Michael Jackson RPG - Interested?

J5master

Proud Member
EDIT: A month later and it is DONE! Check it out!

HOME // RULES // PLOT // ADS //
A Place with No Name
A place where the artistry of the King of Pop comes to life.
A place where the zombies in Thriller are real and Billie Jean claims you are the one.
A place where a Smooth Criminal xscapes and there is Blood on the Dancefloor.

Are we amusing you or just confusing you?
Check us out, and explore the many different dimensions all based on MJ’s music. Take
characters from his music videos in new, interesting directions or create your own
personified character based on MJ's large library of songs. Michael’s imagination
and creativity was vast and adventurous, which makes for one insane RPG! Come join
us and celebratehis art in this unique way!
Show us who’s BAD.​

Ok ok, hear me out - I know this is a crazy idea lol

So for the past several years I've been in the hobby of role playing forums (you can see the one I run now in my siggy) : it's where you take on a role, and you write as a character, replying back and forth to play out storylines, etc. There's a whole forum RPG community out there, and there is an RPG for literally everything.

It kind of stems out of fan fiction writing too, I believe. Except I like RP because its more collaborative.

And I just came up with this idea, and I wanted to see what fans thought. If you were into that sort of thing, would you join? Is it a good idea? Because I think I will totally do it.

Basically I'm thinking of doing an RPG in a world where there are different 'doppelgangers' (think Vampire Diaries lol) of Michael Jackson, but its not really Michael Jackson - but more so all of the characters he's played in his music videos. And they all come from different worlds, and they all find a 'portal' of some kind that brings them into the same world (I haven't decided what that place is, Neverland? That might be a bit too cliche for my tastes, I might just think up an original 'place' for them all to end up in - maybe a village or city where people can make up original characters unrelated to any of MJ's videos, and they can all interact).

But basically it'll be an opportunity for people the think up fun 'backstories' for each music video and play out how each one of MJ's characters would act outside of those videos. And maybe they can even visit each other's 'worlds' too, and start up some good storylines there. So for instance, the canon list (the list of characters that can be played in the game) might look a little something like this (forgive the names, cuz I'm terrible at making them up lol) :

Jace Morris
("Thriller" Michael)
  • Was cursed with special powers to control the dead
  • Can also control people's memories
  • Is Immortal
  • Is very mischievous
  • Goal: Wants to find an eternal mate
(Original character opportunities could be like...maybe Jace has a cult following of people/zombie cursed the same way but aren't as powerful, maybe these are malevolent creatures as opposed to "Ghost" Michael's followers explained below)

Daryl Greere
("Bad" Michael)

• Comes from a rough neighborhood
  • Goes to a private school
  • Used to steal (and was very good at it) but he realized that wasn't the life for him
  • The temptation to go back to old ways is strong, especially when he ends up in a new world and needs to survive
  • Is freakishly smart
  • Goal: Discover what he wants to do in life
(original character opportunities could involve people from Daryl's school or Daryl's old crew back at home)

Ammon
("Remember the Time" Michael)
  • Comes from ancient Egypt
  • Is a warlock/magician
  • Personality: Bold and flirtatious
  • Is a trickster (I'm thinking Loki -ish lol)
  • Goal: Wants to have his own dynasty and a queen to rule with him

Tulav Illoin
("Scream" Michael)
  • Is an alien lol
  • Has been wandering from planet to planet with his sister (who can also be played)
  • Personality: Aggressive, competitive and assertive
  • These aliens hate excessive noise
  • They have alien powers (will think of some later lol)
  • Goal: To find a new home as their planet has been destroyed.

(original characters, other people from their planet)

The Maestro
("Ghosts" Michael)
  • Is a ghost that can be seen
  • Has a following of other ghosts, but they're all pretty friendly
  • Personality wise he's playful, mysterious and unassuming, has fun showing people what he can do
  • Goal: Figure out his 'unfinished business'

Anyway you get the idea. There could be a version of MJ from any video that has a defined character - like Moonwalker Michael (who's Mr. Transformer lol). Even Earth Song MJ (who could be from a post apocalyptic world and has survival instincts like no other). People could have some real fun with it.

What do you think? Should i do it?? lol

Last edited:
I'm in favour for the MJ RPG. I like the idea of Daryl Greere version so I'd go for it.

Tulav Illoin
"Scream" Michael
55.jpg

And the Maestro sound very cool
ghosts1.jpg

Do it :D I think you will get a lot of interest
Really nice thread. Amazing creative mind.

Thanks guys! Oh and I already know the name of it - "A Place with No Name"
BOOM!

Kinda excited to get started lol

Wow :clapping: I love your ideas really! I love creating characters too and one of them is always Michael, hey :wub:
Yep, please post the link to your site and I'll see if I can pop in. Please make the site 'tab friendly' :cheeky: It will atract even more visitors :D
That was a heavy plot there you came up with! My muse went WOW already, LOL :blush:
I like the zombie theme and the Bad theme hence my nickname :D
Good thread. I wish you a lot of fun creating the site and seeing your characters grow into 'real' people! :clapping:

Sweet! Thanks for the ideas!

Oh and if you happen to be reading this and are interested, and happen to be good at making graphics, please private message me! If there's one thing I need help with when it comes to making RPGs, its the artistic part - or the look of the site. I usually always have someone to help me with the design, or at least the main parts of the design like the banner and advertisements.

In the mean time, I'm taking notes and scribbling down ideas I have. Should be fun!

Okay folks I've got a domain, and possibly a skin. Working on graphics. Not sure if anyone is playing attention to this thread but I think I'm gonna use this as a testing ground for ideas in case someone wants to throw in suggestions.

This is a first draft of the long version of the plot. I'm pretty confident about it, but I just want to check in and see if the post-apocalyptic vibe may be too heavy for a site like this. That said, I think the theme could 1) lend itself to some great calls-to-action about MJ's messages in his music and 2) be a great intro for 'Earth Song' MJ and 3) make room for conflict, which is always a necessity in any RPG haha. I mostly want to check to see if its way too confusing because I tend to get that way when it comes to fictional worlds. :

A CRYING EARTH, A WEEPING SHORE
No one remembers when HIStory ended.
It is more like a myth now, the things that religions are born out of. It is said to have happened after the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] world war. With many casualties already, it was like the universe collapsed in on itself, and the Earth was never the same again. Natural disasters raged on, memories were erased, portals to different times and places were said to have opened up, magic became a reality – and everything became nothing but chaos. And after this shift of the universe was over and portals had closed, humanity was at a loss as to what could have caused this. Unknown to most, evidence of these opened portals still remained on earth.

NO ONE WANTS TO BE DEFEATED
It is now 30 years after HIStory ended.
The geography of the world is no longer as we used to know. The earth now is mostly uninhabitable except one continent of land that is still left. Normalcy was miraculously (as best as one could) restored after many many years – nearly all technologies had been preserved and the economy still kept turning. There is one major city still in existence called New Jackson, holding the biggest resources in the world, home to a mysterious world government run by a team of nameless leaders (‘The Council’) with an army. There are other pockets of civilization and cultures, and all of them (including New Jackson) are still ridden with politics, civil disputes, and fighting. Many even believe that the government was somehow behind the ending of HIStory – which would be why civilization was restored so quickly. No one knows for sure, because no one remembers when HIStory ended, much like no one remembers being born.
Despite all of this, New Jackson is a lot like a safe haven – where people go about their lives as if HIStory never ended - going to school, having jobs and worrying about what the government is doing and not doing.

YOU THOUGHT YOU COULD BE IN ANOTHER WORLD
Many fear that chaos can break out again.
They might be right.
Emerging from the ending of HIStory awakened the abilities of the Portal Travelers, all from different times and places in the universe. Some came from earth at different times, some came from other realities. But all of them have something in common – they can all travel to different dimensions. These portal travelers are much like doppelgangers of each other, similar in appearance and voice – but different people entirely. Once they figure out they can travel to New Jackson (and beyond), will this only help what is left of humanity as we know it? Not all Portal Travelers have the universe’s best interests at heart. One thing is certain: through these Portal Travelers, a new world of alternate universes, magic, time travel, fantasy and danger is introduced. The universe is the portal travelers’ playground – or maybe one would call it Neverland. Maybe it’s just A Place with No Name.

WOW :wild:
Now, that is what I call a thread on my league.
You sure know how to write your stuff.

It is indeed a 'heavy' plot but it can also be quite intriguing if you put 'thoughts' and 'feelings' of your characters in it. I meant if you give it a psychological twist too.

I think its a daring plot and it grips me. Note, I am a writer too:cheeky: and they say that we are quite sceptical about plots cause we create and control them :D

So, it's got potential in it if you take the time to go full out on it and it doesn't have that 'forced' happy end when the whole story is doom and gloom.

Please continue to wow me :D

Thanks Daryll!

And yeah thats the beauty of this kind of thing. Its a collaborative effort, so when I throw the plot out there, its for anyone to play with. Its more like just setting the scene, and people can play in that world with their character (s) however they see fit. And as you write, you'll definitely want to put your character's thoughts and feelings into it. So it will definitely have a psychological element to it, and it'll be a different element for different players. And since it's technically a "game" - the ending is kinda open ended. The stories are more within the characters we throw in there and how they'll interact with each other in this world, and that will be the mystery until I open the site to the public! hahaha

So I'm glad its intriguing to you as a writer! That's the goal. Actually its better that it's intriguing to you as a writer and not just an MJ fan because I do want this place to be accessible to people who are not just hardcore fans, but maybe just respect the man and like his music AND like to write. II think it'll be a good place to pull in more fans but in a different way. :)

Storyline:

Mr. Big, has made a device to transport himself to the future, but it back fires and he ends up in the mayors house. Now he and the mayor are out for two different people, but here there are three: Apollo, and Maestro. The future transportation backfired, and now anyone can go to the alternate universes. It's up to you to save them.

Omg the thought of Apollo and the maestro working together to bring down the big bad makes me giddy!! And again, the beauty of this is that both my storyline and yours can totally work together. I will totally weave something like that in as a plot for both moonwalker and ghosts. Maybe mr big is none other than ... Dun dunnnn Frankie lideo!! Frank and the mayor work together to get apollo and maestro because maybe they both know that they can not only travel through time , but they have (as you said) made a plan of theirs backfire!

Apollo and The Maestro can go back in time with their dancing powers. (Rip-off of the Moonwalker video game)

Hmmm im having a hard time with Bad and TWYMMF. A part of me can see them being the same people because concept of those videos are so similar. Both of them trying to 'fit in' with the wrong crowd and they give a big FU by singing and dancing LOLOL

So yeah Im wondering if I can say that TWYMMF MJ is also Daryll - or should I make them separate people.

Though...i figure personality wise TWYMMF MJ was more timid at first in the video (the full version).

Also Dirty Diana. On the fence about that one because there isn't really a 'character' to the video, though there is potential of doing a storyline with it. At first I was thinking Dirty Diana MJ could simply be a big rock star and Diana herself could be another character. But then I realized....you'd just be playing Michael Jackson as himself in that instance. Unless there are other ideas for this.

I mean I suppose I can set it up so that Dirty Diana MJ is definitely NOT anything like the real MJ. (musing out loud)

*giggles at the thought of Captain EO in this world*

Oh and another thing I'm pondering if I should do something with Black Or White. I *see* a character in there but I don't know how one would go about it...I was thinking this character would possibly be kind of a cultural encyclopedia, automatically knowing the customs and languages of anyone in any dimension. Oh yes, and the panther trick lol Though I'm thinking to prevent folks from getting up and arms over it (and taking it as an offensive thing) - maybe he can be a shape shifter, so he can turn into not just a panther, but a lion too, whatever other animal he sees fit. Wolf, maybe.

One the fence abotu Stranger in Moscow too.

The prison version of TDCAU has potential, but im not so sure about that one either. I was think maybe TDCAU Mj would be a fugitive?

Last edited:
Wow, slow down with the different plots and characters. You're gone burn out your muse, lol :D

Right now, he's like the GIF siggy of skyisthelimit :cheeky: violently, nodding his head no :doh:

The thing is you can only work on 1 or max. 2 plots at a time or your muse will get so confused that you get stuck. That is what Writers block brings, you know! Too many plots and too much info at the same time.
Just some gentle advice from a writer who has been there though. Patches of writers block are hell to plough through so I am now just sticking to 2 plots now and that is managable.

I am sure, you still have to 'train' your muse hey? :blush:
Otherwise, he'll go rampant and destroy everything you build up. So, slow down! :cheeky:

Anyway, storyline wise. I'd go with Daryll in TWYMMF too. Like in BAD, he is the streetkid with BAD hoodlums and in the Twymmf he has turned out good now. :blush: Trying to build up his life now.

The other characters are not revealing itself to me now!
Yeash, the psych thingy is a pet peeve for me. Even in soaps, I try to see the psych things of it cause I think its just so interesting and intriguing to read and write about.

Great ideas but slow down, okay! :scratch:

Thanks for the feed back!

No worries about the 'separate plots' and working on too many. This isn't exactly like building a complete fictional story. Its more like making one set up for...perhaps several fictional stories that I won't necessarily write myself. When making an RPG like this, you kind of have to think of the many possibilities that people can play in and interact with.

Its like imagining (not even making) the 'pilot' episode of a TV show. All these different MJs are the characters for the show. All I want to do before opening the RPG is kind of give them a base....what they're about, a general concept - for others to possibly take on and do with what they please. And even then, I'll probably make it pretty flexible so if who ever takes on the character has another idea, they can run with that too. So right now, I'm kinda going through ALL possible characters (at least for the site's official list, people who join can make up their own characters too) - and seeing what I can offer as far as a baseline idea of each of them to paint a picture of how this world may look like and the main characters in it.

The plots and storyline? Well the major one (the one I posted) is already set up, but its largely the members who will come up with storylines that they want to do with their characters. :) And those storylines largely come from how their character interacts with another person's character. Sometimes its not always planned but it stems out the dynamics of two characters that are going where the writers didn't think they'd go (I hope that makes sense?)

LOL Honestly, its really fun. Especially working together to come up with storylines for the characters you pick.

Also, side bar, when you're looking for MJ pictures for graphics and "The Way We Were" sung by Gladys Knight comes on the shuffle setting of your music player? I highly recommend skipping that track cuz the combo of looking through pictures and listening to that song NOT a fun one >< Beautiful song though.

Last edited:
TDRCAU Prison can be Earth Song MJ, after trying to make a difference but he gets in trouble for being good.

That's a possibility, though I think Earth Song MJ would be better to have separate - as I see this world coming together, he could have a significant role in it all. I think some of these roles that I don't know, I'm just going to leave open - and anyone who wants them can come up with the major ideas. I think I have the core characters that would be the easiest to play: Thriller, Beat It, Billie Jean, Bad/TWYMMF, Moonwalker/Smooth Criminal, Captain EO, Remember the Time, Black or White (possibly), Earth Song, Scream, Ghosts, BOTDF, You Rock My World.

That said, Im pretty much done with the look and feel of the site! I'm so excited guys, this is really coming together (I hope you all end up liking it). All I have to do is put a few more graphics in, get the major topics up - and boom, it'll be open for business.

Looking forward to it!
I see now. I guess, I am not familiar with the RPG stuff. I usually just talk and quarrel with my muse :lol:
Yeash, I know what you mean with characters having a mind of their own. You think you created them and then they do stuff where you HUH :blink:

ANd it is finally finished! Please come and check it out and most definitely join lol

I'm gonna advertise this to just MJ communities first before getting the general public into it - just to see how it goes. Plus I want to have the true blue MJ Fans in there first for obvious reasons. :p

HOME // RULES // PLOT // ADS //
A Place with No Name
A place where the artistry of the King of Pop comes to life.
A place where the zombies in Thriller are real and Billie Jean claims you are the one.
A place where a Smooth Criminal xscapes and there is Blood on the Dancefloor.

Are we amusing you or just confusing you?
Check us out, and explore the many different dimensions all based on MJ&#8217;s music. Take
characters from his music videos in new, interesting directions or create your own
personified character based on MJ's large library of songs. Michael&#8217;s imagination
and creativity was vast and adventurous, which makes for one insane RPG! Come join
us and celebratehis art in this unique way!
Show us who&#8217;s BAD.​

Diane "Diana" Betsy, could be the "dirty diana" character Betsy as in Betsy Ross, as in Diana Ross. I thought that could be a good idea. Also, you could have a character named Charles Quincy, based off of the song Rock With You. He could come from the planet or something called "Sunset Drive", he is a timid person until the music starts then his real being is shown to everyone. He has the power to distract, with his outfit. He lives on Mirrorball Lane, he has a girl, she is just a mystery, he doesn't even know her name, he just knows she is his, and they can "Rock" together 'till the break of dawn. In his universe, it is just them, no one else, just those two, she has beautiful hazel eyes, curly brown hair, and a nice light brown skin tone. Her name could be "Carol Greene". That is all I got, Charles grew up with his grandparents, Karen and Joel, his parents died at a young age, due to some kind of accident, he is humble, shy and he doesn't really have that much of a temper.

Wow! , I need to read this all...phew your thread goes fast J5 :)
Good work, I like it :)

:girl_pride:

Great ideas MITM! A lot of those actually could be good characters that are just based on one of MJ's songs, they don't have to be officially on the site for you to make them :)

I've been doing some advertising but of course i really need MJ fans to help me kick start it, otherwise its just going to sit there and no one will be playing (I can't really play by myself lol :D) Also, not many people are going to join unless they see others join in (especially those who are already seasoned in this form of RP). So if you expressed interest, please go ahead and jump in and I'll help you along the way if you are confused :) First is reading the rules and the plot info (which you probably already read here in this thread) - and diving into the application. That'll give me a chance to help you out and answer questions.

Again, thanks for all the ideas!

Bumping this up! Starting advertising for this again - so come and join us! We already have the "Scream" duo in play!

Back