Jürgen Todenhöfer - 2 Days with Michael (New footage from 2001)

MJ5

Proud Member

from 9th March 2001

10259799_10152271625580838_4822999197183343790_n.j  pg

https://www.facebook.com/JuergenTod...3741827.12084075837/10152271625580838/?type=1

Last edited:
Here is what he wrote in English:

Two days with Michael

Dear friends. 5 years ago this day Michael Jackson died. We were friends since he visited me in our mountain hut in Sulden in 2001. A sensitive genius of the century who lived in his own world!

I asked him for a song, but he wanted to protect his voice. He asked me if I could sing a German song for him. Me??? It was very strange. But he kept insisting. I had to sing Lili Marleen and Sag mir, wo die Blumen sind again and again. Two anti-war songs. With guitar.

JT sings for MJ. There's nothing more absurd.

Until today I keep thinking about the pillow fights with Michael, Valerie and Françoise at 5 a.m. Michael could not sleep. I think about our meditations together. We had the same mantra. About our Spagetti with Langustinos whose eyes he covered with a serviette because they made him sad.

I remember a phone call with my children who were in London at the time and did not know anything about the secret visit of Michael in Sulden. Michael had a long conversation with Freddy about God and the world. Freddy stayed cool. It could not disturb his calmness that he was on the phone with a world superstar.

Michael called Nathalie, my youngest daughter. But she only laughed at him: "If you are Michael Jackson then I am the Pope." - she said and hung up. Michael came back from the call with Nathalie totally unsettled.

We talked a lot about wars which he despised. When he was about to be awarded with a Bambi award in Berlin in the fall of 2002 he was to have a speech. I asked him to say something about the upcoming Iraq war. A big part of the US troops were already in Kuwait. Michael stared at me long and said: "You know that will bring me a lot of flak in the US." I nodded my head. I knew too well.

At night at the award ceremony in front of millions of TV viewes Michael said in his speech:

"We are German, French, Italian, Russian, African, Asian, so many nationalities. We are Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus. We are black, we are white. We are a big community with so many differences. So complex yet so simple. WE DO NOT NEED WAR!"

Michael, you were a wonderful human being and a one of a kind artist. That is why you were so much hunted like a wounded deer. Destroying the winners is the favourite game of our world.

We will never forget you. I keep listening to your songs. My favourites are Earth Song and We Are The World. For millions of people you will never die. Thank you, Michael!

Yours,
JT

Never heard about Jürgen Toderhöfer before so I looked up who he is. He's a German anti-war activist and former politician. Here is an interview with him:

[video=youtube;Ui19DXInnVc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui19DXInnVc[/video]

[video=youtube;WIsK4B_Vtl8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIsK4B_Vtl8[/video]

Watching a genius musician like Michael with the richness of musical tapestry echoing in his presence, listening to something so simple as a man playing acoustic guitar is fascinating to me. I wonder what went through his mind when he heard it...

Yeah, it says in the article.

It says 9th March 2001 in youtube.

Beautiful footage of Michael, a rare glimpse at him just being himself with no paparazzi or anything else around him... he was at peace here... he's such a unique soul, and he exudes peace & love anywhere he goes... god bless him always!

I thnink Frank Cascio wrote in his book about the meeting with Todenhöfer. Valerie Todenhöfer became Franks girlfriend at that time.

Okay, I'm crying happy tears from reading what he wrote and have fallen in love all over again. :wub: I miss him soooo much! :(

Love you Michael, for always!

Just saw this. This is the same guy who was with MJ in the video in the first post.

[video=youtube;1ucAqS4Qodg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ucAqS4Qodg[/video]

Nice footage.

Still I can't help to wonder why everyone always filmed their "private" meetings with MJ. - If they were meant to be private why film them? - After so many used MJ I can't help but think people did it to release the footage and get 15 minutes of fame. - Share the spotlight with MJ.

What he wrote was beautiful and he does seem like a very nice man. - But the motives behind filming such private moments still makes me wonder. - Maybe I am a bit too sensitive, but MJ was cheated, used and betrayed so many times I can't help it.

Still I am enjoying these videos very much. - To see MJ in situations like this is nice. So relaxed and happy. Great.

Maybe they filmed so they could prove to people they actually met him? These days you need proof for anything, coming on a board saying you knew Michael or spent time at Neverland several times is not believed if you don´t provide proof. And even if you do so, people often say it´s photoshop or that it doesn´t prove you knew him, only that you met him. It´s a moment 22 or catch 22 or how you say it.

respect77;4024212 said:
Here is what he wrote in English:
About our Spagetti with Langustinos whose eyes he covered with a serviette because they made him sad.

He was so sweet. How could anyone think that someone like that would abuse anyone? :boohoo
This reminded me of the bee story from the interview with the Captain EO dancers.
Go to 18:04

[video=youtube;OQ6D6FvplLY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ6D6FvplLY&index=8&list=FLUGXbU-bSb5KpHfHil20Vmw[/video]

And that story about how Michael had tears in his eyes when Seth Rigg killed a fly.
"When Michael [Jackson] had an audience with Pope Paul, he brought Seth Riggs his vocal coach along with him. While they were waiting to meet with his holiness in the outer chamber, a fly came into the room. It skillfully buzzed freely around them with a childlike freedom and Seth became so annoyed that he couldn’t take it anymore and killed it on the spot. With tears in his eyes Michael asked, “Why did you do that?!” Seth retorted, “It was just buzzing around here, getting on my nerves!” Michael answered him like a Zen master and said, “He was enjoying his freedom and living his life and you ended it!” From that day forward Seth understood and he took on a deeper appreciation for all life because of Michael’s compassion for a fly."

— Howard McCrary, of the McCrary’s family singers

http://lacienegasmiled.tumblr.com/post/85258926140/when-michael-jackson-had-an-audience-with-pope

So saving that bug on stage was not just for the show.

Sad to see yet another "friend" put private footage up for the whole world to see. These moments were private, I don't understand why they are on film in the first place, and I also don't understand why people put this online.

Michael Jackson could never truly be himself, because those around him that claimed to be his 'friends' and invited him to their homes felt the need to film him like an animal at the zoo. It really breaks my heart.

Last edited:
Virre;4078257 said:
Maybe they filmed so they could prove to people they actually met him? These days you need proof for anything, coming on a board saying you knew Michael or spent time at Neverland several times is not believed if you don´t provide proof. And even if you do so, people often say it´s photoshop or that it doesn´t prove you knew him, only that you met him. It´s a moment 22 or catch 22 or how you say it.
so they want it on film just so they can brag and show off? if I had met Michael, I wouldn't have the need to prove it to anyone. why would I care what others think? if I was that fortunate to have spend some time with him, then those special moments is all that matters to me, really, and not if anyone believes me or not

Spyce;4079713 said:
Is it a film from Michael's collection, maybe? He filmed himself quite a bit. And he maybe shared with them. Doesn't mean that's what happened, but just a thought :)
I was thinking the same thing...he even had his own camera crew. I'm not saying he had his every private moment filmed, I'm just saying. also, I doubt they (these friends of his) would film him without him knowing about it?

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing this. Michael looks so calm and peaceful in this video it's really great to see him like this :D

Michael Jackson in Italy 3/13/2001

Precisely he arrived to Solda, near Merano in Alto Adige.

Solda. Michael Jackson arrived to the Ortles, for two days. He was really him: the great singer. He was not a double. He came with his agents and his body-guards for relaxing a little bit and because he was going to clinch some deals.

On account of this event Solda will enter into the history and it will obtain a lot of free publicity. Everything happened thanks to the brilliance of Paul Hanny that should do all sort of things for Solda. This time he didn't believe that would have received a prize so wonderful.

Michael Jackson arrived to the Ortles Friday in the afternoon. He arrived by a Mercedes that had impenetrable glasses. Behind there was another car with his body-guards, his managing director Kathleen A Kelly and the other manager Myung-Ho Lee. The singer had been picked up at the airport of Innsbruck where he had landed by his private jet after a flight from London. The big artist had to face a problem: he felt a big pain at the right ankle plastered for a long time. The staff of Michael had called Solda's doctor, she had prescribed him some pills and the pain vanished.

Michael went to bed at 8 p.m. for a brief rest, then he got up and he dined with his managers and his body-guards. Michael ate speck, cheese of Stelvio malga and he drank mineral water only. From Merano came the "La Zag" group that played some songs for half an hour and they were really excited. Solda inhabitants gave to the great artist a bank note of ten "Sulden Tschosch" (this bank note has printed for enjoyment). He also received a decorated stone that had been taken from Ortles. He appreciated a little bunch of edelweisses: Michael didn't know those flowers. Jackson went to bed early and his staff went to dance at the Solda "Apres Club."

Saturday morning Michael had to clinch some deals, then he was ready to go to Innsbruck's airport. Suddenly he decided of staying at Solda and he said: "I want to see the village, here is pleasing." The staff phoned to Innsbruck and the take-off was cancelled. The great artist began reading, he was always alone. He met some persons for deals then at 6 p.m. he decided to go for a walk around Solda. He got up on his car and he wished to see typical places. He was fascinated by the mountains, by cableway which goes up to Milano Hut and by artificial icy wall built at village. Nobody noticed his presence. Michael seemed to be happy because he was able to isolate himself.

At the evening Paul Hanny persuaded Michael to dine in a typical restaurant. Hanny guaranteed him the privacy and Jackson agreed. He ate at "Hartmann's Weinstube" and he was served at table by Mrs. Johanna and her daughters. He ate "spaghetti" with fish and mussels and he appreciated them very much. Restaurant's guests didn't move when the artist got up for going to the bathroom. Somebody recognized him but nobody disturbed him.

Michael went to bed at 9 p.m. Sunday morning Michael stayed at home, because he had to meet someone probably for getting deals. He ate quickly and then he left for Innsbruck. Paul Hanny remember with a great emotion that Michael had asked him to drive the car and he was very happy to do it. The body-guards and his managers followed Jackson' car along all journey. At Innsbruck airport Hanny arrived at the Jackson's personal plane ramp surrounded by some agents. Michael came down his car and embraced Hanny for a long time. He left him a special dedication too with his autograph. Paul Hanny was very touched.

PILLS FROM DOCTOR FOR ANKLE PAIN. Doctor Raffaella Ortler Stocker said: "I didn't wait this kind of patient". Friday evening the doctor, that has her ambulatory at the village, received a call for a medical examination that she didn't foresee. She said: "I knew that there was a famous guest but I didn't think that it was Michael Jackson, a singer that I love very much. It had been a very quick examination: the artist had a break at the ankle and it was plastered. He felt much pain, probably caused by much of the stress and the tiredness for the jet lag and for his journey from Innsbruck to Solda by car. I prescribed him some pills for calming his pain. I exchanged a few words with him, using a little bit of English that I learnt at school. He was a normal patient for me, but honestly I have to say that I was excited because in front of me there was a great artist that behaved me very kindly."

WHY AT SOLDA: How is it possible that an artist so famous had chosen this village situated to the Ortles for a short holiday? Everything started from a request that an entrepreneur asked to Paul Hanny, Solda's promoter, for having a house in a typical Tyrolese style built. The entrepreneur, that was Solda guest for a long time, entrusted everything to Hanny who called Venosta artisians, so carried out the building in a short time. The entrepreneur, that invested a lot of money for this "Bauerhaus", was enthusiastic for his new house. He thanked a lot Paul Hanny and he promised him "a big favour for getting Solda known better."

The German entrepreneur in that period was making perfect a lot of agreements with Jackson's staff: he thought of defining them at Solda. So the entrepreneur had phoned to some people for defining all details concerning at the short stay that was at "Bauerhaus" last weekend. The great Michael so arrived to the Ortles: Paul Hanny was delighted!

http://www.solda2000.com/jacksonen.htm

Back