What do you call the song?

• Heartbreak Hotel

Votes: 46 85.2%
  • This Place Hotel

Votes: 8 14.8%

• Total voters

analogue

Proud Member
For me the song will always be called Heartbreak Hotel. I don't understand why it was changed to avoid confusing with the Elvis Presley song. There are lots of different songs out there that share the same title. Heartbreak Hotel shouldn't be any different

I agree, I'd rather call it "Heartbreak Hotel" it's far more fitting. Yeah there's a lot of songs with same title of the songs but the lyrics are very different.

And Micheal himself always called it Heartbreak Hotel

Epic is completely idiotic for renaming it This Place Hotel. That makes no logical sense. Why not just call it Hotel? Or just Heartbreak? Or even This is Heartbreak?

In any case, I call it Heartbreak Hotel. Elvis can piss off.

what the heck, they changed the name? oh please there are plenty of other songs out there with the same name. whitney Houston is one example if I'm not mistaken. doesn't she have a song called heartbreak hotel also? I'm sorry Epic, but for me the name "heartbreak hotel" will remain the title of Michael's song in my eyes.

Epic is completely idiotic for renaming it This Place Hotel. That makes no logical sense. Why not just call it Hotel? Or just Heartbreak? Or even This is Heartbreak?

In any case, I call it Heartbreak Hotel. Elvis can piss off.

Bit retarded to tell elvis to piss off if it isn't personally at his request to change the song title...

There are literally zillions of songs with the same title and I never understood why they made a big deal out of this one.
When Justin Timberlake came out with "Cry Me a River" I just assumed it was the old jazz standard made famous by Julie London-it wasn't. The Jacksons, themselves, have lots of songs with the same title-IMO Epic should just change it to "Hearbreak Hotel" officially.

I always call it Heartbreak Hotel. Not only was it a stupid idea to change the name, the title they replaced it with just sounds idiotic. That's the best they could come up with? :smilerolleyes: I know companies will do that sometimes, change names to avoid confusion. Like changing Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone just because they assume people are morons who can't figure things out for themselves.

There are at least four different Heartbreak Hotels in popular music. Four totally different songs. No one else was bothered to change the title because of the Elvis song. They should not have changed the title.

The other two HHs:

Written, Composed & Produced by Michael Jackson. 'Heartbreak Hotel' is what i will always call it. You Never heard Michael sing ''This Is This Place Hotel'' on the BAD Tour, lol

In his book MJ seemed to prefer calling Heartbreak Hotel and said this place hotel, was Epic's doing, So I say Heartbreak Hotel because that's what Mike called it.

Always Heartbreak Hotel. When I was in grammar school and I bought the Triumph album, I remember thinking that they made a typo. When I found out the truth, I thought it was so silly because This Place Hotel doesn't even make any sense.

Besides being an idiotic idea to change the title, grammatically it makes no sense. I call both Elvis and Michael song Heartbreak Hotel and I love them. I hate This Place Hotel.

I really hate the fact that they called it This Place Hotel for the Bad Wembley DVD.

For me it was Heartbreak Hotel ... even if other artists have songs with the same name.

Always was Heartbreak Hotel to me ever since The Legend Continues. I know it said This Place Hotel, but I was a child and couldnt read and always knew it as Heartbreak Hotel.

I remember when I first got Triumph it took me ages to get to This Place Hotel and realise it was the same song. Ah, I miss being a child.

My Triumph LP sure as hell says Heartbreak Hotel anyways!

I use heartbreak hotel simply because it's quicker to type in a search bar, and as for the other two heartbreak hotels I haven't even heard them nor do I care to. :)

Aren't there at least 3 or 4 songs entitled "One More Chance" between Michael and all the Jacksons?
Yea so i dont underst...maybe it was just in the early 80s...because quincy wanted to change billie jean to not my lover

I always call it Heartbreak Hotel. I don't get the big fuss about making everybody call it This Place Hotel. Songs that share titles DO exist....I mean, "Hold On" by Kansas, "Hold On" by Yngwie Malmsteens Rising Force, "Hold On" by Wilson-Philips...all different songs, just same names.

Yea so i dont underst...maybe it was just in the early 80s...because quincy wanted to change billie jean to not my lover
That's not because of another song having the same title. There was a tennis player named Billie Jean King and Quincy didn't want people thinking the song was about her.

Back