Lady Gaga to open Michael Jackson museum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metin Jackson

Proud Member
Lady Gaga to open Michael Jackson museum and showcase the £1.25 MILLION worth of his stuff she owns

There’s not enough weirdness in America, so I look forward to the opening of Lady Gaga’s Michael Jackson museum.

Yes, really.

The Poker Face singer is creating her own tourist hotspot by opening a base to showcase the £1.25million worth of *****'s stuff she owns.

Gaga, 27, is currently seeking the backing off the estate of MJ and his kids, but is already looking for a location for the treasury.

In 2012 the singer bought 55 items from an auction of the late Bad megastar’s possessions.

Gaga now owns his famous Thriller jacket as well as a white Swarovski crystal encrusted glove (that set her back £117,800) which you’ll all soon be able to go and see.

I’m told: “Gaga is a huge Michael fan, and she feels that there needs to be a real museum to celebrate his life
and work.

“She has been stocking up on items from all over the world. Some of her purchases have been under different names so that she is not overpaying for artifacts. But now she has a few pieces she is planning out the next stage of where the location for the museum should be.

Michael-Jackson-main-2132209.jpg

Gaga's a big ***** fan

“She’s considering Gary, Indiana where Jackson started his career, her hometown NYC or Los Angeles, close to his Neverland home.”

Lawyers for the estate of Michael Jackson own the rights to his music and image, so Gaga needs to get them on board if she is to make a go of things.

But she’s going the right way about it and is keeping his clobber “pristine” in a temperature controlled environment.

Gaga says: “I will put together a museum and put the money to a foundation he cares about.

“The reason I bought Michael’s clothes was because my tour clothes mean more to me than anything, my awards, records. I believe they carry the energy and memories of the night.

“With Michael’s clothes being sold when he was not here made me feel really uncomfortable, upset and I don’t why. I take care of them – they are in the right temperature
and are preserved. I have spent millions.”

She has also said of her decision to buy the collection: “I believe that the fans’ energy gets stuck in the clothes. I wanted to preserve that for him.”

Mirror.co.uk
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/lady-gaga-open-michael-jackson-3002667#ixzz2ptakDU8F

Sorry but this article will start with bull-crap and end with the same.

This article comes from the same rag that posted:
Michael Jackson paid £23MILLION buying silence of at least TWO DOZEN young boys he abused over 15 years. Michael Jackson enticed "lost boys" into sordid fantasy world hidden from their parents

The only true that I know of is that Lady Gaga own MJ's clothes worth of million and will put them some place where fans can go to see them, but Mirror is making this up.
Lady G does not own The Thriller jacket but a Thriller jacket:)

while I would like a Michael museum created I thinks she should let the estate run this instead, they have many thing's she doesn't, not to mention Michael's vast amount of clothing owned by Michael Bush. I just think there could be more use in displaying more than 55 items or whatever she has. Personally I think she's using the rumours of her opening this is it as a plot to get focus on herself rather than Michael's Short Film & Touring significance.

This is fiction.
Yes, Lady G owns some of MJ's old tour clothes. Yes she is taking good care of them (according to her).
She may even want to set up a museum, but I think it's just been fabricated by the Mirror.
The MJ Estate would not allow her to set up a museum with her limited quantity of clothing and other items when they have warehouses full of the stuff themselves that could produce a much better experience for fans and line their own pockets, rather than hers. It wouldn't make any commercial sense for them to let her do it instead of doing it themselves.

Anybody with half a brain can tell the Lady Gaga MJ museum is not going to happen.
Unfortunately most people who read the Mirror don't have half a brain so they'll believe it as though it's gospel.

Personally I think she's using the rumours of her opening this is it as a plot to get focus on herself rather than Michael's Short Film & Touring significance.

What is it with some people always having to try and find a negative in something so positive? While I'm not sure if this is true or not (It probably isn't), if it is - great! She has a lot of material now that could benefit a museum related to MJ and she would obviously have to contact the Estate to actually go through with this.

They would most likely take over and run it themselves (perhaps with the support of her and the goods she owns), but assuming this rumour is true, at least she's standing up to help preserve his legacy. Gaga is known to have quite a true admiration and appreciation for art and, as we can see in recent interviews, she obviously sees Michael's clothing and legacy as an art form in itself.

We've had so many people try to tear down MJ's legacy in the past year or so and yet, when someone tries to do something to help his legacy, you immediately try to find negatives (which probably aren't even there) and automatically assume the worst?

Seriously...
lEP59mU.gif

while I would like a Michael museum created I thinks she should let the estate run this instead, they have many thing's she doesn't, not to mention Michael's vast amount of clothing owned by Michael Bush. I just think there could be more use in displaying more than 55 items or whatever she has. Personally I think she's using the rumours of her opening this is it as a plot to get focus on herself rather than Michael's Short Film & Touring significance.

Michael Bush sold off his 'vast amount of Michael's clothing' via Julien's auctions, last year. That's how Lady G bought some of her items.

Unless I see Gaga actually officially tweet this news from her official Twitter account or give a real interview or press release, it's really doubtful it's true. The Mirror is one of the worst lying publications out there.

And look at how they start the article - the very first sentence.

Whoever wrote that article - they can just stay the hell of out America, if they think it's that weird.:mello:

You realize she wouldn't personally be running it, right? And wouldn't the estate make their own museum if they wanted to? So if someone else wants to do it with their blessing...

55 is a lot, actually. And it would probably have more stuff from the estate if they want to be involved. They can make little mini areas for each outfit and recreations of scenes with all of these things.

Anyhow, this article is just poorly written.

What is it with some people always having to try and find a negative in something so positive? While I'm not sure if this is true or not (It probably isn't), if it is - great! She has a lot of material now that could benefit a museum related to MJ and she would obviously have to contact the Estate to actually go through with this.

They would most likely take over and run it themselves (perhaps with the support of her and the goods she owns), but assuming this rumour is true, at least she's standing up to help preserve his legacy. Gaga is known to have quite a true admiration and appreciation for art and, as we can see in recent interviews, she obviously sees Michael's clothing and legacy as an art form in itself.

We've had so many people try to tear down MJ's legacy in the past year or so and yet, when someone tries to do something to help his legacy, you immediately try to find negatives (which probably aren't even there) and automatically assume the worst?

Seriously...
lEP59mU.gif

I find it funny when people react this way to those who think that just maybe she's using Michael's name, for her own good, when things like this come up. We can't prove either way, no matter what opinion one may have, so why should someone not be able to ponder that thought? I know she hasn't said much of anything since buying his stuff, but so far we have yet to see her share ANY of it with any of us, despite what she may or may not have said. So excuse someone for being skeptical.

I don't think anyone should have to feel sorry for being protective over these types of things.

I know she hasn't said much of anything since buying his stuff, but so far we have yet to see her share ANY of it with any of us, despite what she may or may not have said. So excuse someone for being skeptical.

She has discussed Michael's clothing quite a bit in detail since she purchased them - on both the Ellen Show and the Howard Stern Show (as you can see below).

And yet, when rumours of the first opportunity to actually share these pieces of art with us (not long after she actually bought them), some people assume it's for the sole purpose of attention? Knowing how much Gaga looks up to Michael, I believe that if this rumour was actually to happen (which it probably won't), Gaga would do it in the interest of art and promoting Michael's legacy through his iconic fashion. You are right in the sense that we can't prove it either way, but there are far better ways for Gaga to get attention.

Last edited:
I find it funny when people react this way to those who think that just maybe she's using Michael's name, for her own good, when things like this come up. We can't prove either way, no matter what opinion one may have, so why should someone not be able to ponder that thought? I know she hasn't said much of anything since buying his stuff, but so far we have yet to see her share ANY of it with any of us, despite what she may or may not have said. So excuse someone for being skeptical.

I don't think anyone should have to feel sorry for being protective over these types of things.

But Zakk always has something negative to say about Gaga, though. Even when it's unnecessary. (Like that time he said she's too skinny and should fatten up to be a better role model...wtf??)

Why would any fan have a problem with her putting his clothes in a place people can see in person?? She even said in interviews her good intentions for all these items she bought.

*breathe*

I saw this on GagaDaily and was pondering opening up this thread beforehand,but someone already did.I'm very skeptical about believing this,but if it's true,then I know what I'm adding to my summer MJ trip.:)

But Zakk always has something negative to say about Gaga, though. Even when it's unnecessary. (Like that time he said she's too skinny and should fatten up to be a better role model...wtf??)

Why would any fan have a problem with her putting his clothes in a place people can see in person?? She even said in interviews her good intentions for all these items she bought.

*breathe*

A fan shouldn't have a problem with that. I actually didn't even get that off of the statement made in this thread. Fact is, people can and will rightfully question if it's all genuine or not. Why shouldn't they? She isn't the first superstar to come out and say something positive about Michael when its convient, only to change tones later on. That isn't even the issue though, thing is, she has yet to share anything, regardless of what she's said on "Ellen" or whereever else, she hasn't shared any of what she's brought with any fans or has had them viewable in such a venue.

Given the history of Michael and other talents, and how protective we can be over his image and legacy, I don't see why anyone would find such skeptism surprising.

If true (which I'm not sure it is), I'd rather prefer it was run by the Estate. Since I'm still very skeptical about her so called love for Michael, I see it as way to seek attention (if it were true she has that plan.)

The bolded part of your post, THANK YOU!

A fan shouldn't have a problem with that. I actually didn't even get that off of the statement made in this thread. Fact is, people can and will rightfully question if it's all genuine or not. Why shouldn't they? She isn't the first superstar to come out and say something positive about Michael when its convient, only to change tones later on. That isn't even the issue though, thing is, she has yet to share anything, regardless of what she's said on "Ellen" or whereever else, she hasn't shared any of what she's brought with any fans or has had them viewable in such a venue.

Given the history of Michael and other talents, and how protective we can be over his image and legacy, I don't see why anyone would find such skeptism surprising.

Seriously...
lEP59mU.gif
I agree-I "watched" the auction through the internet and by the middle of it when she was buying the Bad Tour stuff, I was wildly rooting for her, even though I didn't know it was her, of course, until it was over. I got excited because the clothes were being bought by one buyer-and I DIDN'T want to see them separated to the four corners of the world)

She's always been admiring of Michael and has discussed her purchases with real reverence. I haven't been interested in any music artists in years and years, but my respect for her went way up immediately after the auction.

So I hope she gets it going. The Estate can have one too-no reason not to have a few musuems-

Last edited:
That isn't even the issue though, thing is, she has yet to share anything, regardless of what she's said on "Ellen" or whereever else, she hasn't shared any of what she's brought with any fans or has had them viewable in such a venue.

I can see why you are skeptical, sure, but can you really blame her? She hasn't had them for that long, since December 2012 if I recall correctly, and 2013 has been an extremely busy/stressful year for her. She's performed on tour, been in hospital for surgery, spent months to recover from this surgery, worked on her latest album/single, worked on her performances, focus on the release of this new album, prepare for an entirely new tour, lost a lot of friends when she realized they only cared about her if she could perform and make money, had to get new management and stuff too. Idk she's had a really busy and stressful year that she hasn't really had the opportunity to showcase Michael's clothes to us yet, sadly.

Oh and Snow White, don't worry. If she was to do this, she'd very likely have to go through The Estate, and I'm pretty sure they'd want to run it themselves. The most Gaga would do is donate some items, maybe offer an idea or two. Perhaps deliver a speech on opening night or something. Overall though it'd be in the control of the Estate, not Gaga :)

Last edited:
when there is no sucess anymore, one flop after another, the album a MEGA Flop, the career nearly over, what are u doing? .... yeah, opening a museum, with clothes that does not belong to you. and to use the name of the biggest of all time to get the attention back. yeah, thats easy.
the only one that should open a museum is the estate. without something like this gaga. and all the clothes belong to the estate, after the KING is dead. noone else!

when there is no sucess anymore, one flop after another, the album a MEGA Flop, the career nearly over, what are u doing? .... yeah, opening a museum, with clothes that does not belong to you. and to use the name of the biggest of all time to get the attention back. yeah, thats easy.
the only one that should open a museum is the estate. without something like this gaga. and all the clothes belong to the estate, after the KING is dead. noone else!

Huh? Why the anger towards Lady Gaga? Who says her career is over? What do you mean those clothes doesn't belong to her? She paid millions of them and she rightfully owns them, just like when you buy a MJ shirt, you own it. Secondly, the only thing we heard straight from her mouth regarding these clothes, she said she will store them properly and one day she do something with them that fans can see them, rest of it is tabloid stories.

^^Well said.

If there's someone you should be hating, mjchris, it's not Gaga. There's no doubt a few people around the world who own some of MJ's clothes, who don't take great care them and would only lend it to the Estate for a handsome sum of cash (should the Estate decide to open a museum).

At least Lady Gaga has expressed interest in the idea in donating some of the iconic pieces she owns towards an MJ museum! At least Lady Gaga is taking proper care of them! You heard it straight from her mouth in the Ellen interview on Page 1 - she has them in a special room at the correct temperature in the right conditions. She takes extremely good care of them and it's incredibly obvious that she has a true appreciation of them.

If there was someone who was taking care of Michael's clothes, I'd rather it be the Estate or Lady Gaga, people who would genuinely appreciate and care for these wonderful pieces of art.

When MJ bought The Beatles catalog lots of Beatles fans wanted his head on a stick, and for what? Now some MJ fans want Lada Gaga's head on a stick for buying his clothes, and for what? Lady Gaga bought those clothes fair and square

Michael bought the Beatles publishing rights but the songs aren't his. Same case with LG, she bought Michael's clothes but those aren't hers. All my annoyance with her was how she made super elegant and classy outfit for the Oscars looking sloppy and ridiculous. She should never wear Michael's clothing ever again. I don't get how the clothes were in Michael Bush possession if MJ paid him and Denis Tompkins for their work.

Michael bought the Beatles publishing rights but the songs aren't his. Same case with LG, she bought Michael's clothes but those aren't hers.

She doesn't call the clothes 'hers' in that sense though, she calls them Michael Jacksons clothes. Physically and legally, they are the property of Lady Gaga, even if they were Michael Jackson's clothes.

Just like how legally the Beatles publishing rights were owned by Michael Jackson, even if they were The Beatles songs. Michael never said they were 'his' songs, but neither has Gaga ever said they were 'her' clothes either - she refers to them as 'his clothes' when she discusses them.

MJ bought the Beatles and that Oscar Gaga bought his clothes. As long as she doesn't create something with them/ruin them I see no problem with it.

I'm pretty sure having five Grammy's as a 27-year-old musician,writing your own music,selling over a million copies of your fourth album in two months and having sellout concerts in stadiums around America doesn't constitute as a flop.Your argument is highly invalid.Try again.

Huh? Why the anger towards Lady Gaga? Who says her career is over? What do you mean those clothes doesn't belong to her? She paid millions of them and she rightfully owns them, just like when you buy a MJ shirt, you own it. Secondly, the only thing we heard straight from her mouth regarding these clothes, she said she will store them properly and one day she do something with them that fans can see them, rest of it is tabloid stories.

when i look what happens on the charts. its nearly over. big LOL
you dont understand the situation completely. when i buy a t-shirt noone before me have worn it. so it belongs to me. when michael jackson worn his clothes, then they belong to him. and when michael jackson dies the clothes belong to him. and when someone else pay millions for them then they are still michael jacksons clothes. they can pay millions and millions. the man that worns them, the man that have the right over them was and will allways be michael jackson. noone else. AMEN.
and the only one that should own his clothes and open a museum (now often said) is the MJ ESATE. they should give them back to them, get the money back cause they dont belong too such peoples and only use this for PR.
and the only thing she is doing with michael jackson's clothes (not gagas clothes) is to going into a interview, creating attention, use michael jacksons name to get the PR she needs when there is no success anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back