young son to get high with him. Feldman talked to FOX411 about his chaotic upbringing.

FOX411: Your story is really intense. The drugs, the abuse and neglect from your parents, the molestation.

Corey Feldman: Unfortunately it hasn't been an easy path but I think you still have some light heartedness in there. Obviously the dark stuff gets very dark but we pull you out of it with something to laugh or enlighten you or is spiritually positive. That's more important to me.

FOX411: It certainly changed our impression of you.

Feldman: Ultimately that's what I want people to see, me for who I am. I don't want to come across as a victim because I've had a really wonderful life.

FOX411: You experimented with cocaine at such a young age.

Feldman: I found some in my mom's drawer when I was 13. The first time I ever really did it was on the set of 'The Lost Boys' but it was only one line. I probably didn't do it properly until a year after that, I was 16.

My entire drug rampage lasted for only two years. That's the irony of my life. There's still reports, Corey Feldman's a big cokehead. It's just completely false. Not only am I not a cokehead, I don't even drink alcohol. You'll never see me stumbling out of a club. People act like that's still who I am. I went through a two year battle, I fought it and came out the other side and ever since I've been ready to go back to work.

Although I have worked steadily and regularly through the years I've never been accepted in the mainstream. I was always brushed under the carpet like, 'Oh, he's done for.' I've been sitting here going, 'What are you talking about? I'm young, I'm energetic, I'm charismatic, I'm ready to rock.' My band has never gone anywhere, they're just waiting for the right moment.

I'm very grateful my voice is finally getting heard. I'm not getting edited by someone else. I'm grateful I can show my talent, I've got a new movie, a new album and this book and hopefully people can appreciate my art and stop ridiculing.

FOX411: It must have been hard going through those problems at such a young age.

Feldman: People don't realize when you mess up and then it's blasted all over the world, that kind of great public humiliation is very jarring especially for a kid. I felt so ashamed, so humiliated to know that I let down my fans because I love my fans. Before I had my son they were really the only love that I had. I didn't have mom or dad so when it came to moral and emotional support, my fans saying, 'We love you no matter what. We know your talent will shine through,' or people saying, 'Your music changed my life,' those kinds of things are the reasons I kept going. If it wasn't for that stuff I probably would be dead in a gutter somewhere.

The thing that hurt me the most was when I was young my Dad got me involved with an organization called, 'Hollywood Kids Say No to Drugs.' I was 15 and smoking pot with my Dad. He thought it would be a good idea to sign me up as a spokesperosn. First of all why would you throw your kid under a bus like that? Putting him out there as a hypocrite? But that's a real big reason people turned against me.

For me it was justified because weed isn't a drug, it's something that God grows. It's natural and I'm ok with it and I really didn't do anything else at the time. I asked my Dad about it and he said, 'It's ok, it's natural.'

Then when I started getting into the problems I realized, 'Oh God I'm addicted,' and of course I withdrew from all that kind of stuff (the organization) but it was too late. Once I got arrested and it became a public scandal then of course the political party that was supporting the organization, the Reagan administration...

As a kid I didn't know politics. All of a sudden here I am as a spokesperson for a political campaign that my father threw me into. It's kind of like a series of unfortunate events which really made me look like a stinker.

There was a show on VH-1 called, 'Hollywood's 100 Darkest Secrets' and number 13 was this story. The reason I was blacklisted was because I pissed off the Republican Party. Once I realized everything I felt almost relieved like, 'Oh that's what it was.'

FOX411: You write that Corey Haim was raped by a very powerful Hollywood player on the set of 'Lucas' and he tried to initiate something with you.

Feldman: In his mind that was just what guys do, that's what he tried to sell me on. He wasn't bisexual. He didn't understand what was right and wrong. He'd been manipulated and lied to and used and abused. So was I, but I wasn't yet at that point. He told me, to me it was the craziest story I had ever heard. I had to explain, 'No man that's not how it goes.' But then a few months later the same thing happened to me, though not as graphically.

FOX411: You say that pedophilia is common in Hollywood.

Feldman: I think there's a lot more of it than we'd like to believe and a lot more of it in all paths of life. The world is a very, very dark place right now. Right now, more than any other time in the history of mankind we need to have spirituality in our lives, we need to believe in a higher power and stay positive no matter what.

FOX411: You say Corey died clean.

Feldman: In the end he got sober for his mom (who was sick with cancer). He became a selfless person and that' the real inspiring part of the story. In the end he did get his act together and out of nowhere God chose to take him because he literally made an exchange for his mom's life. His mom was literally on her deathbed and Corey said, 'I'm going to be there for you and now it's your time to relax and if I have to give up my own life, I'm willing to do that.' I deeply believe that's what happened.

FOX411: You were friends with Michael Jackson. You were estranged when he died. That must have made you sad.

Feldman: I felt sad that he never found the strength to apologize. I know from outside sources that he would talk about me and tears would come up in his eyes.

Great vid about Corey Feldman
http://youtu.be/m-F3-Z3yU5o

coreyography.jpg

Corey Feldman and the late Corey Haim — known at the height of their popularity as “the Two Coreys” — were iconic ’80s teen stars who dealt with more adult problems behind the scenes. In his upcoming memoir Coreyography (Oct. 29), Feldman, 42, details the sexual abuse he and Haim experienced while working in Hollywood.

According to Feldman, Haim told him about an incident on the set of the 1986 film Lucas:

“Haim started to confide in me, about some intensely personal stuff, very quickly … Within hours of our first meeting, we found ourselves talking about Lucas, the film he made in the summer of 1985, the role I had wanted for myself. At some point during the filming, he explained, an adult male convinced him that its was perfectly normal for older men and younger boys in the business to have sexual relations, that it was what all the ‘guys do.’ So, they walked off to a secluded area between two trailers, during a lunch break for the cast and crew, and Haim, innocent and ambitious as he was, allowed himself to be sodomized.”

Feldman recalls that Haim, 11 years old at the time, said, “I guess we should play around like that, too?”

While Feldman never acted on his friend’s suggestion, he did encounter more sexual abuse later on from the adults around him, including an older male Feldman had hired as his assistant who he calls “Ron Crimson” in the book. Crimson allegedly performed oral sex on Feldman after he encouraged a teenaged Feldman to take a cocktail of pills. Feldman writes that in his teen years he was constantly surrounded by pedophiles.

Feldman’s childhood was so troubled that he looked to his friend Michael Jackson, introduced to him by director Steven Spielberg, for normalcy. “Michael Jackson’s world, crazy as it sounds, had become my happy place,” he writes. “Being with Michael brought me back to my innocence. When I was with Michael, it was like being 10 years old again.” Feldman stresses in the book that Jackson never once acted inappropriately toward him.

In the introduction, Feldman refuses to disclose the identity of Haim’s alleged rapist, who he claims is “one of the most successful people in the entertainment industry.” “You can’t go around publicly accusing industry titans without expecting to find yourself in the middle of a nasty lawsuit,” writes Feldman, “to say nothing of the potential threat to my career, as well as to the personal safety of myself and my son.”

Coreyography acts in part as a warning to parents pushing their children into show business. Feldman claimed on a 2011 episode of Nightline and repeats in the book that the “number one problem in Hollywood was, and is, and always will be pedophilia.”

I happy he has come to terms with his addiction. While he states Michael never abused him. I don't think that is anything to applaud Corey for .. its just the truth. he can't say anything other. But he has brought Michael's reputation into question many times and still acts like Michael owed him something. Just reading the many creepy things he has said over the years I don't blame Michael if he was suspicious of him. He sounds disgruntled because Michael moved on. Why would Michael owe him an apology.? I think he owes an apology for the many things he has said against Michael, Some which is ridiculous and seems vindictive. Plus the reasons for Corey being upset seem to change over the years as well.

His book helps vindicate Michael in the eyes of the public and I'm happy for that but Corey still seems to hold a grudge and acts like he is the one wronged. He was so bitter that in 2005 he made eroneous statements about an innocent episode to try and bring suspicion on Michael. His remarks were so negative against Michael, that the prosecution wanted to use him to testify in there behalf.

FOX411: You were friends with Michael Jackson. You were estranged when he died. That must have made you sad.
Feldman: I felt sad that he never found the strength to apologize. I know from outside sources that he would talk about me and tears would come up in his eyes.

Apologise for what ?

GREAT Background on Cory Feldman

AS A KID, YOU WERE BEFRIENDED BY MICHAEL JACKSON. 2008 Interview
It wasn't Michael Jackson who molested me, but he did do real damage in my overall life. I was a 12-year-old boy who was hurt by his family and ignored by people at school. Michael would sit and talk to me for hours and he would listen. Then he would get bored. The biggest thing that Michael's done to children is befriending the ones that are in need and then abandoning them. "Hey, I love you, I'm here for you, anything you need, you call me, I will be there for you." Then the very next day, the number's been changed. As a 12-year-old kid, that's a pretty hard one to comprehend.
That's the karma he's paying off now."

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20221634,00.html

^^^^ So according to Cory in 2008 all MJ went through with the trial and such was Karma he was suffering to pay him back for moving on and not being in Corey's life as he expected him to) :ermm:

In the Bashir interview, which was featured on US news show 20/20 on Friday night, 2005
Feldman recalled, "Michael had some paranoid delusion that I had some ill-fated intentions to write some sort of book about him, which was categorically untrue. What happened next was basically, the way I perceived it, is that he threatened my life." Jackson refused to transport Feldman out of New York on his tour bus the following day, after terrorist planes had hit the twin towers of the World Trade Center. Feldman is scheduled to testify against his former friend on March 15. »
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000397/news?year=2005

Feldman Questions His Friendship with Jackson
Actor Corey Feldman has expressed concern about his own childhood friendship with troubled pop superstar Michael Jackson. Feldman, who has been supportive of Jackson until recently, says in an upcoming interview with American TV show 20/20, that he's come to a "sickening realization" about his friendship with the 46-year-old Bad singer. The former child star, now 33, says, "I started looking at each piece of information, and with that came this sickening realization that there may have been many occurrences in my life and in my relationship to Michael that have created a question of doubt." The interview was conducted by British journalist Martin Bashir, whose television documentary on Jackson helped give rise to the current abuse case against the star. Feldman says Jackson's sex-abuse trial, in which the singer is charged with molesting a 13-year-old boy, led him to reexamine his past relationship with Jackson.

Corey Feldman Speaks Out Against Jackson Feb. 10, 2005

Former child star Corey Feldman has been subpoenaed to testify against Michael Jackson in his child molestation trial, ABC News has learned.

With jury selection under way in Jackson's molestation trial, "20/20's" Martin Bashir interviewed actor Corey Feldman, who spoke about his relationship with "The King of Pop" during his youth.

Feldman said, "I started looking at each piece of information, and with that came this sickening realization that there have been many occurrences in my life and in my relationship to Michael that have created a question of doubt."

Jackson, 46, is accused of molesting a now-15-year-old boy who spent time at his Neverland ranch and is believed to be a cancer survivor who appeared in Bashir's 2003 British documentary "Living With Michael Jackson." The pop star has pleaded not guilty to 10 charges that include felony conspiracy with 28 overt acts involving child abduction, false imprisonment and extortion.

Bashir joined ABC News' "20/20" in September 2004.

As a teen, Feldman -- known for his roles in movies such as "Gremlins," "The Goonies" and "Stand by Me" and who appeared in the first season of the celebrity reality show "The Surreal Life" -- became good friends with Jackson. They were often seen together, dressed in similar outfits. Their friendship waned and finally ended in 2001. Feldman later released "Megalo-Man," a highly critical song about Jackson on his CD, "Former Child Star," released in 2002.

Why Speak Out?

However, in an exclusive interview, Feldman, now 33, speaks out with surprising new claims about his relationship with Jackson. Until now, the actor has stood by Jackson, and he tells Bashir why he is now coming forward with allegations about their friendship.

Feldman said speaking out has finally become a responsibility and a duty. "This child -- if he's telling the truth -- and the other children like him -- if they're telling the truth -- they're small voices, they're weak voices," he said.

Feldman said he hopes the allegations against Jackson are proved false, but said he feels compelled to speak out. "So I'm here to say I hope and I pray that these things never happened, and if they never happened, then there's some real sickness with a lot of people. But if they did happen, then there's a lot of sickness with one person. And that person needs to be punished."

Re-evaluated Friendship

Feldman stressed in his interview with Bashir that Jackson never molested him or touched him improperly and that there was no sexual contact between them. But he said he has re-evaluated his friendship with Jackson and has concluded that there were things that happened in their relationship that were inappropriate and wrong.

"If you consider it inappropriate for a man to look at a book of naked pictures with a child that's 13 or 14 years old -- then your answer would be yes."

Feldman says he had such an encounter at Jackson's home when he says they stopped there on the way to Disneyland. "We went to his apartment, and I noticed a book that he had out on his coffee table. The book contained pictures of grown men and women naked. And the book was focused on venereal diseases and the genitalia." Feldman said the singer sat down with him and explained the photos to him.

Feldman said, "I was kind of grossed out by it. I didn't think of it as a big deal. And for all these years, I probably never thought twice about it ... But in light of recent evidence ... I have to say that if my son was 14 years old -- 13 years old, and went to a man's apartment that was 35, and I knew that they were sitting down together talking about this, I would probably beat his ass."

In 2001, Feldman and Jackson had a falling out. At the time, Feldman told the press the rift had nothing to do with child abuse allegation that continued to dog Jackson.

Could Feldman's 1993 Statements Help Jackson?

In 1993, when a 12-year-old boy accused the singer of molestation, Feldman defended Jackson publicly and to investigators.

"He never did anything out of line. I mean anything, you know," Feldman said in a 1993 audiotape made by authorities. "I mean, the closest he ever came to touching me was maybe slapping me on the leg once."

Jackson always denied any wrongdoing in that case, and has denied ever harming any child. Santa Barbara County, Calif., prosecutors did not pursue charges against him after they said the alleged victim refused to testify. "The King of Pop" settled a civil suit filed by the boy's family for a reported $20 million.

Feldman said he defended the singer in 1993 because he thought he was being a loyal friend. "I did what I believed was right as a friend," Feldman said. "I defended him up and down. ... I did so publicly, and I did so behind closed doors with police."

Harvey Levin, executive producer of "Celebrity Justice," came into possession of Feldman's 1993 audiotaped statements to investigators and says they could ultimately help Jackson's defense. Levin says they show authorities were convinced of Jackson's guilt then and could suggest they have a vendetta in the current case against him.

"It might give jurors some pause because it seems like the cops had made up their mind during this interview [with Feldman] that Michael Jackson was a child molester," Levin said.

Since Bashir's interview with Feldman, prosecutors have subpoenaed the actor, and he has been placed under the same gag order imposed on all parties in the case. Feldman, Bashir reports, is expected to appear on the stand as a prosecution witness on March 15. Bashir has also been ordered to testify about his extensive interview with Jackson in "Living With Michael Jackson."

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/LegalCenter/story?id=481709&page=1&singlePage=true

Yeah, it's sad that he decided to jump on the bandwagon and kick MJ while he was down during his darkest hour out of some stupid revenge for Michael cutting him out, but still I'm glad about the contrast that is put in these recent stories about his book about how while his life was full of horrible things as a child Michael was his safe haven. Had Michael been a pedophile someone like him - a very vulnerable child - had been the perfect target. I like how he puts it that Michael brought back the innocence in his childhood. That's what Michael was about and that's what his relationship with children was about.

It's so wrong that Michael became the target of such horrible allegations and rumours while there are lots of real pedophiles running around free out there and no one seems to care. I mean Corey told the name of his abuser to the police while he was interviewed for Michael's case in 1993 and they just did not care. All they were interested in was to try to make him say incriminating things about Michael. (And among the people who said Corey was a cokehead were those investigators who made that up to coerce Jason Francia into making up things about Michael.)

Had authorities (and the media) been more focused on genuine investigation rather than a witch hunt against Michael maybe they could have taken real pedophiles out of society long time ago. I mean one of the guys Corey says molested him and/or Haim was a guy called Marty Weiss who was arrested and convicted for child molestation in 2012. Maybe if the police had taken what Corey told them in 1993 more seriously they could have saved other children from being violated. But the interest in a witch hunt against Michael was bigger. So sad.

On some info of Corey's background re. Michael, infos like Corey being interview Martin Bash!^ and the being subpoenaed by the court for the 2005 trial, those infos made myself not trusting Corey at all. But there are infos that Corey still supporting and keep telling the media over and over again that Michael is not the person who abused him that they wanted Michael is really the answer and the audiotape from 93' when the police officer badgering him wanting Corey to say that Michael abused him and can't take his real answer seriously which we found out that she's doing a very irresponsoble job wanting to get Corey the answer she wanting so she and the police officers to take Michael away. I also agree with Qbee on the subject on what Michael should apologize to Corey for, indeed it's Corey who should owe Michael an apology for the things he said (which is one of the reasons I don't trust Corey at all).

I don't know who Corey Feldman is, never heard of him, as I don't live in America. But why would MJ have to apologise to him. Once MJ heard from people around him that someone was up to no good, he would drop them. I would do the same. But by the same token MJ listened too much from the people around him and it got him into trouble.

interested on reading the MJ parts, Coreyography though as the title? It has always annoyed me that he associates himself as a dancer in any way. He is horrible lol!

He has nothing to apologize to Michael for? It amazes me the people who kicked Michael down in his worst times and they still feel that he should apologize for whatever they think Michael did wrong. Whatever. The only thing I care about is that he makes it crystal clear that Michael didn't do anything to him. That's the only truth I want to hear from him.

Very nice words from Corey. He may have redeemed himself somewhat in my eyes. I think he has matured and grown.

"He taught me so many things. He's taught me about loving animals, vegetarianism, animal rights and environmental issues, and caring about your fans, how to treat your fans. The fact that the moment you meet your fans may just be a fleeting moment to you, something that you're in the middle of things and you've got to take time for, but to them... they're going to remember this moment for the rest of their lives. So, how important it is, that exchange, and how you treat them."

- Corey Feldman talks to Piers Morgan about Michael - 28 Oct 2013

ETA
Here is the video - he starts discussing MJ aprox 11:00
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x16kzg4_oct-28-2013-corey-feldman-on-piers-morgan-live

I'm glad Corey is clean, he made light on some events in his life and of course that he told the truth about Michael...Michael always tried to help all this abused kids...Michael did his best to offer them a few happy moments, to show them what childhood should be like...I understand a bit Corey, it is very hard for a kid that doesn't feel loved at all, to feel that his only friend is not there, that he can't be reached at any hour, he probably felt abandoned by Michael, but he has to understand Michael had his own life and troubles, he couldn't be there for all of them all the time...Michael was a sweet human and such an angel, he gave so much of his love and life to all of us...and it is really sad Michael was persecuted and real monsters are free...Michael was the sunshine in this world that can be rather dark sometimes...

Although Corey ticked me off by trying to trash MJ when MJ was going through a rough time all because MJ did not want to be friends with him no more (even Mrs. Katherine was upset on what Cory tried to do and one of the brother's wives spoke about Corey and what he tried to do out of spite), I am glad that Corey is telling the truth. He talked trash about MJ; but when MJ died, Corey was on Larry King in 2009 the day MJ died and he looked hurt as if he regretted all the talk he did about MJ. I was shocked to see him on Larry king that night since he try to trash Michael in the past because MJ did not want to hang around him no more. Corey will now have to live with that now. that is why you have to handle things better when you get into disagreement with people. YOu do not lie and trash a person because you are upset with them over nonsense.

Maybe he should think if his actions caused Michael not to hang around anymore. It can't always be that Michael was the one being wrong and should apologize. Trashing people publically is something I cannot stand. I don't know what he regrets I just care that when he speaks of Michael it's just the truth. That's all.

Corey Feldman: Michael Jackson Called Me After I Was Arrested

During his heyday in the '80s, Corey Feldman experienced the extreme highs and lows of being a child star in Hollywood. The actor stopped by HuffPost Live to discuss his just-released memoir Coreyography, and revealed details about his friendship with Michael Jackson, who reached out to Feldman when he was at his lowest.
"I don't know a lot of things that happened in the years I wasn't around, but all I can tell you is remarking about the person that I know, the person that was my close friend, that was like a brother to me. He was not that guy," Feldman told host Ricky Camilleri.
"He was a guy who was so innocent, so kind of sheltered, you couldn't even swear around him. You couldn't talk about drugs, you couldn't talk about nude women, you couldn't talk about sex. You couldn't talk about anything, because he was a very religious man for much of the early stages of his life and career."
Following an arrest, Feldman was afraid Jackson would abandon him to preserve his own reputation. "When I got arrested, I was afraid, to be honest with you, that he'd never talk to me again because he had such a clean image -- that I really expected that he'd just be like, 'see ya!' you know? And that really showed me the value of what type of person he was."
"The fact that when I did get arrested, even though his image was still squeaky clean and by all rights he could have stepped aside and moved me back, but he didn't," Feldman continued.
"He called me. I got that message on my answering machine, which said, 'Hi Corey, it's Michael. Is everything ok? Call me if you need me.' You know, he was a friend. He was supportive. And thank God for that."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/01/feldman-michael-jackson_n_4191548.html

I have to say, I'm happy he's better. Very happy. ^.^ I understand his feeling of abandonment, I mean come on, Michael was basically the only man who truly cared for Corey and helped him. I'm glad that he finally understands Mike's reason for not speaking to him in the last years. I forgive him :heart:

From what I could find and from reading his latest interview with the Huffington Post... it sounds as if Corey is hinting that David Seltzer, the director of the movie Lucas, is the molester he has been referring to and could be one of the names he gave to the cops way back then. And I say could be, just by my best guess. Corey does say he was behind the movie Lucas and is one of the biggest names in Hollywood. I don't know who else he could be referrering to.:blink: But they were only focused on the wrong man, Michael Jackson.

Wonder why they never pursued the info the Corey gave the cops? Radar Online says they have reached out to them for an answer, but of course they stay silent.

I didn't see this article posted anywhere, but mods can delete this if it is somewhere already.

Secret Police Tape: Child Star Corey Feldman First Detailed How He Was ‘Molested’ In 1993… But Cops Did ‘Zero’ To Catch Sexual Predator

Corey Feldman revealed to police that he had been molested more than two decades ago, but he claims they did nothing to investigate the sexual predator who had systematically raped him, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.

We have uncovered a recording of the Stand By Me actor’s interview with Santa Barbara sheriffs, recorded in December 1993 when he was aged 22, during which he told them: “I myself was molested.”

The grilling was part of the sheriffs’ investigation into his close pal Michael Jackson who, at the time, was facing child molestation charges brought by Jordy Chandler and his family.

Shockingly, Feldman actually named his alleged abusers — we have excluded them from the excerpt, below — but the detectives expressed little interest in investigating the monsters, instead lasering in on the “King Of Pop” instead.

“I know what it’s like to go through those feelings and believe me, the person who molested me, if this was him that did that to me, this would be a different story,” Feldman told Sgt. Deborah Linden and Detective Russ Birchim.

“I would be out there, up front, doing something immediately to have this man given what was due to him.”

The frustrated star is now questioning why his report went nowhere.

“All names were given to police before statute had run out but they did zero,” he wrote to a fan on Twitter recently, who had asked why he did not report the men to authorities.

The Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office did not respond to Radar’s request for comment and questions as to why it did not investigate the matter.

In his new memoir, Coreyography, Feldman recounted in graphic detail the sexual abuse he and the late Corey Haim endured at the height of their fame.

He named their abusers as Ron, Tony, Burnham and Crimson — all pseudonyms.

Having already starred in Goonies, he described how he descended into a drug haze in the company of a man, in his early 20s, who would sexually exploit him for years.

One night when Feldman was close to passing out from drugs, Crimson unbuttoned the teenager’s pants before leading him into the bedroom, Feldman detailed.

The next morning, Feldman woke up disgusted and hoped the incident would be buried and forgotten, he said.

But Crimson thereafter approached him in a sexual nature again and again and Feldman relented, indicating that he was too confused and scared to push the man out of his life.

“I don’t know why I couldn’t confront Ron, but I was consumed with guilt. I felt like the whole thing was my fault,” Feldman penned.

“I desperately wanted him to stop, but I was afraid of losing my friend.”

Haim was the first of the two to be sexually assaulted, Feldman wrote, at age 14.

“Within hours of our first meeting, we found ourselves talking about ‘Lucas,’ the film he made in the summer of 1985, the role I had wanted for myself,” Feldman wrote.

“At some point during the filming, he explained an adult male convinced him that it was perfectly normal for older men and younger boys in the business to have sexual relations, that it was what all ‘guys do.’

“During a lunch break for the cast and crew, and Haim, innocent and ambitious as he was, allowed himself to be sodomized.”

The man who abused Haim on the set of Lucas, now “walks around, one of the most successful people in the entertainment industry, still making money hand over fist,” according to Feldman.

^^ Yes, it was brought up on Celebrity Justice in 2005:

[video=youtube;rdITa9Ulx2A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdITa9Ulx2A[/video]

[video=youtube;3F0I7q94HEQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3F0I7q94HEQ[/video]

And let's not forget either that not only they tried to get Corey say Michael molested him, but they also lied to Jason Francia about him to make him say incriminating things about MJ:

“Det. Neglia: He’s [Corey] a junkie now, he gets arrested, he doesn’t act or anything. He gets high. He packs his nose with cocaine and he’s going to die by the time he is 22 years old.
Jason Francia: How old is he?
Det. Neglia: About 21. But that’s the kind of life he is living, and it’s got to do with being exposed to people like this, and having nobody to protect them and to take them out.
Det. Birchim: Like you had your mom.
Det. Neglia: Like your mom pulled you out, and you’re, you’re candid, and you’re (sic) honesty with us is going to help us. To pull the next kid out, it might even be too late for Macauly (sic) already. But these kids that he’s traveling with are on tour right now. Maybe we can pull them out of it… “

Reading those police interviews, the coercing, lying to and confusing the child, not investigating Feldman's claims, all of it. From 93 to 03, all of it. I simply cannot respect ANYONE who knows this information then still denies Michael's innocence, or still doubts it. I just can't.

RadarOnline says:

Shockingly, Feldman actually named his alleged abusers — we have excluded them from the excerpt, below — but the detectives expressed little interest in investigating the monsters, instead lasering in on the “King Of Pop” instead.

What in the hell is this??? Radar Online knows their names, but they have excluded from making them public.

But no media outlet whatsoever, has a problem with implying that Michael may have done something wrong, and with NO PROOF whatsoever. They make up lies, twist FBI reports and try to sell them off as fact, etc. That's just so wrong!:mat:

Can somebody with twitter do a favour to Corey and most importantly Michael.
I was reading corey's tweets and this was there:
---------
Jim Clemente ?@JimClemente 31 Oct
@Corey_Feldman We should talk. I'm a retired FBI Profiler/Child Sex Crimes Expert and Survivor and I can help you refine your message!
Retweeted by Corey Feldman
-----------

As you can see, Corey re-tweeted that, but he may not know Jim Clemente's background.
He is retired (for a quite young age, I wonder why he retired?) fbi specialised on as mentioned above and he goes any talk show giving his opinion about molestation cases.
For example he says even though Michael found not guilty, he is still guilty, there just weren't enough evidence to put him in the jail, see here:

Corey seems to be quite vulnerable and might take up Jim C offer, and the last thing I want to hear next is that we have another case of repressed memory.
If someone could just warn Corey about this Jim guy.

I did google search on this Jim guy, and really really think he should not talk to Corey nor anyone else, he is just a double of Tom Sneddon.

Last edited:
Yes, I have seen some of Jim Clemente's interviews and he's no good. He's someone from Sneddon's circles. He's a retired FBI agent, so how does he want to help Corey? What does "refine your message" mean at all? To try to make him include MJ or what? On the TV shows Clemente was on he spouted lies about Michael how the FBI had tons of evidence against him in 2005. He failed to explain if that was the case how come that evidence was never introduced to court? He believes Gavin Arvizo - and that says it all. He also thinks Wade Robson is telling the truth, making excuses for every illogical thing in his allegations and totally ignoring the monetary motive of Robson. He's obviously someone from Sneddon's circles - he says he worked on the 2005 with the Santa Barbara authorities but he got cancer in the middle of it, so he fell out of it.

So I'm really suspicious about this offer to help "refine" Corey's message. I checked it out though and Corey retweeted tons of messages on October 31 and it was just one of those. Does not mean he will contact this guy.

What can a retired FBI agent, who worked with Tom Sneddon, possibly do to "refine his message"? Why contact him now that Corey came out with criticism about how authorities handled his allegations and the MJ case? Very suspicious.

Last edited:
Some fans have contacted Corey to warn him about this guy.

Yes, he's in league with Sneddon and a total creep. His interest and focus is on MJ. He needs to stay the hell away from Corey and from everyone to do with MJ. I'm disgusted by how brazenly shameless these people are. If they cared about real abuse and victims they wouldn't need to do this, it's scary and disturbing.

What in the hell is this??? Radar Online knows their names, but they have excluded from making them public.

But no media outlet whatsoever, has a problem with implying that Michael may have done something wrong, and with NO PROOF whatsoever. They make up lies, twist FBI reports and try to sell them off as fact, etc. That's just so wrong!:mat:

It's such bullshit that they made up and twisted all that crap in an attempt to destroy his reputation. I wish he sued the ever living hell out of them but I can understand why he didn't in the end (After being falsely made out to be something so horrifically revolting, he just wanted to move on with his life and continue being the father he was to his children).

Anyways, the reason why Radar Online won't call out these guys is because they could get into a whole lot of legal shit and be sued for defamation as Corey wouldn't have any real proof other than word of mouth. I think thats why Corey hasn't outted them publicly either ??

We all knew MJ was and is innocent. I was aware of Sneddon's tactics years ago. Corey said the same thing in 1993 when he was interviewed. He said MJ was like santa claus and would never hurt anyone. He said in 1993 that MJ never did anything to him but that he told who did and the cops and the DA did absolutely nothing. Their focus was on falsely accusing MJ. Corey has been saying this for 20 years. If the FBI had any evidence against MJ it would've been used at the 2005 trial and their files would not be saying ' not founded' in every excerpt. That Jim Clemente is a liar..

Here are the MJ-related excerpts from the book:

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Of course, I knew who Michael Jackson was even before the launch of MTV. <i>Sort of</i>. I had heard “Rock with You” and “Don&rsquo;t Stop &rsquo;Til You Get Enough,” though at the time I hadn&rsquo;t realized they were by the same person. Actually, I hadn&rsquo;t even realized they were by a <i>man</i>. The Michael Jackson of the late 1970s, I didn&rsquo;t really get. But the Michael Jackson I watched&mdash;mouth agape, standing stock-still in the middle of my grandparents&rsquo; living room&mdash;in May 1983, <i>that</i> was a guy I wanted to know more about.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <i>Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, and Forever,</i> the concert at which Jackson debuted his now legendary dance moves, is one of those iconic moments in history, like the moon landing or the day President Kennedy was shot; everyone knows exactly where they were when it happened. It is etched in my memory, indelibly printed on the film reel of my mind. That jheri curl! The glittery glove! The moonwalk! I had never seen anything like it. Even my grandfather, admittedly something of a racist (throughout my entire childhood, he referred to black people as <i>schvartzes</i>), was impressed. And that performance marked the birth of an infatuation for me just as it did for so many others. I immediately went out and bought the album; it was the first LP I purchased with my own money. Not long after that came the debut of “Thriller,” the greatest music video of all time. Fourteen minutes of pure magic directed by none other than the great John Landis.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The “Thriller” campaign, of course, was monstrous, and a then-burgeoning MTV was playing it round the clock. So every hour&mdash;on the hour&mdash;I would drop what I was doing and jump in front of the television. I studied that video until I had learned every beat, every breath, every bit of dialogue and, of course, every single second of that dance.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; My mother had enrolled me in a dance class, briefly, back when I was seven. It was a tap class, a lot of “shuffle, heel” and “kick, ball, change.” I spent the majority of the time staring at the wall or looking at my feet. When I emerged, my mother took one look at me and shook her head. “God, you must be the most uncoordinated kid in the world,” she said. It was just like being made to sing “Raindrops Keep Fallin&rsquo; on My Head” during all those auditions&mdash;I couldn&rsquo;t carry a tune. Clearly, I wasn&rsquo;t much of a dancer, either.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; But there was something about watching Michael, the way he moved, so smooth, so fluid, as if sliding across the ice; I guess I sort of got the fever. Because suddenly, I could dance. Just like Michael Jackson. Not that I was prepared to show anybody (not yet at least). But locked in my room, practicing the moonwalk in front of the mirror, I felt good about myself. I had this newfound self-confidence. That&rsquo;s part of the magic of Michael. Somehow, just by striking a pose, just hearing that opening drumbeat of “Billie Jean,” he made you feel better about yourself.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; By the time I was finishing up <i>Gremlins,</i> in the winter of 1984, my love of Michael Jackson had turned into a full-blown obsession. Someone, I no longer remember who, bought me one of those glittery Michael Jackson gloves, a cheap little thing, a crappy little glove dipped in glue and covered in glitter. In the mid-eighties, they were <i>everywhere,</i> but I adored it. I used mine as a sort of change purse, twisting the top and sticking it through my belt, like an extra-sparkly version of a fanny pack. I bought all the fan magazines, spent hours staring at pictures of him performing, and decided&mdash;improbably&mdash;that we were destined to meet. I can&rsquo;t really explain that. But I was eleven, and more than a little incorrigible.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; One day I was working with Joe Dante, wrapping up a few days of ADR (also known as “automated dialogue replacement,” the process by which actors re-record bits of dialogue in order to improve sound quality, clarity, or, sometimes, to make minor alterations to the script). During every break in the recording session, I went on and on about Michael Jackson. I couldn&rsquo;t shut up about him. Until Joe, exasperated, turned to me and said, “You know he came to the set one day?”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I stopped dead in my tracks. “What?”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Yeah, yeah, he came and visited us.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “He <i>did</i>?”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Yeah, well, you know, he&rsquo;s a friend of Steven&rsquo;s, so he came down to check out the set. Spent the whole day with us. He came to my house, actually. Steven brought him over.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Did you get to <i>see him DANCE</i>?” I asked.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Yeah, yeah, he moonwalked for us.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I imagine Joe told me all this to, once and for all, shut me up. It had the opposite effect.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; By the time I began work on <i>The Goonies,</i> about a year later, it was widely known that Steven Spielberg and Michael Jackson really were friends. (Jackson even performed the theme song for <i>E.T</i>., called “Someone in the Dark.”) I started to put two and two together: if Michael Jackson had visited the <i>Gremlins</i> set, why wouldn&rsquo;t he come to see the <i>Goonies</i>? All I had to do was ask Steven. So I did. Every day. About 150 bagillion times. I pestered him for the entire three months we spent in Oregon, and every day we continued to shoot in L.A. I couldn&rsquo;t help it. I was going to meet Michael Jackson if it killed me.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;*&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;*

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <b>Not long after </b>[&hellip;], I was in the school trailer, working away with the other <i>Goonies</i> cast members, when we were interrupted by a sharp rap on the door. We had a delivery, a giant cardboard box addressed to all the kids in the cast. Inside were seven satin jackets, emblazoned with the words “The Jacksons Victory Tour.” I realized, right then, that my dreams were about to come true.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The Victory Tour was, not surprisingly, the biggest thing happening in music. I had been hounding Steven for tickets, as well as calling in to KIIS-FM hoping to win one of their daily giveaways, but a box of tour jackets from Michael Jackson was beyond even my wildest dreams. The tickets came soon after that, along with an invitation to meet Michael after the show. I believe there were sixteen passes in total; enough for the principle cast and one of each cast members&rsquo; parents, our two on-set tutors, and Mark Marshall, Steven&rsquo;s assistant at the time. Mark was used to wrangling child actors, so it seemed only natural that he would lead us all on the trek to Dodger Stadium. It would be one of the last times all six Jackson brothers performed together; it was December 1984, the final stop of the six-month tour.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; At that point, the only concert I had ever been to was to see Styx at the Forum, around the time “Mr. Roboto” started climbing the charts. The Victory Tour was something else entirely. You could feel the energy of the crowd pulse through you in waves&mdash;even from our seats all the way at the back of the stadium. We were in the nosebleed section, so high up that the Jacksons looked like ants on the stage. But it didn&rsquo;t matter. I had dreamed of this moment. [&hellip;]
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The rest of the concert is mostly a blur to me now; what I remember most was how desperately I wanted it to be over. That&rsquo;s when it would happen&mdash;that&rsquo;s when I would meet Michael. But as the lights came on and the stadium started to empty out, there was a sudden change of plans: Michael would go back to his hotel. It was suggested that we would meet him there. As we filed back on the bus, however, word came that we were going home. This was not the plan. We were supposed to go to the show, then Michael and I would meet, and then we would become friends. What in the hell had happened?
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Back at Warner Brothers on Monday morning, I wasted no time finding out. Who knew what Michael would be up to next? Maybe he would go off to tour another part of the world. Maybe he would go into seclusion to work on his next album. I was not going to let this chance slip through my fingers, so as soon as I got to set, I ran right up to Steven Spielberg.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “What happened? We didn&rsquo;t get to meet Michael!”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Yeah, I know. Sorry about that.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “What? Why are <i>you</i> sorry?”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Well, I didn&rsquo;t think it was appropriate. Michael wanted to invite everyone back to his hotel room, but I told him no.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I stared at him.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “I thought it would be a little overwhelming,” Steven continued. “All sixteen of you, stuffed into his hotel. He&rsquo;s just finished a pretty major tour, you know. He&rsquo;s probably pretty tired.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I scoffed. Michael Jackson&mdash;I ridiculously assumed&mdash;did not get tired.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Corey?” Steven said, obviously sensing my frustration. “I do have some good news.” He waited a moment, until I had picked my head up and looked him in the eye. “He&rsquo;s going to come to set.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “When?”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Not sure yet. We&rsquo;re looking at a day two weeks from now, but it&rsquo;s not a hundred percent. Check back with me next week.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I did check back with him the following week, and every day after that. But every time I asked, something unexpected had “come up” or Michael&rsquo;s schedule had changed. I was afraid I had been duped, that maybe the meeting would never happen. I was constantly in a state of agitation, the excitement and anticipation rumbling below the surface, but I was afraid to get my hopes up. I had been disappointed so many times before.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;*&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;*
<b>Waiting for Michael </b></span>to arrive was agony. I have no idea what I was supposed to have been studying in school that day; I certainly couldn&rsquo;t concentrate. Mostly I just prayed that his schedule wouldn&rsquo;t change again, that he wouldn&rsquo;t back out at the last minute.</span>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Whenever I had a break, I would run across the lot to Steven&rsquo;s set, because it seemed like the most likely place for Michael to show up. I watched as Sean, Ke, Jeff, and Steven worked on a scene in one of the caves, positioned all the way at the back of stage 15. I was standing near the mouth of the cave, letting my imagination wander, when I suddenly felt a chill. My skin broke out in goose bumps. It was him. I could <i>feel</i> it. I turned around slowly and there, all the way at the other end of the stage, was Michael Jackson, walking directly toward me with his longtime head of security, Bill Bray.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; It was like he had stepped right out of a music video&mdash;he had the black military jacket with the giant gold buttons, the glittery belt buckle, the penny loafers, and the exposed white socks. (Later, I would realize that I had also noticed his smell. Michael always doused himself in cologne; in those days it was Giorgio Beverly Hills. I hounded my grandmother until she took me to a fragrance store and I was able to take home a free sample.) I took off at a full sprint from my spot outside the cave&mdash;halfway there I managed to get my composure; I didn&rsquo;t want his bodyguard to think I was about to bum rush him&mdash;until I was standing right at his feet. That&rsquo;s when I realized I had no idea what to say. I was standing there, right under his nose, right in front of his face, and then I stuttered. “Um&nbsp;&hellip; excuse me? Are you Michael Jackson?”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; He looked down at me from behind those giant Ray Ban aviators, tinted so dark you couldn&rsquo;t see his eyeballs at all, and said, very quietly, in that famous falsetto, “Yeah, who are you?”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “I&rsquo;m Corey Feldman,” I said. “I&rsquo;m a Goonie.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Oh, hi, Corey. How ya doing?”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I felt a smile creep across my face, squeaked out another “Hi,” and then sort of scampered off so I could watch him more comfortably from afar. I had made the introduction, we had finally, officially, met, but I was too nervous to say much else. I hovered close, and watched as Michael said hello to Steven, as they gave each other a hug, as a production assistant sidled over and offered to get him something to drink.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Apple juice,” he said. “I&rsquo;d love some Apple juice, please.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Huh. He didn&rsquo;t ask for a Coke, or a water, or anything I would have considered a remotely adult sort of beverage. That&rsquo;s interesting, I thought. He seemed&mdash;I don&rsquo;t know&mdash;relatable.

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <b>All that afternoon, </b>I was back and forth between stages, in and out of the school trailer. I couldn&rsquo;t just follow Michael around; I still had responsibilities on set. Finally, I was summoned back to Steven&rsquo;s stage, this time to film the scene where we match the skull key to a set of “triple stones” on the wall of the cave.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Someone had set up a director&rsquo;s chair for Michael. After we finished blocking the scene, Steven went over and sat down next to him. As I stood in the cave, idly chatting with Sean and Jeff, I noticed that Steven and Michael were laughing, joking, and whispering to each other. Then, Michael was pointing directly at me. Suddenly, Steven was ushering me over.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Did you have a different haircut in <i>Gremlins</i>?” he asked.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Yeah?”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Steven turned to Michael. “Well, there you go. You were right.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “I knew it!” Michael laughed. And then something incredible happened&mdash;Michael turned and spoke to me. “Corey, you were so great in that movie.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “You saw it?”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Oh, yeah. My brothers and I used to get out early from rehearsals for the Victory Tour so we could watch it over and over. We used to sneak in and sit in the back of the theater. That was my favorite movie that whole summer.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Are you serious?”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Yeah! You were so good. I think you&rsquo;re one of the best kid actors in the world. I think you&rsquo;re the next Marlon Brando.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The greatest entertainer in the world had just told me he thought I was good. I almost fainted.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Moments later I found myself posing for a picture&mdash;someone had arranged for the cast to take a group shot with Michael&mdash;and then I reluctantly went back to the school trailer. When I later returned to the set, he was gone.

*&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;*&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;*
The phone was ringing.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I had already brushed my teeth, put on my pajamas, and slid between the sheets on my bed when I heard it. I wondered if it could be him. Then I laughed. That was ridiculous. I lay down, tucked my arm behind my head, beneath the pillow, and closed my eyes. Then Boobie opened the door to my bedroom, throwing a wedge of light across the carpet. “Corey?” she whispered. “Michael Jackson is on the phone for you.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I sat up. <i>Oh my god, it was happening</i>. I threw off my blankets and scrambled out of bed, down the hallway, past the kitchen, where my grandfather was finishing his cigarette, smoking it down to the filter. He flashed me a look. I knew this look. This look said, “You&rsquo;ve got five minutes, kid.” I knew, too, that I had already broken the rules, stayed up way past my bedtime waiting for the phone to ring. I wouldn&rsquo;t be able to get away with that forever, but there was no way this was going to be a five-minute phone call.

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <b>I never got </b>to say good-bye that day, now more than one month earlier, when Michael visited the <i>Goonies</i> set. I felt like I didn&rsquo;t have closure. Everyone around me, including Steven, was placating me, saying things like, “Don&rsquo;t worry, he&rsquo;ll be back,” or “I&rsquo;m sure you&rsquo;ll have another chance.” But I couldn&rsquo;t understand why everyone was so cavalier. Did nobody realize this was, for most people, a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity? It&rsquo;s not like every day you walk down the street and bump into Michael Jackson. How, in their estimation, was this going to turn out fine? How was I supposed to “not worry?” It was terrible advice to give to a twelve-year-old.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I desperately wanted to see him again but, on some level, I had assumed that that was it. I <i>had</i> been given the chance to meet him, after all, to take a picture with him, to exchange a few words, to say hello. I did fulfill that goal. So I did the only thing there was to do. I went on with my life. We had recently transitioned from a five- to a six-day workweek. It was a hectic schedule for a kid. I was able to lose myself in the work.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; One day I was finishing up lunch in the Warner Brothers commissary, which is divided into two distinct sections: the main, public room, where the food is served cafeteria-style, and the VIP dining room, which has reserved seating, a waitstaff, and a smartly dressed ma&icirc;tre d&rsquo;. Of course, we never ate on that side. That side was for the suits.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; When I finished, I began making my way back to stage 16. Suddenly, I noticed a huge swirl of people milling around outside. Someone was standing, alone, in the middle. As I walked closer, I could just see the corner&mdash;the sleeve&mdash;of a white leather jacket, the coils of someone&rsquo;s curly black hair. This, I immediately realized, was not just any hair, however. This was <i>Jackson hair.</i> That&rsquo;s when I realized the person I was staring at was actually Michael&rsquo;s big sister. I ran up alongside Mark Marshall, also making his way back from lunch.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Is that La Toya?” I asked.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Yeah. Didn&rsquo;t I mention they were coming by today?”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “<i>They?</i>“
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “She&rsquo;s here with Michael.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “He came back? What for?”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; He looked down at me, a sly smile tugging at the corner of his lip. “Why, to see you, of course.” (This is just one example of the epic kindness of Mark Marshall; he was not above telling little white lies if it meant making a young kid&rsquo;s day.)
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Nobody told me they were coming!” I called out, already running off, pushing my way through throngs of people until I had made my way to the middle. There was La Toya, and Michael, and Steven. Steven, with a wave of his hand, said, “Come on. Let&rsquo;s show you guys some stuff.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; We had been working on the scene in the organ chamber, when Andy (Kerri Green) must play a series of chords to unlock a secret door. If she played a chord incorrectly, however, the floor beneath us would crumble, leaving us dangling in the air, holding on for dear life and, perhaps, plummeting to an untimely end. When you looked at the set from the outside it resembled a sort of funnel; wooden boards formed the cone, and the entire structure stood high above the ground.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Shooting this scene became the height of our do-your-own-stunts experience. Steven had been positioned below us, his camera angled straight up, while we stood on a ledge above him, tethered to the organ by heavy cables and a harness fastened underneath our clothes. When the floor fell out, we were supposed to cling to the walls of the cave and try not to fall into the abyss. This was actually sort of terrifying. If you looked down, you could see Steven, his crew, and a sea of expensive lighting equipment. Not exactly a soft landing if one of those cables were to snap.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This was all terribly fascinating to Michael, who started asking if he could walk up the exterior stairs and stand inside the moveable set. The special effects team sort of stared at each other&mdash;this was not exactly something the production was insured for. What would happen if Michael Jackson fell and seriously injured himself? The kids, however, immediately started begging, and eventually Steven decided it would be fine.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I positioned myself right next to Michael, told him I&rsquo;d help him navigate through safely, that he just had to “follow me.” Once I saw that it was working, that he was comfortable chatting, I realized now was the time. I summoned every bit of strength in my preteen body, took a breath, and said, “You know, I was really sad last time you left. I thought I would never see you again.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “You should have known I was going to come back,” he said. “Of course I would come back and visit you guys.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Well, right&nbsp;&hellip; but&hellip;” I thought of all those pictures I had seen of Michael with kids like Emmanuel Lewis. I wanted to be one of those kids. “I don&rsquo;t know why,” I said, “but I feel like we&rsquo;re supposed to be friends. I know you&rsquo;re friends with kids&nbsp;&hellip; Do you think that, if I gave you my phone number, maybe you could call me sometime?”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Sure.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Well, that was easy. “Really?” I asked, making sure I&rsquo;d heard him right.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Sure, yeah. No problem.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I was emboldened. “So, if I give you my number, you <i>promise</i> you&rsquo;ll call me?”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “I promise.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “When?” I asked.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “I&rsquo;ll call you tonight.”

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <b>By the time </b>I got back to my grandparents&rsquo; house, I was wired, bouncing around the house, drunk with anticipation. But when I told my grandmother that Michael Jackson was going to call me, she gave me a quizzical look.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Don&rsquo;t you think he has better things to do with his time?”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; She had a point. Still, I sat by that phone for hours. I refused to come to the dinner table. I refused to move out of the living room. I was going to wait all night for that phone to ring, or at least until 11:00 P.M., when my grandparents finally forced me to go to bed. As I trudged down the hallway to my room, my grandmother laid her hand on my shoulder. “He&rsquo;s a very busy man, Corey. You can&rsquo;t expect him to just drop everything, you know.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I did know. Which is why, when he finally called, I nearly passed out.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; We talked for two-and-a-half hours, until a little after one in the morning. What I remember most is that it was like talking to another kid. He did speak a little about Paul McCartney, and though I loved “Say, Say, Say,” that was really the extent of my Beatles knowledge. Then he told me that McCartney had written another song for him, back in the late 1970s.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “It&rsquo;s called &lsquo;Girlfriend,&rsquo;” he said. “Do you know it?”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Uh, I&rsquo;m not sure.” I didn&rsquo;t know it, but I wasn&rsquo;t about to tell him that. “How does it go?”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Then he sang the hook for me. My God, I thought, Michael Jackson is singing to me on the phone.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; When the conversation ended, around the time I could no longer hold my eyes open, I asked him if we would stay friends.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Of course we&rsquo;re going to stay friends,” he said.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Are you sure?”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Yes.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “How do you know?”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Because I have your phone number now. I just added you to my little black book.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; That&rsquo;s something that sticks out in my mind, too.

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <b>Befriending an already </b>legendary entertainer was improbable enough. Staying in contact with him was a whole other matter. These were the days before cell phones and the Internet, after all, and Michael was a person who traveled the world, lived in a sort of self-imposed (if also necessary) bubble, and was something of a paranoid. He had his phone number changed every few months.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The first time I figured this out was when I called him and got an automated recording telling me the number I had dialed had been disconnected. <i>That&rsquo;s it!</i> I thought. <i>We&rsquo;re never going to talk again!</i> Eventually he explained this was just a matter of course.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “No, silly. I&rsquo;m not changing my number because of <i>you,</i>“ he said. But I soon learned that when Michael changed his number, he changed <i>all of his numbers</i>.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; At the time he was living at Hayvenhurst, the Jackson family compound in Encino, which by then had been outfitted with a recording studio, production facilities, and multiple offices, including space for his personal assistant. All of these “departments” had their own private telephone lines, but the numbers themselves were sequential. So, if Michael&rsquo;s private number was, say, 788-8234, it stood to reason that the other numbers&mdash;to the main house, to the recording studio, to his production offices, and to the security gate&mdash;would be 788-8235; 8236; 8237; and so on. If I hadn&rsquo;t yet been given his new private line, I could usually figure it out. I&rsquo;d just punch the numbers on the keypad&mdash;each time someone would answer “MJJ Productions” or sometimes just “MJJ”&mdash;until I found the one that rang in his bedroom.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The thing about Michael is that, once you were <i>in,</i> he was just like anyone else. He didn&rsquo;t have his personal assistant answer his private line. He didn&rsquo;t have some sort of elaborate screening process. What he had was a great sense of humor.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Michael had many voices. One of his favorites was an imitation of what sounded like an uptight, conservative Caucasian; not unlike the way comedian Dave Chappelle sounds when, during some of stand-up routines, he pretends to be white. Sometimes Michael answered the phone that way. If you didn&rsquo;t know this game and you asked to speak to Michael, he might say, “There&rsquo;s no Michael Jackson here. I don&rsquo;t know what you&rsquo;re talking about, mister.” But for those on the inside, you&rsquo;d recognize this voice and introduce yourself accordingly. Then he would immediately switch back into that familiar, high-pitched falsetto. “Oh, hi, Corey,” he&rsquo;d croon. “How are you?” I figured it was a clever way to avoid talking to people he didn&rsquo;t want to.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Sometimes he would answer the phone but he wouldn&rsquo;t say anything at all. You could hear the receiver pick up, and you&rsquo;d call out, “Hello? Hello, Michael? Are you there?” but there would be no one at the other end of the line. This used to drive me nuts. Usually, after quite a long pause, he would eventually start talking. But sometimes that silence would drag on for, literally, ten or fifteen straight minutes. Most people, of course, would have hung up the phone. Not a tenacious twelve-year-old.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Occasionally, I would hear this strange tapping, as though someone were banging the receiver against some hard surface. When I finally asked him about it, he told me it was probably Bubbles. “If he gets out of his cage, he sometimes tries to answer the phone.” This, however, didn&rsquo;t sit right with me. I felt like he was toying with me, and I didn&rsquo;t appreciate it. It made me wonder who the <i>real</i> Michael might be, behind those dark glasses and all the glitter.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; By the time production of <i>The Goonies</i> was drawing to a close, Michael and I were speaking regularly, about once every two weeks. Around that time, I decided that I wanted to invite him back to the set, this time as my personal guest. “There&rsquo;s so much more for you to see,” I told him. “You still haven&rsquo;t been through the full adventure.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “What do you mean?”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “I want to take you on a private tour. Show you inside the pirate ship, all of the secret places. I want to show you how everything works.” I also wanted to show him my dressing room. I guess, when you&rsquo;re a kid and you have a friend over, you can&rsquo;t wait to show him or her your room. My dressing room at Warner Brothers was a close second to that.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; There was a long silence. I started to get nervous. Had I overstepped? Had I said something I shouldn&rsquo;t have? Finally, he spoke.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “What should I wear?”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; It would be years before I realized that part of Michael&rsquo;s magic, part of the reason he was such a genius performer, was that he was always, always <i>on.</i> Between the glasses and the costumes and the sparkles, even the way he smelled, he was completely devoted to his craft. He was never out of character. He was never not “Michael Jackson.” It wasn&rsquo;t until later that I started really paying attention to those details. It&rsquo;s sort of natural to want to emulate your idol. Everything he did would become a mold for me to try and fit into. But back then, I just didn&rsquo;t get it. I thought it would be cool to see him in normal clothes.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Don&rsquo;t you have just jeans and a T-shirt?” I asked him.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Oh, sure, I&rsquo;ve got that,” he said.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The plan was for him to visit on a Saturday, when things on a Hollywood lot aren&rsquo;t quite so hectic as usual. I took it upon myself to make all the arrangements; I informed Steven&rsquo;s office at Amblin of Michael&rsquo;s impending visit. I spoke with Richard Donner. I made sure there was a drive-on pass waiting for him at the main Warner Brothers gate. But when he showed up, in a black Mercedes with heavily tinted windows, he had on the whole getup&mdash;the black penny loafers, white socks, black pants, and some ridiculous jacket with all the rhinestones and sparkle. His hair was perfectly curled, his sunglasses were in place.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “What happened to the jeans?” I asked him.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; He looked down at his pants. “These <i>are</i> jeans.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Oh,” I said, skeptical. “Is it okay if they get dirty?”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Sure!”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; That&rsquo;s around the time I noticed he had brought along Emmanuel Lewis. Everything seemed to be working just as I had planned&mdash;I was being introduced to his other underage friends. I was becoming, finally, a part of Michael Jackson&rsquo;s inner circle.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Michael Jackson and I had been friends for nearly a year when he called me up, shortly after filming on <i>Stand by Me</i> wrapped, to invite me to a party at his home. I had never actually been to Hayvenhurst, the sprawling mock-Tudor mansion Joe Jackson purchased for his family in the early 1970s, but stories about the compound were already the stuff of legend: Michael bought his father out of the house in the early &rsquo;80s, and immediately staged a two-year-long renovation, adding a thirty-two-seat theater, a Japanese koi pond, a zoo, a Disney-style candy shop, and&mdash;as reporters so often love to point out&mdash;a “six-foot-tall <i>Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs</i> diorama.” (To my dismay, the Pirates of the Caribbean did not live in a subterranean lair beneath the backyard&mdash;that turned out to be just a rumor.) Still, Hayvenhurst was, in many ways, Michael&rsquo;s first attempt at creating his Neverland. But when he called to invite me to the party, I had yet to see the place with my own eyes.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The estate was crawling with kids&mdash;I believe Sean Astin and Ke Huy Quan were there (I may have even invited them)&mdash;as well as other random people in some way affiliated with the Jackson family. I was introduced to Dr. Steven Hoefflin, Michael&rsquo;s plastic surgeon, who was there moonlighting as a magician, and Steven&rsquo;s son, Jeff, who would one day become <i>my</i> plastic surgeon. (He had a cameo in the second season of <i>The Two Coreys,</i> when I had liposuction performed on my abdomen.) Elizabeth Taylor, however, turned out to be a no-show.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; As for Michael, he was busy balancing atop a unicycle, dressed in some kind of antique vaudevillian ensemble.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Beyond the living room was a first-floor game room; there was a spiral staircase in the corner, and an exterior staircase that ascended to a balcony. It&rsquo;s the exterior staircase that Michael took on his way back down to the party, entering the game room from the backyard patio. (He was always appearing and disappearing, and he was always, perpetually late. He loved making an entrance. Sometimes one just wasn&rsquo;t enough.) I noticed then that his hair was longer than usual; he had already started experimenting with new looks for the <i>Bad</i> album.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “Corey!” he said when he saw me. “Have you met the magician?”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I started to indicate that I had, in fact, met the doctor, when I realized that Michael was gesturing now to someone else, apparently a second magician. Later, I would discover that there were actually three different magicians at the party.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “I&rsquo;d like you to meet Majestik Magnificent Magician Extraordinaire,” he said, holding a hand out to his friend. “Majestik, this is Corey Feldman. He&rsquo;s a Goonie.”
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Majestik chuckled.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; In recent years, Majestik has spent a fair amount of time in the public eye, in particular after Michael&rsquo;s death in 2009 and during the subsequent trial of Dr. Conrad Murray. He often appears alongside Joe at events and interviews and sometimes even speaks on the family&rsquo;s behalf. The true nature of his relationship to the Jacksons, however, is something of a mystery. I&rsquo;ve often wondered if he&rsquo;s actually a blood relative. All I know for sure is that he&rsquo;s been around for decades, intertwined among the Jacksons for as long as I can remember.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; As the party dragged on, I was free to wander through a number of rooms on the ground floor. That&rsquo;s when I happened upon piles and piles of boxes, all labeled “Jackson Victory Tour,” stacked up in a room down the hall. I couldn&rsquo;t help but look inside. I pulled out a rhinestone glove and put it on.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; “You like it?” Michael asked as he came around a corner and walked farther into the room.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Michael had many, many different sequined gloves&mdash;he&rsquo;d been wearing them for years. Some were blue, or red, or covered with rhinestone netting, but this one was a white glove emblazoned with tiny Swarovski crystals. I couldn&rsquo;t believe it&mdash;I was wearing a piece of history on my hand.
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Michael, however, was disarmingly casual about the whole thing. To him, these items weren&rsquo;t historical artifacts, they were just pieces of his wardrobe. If you admired a pair of his famous Ray-Bans, he might pluck them from his head and give them to you, to <i>keep.</i> Or, if you asked about the letterman jacket he wore in “Thriller,” next thing you know, you&rsquo;d be trying it on. The jacket, after all, was just hanging there in his closet. The Hayvenhurst party was the last time I saw Michael for a matter of months.

More to come...

Back