new MJ/J5 releases from the Motown vault when the 'new' MJ (Sony) album comes out?

coffre

Proud Member
What do you think, will Universal Music/Motown Records coincidentally discover unreleased MJ/J5 songs within their vault by the time when the new MJ album gets released with Sony Music?

imo, Come and Get It: The Rare Pearls was more superior contentwise than BAD25

I think they released all there is with Come and Get It: The Rare Pearls. Great release. Much superior contentwise than BAD25.

I think they released all there is with Come and Get It: The Rare Pearls. Great release. Much superior contentwise than BAD25.

Nope. There's still quite a bit more J5 material in the vaults, not to mention they've released much of the unreleased material from 1973-75 sessions

I think we'll see another J5 compilation when Sony releases the next MJ release

I am not sure they will release another compilation near the next MJ release however, I welcome any product they distribute. I truly enjoy Rare Pearls and the J5 Ultimate Collection!

Nope. There's still quite a bit more J5 material in the vaults, not to mention they've released much of the unreleased material from 1973-75 sessions

if my mind serves me right, Russ Terrana mixed 10 songs for IWYB-Unreleased Masters. Only 3 of them have been released so far. The remaining could be compiled very quickly along with 3/4 alternate or live takes.

Last edited:
I am not sure they will release another compilation near the next MJ release however, I welcome any product they distribute. I truly enjoy Rare Pearls and the J5 Ultimate Collection!

They've been doing that formula since The Jacksons left Motown

The Jacksons- Motown released Joyful Jukebox Music weeks before Epic released the groups new album

Goin Places- Motown released a greatest hits album

Destiny- Motown released Boogie 3 weeks later

Off The Wall/ Triumph- Motown released One Day In Your Life

Thriller- 16 Greatest Hits released

when Victory was announced, Farewell My Summer Love came

when word came Bad was coming, Looking Back At Yesterday came

Bad- the original soul of mj was released a bit of a month later with remixes sounding Bad-esque

HIStory- Soulsation and Anthology followed. Motown's advert even hinted at HIStory

the reissues were announced and when they were postponed, Motown released the 2fers

Invincible came- love songs followed...

the list goes on....

Motown are another company that keep on beating a dead horse. Although I will welcome anything they release.

They've released some excellent items in the past 5 years.

Sony/Epic "The Collection" ---> Universal/Motown "Hello World"
Sony/Epic "This Is It" ---> Universal/Motown "IWYB Unreleased Masters"
Sony/Epic "MICHAEL" ---> Universal/Motown "Live At The Forum"
Sony/Epic "Bad 25" ---> Universal/Motown "CAGI The Rare Pearls"

Back