Prince giving interview to UK tabloids on 5th anniversary?.....

myosotis

Proud Member
Quite shocked to see that there is an advert in the 'Sun' for tomorrow's issue :

'My Dad *****. Son Prince on 5th Anniversary of Star's death'.

The advert is illustrated by a photo of Michael at the O2 concert announcement, together with a photo of Prince from his recent red carpet appearance at 'True Blood' in LA

I'll be very interested to see if this is a direct interview with a Sun reporter.......
I wonder who set this up?....

Last edited:
Yes, it's the 'J' word. .... Still highly unsuitable for an advert for an interview with his son.

I really don't understand why these family interviews (as with Paris last year) are set up with tabloids. It is just starting that whole tabloid cycle again, of setting the family up, to knock them down later. (especially with a certain court case still pending)

It just feels to me as if someone is feeding these poor children to the 'vultures'.

Last edited:
If he really talked to them then most probably La toya is behind this. Just sad.

Why is the "J word" (so lame) such a big deal. It not offensive in ANY WAY what so ever. I think Michael was just being over sensitive and a bit pathetic when I comes to that name. I have had a friend named Bobby Jackson for years, and before I knew him he was (J)acko and still is now. He take NO OFFENCE to it at all. Now I get the (w)acko) part being upsetting, definitely. But shortening someone's first or surname has been probably the most common way of nicknaming people since nicknames first started.

Why is the "J word" (so lame) such a big deal. It not offensive in ANY WAY what so ever. I think Michael was just being over sensitive and a bit pathetic when I comes to that name. I have had a friend named Bobby Jackson for years, and before I knew him he was (J)acko and still is now. He take NO OFFENCE to it at all. Now I get the (w)acko) part being upsetting, definitely. But shortening someone's first or surname has been probably the most common way of nicknaming people since nicknames first started.

Michael wasn't being "pathetic" (I'm not sure why you have to use such an offensive term). The word J.a.c.k.o. often went together with the word W.acko in his case so tabloids usually meant to be offensive with that. Moreover it actually has racist origins so when used to a black man there could be latent racism behind it. I'm not saying everyone uses it with offensive intent. In my country people erroneously think it's a nice nickname, but I do think that the tabloids usually used it with offensive intent.

Anyway, if Prince really gives an interview to the Sun that is just so wrong. We know why that happens - because tabloids pay for such things. The Jacksons should be ashamed of themselves once again if that happens. Exploiting these kids without shame.

The word J.a.c.k.o. often went together with the word W.acko in his case so tabloids usually meant to be offensive with that. Moreover it actually has racist origins so when used to a black man there could be latent racism behind it.

^ Also, the advert gives the impression that this is how Prince might refer to his father ie as ' My dad *****'.
It is misleading, disrespectful and completely unnecessary.

I hope this is a cut a paste job. if not jr how could you?

J---O was not Michael Jackson's name. It was not pathetic on his part to expect the press and people in general to call him by his name. The phrase J---o was tagged to MJ to denote mental instability, a freak of nature or deviant person. Michael had every right in the world to be offended and hurt by the mispronunciation of his name... I'm offended too.

Jr. would never call his father using that disgusting word. It's absolutely outrageous those vulture Jackson's made Prince doing that interview with one of the tabloids that has hurt Michael the most.

Seriously dude/tte, google it before you post at least. You looked like a pathetic ignorant yourself!

The J word was slur for calling back people monkeys in the 19th century. Do you think Rupert Murdoch and his people coined that monicker by accident? HELL, NO! Those bastards don't consider him a human being but an animal! :angry: Even if Michael is no longer here, I'll carry his wish and I bet many more sensitive fans by not calling him like that under any circumstance because he hated it and hurt him.

No one is pathetic but you

Jr. would never call his father using that disgusting word. It's absolutely outrageous those vulture Jackson's made Prince doing that interview with one of the tabloids that has hurt Michael the most.

Seriously dude/tte, google it before you post at least. You looked like a pathetic ignorant yourself!

The J word was slur for calling back people monkeys in the 19th century. Do you think Rupert Murdoch and his people coined that monicker by accident? HELL, NO! Those bastards don't consider him a human being but an animal! :angry: Even if Michael is no longer here, I'll carry his wish and I bet many more sensitive fans by not calling him like that under any circumstance because he hated it and hurt him.

Couldn't agree more... that horrifying name shouldn't even exist and fans should be the first who don't have to call him like that!

This is the video I meant to post originally. With the rest of the people named Jack or with the surname Jackson, it may not be offensive but with Michael it obviously meant to be racist given the context it had in the 19th century and knowing the filthy tabloids can't accept an entertainer black man being so influential and powerful.

I hope this is a cut a paste job. if not jr how could you?

Junior is still a kid and he needs guidience. He needs to be taught what tabloids did to his father and how much his father hated them. He would not even have any of them in his house, let alone giving them interviews. But unfortunately Prince will not get that guidience from the Jacksons. If there is prospect of money in these interviews (and I'm sure there is - it's tabloids which pay the most money for such things) the Jacksons will not inform him about how wrong his father would think it is. It's all so sad. I just hope as Prince grows and matures he will have a better understanding of these things.

Sounds like the typical tabloid cut and paste. If Prince had "given" an interview, they wouldn't need the red carpet photo. They'd have shot photos themselves of him, and hailed them and the interview all over the place as exclusive. I hope that's the case. I PRAY that's the case.

Well, this interview really is as disappointing as I thought it would be...because (of course) tabloid journalists ALWAYS insert extra material from other sources, and that extra material is always tabloid junk. It seems that 'close family friend Terry Harvey' has stepped in with the extra unwanted titbits on this occasion. Prince really needs to learn that the tabloids will never print 'only' what he says...they will always embellish and angle comments to their own ends.
However many kind and true words Prince uses about his dad, the tabloids will always seek to leave another impression, by fair means or foul.

Here is an extract from the article:

(It takes a full centre spread in the paper, with a large Bad crotch-grab MJ photo on the left and 2 photos of MJ with young Paris and Prince, and with Debbie, Prince and Paris as babies. Plus a final head and shoulders photo of Prince as taken at the True Blood red carpet event. No photos of Blanket).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Teenage son's message on fifth anniversary of the death of King of Pop: Michael was best Dad in the world.

Michael Jackson's teenage son Prince Michael has spoken of 'the best father anybody could have' ahead of the fifth anniversary of the King of Pop's death.

In a heart-breaking interview, the 17-year old admitted it was still 'tough' coping with the loss and told how the last thing he and his dad planned was a trip to London.
The 50 year-old superstar died of a cardiac arrest on June 25th 2009- just three weeks before their trip to the UK for his sell-out This is It tour.

Prince told the Sun on Sunday 'My dad always said he loved London'.
'He really wanted to go there and show what he could do'. He was looking forward to showing us around.'
Clearly haunted by any mention of his father's death, Prince, with colour flushed from his face, admitted 'It's tough. This will be the fifth anniversary of his death. Yeah...yeah.

Now the teenager - who has a sister Paris 16 and brother Prince Michael 'Blanket' Jackson II 12, is helping charities that were close to his dad's heart. He said 'We want to keep my dad's legend alive'.
'He was the best father anybody could have. He raised us the right way, and there is nothing anyone can do to make us forget about him'.
He was always concerned about humanity. He helped many charities. In his songs, his message was simple - love. we will continue to spread his message'.
Close family friend Terry Harvey- who worked alongside the Jacksons for many years - revealed that the family's trauma is still very raw.
The concert promoter said 'Paris was her daddy's princess. They had a special relationship which was torn apart. She saw her father's dead body. It still gives her nightmares. That is the type of trauma a young girl never recovers from. It was five years ago, but to most of the family it still feels like it happened yesterday. Katherine at times still cannot believe her son is gone. She has taken a heavy burden because of Paris, too.

Prince now regularly attends showbiz parties in Hollywood and , despite having two bodyguards at his side, is happy to greet fans.
The teen is polite, shakes hands with fans, and tells guests who speak to him 'Just call me Prince'. Nice to meet you'.
He appears level-headed despite his showbiz background and the fact his father's estate has earned more than £360 million since his death.

Prince took time to talk about his TV and film ambition at an afterparty for HBO series 'True Blood' in LA. He told us 'I don't expect to walk into roles because of who I am. I want to learn my craft. '

He's also been presenting for US celebrity news show Entertainment Tonight. 'My plan is to work for TV companies, doing what I did for Entertainment Tonight'. I had such great fun working for that show and doing interviews'. I learned a lot. The feedback I got was really great too. I want to get more experience.

He added 'I really like hosting shows when I have the chance.'
I want to continue with that. I am off now from school for the summer so I'm going to concentrate on getting more experience in that field.'

Each month, sponsors and companies offer him deals worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. But he said ' I don't get to see the offers. I leave that in the hands of my manager. I don't just take everything that is given to me. I want to make a career out of this'.

Prince revealed his dad encouraged all of his kids to perform and write scripts and he would often film their projects. Prince said ' We all love movies, and I would like to be a director one day. But to be a good director you have to know how an actor works and feels on set'. I want to learn my craft and experience being on TV shows and possibly movies before I even consider going behind the camera. It is not a job to be taken lightly. You need to put your time in to learning something properly before overseeing others'.

As a child, Prince and his siblings faces were covered by Jackson to protect their identities. Now Prince has thrust himself into the limelight, he realises there are risks. He has taken up the martial arts muay Thai, ju jitsu and boxing. He explained 'I really love sports. I have been training now for a long time in martial arts. I did it for slf-defence but really I enjoy it for fitmess. It helps me relax.'

Prince steered clear of discussing his sister, who has been in recovery since a suicide scare last summer. She has been attending a private boarding school in Utah after being admitted to hospital for cuts to her arms and popping painkillers.

Family friends say she has recovered well in recent months, but Terry Harvey placed the blame for her trauma on Jackson's physician Conrad Murray, who was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in November 2011 but spent just two years in prison.
He said 'Conrad Murray has a lot to answer for. He has wrecked so many lives and yet the family and I agree he has shown no remorse, only self-pity. That family has been though hell because of that man'.
'He even tried to get Prince and Paris to testify for himin the criminal trial, thinking they supported him. What monster would do that?'. Terry had tried to encourage Michael to go to rehab before his London comeback. He said 'He needed rehab , not London shows, and a year getting healthier and off those crazy drugs. His father Joe and I were telling people that Michael needed to go to rehab and not on tour. We were trying to save Michael Jackson.

(There is also a side column with quotes from Jason Pfeiffer about Michael's childhood and as a dad..including the Berlin hotel balcony event. eg 'Jackson was scarred for life after thrashings from Joe's belt as he drove the brothers in the Jackson Five to be perfect in their dance moves')

sundayfeatures@the-sun.co.uk

Last edited:

That video was beautiful. And :lol: LOTR music. Michael would have LOVED that. He LOVED LOTR

(There is also a side column with quotes from Jason Pfeiffer about Michael's childhood and as a dad..including the Berlin hotel balcony event. eg 'Jackson was scarred for life after thrashings from Joe's belt as he drove the brothers in the Jackson Five to be perfect in their dance moves')

sundayfeatures@the-sun.co.uk

Ridiculous that these people who have superficially met him for 5 minutes are still selling themselves as some kind of experts on his life.

Terry Harvey, I remember him.. In other words just a few words from Prince at an event filled in by a Jackson family friend and a bit of Pffiefer for good measure at the end.

That's the headline: Michael was the best dad in the world - - Says Prince Michael Jackson

Exclusive
By JAMES DESBOROUGH
Published: 10 hrs ago
MICHAEL Jackson's teenage son Prince says his dad was the best in the world in a heartbreaking interview.

LastTear;4022769 said:
Terry Harvey, I remember him.. In other words just a few words from Prince at an event filled in by a Jackson family friend and a bit of Pffiefer for good measure at the end.

Terry Harvey did an interview with News of the World in July 09...There's an mjjc link here, but of course the video, like the NOTW has gone now.

http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/70351-Family-friend-Terry-Harvey-talks-about-MJ-(video)

He also gave an interview to The Mirror (Another UK tabloid) in July 13:

Harvey and partners AllGood Entertainment offered Jackson a Dallas 2009 comeback show, on the provision he went to rehab. But the singer chose AEG’s gigs in London.

It prompted a lawsuit with AllGood which they lost in 2010. But today Harvey claims AllGood plan to refile their £200million lawsuit against AEG for stealing the Thriller star from their grasp.

Harvey claims he spoke to Jackson in his last few weeks over the deal with AllGood.

He said: “It was part of the contract for Michael to get clean. His mother Katherine and father Joe knew that, and we made it clear to everyone close to him.

“For months we told Michael’s lawyer at the time Dennis Hawk, his managers Frank DiLeo and Dr Tohme Tohme he needed rehab.

“I told Frank, ‘He needs to get clean first’, but he didn’t want to know. It was an open secret in close circles that Michael had addiction issues.”

Harvey claims Jackson had agreed to do a one-off return gig in Dallas but was lured away by AEG execs.

Harvey, 53, who lives in Oklahoma, said: “Michael’s comeback was tailor-made for one show. He didn’t need to slug it out for 50 nights. The This Is It sales figures prove our formula – they made $200million from a rehearsal, so we would have made more – and Michael would have taken the lion’s share.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/michael-jackson-could-not-sing-1886104#ixzz35MT9p1yQ

Last edited:
So he leaves the money aspect to his "manager" lol very predictable. The money goes to the family not to him .

Sounds like the typical tabloid cut and paste. If Prince had "given" an interview, they wouldn't need the red carpet photo. They'd have shot photos themselves of him, and hailed them and the interview all over the place as exclusive. I hope that's the case. I PRAY that's the case.

I think that is the case. Seriously - are we discussing the "journalistic" efforts of the SUN ? Don't get me wrong - everyone will bring a story about Mike these days. How do we know, that Prince gave an offical interview ? We are only guessing and source is the SUN. I think they asked him some question on the red carpet and copied/pasted. For example : " He was always concerned about humanity. He helped many charities. In his songs, his message was simple - love. we will continue to spread his message'. " ...thats the same speech he gave at the grammys--Remember ?

I will not get on Prince for something we don't know for sure. In this 5 years without his father & all of these "fantastic" family-members, he is doing a great job....thanks to his father.

And at the end - that headline is ok for me " Michael was the best dad in the world
- Says Prince Michael Jackson "

Last edited:
Express UK...same story...nearly the same headline - let'start the copy/paste ;D

'He was the best father anybody could have' Prince Jackson opens up about dad Michael
prine-484095.jpg

172819.jpg

172821.jpg

Prince Michael is a brave kid and I hope he learns as much about his sneaky family as he learns about the entertainment business.

It’s heartbreaking to hear about the blood flushing from his face when he talked about his dad.

Back