Word to the Badd

Dilan

Proud Member
Does anybody else love this song? Conceptually I hate it butin terms of production and lyrical delivery it sounds brilliant. Also for people who have heard this have you noticed that their is a part of the lyrics which goes "Gone too far you better turn back" but it actually sounds like "better turn black" and you hear jermaine laughing? Also, just read that L.A Reid helped make this song... yet he is now working on a posthumous mj album...

Does anybody else love this song? Conceptually I hate it butin terms of production and lyrical delivery it sounds brilliant. Also for people who have heard this have you noticed that their is a part of the lyrics which goes "Gone too far you better turn back" but it actually sounds like "better turn black" and you hear jermaine laughing? Also, just read that L.A Reid helped make this song... yet he is now working on a posthumous mj album...

And it did wonders for Jermaine's career

Does anybody else love this song?

2qusmyo.gif

alternate

You know there is another version with different lyrics. I have the import album and it has both versions, but the original US version only had the non-Michael version. LA Reid and Babyface produced the entire album, and they co-wrote this song with Daryl Simmons, Jermaine, and Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes. Left Eye and T-Boz sung background on the song, which was released before TLC put out anything. You can hear T-Boz saying the title during the chorus. Babyface later wrote the soundtrack song On The Line for Mike, which was from the movie of the same name.

I've heard the version written about Michael, but the version I have on my iTunes/Spotify is the other version. That seems to be the only one that is readily available.

That whole album was terrible. Jermaine was losing it at the time.
You must not be into New Jack Swing, because it pretty much sounds like LA & Babyface's other productions of the time like Bobby Brown, Sheena Easton, & Pebbles. Rebel is similar to Queen Of The Night by Whitney Houston, also a LA & Babyface production, and they produced some of the songs on The Jacksons' 2300 Jackson Street album, and so did Teddy Riley. Besides hip hop, New Jack was the in sound of that time.

How can you be a MJ fan and support this song? What a shame.

I'm scratching my head on that one too, LMFAO! Maybe they also bought LaToya's book (the one she accused her brother of being a pedophile) and thought it was cool, too?

I guess people are allowed a free pass to diss Mike if one is related to him? *roll eyes*

I like the instrumental and the vocal performance. But i don't like the lyrics/message of the song.

Last edited:
I'm scratching my head on that one too, LMFAO! Maybe they also bought LaToya's book (the one she accused her brother of being a pedophile) and thought it was cool, too?

I guess people are allowed a free pass to diss Mike if one is related to him? *roll eyes*
I strongly disagree. If you're a fan, you're a fan no matter what your opinions are. No other fan can determine that. Yeah, I have bought the La Toya book (used, from a flie market at a 2 euro price) to read it and to understand what exactly was said. No, I didn't believe a word she wrote nor did I take the book as anything more than a joke. Someone liking a Jermaine Jackson song that was originally a Michael-diss doesn't make them a bad fan. He/she made it clear in the post that the content he/she hates.

I strongly disagree. If you're a fan, you're a fan no matter what your opinions are. No other fan can determine that. Yeah, I have bought the La Toya book (used, from a flie market at a 2 euro price) to read it and to understand what exactly was said. No, I didn't believe a word she wrote nor did I take the book as anything more than a joke. Someone liking a Jermaine Jackson song that was originally a Michael-diss doesn't make them a bad fan. He/she made it clear in the post that the content he/she hates.

Nowhere in my post did I state it makes someone a "bad fan", only that it doesn't make sense. If something is touching your conscious for putting money into Latoya and Jermaine's pockets for purchasing that nonsense, that's on YOU. As for me and my money, I won't waste it on such foolishness, lol!

I didn't need to read her book (or buy WTTB) to understand what was said. The fact that they'd go so low into the gutter to make a buck off of betraying their own BROTHER speaks volumes and I didn't have to turn a page or buy a record to see how horrible that was. Family is supposed to have your back when the world is trying to destroy you. Those two despicable "siblings" brought the rope to the high tech lynching of their own loved one.

That kind of madness I can't wrap my head around nor do I want any part of it.

Last edited:
I tell you what fame torn this family apart and it was sad to see. What happen in this family should have never happen. A family that prayer together stay together.
That imo.

Last edited:
Back