Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton tributes Michael Jackson with new helmet design

HIStory

Proud Member
This is Lewis Hamilton's helmet design for this weekend's Formula One US Grand Prix. :punk:

i38gpc.jpg

Great job :clapping:

Lewis Hamilton ?@LewisHamilton 10h
For the Austin race, i wanted to dedicate this helmet to my favourite artist MJ. So, here it is. #smoothcriminal #MJ pic.twitter.com/1jkKMOBQyU

wohoooo very cool helmet Mr. Hamilton!!!!!!:clapping:

it's such a beautiful design, i know michael would have been proud :) also, his tweets showing this helmet are getting 100% positive replies which pleases me!

it's such a beautiful design, i know michael would have been proud :) also, his tweets showing this helmet are getting 100% positive replies which pleases me!

It's nice to see tributes like this whenever they appear.

'Will always love you' This is a wonderful tribute to Michael, it made my heart happy.

Fingers xed for sunday.

From an interview in oct 09 -
Lewis Hamilton has revealed that not only is Michael Jackson his favourite artist of all time, but that he feels he had a lot in common with the late King Of Pop.

Talking in an interview to be aired tomorrow on Kiss, Formula 1 champ Lewis explained: "We share some things in common, my dad always pushed me very hard, and his dad pushed him very hard and always wanted the best for him."

"I had a huge amount of respect for him for what he achieved in such a staggering long career.

"I still think today and for many many years and decades he will continue to be the greatest of all time, I don’t think anyone can match him."

wow, after watching him all these years driving, i have never known that he is an michael jackson fan.
but now it sounds plausible.

Wow just imagine one could buy it as motor bike helmet design... I'd get it in the glimpse of a second!

1421226_571454849589579_1694085064_o.jpg

"GOOD LUCK" Lewis Hamilton" ~ In around 1hr Lewis will line up for the Formula 1 race in Austin, Texas wearing his specially designed 'Michael' tribute helmet, which we hope will bring him the best of luck and especially a safe race.

Lewis, posted the pics of his 'special' helmet for this weekend's race in Austin, earlier this week with the dedication ~
"For the Austin race, I wanted to dedicate this helmet to my favourite artist MJ. So, here it is.#smoothcriminal #MJ

The helmet includes artwork of Michael in 'Smooth Criminal' lean, the words 'Smooth Criminal' on the rear and a 'Thriller' pic on the top of the helmet. The helmet also reads “We’ll Always Love You - Rest in Peace MJ"

Lewis, who was the 2008 F1 World Champion and is currently 4th in this year's standings, races for the Mercedes AMG team, will start today's race in 5th place on the grid.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...21185843.20499.116222408446161&type=1&theater

i saw the race. and in my opinion this was boycott.
normally before the race they showing the top drivers. very close video footage with the helmet. but no they only showed a very short sequence, far away from the car. so noone see anything. but they did on vettel (also had a new design on his helmet, and they showed it many many times!).
then the race. normally they show onboard video footage of the top drivers were you can clearly see the design of the helmet. sure they did from all of them. but not from lewis hamilton. not a single second. next. after his pit stop (of course far away, and the scene were you can clearly see the helmet was not included, also no footage from above were you could see the thriller picture of mj), there was no footage of hamilton anymore. for 30!!! laps. nothing. til the end. nothing! they showed all the other top 10 drivers. but not a single second from the driver in position 4, lewis hamilton.
and that is boycott. i'm watching formula one since the 80's, but i can't remember seeing nearly no footage from the driver in the 4th position.
the only time i saw anything was on qualifying on saturday. there you were able to see half of the thriller picture.
shame on this assholes!

btw, the race was boring as always. since vettel is driving, formula one is dying.

Last edited:
They did show his helmet yesterday during qualifying though. And in my country in the build up program they did a segment on the new helmets of all drivers (several drivers had special painting for this race) and they played Smooth Criminal during that segment. :)

BTW, the race was awful boring, but it's almost always the case these days with Vettel's dominance. I have nothing against him, but I hope the field will be closer together next year.

BTW, the race was awful boring, but it's almost always the case these days with Vettel's dominance. I have nothing against him, but I hope the field will be closer together next year.

Forumla 1 seems to be all about the car technology rather than the skills of the drivers.

Vettel's a bit boring but at least he has good taste. From a 2010 interview

Q - Who were your childhood heroes?
Vettel - The three Michaels - Michael Schumacher, Michael Jordan and Michael Jackson. I wanted to become Michael Jackson when I was young. It was painful to realise that I didn't have the voice ..

Back