Jacksons playing UK venue (Henley Festival) 12th July 14

myosotis

Proud Member
(The promo text refers to 2012, but the event is definitely 2014)
http://www.henley-festival.co.uk/Programme1/Saturday-12th-July
Floating stage 8.45 pm

THE JACKSONS
Adored by millions of fans the world over, the Jacksons forever changed the landscape of popular music. When siblings Jackie, Jermaine, Marlon, and Tito Jackson rose to fame with their late brother Michael in the 1970s, they instantly became an unstoppable global sensation. The Jacksons' unique brand of soulful pop-funk, their lengthy catalogue of hits, and their impeccable live performances have made them one of the most beloved musical acts of all time.

Idols unlike any other in music history, the Jacksons redefined, reinvented, and reinvigorated popular music as we know it. Classic #1 hits such as “ABC,” “I found ThatGirl,” “I Want You Back,” and “I’ll Be There,” catapultedthe group to superstardom. With nine #1 hits and 14 Top 10 hits, the group has certainly left it mark on the charts. These timeless tracks remain every bit as infectious, incomparable, and iconic today as when they were first released.

Not only did the Jackson 5 become the first group ever to have their first four singles hit #1 on the Billboard Charts,which brought them international notoriety. “I’ll Be There” remains the best selling single in Motown history. The Jacksons were formally inducted into the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame in 1997 and were the youngest group ever to receive that honor. They have had the honor of performing for the Queen of England three times as well as meeting and performing for Presidents, dignitaries, and various Heads of State throughout the globe.

The Jacksons last toured together, in support of their album Victory, in 1984. The Jacksons’ Victory tour was the first of its kind and drew over 2.5 million people to Stadiums across America to see their performances. Now, for the first time in nearly three decades, the group will be back on stage together for the hotly-anticipated Unity Tour 2012. The group will embark on a worldwide series of shows this summer, beginning in the U.S., playing the hits from all the eras of their celebrated career: They will perform their universally beloved hits from the Jackson 5, the Jacksons, and Jermaine Jackson’s solo career.

The Jacksons signature sun-drenched harmonies, energetic stage presence, and roster of smash hits have left an indelible mark on popular music: the name ‘The Jacksons’ is known around the world, and they remain the biggest-selling family in music of all time. Celebrate their extraordinary career and witness music history firsthand this summer when the Jacksons reunite for the Unity Tour 2012.

http://www.henley-festival.co.uk/Programme1/Saturday-12th-July

^^ This is what the brothers should have been focusing on after MJ left the group after the Victory tour 30 years ago. They were still young and could have had careers without Michael. The Supremes went on without Diana Ross, the Miracles went on without Smokey Robinson. True they probably would have to perform in smaller venues, but they could have had careers. Instead they wasted their youth waiting for a chance to use MJ's success for themselves. They got bad advice back then, probably from Joe.

What is going on. Why are they talking about embarking on a tour in summer 2012 when they are promoting something in July 2014. Are they saying the J4 will be singing at a festival for one night?

Petrarose;4026956 said:
What is going on. Why are they talking about embarking on a tour in summer 2012 when they are promoting something in July 2014. Are they saying the J4 will be singing at a festival for one night?

I think that the promoter was probably given the promotional blurb from an earlier date and did not bother to read through it and change it! I understand that the Henley, UK concert is indeed just one night, although the whole festival is 4 days; 9th-13th July.

They are apparently travelling on for a short tour in Europe, afterwards:

Friday 11 July 2014
The Jacksons
Palais Des Congrès, Paris, France

Friday 25 July 2014
The Jacksons
Theatre Jean Deschamps, Carcassonne, France

Sunday 27 July 2014
The Jacksons
Hippodrome De La Plage, Hyères, France

Thursday 24 July 2014
The Jacksons
Salle Des Etoiles - Sporting Monte Carlo, Monte-Carlo, Monaco

Wednesday 30 July 2014
The Jacksons
Paradiso Grote Zaal, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Friday 01 August 2014 – Sunday 03 August 2014
The Jacksons
Suikerrock 2014
Tienen, Belgium

Then back to the USA in August

Thursday 28 August 2014 – Monday 01 September 2014
The Jacksons
Allstate Tom Joyner Family Reunion 2014
Orlando, FL, US

http://www.songkick.com/artists/239550-jacksons/calendar

Last edited:
Well after their Las Vegas gig closed unexpectedly, it seems they are getting some work again. Good for them. maybe they should stick to small venues and one-night acts.

On Saturday, The Jacksons were introduced by actor Don Warrington.

They walked on stage in unison to loud cheers following a two-minute video showing highlights from their career and most recent tour.

Frontman Jackie shouted “Can you feel it?” twice and received a loud roar back from the audience both times.

The four brothers then launched into a medley of their hits Can You Feel It and Blame It On The Boogie.

About halfway through the show, they stopped and showed a 10-minute documentary about their achievements.

There were cheers when they discussed Michael but some members of the audience soon became impatient and started clapping slowly and shouting at them to carry on playing.

Their set continued with hits I Want You Back and ABC 123 as well as Michael Jackson tracks Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ and Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough.

http://www.henleystandard.co.uk/news/news.php?id=39945
--------------------------------

I didn't think it would take 10 minutes to tell the audience their achievements:cheeky: and why they think they even need to do that? I wonder if other artists made audience aware of they achievement too?

They keep going on about MJ, telling the audience how much they miss him yada yada yada and more rubbish.
I don't think anyone goes to see them because they want to see The Jacksons - see us grieving Michael tour. People who went there to see them want to see them singing and be entertained, and not talking nonsense.

About halfway through the show, they stopped and showed a 10-minute documentary about their achievements.

There were cheers when they discussed Michael but some members of the audience soon became impatient and started clapping slowly and shouting at them to carry on playing.

I didn't think it would take 10 minutes to tell the audience their achievements:cheeky: and why they think they even need to do that? I wonder if other artists made audience aware of they achievement too?
[/QUOTE]

^ I wonder if that segment is something they prepared for the 'RockTellz and Cocktails show in Las Vegas? (Re-cycling?)
I guess it gives them a mid-session break to catch their breath...they are getting on a bit now :)

Bubs;4029193 said:
On Saturday, The Jacksons were introduced by actor Don Warrington.

They walked on stage in unison to loud cheers following a two-minute video showing highlights from their career and most recent tour.

Frontman Jackie shouted “Can you feel it?” twice and received a loud roar back from the audience both times.

The four brothers then launched into a medley of their hits Can You Feel It and Blame It On The Boogie.

Their set continued with hits I Want You Back and ABC 123 as well as Michael Jackson tracks Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ and Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough.

They keep going on about MJ, telling the audience how much they miss him yada yada yada and more rubbish.
I don't think anyone goes to see them because they want to see The Jacksons - see us grieving Michael tour. People who went there to see them want to see them singing and be entertained, and not talking nonsense.

^^The underline--exactly. Imagine you go to see ONE and they stop and start talking a bunch of nonsense about how they miss Michael. I mean you went to see the dancing, singing, special effects, images and not to listen to a public speech. I would be clapping to to let the performers know it is time to move on. We get it--Michael was a J5 back in the day and left it decades ago.

I see the brothers are back in the UK for 2 gigs in September...Isle of Man and then Hardwick Live music Festival Durham

Jackie Jackson ‏@JackieJackson5 · 2m
Hey lovely ones, I'm out here in the UK with my brothers, it's great to be back

I'll be at Hardwick Live, my second time seeing them after the Manchester Unity Tour date last year. That one was a brilliant show, so let's hope for more of the same.

^^Glad to see the men getting gigs and involved in performing which it seems they love to do.

It would be nice to see the brothers makeup for the dates that their cancel on the beginning of the Unity Tour Louisville was the first stop on the tour. It just not the same without Michael i would love to see the brothers perform if their every come back.

Going off topic has anyone see this i saw it on my fb page.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...amily-Items-Begins-Tomorrow-Runs#.VBFOFMJdU49

Do not see a thread about this.

It would be nice to see the brothers makeup for the dates that their cancel on the beginning of the Unity Tour Louisville was the first stop on the tour. It just not the same without Michael i would love to see the brothers perform if their every come back.

Going off topic has anyone see this i saw it on my fb page.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...amily-Items-Begins-Tomorrow-Runs#.VBFOFMJdU49

Do not see a thread about this.

Could you make a new thread for that auction info. I'm certain it will generate some discussion.

Well after their Las Vegas gig closed unexpectedly, it seems they are getting some work again. Good for them. maybe they should stick to small venues and one-night acts.

What happen that this close do you know?

Back