Randy Jackson's One More Chance

HOTEL

Proud Member
Great song! I've loved it since 1984 and wonder why it never got any air play and why you guys never talk about it.

Maybe because we never heard of it. Maybe we did not know Randy had a solo career.

I know more about Randy Jackson from "American Idol" than Mike's brother, plus the "AI" Randy is far more interesting and talented.

Bahahahahaaaa, HISS!! :cheeky:

closeuphiss_zpsc6afc58c.jpg

Found it. It's from the Victory album. It's not a solo release.

Last edited:
Always liked the song a lot. Surprised you guys didn't know it. Never listened to Victory? Randy had some talent as a musician.

I remember that rather forgettable song by Randal. He was ok but no better than millions of others who were trying to break into the music business at the time. The only thing Randy had going for him was he was MJ's little brother. It opened the door for him but it takes real talent to keep the door open. Sorry Randy.

Imagine that same song sung by Michael it would be like the difference between night and day. IMO

In my head.. I can hear Michael singing this.

I hear a top 10 hit if Michael had done it and added his touch to it.

I never said it was a solo release. I'm surprised you guys had never heard this song before...LOL Ever hear of Victory? Jackie's got a great song on there too if you're willing to put your hate aside for anything Jackson related sans Michael.

I never said it was a solo release. I'm surprised you guys had never heard this song before...LOL Ever hear of Victory? Jackie's got a great song on there too if you're willing to put your hate aside for anything Jackson related sans Michael.

Yet you titled the thread, RANDY JACKSON'S One More Chance, when it was released as a group. If you want to cheerlead Randy, go ahead, but you shouldn't be surprised if the feeling isn't shared on a MICHAEL JACKSON-based website. Michael is the favorite Jackson for most of us, the one we care about and like the most, otherwise we wouldn't be here (I know I wouldn't).

EDIT: "Victory" the album was weak, but the tour (after they fixed the ticket purchasing fiasco) was great! I attended the Detroit (Pontiac, actually) shows.

Last edited:
Yeah it took Michael to fix the tickets problem. I would love to get a good copy of the Victory Tour i heard in a interview couple of guys from Sony said that Michael has the org Victory in his vault. Oops this is a Randy thread sorry. But it hard not to mention Michael. I like the version of the Jackson 5 One More Chance

i didn't know Janet did this song too miss that one.

Michael did do a different version of the song but not like the way Randy and Janet did it.

One More Chance

Michael did do a different version of the song but not like the way Randy and Janet did it.
That's not the same song. R. Kelly wrote that. The Jackson 5 also has a song called One More Chance on the ABC album.

Lol @ Randy's dance moves in those videos. He and Marlon I always though were pretty decent dancers and at times tried to show out Michael, Randy especially during the Victory Tour and Marlon during the MSG shows in 2001, but they always failed. However, what he does in those videos is laughable.

I always wondered why as solo artists, none of them ever reached Michael's popularity, Janet to an extent, but she never exceeded Michael's star power, even until this very day. But as far as the brothers go, pretty much all of them were industry failures once the group ended. I know Jermaine had a couple of hits, and his new jack swing albums receive praise from his fans. But I was just mystified as to why not one of them could match Michael's creativity, drive, and passion for music.

Always liked the song a lot. Surprised you guys didn't know it. Never listened to Victory? Randy had some talent as a musician.

Right. And also as a songwriter. Randy co-wrote Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground) and Lovely One (from Destiny and Triumph).

LOL guys, I've been listening to the Jacksons version of One More Chance for like... ages. No one's ever heard of this song? LOL Its one of my favorite ballads from the Jacksons (i guess in this this case that would mean any jackson other than MJ and Janet lol).

...thought i didn't know it was just Randy. I always assumed it was a Jacksons song.

Yet you titled the thread, RANDY JACKSON'S One More Chance, when it was released as a group. If you want to cheerlead Randy, go ahead, but you shouldn't be surprised if the feeling isn't shared on a MICHAEL JACKSON-based website. Michael is the favorite Jackson for most of us, the one we care about and like the most, otherwise we wouldn't be here (I know I wouldn't).

EDIT: "Victory" the album was weak, but the tour (after they fixed the ticket purchasing fiasco) was great! I attended the Detroit (Pontiac, actually) shows.

I was at the Detroit (Pontiac Silverdome) show too! Awesome concert! :bow::girl_pride:

SheilaMJFan4Ever;4031322 said:
:punk: Small world, lol! I hope you weren't one of the people I was climbing all over and elbowing to try to catch Mike's fedora, BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA! :shifty: ;)

I actually had bad seats so I came down so I could get closer to the stage. LOL! :secret:

Yes it is a small world homegurl! One of my favorite moments of the night was when Mike sat down and swung his legs off the stage and sang ‘She’s Out of My Life’. That boy was drenched in sweat from doing a fast number and so darn sexy. I almost died from happiness that night! :moonwalk

Victory22;4031327 said:
I actually had bad seats so I came down so I could get closer to the stage. LOL! :secret:

Yes it is a small world homegurl! One of my favorite moments of the night was when Mike sat down and swung his legs off the stage and sang ‘She’s Out of My Life’. That boy was drenched in sweat from doing a fast number and so darn sexy. I almost died from happiness that night! :moonwalk

:fear: :shifty: I'm just glad security wasn't as tight back in the day as it is NOW! We never would have been able to do that. Me and my sister's seats were in the back of the lower bowl above the field, so it was a bit easier for me to sneak to the front of the stage. :secret:

OMG, OMG, OMG that song always gets me and seeing him perform it LIVE (all hot and sweaty) was heart attack-inducing, girl! :heat: :bugeyed

Back