You Are Not Alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyce

Guests
This thread was the inspiration (well, aside from Michael himself, of course) for creating the "We Love You More" forum. Even though it has been 5 years since Michael passed, there are many out there who still struggle with his his loss. This is the thread you can come to to share your thoughts and feelings and get support from others.

Michael was special in that everyone who knew him felt that he truly was a part of their life. Even if you had never met him before, he was just so sweet, so humble and so personable.. you felt like he was your friend, your brother, your son, or whatever. That is something special that existed only between Michael and his fans and so few people on the outside seem to understand that. This is why, among other reasons, Michael's fans have such a hard time with his passing. It feels like they have lost somebody very close to them.

But just because some "on the outside" don't understand, doesn't mean you have to deal with the pain in silence on your own. If you're having a hard time, especially as we get closer to the 25th, please talk. Share. Know that you are not alone.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Last edited:
I bumped into the forum as a sudden sadness struck me and then I spotted this whole NEW section. :clapping:

I love the title... Really fitting :agree:

Indeed, This place is HOME :wub: with people who understand how it feels to live with a void or a gap in your heart and your world :sigh:

Thanks for creating this, Spyce :blush:

Thank you for this thread. Of the people I know, including my family, no-one is an admirer of Michael as I am so I don't really have anyone to share my feelings with. Whether it's to rant a little, or just express joy about Michael. They wouldn't understand the depth it goes to or why. Their not negative about him at all, its just that it gets lonely with no-one to express things with. I don't feel that way when I come here.

We are a family (a very large family :lol:) and it's important to be there for each other and to support each other both in the good times and the bad.

Thank you everyone for your kind comments, I am so happy everyone appreciates it :)

Spyce- Will this forum with all the threads be a permanent addition to MJJC?

Spyce- Will this forum with all the threads be a permanent addition to MJJC?

I do not know. I suppose it depends on if there is a 'need' for it or not. Initially the idea was to keep We Love You More running through June 30, but if it turns out that people like to come here and they find support and solace here, then I see no reason it cannot be a permanent addition. The only reason for taking it down would be because we can understand how 'depressing' and difficult this is for many, and we don't want anybody to feel that way. But, as I said, if there is a need for it, why not? We'll see how it goes.

I find it still hard each day but to have a forum where you can come make it alittle better. I never got the chance to see Michael in person but i feel his present here alot even thought he is not here in human form his spirit is here. Each day that go by i miss Michael more and more and i know one day it will get better but for now it is good to know that i am not alone.

Love you all
Pat

The reason why I asked if this forum/threads will become permanent is because there are times during the year that I need to know I am not alone and some of these threads I will not read now because of the sadness but I will read at a later date and even go back to re-read to help me through a difficult time. I know it sounds very silly.

The reason why I asked if this forum/threads will become permanent is because there are times during the year that I need to know I am not alone and some of these threads I will not read now because of the sadness but I will read at a later date and even go back to re-read to help me through a difficult time. I know it sounds very silly.

Oh god no... don't say that. It is not silly at all. Your pain is very understandable and the very reason why this thread was created. Even if the entire "We Love You More" forum doesn't remain open, perhaps this thread can, and be moved to a different forum, such as "Let's Talk About Michael" or "What About Us". I don't see any reason why this cannot be the case.

We are so very lucky to have each other arnt we :huggy: , I've been thinking about this all day , if we feel sad or want to share a joy we are there for each other :huggy: it's such a comfort to be in this family :heart:.
it's been such a hard time without Him ,but especially as the 25th gets nearer , I miss him so very much , xxx

There is so much coming up connected to Michael that goes beyond just this week. Knowing you have somewhere to go to express yourself with people who relate to what your saying is so important. For myself it's so hard to be around others who give me a polite smile, small look of concern, but really they don't have any idea of what I'm trying to get across to them. So I don't say so much anymore and put on the mask and pretend I'm okay when inside I'm seething, or sad or happy (all depending on what the situation is). This 25th I'm going to try to focus on all the wonderful beautiful gifts he unselfishly gave us and treat it as a celebration of his life. Hugs to all.:hug:

This is NOT silly indeed Captainhulk :better:

It's NOT only the faithful day we feel that void but every day and especially with holidays, anniversaries and other special occasions. :blush:

To know that we have each other here is quite a 'strength' to pull through this month and even the next ones.

HUGS to all :wub:

Maya and Mike have been on my mind and my heart a lot lately. Both of them have been a part of my life as long as I can remember, since I was a child and that constant became comforting and comfortable (like a favorite pair of scruffy, but loved shoes). I expected them to always be there and in a way, they are. When Mike died it hit home in a way the deaths of some of my relatives didn't and that bothered me for awhile!

He is my happy place, the artist that brought me the most joy and how DARE HE DIE and steal my joy! Yes, I was pissed at him for DYING, how f*cked up is that?! :doh:

This is one of my favorite Maya Angelou quotes and it's on point... :heart:

7848c125-b3db-4642-b2bc-a70cf2ded225_zpsbe6666dc.jpg

It's moments like this that I'm so happy I can visit this forum.
I've been feeling agitated and grumpy (couldn't sleep well) all week and I thought it might have something to do with june 25th but I kept pushing the feelings aside. I kept trying to distract myself with anything I could find. Just now I had my breaking point and I've been crying all morning. I heard "A brand new day"" on the radio and it hit me.

I keep trying not to be sad and just be happy and celebrate him but for some reason I still can't. I hate that cause I feel stupid since he didn't even know me. I just miss him in this world so much. It's not fair that he's not here.
What I hate the most is that during this time I can't find comfort in his music or anything involving Michael when that used to be my place to find strength. I know that after this month it will slowly come back to me but I just wish I was strong enough to enjoy him right now. I hope that makes sense.

I mean I get upset that in my country as far as I know there is nothing being shown of MJ in his memory and I get angry at that yet I'm not sure I could watch it right now if they did. It doesn't make sense.
I just wish I could have told him how much he has impacted my life and how much he means to me. That there were people in the world that understood him. Í get mad that I was too shy to ever write him a letter or send him something. I would give anything to see him smile just once more. :(

Whenever I start feeling all of this I almost feel selfish. I mean I can't imagine what his kids must feel and here I am practically a stranger yet can't stop crying about the whole situation.

I can't share this with people around me cause like others have said they don't understand. It makes me feel lonely sometimes.
I'm so glad this site has a place where you can share these thoughts and feelings. :) I feel a little better after writing all of this .

Last edited:
Maya and Mike have been on my mind and my heart a lot lately. Both of them have been a part of my life as long as I can remember, since I was a child and that constant became comforting and comfortable (like a favorite pair of scruffy, but loved shoes). I expected them to always be there and in a way, they are. When Mike died it hit home in a way the deaths of some of my relatives didn't and that bothered me for awhile!

He is my happy place, the artist that brought me the most joy and how DARE HE DIE and steal my joy! Yes, I was pissed at him for DYING, how f*cked up is that?! :doh:

This is one of my favorite Maya Angelou quotes and it's on point... :heart:

7848c125-b3db-4642-b2bc-a70cf2ded225_zpsbe6666dc.jpg

Love your post.

I understand this completely, xrisx :better:

I've been there and done that and the toughest part is that you can't either explain how you feel and if you do find the words... they are misunderstood or ignored by your peers... But know, that you're SAVE and UNDERSTOOD here. :wub:

Sometimes, ALL we NEED is for someone to LISTEN... and NOT judge or even come up with a solution to make it okay again...

Wounds don't heal... They eventually close with scar tissue but you'll always see the 'scar'... It can make you stronger and more resilient but still on these days... I rather just be alone and spend my time on MJJC :wub:

Be there for the MJ Fam :better:

That's the whole 'reason' for these threads to 'assure' you that you're NOT alone :better:

I do hope that soon Michael's music will sooth you again, xrisx.
I had these months too... They were hell cause Michael's voice is the only one that sooth me... It'll pass, I can assure you... Don't fight it though... It's a 'phase' you need to swim through though :blush:

Hold on, okay :love:
To all here :better:

Trying to survive..one day at a time..since June 25, 2009..the day my universe came crashing down..thank you to my beautiful fan family for being there......and to THE ONE who continues to heal me and the world with his L.O.V.E...Thank you, Michael...for being my all..then and now..........LOVE you :angel:more and more and more...forever...

Bless this thread!
I feel the same way that a few of you have meantioned... unable to share the depth of my feelings for Michael with people in my life. It's not because they wouldn't care to listen, but simply that they wouldn't be able to understand or totally comprehend it. I also wouldn't dare try to explain my love for Michael to anyone because I feel totally selfish and unrealistic about it. Why should I feel so much love and passion towards someone I've never even met? It's crazy, and I feel crazy. But it helps so much to see on MJJC, that I'm defiantly not alone.
It hurts to mourn for him, and I have no reason to believe that it'll ever stop hurting. But I'm thankful to have something to miss.

Will it ever get any better?............. It still feels so raw.

Thank you MJJC for this. All day I have been watching MJ's short films on TV, which they are playing as a tribute and wore my MJ t-shirt. My mum asked me what it is today and I told her. She just sat with me and watched the short films. She understood. Yet I wished I could share my sadness with people I know who are feeling a deep loss for MJ. Sadly, I don't have any friends who is a fan. There are admirers but none who would feel for him today. And seeing the tributes videos, I just keep thinking that if only he could see so much love for him. :( Because I believe that he died with a broken heart tormented by the world accusing and judging him. 50 years he had to deal with it all and I am astounded by his strength to bear it for so long. If only he could have held on for a little while longer. :( And especially after reading the CNN article where they have written what MJ would be doing had he been alive. Its too painful.

Since 2009 I suffer from depression, of course not only because of MJ's death but this tragedy has contributed so much for my worsening, I like to say I lost a happy part of my life, just like lost a relative...

My Facebook profile pic today. . . :heart: I still see some ignorance when it comes to Mike, but the LOVE is beginning to outshine the hate and for that I'm very thankful.

Noreasontohate_zps56218777.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back