The Confessional

Spyce

Guests
I cannot believe something like this has not been started before, and I think it can be a lot of fun :)

Everybody has something they are embarrassed to admit to, and this is the place where you can come and make your confessions! The intention is for this thread to be light-hearted and fun, but if you have something a little heavier or more serious you want to confess to, then by all means. Your post is your confession, so say whatever you would like :)

And your confessions do not have to be MJ-related.

I'll start (and mine just so happens to be)...

------------------------------

This is actually a little embarrassing for me to admit to, as poor Mike will probably be rolling in his grave but... here goes...

I was about 15/16 years old at the time and a then-unknown band, Alien Ant Farm, released a song called "Smooth Criminal". I remember really liking the song. It was catchy and it had a nice beat I could dance to. I knew the song wasn't theirs and that they had covered it from somebody else, but I didn't know who, and to be perfectly honest, it didn't really matter to me. Even though I knew this was a cover, I felt they had done a pretty decent job. Not perfect, not better than the original by any means, but it certainly wasn't bad.

Yes. You read that correctly. I didn't know who.

It wasn't until probably weeks or even months later that I learned who the song actually belonged to :lol:

(Michael, I am so sorry! Please forgive me? :praying)

Actually, I look back on that now and I laugh so hard. It's one of those things that is just so ridiculously absurd with all that I now know, it's like, how could I- #1) not know who originally wrote/performed Smooth Criminal and #2) not know that it was one of Michael's greatest pieces?

I was such an idiot back then :rollin:

Okay... who's next?

Great idea!!
I was younger and I was in my room pretending that I was Michael's sister and I was yammering on and on about him, then I needed to come back to reality for a sec and asked my mom something, well when I went to say "mommy" I said "Michael" instead OMG I COULD HAVE DIED! I was sooo embarrassed!

COOL thread! :clap:

I remember an 'embarrassing' situation though :blush:

In 1995, I had TV in my bedroom at home and YANA was on for the first time. I was sitting on my bed and I must have leaned so far to the front, that I had to grasp myself steady on the covers cause I didn't wanna fall out with a thud and have my Mum next to me... Fretting "what the hell I was doing..." I was a little crampy and rusty the next few days and too 'embarrassed' to tell WHY I was.

Argh, the things you do for Michael hey :blush:

Great idea!!
I was younger and I was in my room pretending that I was Michael's sister and I was yammering on and on about him, then I needed to come back to reality for a sec and asked my mom something, well when I went to say "mommy" I said "Michael" instead OMG I COULD HAVE DIED! I was sooo embarrassed!

Aww! If it makes you feel any better, I've done that myself. I remember when I was little/in school, I accidentally called a teacher "mommy" once in front of the whole class :lol:

Back when I was in high school I took a few days off from school, without my parents knowing, to stay home and read MJ fanfiction lol. My school bus would come after both of my parents had left for work so, I just sorta kinda missed the bus for a day or two lol. Not my finest hour... :unsure:

another one...

When I still lived at Home, I had my room upstairs and whenever Mum would call out that Michael was on TV. The next minute, I was already glued to the screen. :blush:

My mum always went :blink: must have been 'embarrassing' :smilerolleyes:

Talking about mistaking other people for your mum or dad hey?

I knew a guard back in 1988 and he said he could have sworn that I was Michael's daughter :blush:
Compliment for me, I guess but embarrassing for my Dad though :smilerolleyes:

Today's confession:

I got a message from my boss asking me to come in to work early. I ignored it so I could stay home and listen to Chicago and write up my review for it :D (Those of you who have me on Facebook, don't you DARE repeat that on there please! I will kill you if you do! :lol:)

Totally worth it :)

I guess it really isn't a confession, moreso a fact: I can be quite the DIVA sometimes! :lmao: I can't help it (MJ song title drop), but I do try to reign it in the best I can. :cheeky:

It's all good, though. I mean no harm. Blame it on my family; I'm the youngest of 9 and spoiled. :blush:

NevergofullDIVAtropicthunder_zpsbc686f58.jpg

I used to pretend I was a lion when I was a kid, which involved crawling and such. ._.

Blame it on The Lion King.

When I was four, I used to hysterically cry every time Michael's short film, Thriller, came on. Lol, I was fine until he turned into a werewolf and then you couldn't stop me until his eyes turned yellow XD I laugh at myself now when I look at Thriller because it's not scary at all! But at least I'm not scared of scary movies now! XD

I love hearing about everyone's confessions- keep 'em coming! :D

Today's confession #1: I spent about 2 hours today on YouTube watching compilations of "The Funniest/Saddest Fresh Prince of Bel Air Moments". I even cried on some of the sad clips. Will Smith is just an incredible actor, seriously. And of course the funny clips made me laugh my ass off.

Now I want to go through and watch every episode. I still have 2 1/2 weeks before I go back to work, so this may just happen.

Today's confession #2: When I was in high school, I was obsessed- obsessed- with O-Town. They recently got back together (minus Ashley) and posted a new music video this morning. Upon seeing that, I spent a good deal of time watching their older videos and tv appearances. Yes. I was rocking out to O-Town this morning. I do not regret it one bit :lol:

:lol:
Well if we are on the subject of bands/artists back in the day.... Here's three
Dream
Billy Crawford and backstreet boys

Ohhh I confess I love em' :D

Father, forgive me, for I have sinned. {crosses self}

I have never seen the Free Willy movies.

Father, forgive me, for I have sinned. {crosses self}

I have never seen the Free Willy movies.

For me, I have to start with this video every time. If I don't watch this first, something just doesn't feel right (the video comes before the movie on the VHS):

"And now... our feature presentation"

You're welcome :)

PS: The first one is the only one worth watching.

My MJ related ones from when I was about 6 years old:

*I slept with a picture of Michael under my pillow
*I wrote a note about how he wouldn't leave his crotch alone
*I used to talk to a picture of him everyday before I went to school
*I watched a concert of MJ on video so many times I nearly wore out the tape

Other child/teenage teenage confessions:

*My Mother told me that when I was about 2 years old I broke something. When my Mother went to yell at me I screamed "DON'T PANIC!!!"

*When I was 2 1/2 I saw a concertina bus and called it a "ridiculous bus".

*At around the same age I was in the back of my Mother's car. We'd stopped at a red light and I said "Come on! Dick head!" My Mother turned around to tell me off but started laughing when she saw that one of the lenses in the sunglasses I was wearing had fallen out.

*At around the same age again, I'd been taken to a friend's house to play in a dingy full of water on a hot day. I was sitting on the edge of the dingy, and I slipped off. When I hot the ground I said "Ah, ****!"

*When I was 3 I got up and got myself some cornflakes, put the milk in in and shared it with the family dog.

*When I was five two people who didn't know me very well bought me presents I didn't like. One was a Barbie doll, the other was a pink skipping rope. I don't like Barbies and I hate the colour pink. I solved my distaste for these things by tying the skipping rope around the Barbie's neck and hanging it from my bedroom door.

*When I was 6 my best friend and I were in the same class but we always used to fight. One day we threw bark in each other's eyes and were never allowed to be in the same class together again. We also got dobbed in by older kids for our swearing. We're still best friends to this day and have been ever since we were 3, I'm nearly 25 now.

*When I was 7 I had a punch up with a boy in my class because he annoyed me. This is the only physical fight I've ever had in my life. That year I was diagnosed with ADD, (which is a genuine case, I still suffer with it) Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Tourette's Syndrome. They can all be frustrating disorders to live with but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

*At the same age we moved into a 3 year old rental house and my stepfather had upset me (which was nothing unusual, he wasn't a nice guy) so I got a green texter and wrote the letter H (I was thinking of the word hate at the time) and circled it. I'd drawn it on the carpet of my new bedroom. When it was seen I blamed my 1 year old brother who was shown the mark on the carpet and smacked for it. I felt bad so I confessed.

*When I was a teenager I caught bees in a bug catcher and burned them to death with a magnifying glass.

These days I'm much calmer and happier since things are finally going well for my family and I. Many years of our lives were hell before that which is part of the reason why I was a disturbed child and teenager.

Well, I have two more Michael related confessions! I talk to my stand-up poster of Michael like he can hear me or something! XD And, when I'm caught off-guard, sometimes a man scares me. However, I quickly realize this man is only a Michael Jackson stand-up poster! XD

Non-Michael related confessions:

When I was four, I called 911 due to Mary J Blige's recent at the time collaboration with Wyclef Jean which produced a song named "911". I was so scared that I hung up and hid behind the living room couch until the police showed up at our door. Nonetheless, eveything turned out fine!

When I was nine, I crashed my mother's vehicle in the garage, nearly breaking down the door and putting a who in my bedroom wall.

I just lied about this list because I have a Michael related one again. Lol. I can never get over the "In the Closet" short film or the crotch grab in "You Rock My World". Both make me blush beyond belief, especially the later! It's like the mother-of-all crotch grabs, especially when you see it on a giant flat-screen TV! XD

I don't know who O-Town is (other than it being the nickname for the city of Oakland, Ca) and I'm cool with that. :lmao: That ISN'T a confession, btw.

My cat is my baby and I must confess that I will chose who gets to be a part of my life based on the way Vladimir reacts to them and how they react to him. That includes RELATIVES, too, lol!

Vladdie came into my life a few months after Michael died (Oct 2009). Both Vladdie and Mike are August babies, too. :)

If a man doesn't like cats or Michael Jackson, he can forget about dating me, LMFAO!

Here's my baby :wub:

005_zpsd3caa9c4.jpg

If a man doesn't like cats or Michael Jackson, he can forget about dating me, LMFAO!

Amen! :lol:

I have a couple similar to ones that MJResearcher posted:

During our first year of college, my at-the-time best friend and I both stayed home with our parents before moving out on our own. One day we were just driving around town, and we got stuck behind a really slow driver. My friend has terrible road-rage and she just kept shouting and cussing at the driver in front of us. "Come on Granny! Can you go any slower?!" A few minutes later we passed the vehicle. I nearly died when I saw that it was my grandmother driving! :lol:

When I was a teenager, I woke up one morning and made myself a bow of cereal. Some of the cereal spilled onto the counter, so I brushed it into my hand and put it back in the bowl. A few minutes later I sat down eating my cereal when I noticed it had a very funny taste... it didn't taste like Corn Flakes. I spit out what was in my mouth only to discover that a ladybug had somehow found it's way into my cereal without my noticing it :puke: To this DAY, my mom still picks on me about it. Once in a while when she goes shopping, if she sees something with a ladybug on it- a shirt, socks, mug, whatever- she'll buy it for me :lol:

Back in the winter of 2007, I was at work when my friend asked me to go start her car and let it warm up. Knowing it was a standard, and not knowing how to start a standard, she explained the process to me. Make sure it's in park... foot on the clutch and brake... turn the key in the ignition... ease off the clutch... yup. Okay. Got it. So I went out and followed her instructions. Or so I thought I did. I thought my foot was on the brake pedal as I was starting the car, but it turns out my foot was on the gas and I had it floored, so when the car started it went flying forward. Thank GOD for the 6-foot-thick snowbank between the car and the side of the building. That was the only thing that saved me from crashing through the side of the building! :hysterical:

BAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA, ladybug-flavored Corn Flakes!! ;) :puke: That was a hilarious confession, Spyce, as well as road raging on your GRANDMA!

My Virgo traits can border on OCD at times, especially at work. It bothers me when things aren't in their proper place or in some kind of ORDER (I guess that's what attracted me to the Air Force, lol). My siblings get it the worst and they have told me time and time again not to "straighten up" their homes when I come visit, ROFL! My own place looks packed (gotta make the best out of a small apt), but everything has it's place and I'll even label some compartments! The ONLY thing I don't stress about being in a proper place is cat toys, which are strewn all over the place. :D

I'm super picky when it comes to men, too. I focus more on their behaviors than their looks, because being a "10" (whatever that supposed to mean) isn't important. What I consider attractive doesn't gel with society's standards (or my sisters), anyway! If a guy is dismissive of his mother, he can kick rocks! If he's a deadbeat dad, he definitely has to kick rocks! I don't care for dudes that mooch off of the hard work of others, either (ahem, Mike's bros, LMFAO).

If I were able to cook up the perfect man (for me) in a lab, he'd be a cross between Michael Jackson and Jackson Galaxy (cat behaviorist and advocate, "My Cat From Hell" tv show on Animal Planet channel), LOL!

Cat Daddy!

JacksonGalaxycatsbestfriend_zps2e59f48e.jpg

I confess im praying very hard for a friend right now this minuet :prayer :angel::heart:

Father, forgive me, for I have sinned. {makes the sign of the cross}

It has been two days since my last confession.

I do not have Michael's solo albums before Off the Wall, I don't know all the words to every single J5/Jacksons/MJ song, (I know most of them but not all), and...I won't eat shrimp or lobster because it looks like 'bug meat.'

I confess ripping off my posters :blush: Just to replace them with 'inspirational' ones that 'remind' me of Michael :cheeky:It's gotta have that Michael feel in 'em!

When I was a teeny, I had a huge poster of Michael's face on my wall and each morning I'd kissed it. Forgetting it was just printed paper... The poster soon turned out having 'blue blotches' on it... Silly teen in love hey :blush:

I confess im praying very hard for a friend right now this minuet :prayer :angel::heart:

Praying for your friend too, WJ. I hope she's okay, whatever she's going through :pray:

Last edited:
Father, forgive me, for I have sinned. {makes the sign of the cross}

It has been two days since my last confession.

I do not have Michael's solo albums before Off the Wall, I don't know all the words to every single J5/Jacksons/MJ song, (I know most of them but not all), and...I won't eat shrimp or lobster because it looks like 'bug meat.'

Lol, neither do I, except I eat shrimp, haha!

Ok, there's been something weighing really heavily on my heart for the last few years that gets aggravated this time of year. Please hear me out and don't jump right down my throat...

Alright, so the "roses for MJ" drive reaaaaaaaally bothers me lol. Don't get me wrong, I'm not heartless and it's beautiful to see the outpouring of love, it's a very sweet sight to see every year. But...

Michael's message encourages us all to band together in order to spark true change in the world. When large groups of people mobilize, there's no limit to the things that can be accomplished. Every year, fans mobilize, but to do what?

Ok let's do the math. You got, more or less, 15,000 roses at $3 each: that's $45,000 just this year. If this is the average (hypothetically), over five years that's $225,000. That's a quarter of a million dollars all given by fans worldwide. We could be buying schools new textbooks or computers, setting up college funds for orphanages, a small water filtration system for some rural town, or a down payment on a new house for a low income family in need, or fund the building of a new homeless shelter etc. etc. etc. The possibilities go on and on.

Every year fans join together in great demonstration, in rememberance of Michael. What a squandered opportunity to carry forward Michael's most valuable message through action.

I'm not trying to sit here like I'm Mother Teresa and I'm completely selfless 24 hours a day lol. Have I paid for an item or service for my own personal gratification when I could've donated that money to Starlight Foundation or given it to a homeless woman? Of course, I'd be a shameless liar to say no. But that's not the point. It's not about starting a useless argument about who's "better" than who, or who "does the most". The point (and the root of my sadness) is that when we have a unique opportunity such as this every year, with so many lives and hearts moving en masse towards a central purpose, requiring MINIMAL financial sacrifice from the individual, we don't direct all of that towards a goal that would not only absolutely make Michael's spirit smile, that would be a testament to the real legacy that Michael entrusted to his fans, and would make real, life-changing differences for people in need. We direct it all towards flowers lol. It's just sad man. Seeing with your own eyes what powerful things we're capable of when we all join together, but then seeing what's actually done with that power... Every year, we could put a kid through medical school, but we buy roses instead.

Absolutely, positively NO "SHADE", "HATE", OR DISRESPECT is intended towards those that organized the One Rose For MJ event or any of its participants. I know that the sentiment behind it is heartfelt, and I'm not knocking that at all. Everyone is free to spend their money wherever and on whatever they choose, as long as you aren't harming anyone do what you want, it's no business of mine lol. I didn't post this to be negative, or divisive. That's NOT what I'm about, or what this post is about. Nor am I going to participate in the ridiculous popularity contests that seem to spring up in fan groups, not my thing. I'm simply urging all of us to stop and see what we can all really do together. A (hypothetical) donation drive for an organization only gets $1,500, maybe $5k if people really get into it, but a drive to get YOUR personally-purchased flower delivered to Michael's crypt gets $45,000!?!?!?! We'll do that for roses, but not for our fellow men?

:unsure: ::siiiiiiiiiigh::

Back