Celebrities Remember Him on Anniversary

Bubs

Proud Member
Michael Jackson's Death Five Years Later: Celebrities Remember Him on Anniversary

Five years after Michael Jackson's death, his legacy lives on. Celebrities from Ludacris to Suzanne Somers took to Twitter and Facebook on Wednesday, June 25, to commemorate the late pop giant on the fifth anniversary of his passing.

Jackson died on June 25, 2009 at the age of 50. The performing legend passed away in his Los Angeles home, in what was ruled as the suffering of a cardiac arrest. His untimely death preceded his planned late-2000s comeback, which was scheduled around a series of sold-out shows to be held the month after he passed.

In the years since, his fame has continued, as multiple albums of his recorded music have been released posthumously, and his estate has earned more than $700 million after his death, according to Forbes.

On the anniversary of the loss of the pop legend, a variety of celebrities memorialized Jackson on social media.

Suzanne Somers linked to a music video for Jackson's 1989 single "Liberian Girl" and wrote on Facebook, "Today is the 5th anniversary of the death of Michael Jackson. I was privileged to have a small part in his music video, Liberian Girl, along with many other Hollywood celebrities. Hope you enjoy the video. Rest in peace, Michael."
Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson tweeted, "5 years ago we lost the best entertainer/performer of all time... Michael Jackson," and "Michael Jackson's music is forever timeless!"

Supermodel Iman tweeted to a photo on Instagram of herself with Jackson and Eddie Murphy from the singer's "Remember the Time" music video, writing, "'Remember The Time' with @MichaelJackson @eddiemurphy can't believe it has been 5 yrs since his passing #RIP."

Rapper Ludacris wrote on Twitter, "R.I.P. The King Of POP M.J."

Gospel singer Kurt Carr tweeted, "Do you remember where you were the day Michael Jackson died? Rest in Peace to the King of Pop! #RIP #MichaelJackson."

Actor and model Tyson Beckford shared on Twitter, "Rip MJ never forgotten."

Performer Lady Gaga wrote, "R I P Micheal. We love you. Today the world and media will grieve your absence, and think deeply of how we could have treated you better."

Paramore's Hayley Williams tweeted, "I'm gonna dance extra hard tonight during Ain't It Fun for Mr. Michael Jackson ... Still hard to believe. Never forgotten! #MJ."

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...lebrities-remember-star-2014256#ixzz35frCWiXp

LA Reid @LA_Reid · 8m

A legend impacts the world even when he's gone. MJ currently has the most albums on Billboard 200. #RIPMichaelJackson

Retweeted by Michael Jackson ♕
Ludacris @Ludacris · 5h

R.I.P. The King Of POP M.J. http://instagram.com/p/pq0Hhmwa1U/

• ReplyReplied to 0 times
  • RetweetRetweeted 421 times421
  • FavoriteFavorited 405 times405
  • More

Retweeted by Michael Jackson ♕
Saul Williams @SaulWilliams · 36m

Michael Jackson paid my way thru college. I received MJ performing arts scholarship my 1st yr at Morehouse frm the 25 mil. he gave to UNCF

10475015_486743274794913_1725106166_a.jpg

hrbmkg.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/pqnyNnI5uY/#

Eros Ramazzotti @RamazzottiEros · 9 Std.

A cinque anni dalla morte di @michaeljackson, solo una parola #ImmortalLegend !

5 years after his death @michaeljackson, just one word #ImmortalLegend !

Bq93xRvIcAABs84.jpg:large

Britney Spears @britneyspears ·
My thoughts are with the Jackson family today. Honored to have shared a stage with him.Miss u Michael! <3

Lady Gaga @ladygaga · .R I P Michael.
We love you. Today the world and media will grieve your absence, and think deeply of how we could have treated you better.

michael bearden @MichaelBearden ·

Seeing us here, it's hard to believe it's been 5 years. I embrace his love & legacy.The music! RIP.. MJ! Miss U!

Bill Whitfield@MJBODYGUARDS · #RememberTheTime Always, Boss.

Forever thankful for being graced with your presence in my lifetime. RIP Mr Jackson. One Love.

TJ Jackson &#10004;@tjjackson

Not a day goes by where I don't think about him. And today even more so...His smile,his laughter, his walk, everything. Love you, Doo Doo.

@tjjackson Your uncle helped and changed so many lives including my own life just by being him. My future children will know about him :)
Retweeted by TJJackson

Taryll Jackson &#10004;@tarylljackson
To my idol, teacher, Uncle and best friend&#8230; &#8220;I love you more.&#8221; #alwaysinmyheart#love#foreverMJJ...

Madonna posted this picture on her Instagram account:

altes-foto-von-madonna-und-michael-jackson.jpg

La Toya Jackson @latoyajackson · 6 h.

Thank You For Remembering!

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/enterta...on-5th-anniversary-of-michael-jacksons-death/

Jun 25, 2014
Today marks the fifth anniversary of Michael Jackson&#8216;s death, and no one mourns him more than his family.

Sister La Toya Jackson, 58, gave an exclusive statement to ABC News about her late brother, who died June 25, 2009, at age 50:

&#8220;5 Years ago today we all lost the most INCREDIBLE father, brother, son and the most talented performer this world has ever known!

&#8220;If Michael were here today he would tell us all to celebrate his life and not to mourn his death. Michael was all about love and peace and in honor of my brother I ask you to please do something kind for someone today, and, BLAST and DANCE to all the beautiful music he left us all.

&#8220;I will spend this day celebrating his life by listening to his music, looking through old home photos, watching his videos and concerts. MICHAEL I LOVE YOU FOREVER and if you were here today I know you would say, &#8220;I LOVE YOU MORE!&#8221;

Paris78;4024092 said:
La Toya Jackson @latoyajackson · 6 h.

Thank You For Remembering!

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/enterta...on-5th-anniversary-of-michael-jacksons-death/

Jun 25, 2014
Today marks the fifth anniversary of Michael Jackson‘s death, and no one mourns him more than his family.

Sister La Toya Jackson, 58, gave an exclusive statement to ABC News about her late brother, who died June 25, 2009, at age 50:

“5 Years ago today we all lost the most INCREDIBLE father, brother, son and the most talented performer this world has ever known!

“If Michael were here today he would tell us all to celebrate his life and not to mourn his death. Michael was all about love and peace and in honor of my brother I ask you to please do something kind for someone today, and, BLAST and DANCE to all the beautiful music he left us all.

“I will spend this day celebrating his life by listening to his music, looking through old home photos, watching his videos and concerts. MICHAEL I LOVE YOU FOREVER and if you were here today I know you would say, “I LOVE YOU MORE!”

:puke: :smilerolleyes: :coffee: I WILL throw shade on this BS! A "celebrity" only because she sh*tted on that "most incredible father, BROTHER, son and the most talented performer this world has ever known" in the worst way!

girl-byeredweave_zpsd36da10f.png

Last edited:
Brett Barnes @IAmBrettBarnes · 5 h.

Five years have gone by, but time hasn't made the sadness go away. I miss you Applehead.

Chucky Klapow @ChuckyKlapow · 6 h.

Today is probably a fitting day to finally share this with everyone... This is from when Michael Jackson took his kids backstage to meet us at the High School Musical concert tour in Las Vegas. Yes, Michael loved #HighSchoolMusical too &#65533;&#65533; http://instagram.com/p/pr3Ezhm-RN/

Joseph Jackson @Joe5Jackson · 8 h.

It's a hard day for all my family members. But so thankful for him, because he lives on... I love you Michael

Joseph Jackson &#8207;@Joe5Jackson

Thank you Keya Morgan for sharing this beautiful painting. it's very sad, but beautiful! @keyamorgan pic.twitter.com/bbyo0SSH6q
BrASbwAIMAAOQfB.jpg

Stephanie Mills @PrettyMill1 · 4 h.

I miss and love him so much! #MichaelJackson
BrBVli3IQAAVclA.jpg:large

Kathy Hilton @KathyHilton · 2 h.

Can't believe its been 5 years since the death of @michaeljackson. I miss you every day and know that you're always with me xoxo Kathy

Last edited:
BrBfyhQCEAAE7RT.jpg:large

Larry King @kingsthings · 20 h.

Remembering #MichaelJackson at the Rainbow PUSH Coalition. He & @RevJJackson presented me w/ the Humanitarian Award.
BrAsgx9CUAIzY-F.jpg:large

Austin Brown

Camera caught us in one of our many comical debates.. You know I
personally don't like to acknowledge this day only because I still can't
stand the fact that he isn't here to see all of this love, care ,and
admiration he has right now it truly
would've made him whole again. So while this will be my last post about
my uncle ever on this day I will say it's truly important for us to tell
our loved ones how much they mean to us and to do it daily. You never
know when it will be the last time you ever see them again. Our last
words were I love you see you in London.. This picture was the last time
I was able to laugh with him. We all have loved ones who move on so
lets make sure they know always how we feel before it's too late.

10246509101521b52e8i1m0o.jpg

Former Michael Jackson Employee Remembers the King of Pop

Shirin Rajaee, KEYT - KCOY - KKFX Anchor/Reporter, shirin.rajaee@keyt.com
POSTED: 09:25 AM PDT Jun 26, 2014 UPDATED: 09:26 AM PDT Jun 26, 2014

MJ Fans Visit Neverland Ranch on Anniversary of His Death

LOS OLIVOS, Calif. -Michael Jackson fans showed up to remember the King of Pop five years after his death Wednesday. At Neverland Ranch fans were seen leaving flowers, writing messages and taking pictures outside the iconic gates.
One of Jackson's former employees was also paying her respects. Tracy Coppin reminiscences on the days she gave tours around the estate and catered to Jackson's guests as his executive assistant.
Jackson was 50 years old when he died at his home June 25, 2009 of an overdose of the anesthetic Propofol. The drug was administered by Dr. Conrad Murray just before the singer was about to launch a series of comeback concerts.

In Los Angeles thousands of red roses, purchased by Jackson fans through an online campaign, were piled up on the memorial site where Jackson was laid to rest.

• Copyright © 2014 KEYT - NPG of California, LLC. All riS

See VIDEO here http://www.keyt.com/news/former-michael-jackson-employee-remembers-the-king-of-pop/26675658

Lukas Podolski. German football player who play for Arsenal:

Lukas-Podolski.com @Podolski10 · Jun 25

It s been five years... RIP The King of Pop #KingOfPop #MichaelJackson #music #RIP

Sarah Connor, German singer

Sarah Connor @sarahconnorfc · Jun 26

King of Pop 4ever!!!! Miss u MJ http://fb.me/1ulwCYPhg

Siva Kaneswaran @SivaTheWanted · Jun 25

Remembering The King Of Pop today...one of my greatest inspirations. Can't believe it's been 5 years... #MichaelJackson

Jackée Harry @JackeeHarry · Jun 25

R.I.P. To My Dearest Friend, #MichaelJackson. While His Physical Presence Is Truly Missed, His Music & Benevolence Lives On! #FOREVERtheKING

Last edited:
Jackie Jackson @JackieJackson5 · 13 h.

I thank everyone for sending support this week in memory of my brother. I love you all

Tionne T-Boz Watkins @TheRealTBOZ · 25. Juni

I can't even tell U where I'd be without this mans influence in my career! #TBoz #TLC #TBeezy #MJ #TheBest... http://fb.me/1luSPFKUC
10394098_10152263410276848_1874018236571890191_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back