Janet Jackson Opens Up About Why She Chose Not to Perform With Michael’s Hologram

JustMe00

Proud Member
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/n...michael-jackson-hologram.html#~oEV47wanulaSxj

Janet Jackson "wishes" she'd been at the Billboard Music Awards with the hologram of her late brother Michael Jackson.

Rumours suggested the singer would join the illusion on stage at the award ceremony for a performance, but Janet had to decline due to her busy schedule.

"Janet wishes rumours she'd be at the ?#?BillboardAwards? were right," a statement on her official Facebook page read ahead of the event.

"She never confirmed as her schedule would not permit. She sends wishes for a great event."

Janet later added: "My brother, Michael, was, is and always will be a genius. I love you, Mike. Janet."

A hologram of Michael Jackson performed 'Slave To The Rhythm' at Sunday night's show in Las Vegas (May 18).

Busy doing what? Ok, I know this sounds snarky, but I'm really not interested in ANY Jackson trying to include themselves in Michael's future projects. Janet had her shot with "Scream". Step to the left already! If we're going to put Jermaine on blast for such foolishness, Mike's other relatives shouldn't be exempt, either.

Last edited:
Busy doing what? Ok, I know this sounds snarky, but I'm really not interested in ANY Jackson trying to include themselves in Michael's future projects. Janet had her shot with "Scream". Step to the left already! If we're going to put Jermaine on blast for such foolishness, Mike's other relatives shouldn't be exempt, either.
I have no idea. I suppose busy doing projects behind the scenes. To be fair, she hasn't involved herself into Michael's music since Scream. She did that tribute (which was awesome) and performed Scream during her concert tours after MJ died. A few Janet fans speculated this might've been shade directed at LA and the estate. To get MJ fans talking. But who knows.

Comparing Janet to Jermaine isn't fair IMHO. Jermaine has thrown a lot of shade towards Michael, and has always been extremely vocal in the press and lied several times about projects that were never even in the making. Janet, however has kept her mouth shut and on those rare occasions that she has said something, it's only been positive. Of course, after Michael died she spoke about him more and felt the need to pay tribute to him, which any sister would've done.

Last edited:
Janet was not even asked and I would say the executors and kids doesn't want her anywhere near MJ projects. She or her management company just put tweet out so her name gets out on the news.

Janet was not even asked and I would say the executors and kids doesn't want her anywhere near MJ projects. She or her management company just put tweet out so her name gets out on the news.
I *really* doubt that. She has NO project, no album, no movie, no book to promote. She is hiding in Qatar. Why on earth would she need to be in the news? I've also heard that the estate put out that false rumour about Janet performing out, and Janet replied to that.

I was just about to ask whether she had even been asked, what would she do on STTR anyway? But, to be fair the statement says that she wished she could be there so may have only meant in the audience I suppose.

ETA but I'm glad that she was positive and supportive of the illusion and the efforts of the estate. ;)

I’m personally very happy Dunk was “busy” with her other projects. I hope she stays that way and keeps a safe distance away from her brother’s legacy and his children’s wellbeing. Janet has done more than enough damage with her shenanigans to last a lifetime.

Victory22;4011569 said:
I’m personally very happy Dunk was “busy” with her other projects. I hope she stays that way and keeps a safe distance away from her brother’s legacy and his children’s wellbeing. Janet has done more than enough damage with her shenanigans to last a lifetime.
Unfortunately for you, she is a part of that legacy due to Scream and other projects. So I truly disagree, and hope that she will eventually tribute him again.

Victory22;4011569 said:

I don't think they want Janet anywhere near to MJ project anyway, as she was banned from the house (for safety of PPB),she signed that infamous letter with Randy and top of that she was part of granny-napping. The estate doesn't need her for anything.

I don't think they want Janet anywhere near to MJ project anyway, as she was banned from the house (for safety of PPB),she signed that infamous letter with Randy and top of that she was part of granny-napping. The estate doesn't need her for anything.
Obviously there is some truth to her being invited to perform, otherwise she would've not said she "never confirmed". She rarely tweets anyway, so obviously there is some truth behind all this.

What rumor she would like to be true if there was NO such rumor ?!!

We were afraid to see Justin Bieber next to VMJ but I do not remember a world about Janet

IMO these "never confirmed" and "My brother, Michael…” are all about publicity.

Nothing more.

Allusio;4011608 said:
What rumor she would like to be true if there was NO such rumor ?!!

We were afraid to see Justin Bieber next to VMJ but I do not remember a world about Janet

IMO these "never confirmed" and "My brother, Michael…” are all about publicity.

Nothing more.
Again, why would Janet want any publicity at the moment? She has been hiding in Qatar for years now and has no plans to return any time soon. There's NO logic in your thinking.

Again, why would Janet want any publicity at the moment? She has been hiding in Qatar for years now and has no plans to return any time soon. There's NO logic in your thinking.

No logic? Well, Isn't she an artist.

No plans - how do you know? it is a fact that she's officially retared?

If so good for her.

No logic? Well, Isn't she an artist.

No plans - how do you know? it is a fact that she's officially retared?

If so good for her.

She hasn't retired. She told a fan in Paris that she wasn't working on an album, not that long ago. There are pictures of that meeting, so it's not just a random rumour. Anyway, you're very disrespectful, so bye.

^^Come on now! You know Janet has endorsement deals and what good is she for those companies if she is not visible! What better way to get visibility is than riding Michael's coat tails:doh:

She ain't the first family member to do so, and she ain't the last one either.

^^Come on now! You know Janet has endorsement deals and what good is she for those companies if she is not visible! What better way to get visibility is than riding Michael's coat tails:doh:

She ain't the first family member to do so, and she ain't the last one either.
You really don't know much about Janet, do you... LMAO.

She hasn't retired. She told a fan in Paris that she wasn't working on an album, not that long ago. There are pictures of that meeting, so it's not just a random rumour. Anyway, you're very disrespectful, so bye.

Well, maybe she wants to keep it a secret to bring us MAGIC !!!

if so good for her.

Even after official retirement singers are often coming back on stage.

So no logic is not logical.

I understand why Janet might feel uncomfortable performing with a "representation" of her brother at an awards show. It was different when she went on stage right after Michael died and performed to Scream along with Michael in a video she was a part of--that was a powerful way to honor him and what they shared together. It felt right. But, this is way different--it's not Michael and it's a commercialization of him. I have no problem with what they did at Billboard to promote the new album--although I much prefer the beautifully executed hologram I saw in "One" to represent him--but I think Janet knew to pass on this one for many reasons, some personal and some not--IF she was invited.

I think Janet (or any other Jackson) hasn't endeared herself to the Estate. Her treatment of Paris, the Grandma-napping incident & other shady behavior have been forgiven, but not forgotten. My guess is she wasn't invited.

Last edited:

false . a radio stations were running adds for the billboard awards promoting Janet performing . her team denied it on twitter which is what the she was responding too, obviously she was asked to do something or billboard wouldn't be running adds with her name in it, but obviously Janet turned it down

http://cl.ly/image/013H1J0O2d1J/Screen Shot 2014-05-13 at 8.58.15 AM copy.jpg

Didnt get asked. didnt get paid. wasnt allowed to call him a druggie in the lead up or kidnap kj again

false . a radio stations were running adds for the billboard awards promoting Janet performing . her team denied it on twitter which is what the she was responding too, obviously she was asked to do something or billboard wouldn't be running adds with her name in it, but obviously Janet turned it down

http://cl.ly/image/013H1J0O2d1J/Screen Shot 2014-05-13 at 8.58.15 AM copy.jpg

That my dear is rumour mill working. Somebody heard something incorrectly and spread it around, nothing more.
Just like Roger Friedman's and his sources hear rumours and he goes printing them.

The estate were going to present Virtual Michael and they most certainly didn't need or want Janet there.
Seemingly Janet's fans are out in full force spreading more rumours.

That my dear is rumour mill working. Somebody heard something incorrectly and spread it around, nothing more.
Just like Roger Friedman's and his sources hear rumours and he goes printing them.

The estate were going to present Virtual Michael and they most certainly didn't need or want Janet there.

It was a add on the radio . she responded the , so she didn't start the rumor that's all I saying which you falsely claimed ,

and please explain "how Janet fans are out in full force spreading more false rumors, I don't think Janet fans run digital spy and etc

It was promoted by a radio station, she later denied saying she could not confirm her presence. So yes, she was def asked to do something... I mean seriously....

We all know how to rumours get started and get picked up by tabloids along the road.
It only needs one person spreading something and it that something is interesting enough, it find its way to media and will be presented as fact.

If there was a rumour of Janet appearing , think about who would benefit it most?
Not Michael's estate because they had VirtualMJ which was massive deal itself so the estate didn't need nor want Janet to take away that moment from it.

How could she actually perform there? There was no place on the stage for a duet at all.
For Janet or anyone else.

The performance from very start was designed for only one VMJ !!!

The VMJ was created to perform with same “holograms” next to him !!!

No other way so far.

IDK how the rumor has started but “she could not confirm her presence” could mean not only that she rejected it but also that she was not invited at all.

We are talking about Janet Jackson here. If she hadn't been invited, she wouldn't have said anything at all about it. I've been a fan of hers long enough to know that much. She doesn't deal with negativity in public, nor does she address false rumours, unless they are very hurtful towards her image. This wouldn't have been. So I stick by what I said; she was def invited to do something, be it a speech before the hologram or sitting in the audience. Who knows what it might've been.

Allusio;4011763 said:
How could she actually perform there? There was no place on the stage for a duet at all.
For Janet or anyone else.

The performance from very start was designed for only one VMJ !!!

The VMJ was created to perform with same “holograms” next to him !!!

No other way so far.

IDK how the rumor has started but “she could not confirm her presence” could mean not only that she rejected it but also that she was not invited at all.

Its called promotion , start rumors to get more people too turn in, but I don't see why people find it that hard to believe that Janet would have been asked of course the producers would have asked her to get ratings, more people you get to perform on your show the better.

and who to say the estate didn't ask her, like see we're working with the family now ( please Jermaine lol) stop complaining we're not

I think she responded simply because of the rumors using her name , nothing to do with weather she's been invited or not .

Why on earth would she be included? Her career is a distant memory, she's terrible live and this has nothing to do with her.

I could see his brothers joining a 'hologram' but why Janet?

Plus I don't see her opening up about why she didn't do it. Saying something vague like you're 'busy' is quite closed off if anything. Why on earth would she be busy anyway? Unless it was a private occasion she had to go to lol.

Like was said before, her involvement in the VMA tribute made perfect sense. That was fine, leave it there. Shame she had to pretend to sing live though - that really irks me about Janet. She's the worst offender for that.

Back