Dirty Diana
6nxi60.jpg

Billie Jean
24d57xs.jpg

Bad
2ewfme1.jpg

Man In The Mirror
2e64oi9.jpg

Just found these (courtesy of the bad tour archives) and wow look at these.. Look at how close the audience are, that must be one of the smallest venues Michael has ever played as a solo artist.

Can someone figure out where this is?

Last edited:
Those are awesome pictures.
Too bad someone was selfish enough to put a fat ass watermark all over the pictures.

They're great, thanks. I don't mind about watermarks, I guess these are a bit too large but at least the person shared

Just found these (courtesy of the bad tour archives) and wow look at these.. Look at how close the audience are, that must be one of the smallest venues Michael has ever played as a solo artist.

Can someone figure out where this is?

Well, no. He played arenas in the states. Hardly small. Obviously, not as huge as stadiums he did in Europe, but still big.
But in Michael Jackson terms, it was intimate. People who had floor seats didn't have as big of a barrier or as high of a stage (and seats!).

I'm always curious as to why the U.S. shows were in arenas over 2 to 3 night residencies, rather than 1 or 2 stadium shows. Also, the U.S. shows floor sections were seats, rather than general admission standing.

I guess the way audiences flock to live shows in the states are different than in Europe.

But anyhoo, nice pics!

Another awesome aspect of what could have been with THIS IS IT is it would have been his first tour where everyone has an HD camera in their pockets to take pics and video. There would have been a wealth of material from those shows online!

Well, no. He played arenas in the states. Hardly small. Obviously, not as huge as stadiums he did in Europe, but still big.
But in Michael Jackson terms, it was intimate. People who had floor seats didn't have as big of a barrier or as high of a stage (and seats!).

I'm always curious as to why the U.S. shows were in arenas over 2 to 3 night residencies, rather than 1 or 2 stadium shows. Also, the U.S. shows floor sections were seats, rather than general admission standing.

I guess the way audiences flock to live shows in the states are different than in Europe.

But anyhoo, nice pics!

Another awesome aspect of what could have been with THIS IS IT is it would have been his first tour where everyone has an HD camera in their pockets to take pics and video. There would have been a wealth of material from those shows online!

If only...

Thanks. These are nice pictures, I really adore the Dirty Diana one

Excellent images, taken from the grandstand side of any arena in the United States, it seemed to me strange for fans to buy tickets for this sector where nearly everything you see the show back to Mj.

It's because the other seats would be sold out or a lot cheaper in these obscured areas.
It's not the best seats, but if the show was sold out and only these weird seats were left...

Hubba Hubba :naughty: Thank you so much for sharing Themidwestcowboy!

Excellent images, taken from the grandstand side of any arena in the United States, it seemed to me strange for fans to buy tickets for this sector where nearly everything you see the show back to Mj.

Personally I could have care less, I'd take MJ's back any day of the week :D

Awesome pics, thank you! I tried to find them without logo - no way :)

Last edited:

But anyhoo, nice pics!

Probably cuz the venues didn't want to shell out more $ for extra emergency services to be on stand-by; a standing room only crowd would've clobbered each other for Michael lol. There's more crowd control with a seated venue, fire codes have to be adhered to (i.e. no standing in the walkways or else security boots you from the premises), I guess it was their passive-aggresive way of making sure things didn't get super unruly lol.

Pity though, I loooove festival seating shows; the concerts that I've gone to where I felt the most alive and in-the-moment were standing room only.

Back