Michael Jackson To Unleash World Premiere Experience At Billboard Music Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annita

Proud Member
Michael Jackson To Unleash World Premiere Experience At Billboard Music Awards
http://www.billboard.com/articles/e...nleash-world-premiere-experience-at-billboard

The Estate of Michael Jackson created the spot, which will present the superstar “like you’ve never seen him before.”

Michael Jackson will create another slice of history at this year’s Billboard Music Awards.

On what already promises to be one of the year’s stand-out music events, the 2014 BBMAs raise the bar even higher with a world premiere experience featuring the late King of Pop.

The Estate of Michael Jackson created the spot, which will present the superstar “like you’ve never seen him before.”

It’s sure to be a thriller, but the finer details remains under lock-and-key.
This year's ceremony will be held Sunday, May 18 in Las Vegas. ABC will broadcast the show live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena and Yahoo will be streaming the red carpet show.

Performers on the night include Miley Cyrus, Ricky Martin, Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull, 5 Seconds of Summer, Florida Georgia Line, Jason Derulo, Imagine Dragons, Luke Bryan, John Legend, OneRepublic, Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood. Presenters for the event include Jordin Sparks, Kelly Rowland, Pete Wentz and Wiz Khalifa, among others.

The BBMAs provide a high-profile launch pad for MJ’s posthumous album “Xscape,” which comes out May 13.

“Xscape” is eight tracks of Jackson vocals set to new music from Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, John McClain, J-Roc and Timbaland who is executive producer of the album. The originals they worked with were recorded from 1983 to 1999.

The first single from the album, “Love Never Felt So Good,” produced by MJ, John McClain, Giorgio Tuinfort and Paul Anka, was released last week. A duet version of “Love Never Felt So Good,” with Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake, produced by Timberlake, Timbaland and Jerome “J-Roc” Harmon, appeared soon after.

A second track, “Chicago,” hit the web earlier this week. “Chicago” is one of five tracks Timbaland oversaw on the album with his collaborator J-Roc.

For additional information on the 2014 Billboard Music Awards visit us at billboardmusicawards.com or the Billboard hub at billboard.com/bbma

MJ hologram where they used the impersonator Navi's body (dancing, mvoements, etc.)

You heard it here first (so it's not really MJ)

But why go to the effort of creating a hologram from an impersonator when there's so much readily available actual footage of Michael!?
Because that's how the holograms that have been done so far works (like the Tupac one)

The Elvis one and Freddie Mercury one was not a hologram. They were not "there" on the performances, they were edited in so the TV viewers could see

Hey guys, there was nothing about hologram in the article so lets not get ahead of ourselves or at least not present it as a fact.

Because that's how the holograms that have been done so far works (like the Tupac one)

The Elvis one and Freddie Mercury one was not a hologram. They were not "there" on the performances, they were edited in so the TV viewers could see

Actually, the Tupac hologram was not made with an impersonator, it was a mash of various permormances and CGI. There are several detailed articles about it..
https://theweek.com/article/index/2...nishing-tupac-shakur-hologram-how-they-did-it

Anyways, wonder what this whole Billboard Awards thing is gonna be, quite exciting..

Could it be a duet with Justin and the MJ hologram? that could be pretty epic. And a huge boost for the single and album.

Excellent promotion for the album!!!
I think its a hologram but we shouldnt get our hopes up. If its anything less its gonna feel pretty disappointing.
Ahhh, its been a good few weeks hasnt it peeps?

Excellent promotion for the album!!!
I think its a hologram but we shouldnt get our hopes up. If its anything less its gonna feel pretty disappointing.
Ahhh, its been a good few weeks hasnt it peeps?

It has been really good, and now I'm exhausted by all the hype and excitement :D

OMG! I'm so excited for this. I'm really trying to tamp down excitement though, so not to be disappointed. But how amazing this would be if it's as intriguing as they are making it sound.

I'll bet it's a hologram or something like that?

taken from billboard.com

Michael Jackson will create another slice of history at this year’s Billboard Music Awards.
Performers on the night include Miley Cyrus, Ricky Martin, Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull, 5 Seconds of Summer, Florida Georgia Line, Jason Derulo, Imagine Dragons, Luke Bryan, John Legend, OneRepublic, Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood. Presenters for the event include Jordin Sparks, Kelly Rowland, Pete Wentz and Wiz Khalifa, among others.
The BBMAs provide a high-profile launch pad for MJ’s posthumous album “Xscape,” which comes out May 13.
“Xscape” is eight tracks of Jackson vocals set to new music from Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, John McClain, J-Roc and Timbaland who is executive producer of the album. The originals they worked with were recorded from 1983 to 1999.
The first single from the album, “Love Never Felt So Good,” produced by MJ, John McClain, Giorgio Tuinfort and Paul Anka, was released last week. A duet version of “Love Never Felt So Good,” with Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake, produced by Timberlake, Timbaland and Jerome “J-Roc” Harmon, appeared soon after.

Re: Michael Jackson to Unleash World Premiere Experience At Billboard Music Awards

This screams "Hologram" all the way.

that exactly what i was thinking too! it has to be. what else what they do in history if not that!

Michael Jackson 'experience' to premiere at Billboard Music Awards

May 8, 2014, 8:43 PM EST

Michael Jackson will be brought back to life for one night only at the Billboard Music Awards as part of a world premiere experience planned by the King of Pop's estate.

The late pop superstar will rise up and 'appear' at the ceremony in Las Vegas on 18 May 18, with Billboard organizers insisting it will be "like you’ve never seen him before."

It has not been revealed exactly how Jackson's comeback will be staged at the awards show, but reports suggest he'll appear in hologram form, as Tupac Shakur did at the Coachella festival in California in 2012.

The awards ceremony will take place days after the release of Jackson's posthumous album, "Xscape." The first single from the album, "Love Never Felt So Good," premiered at the iHeartRadio Music Awards on May 1 - and the track has since been released as duet with Justin Timberlake.

The Jackson "experience" will be one of many highlights planned for the 2014 Billboard Music Awards - Miley Cyrus will perform via satellite, while the night's Icon Award winner Jennifer Lopez, Jason DeRulo and Carrie Underwood will also play live.

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=866354

As much as I love LNFSG, I hope it's a different song. They need to keep the momentum going with something else.

Billboard said they are sworn to secrecy regarding the event, and i don't blame them. If it's what i think it will be, then it'll be HUGE. Looking forward to seeing how it's presented.

It's got to be a hologram...

I really hope they use mostly Michael for it. I really don't know how I feel about an impersonator made to look like the real thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back