New video:Diana Walczak sculpting Michael Jackson HIStory Statue

mkgenie

Proud Member

Video footage edited in 1994 of Diana Walczak sculpting the original Michael Jackson HIStory statue as well as digitizing it and creating the album cover image.

100043qfu4qn4ay4k543qp.jpg

100043cdaywxkpkkqc3qct.jpg

1000437oef55qe9qfffpa4.jpg

100043h30brf0hmuppa0q0.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: xam
Absolutely wonderful. Thanks so much for posting.

The likeness is spot on. Does anyone know where the artist's original works are now?

It's so amazing to finally see the process of how the statue was created. Now I know how much time it took to make that cover.

Never really knew how that was made thanks for share it she did a beautiful job.

Does anyone know where is this statue now and who owns it?

Thanks for the link, it was interesting reading. You link only mentions the big statues (32 feet tall) and are made of steel and fibreglass. Now I have even more to wonder:D Where are all 9 big statues and who owns them and where is this small (about 4 feet) clay statue?

If my memory serves me right, regarding the smaller statues, I believe some were made after Michael passed using the original molds, they were sold on Ebay, I believe the molds or copies of them were also sold off. One of the original 4 foot one is still owned by MJ and was displayed at the 02 Exhibition.

Edit: Just found this page https://www.facebook.com/MJstatue

Last edited:
Ok thanks, good to know that the estate has 1 original.

I checked that facebook and there was this little snippet of info:
Marcus PinPin
July 6 at 5:07pm
#. There are a copy of the HIStory Statue on Ebay made by a private artist, what do you think ?

Michael Jackson HIStory Statue please tell your friends not to buy from him. I will create an official series.
Like · Reply · 1 · July 7 at 12:23am

Michael Jackson HIStory Statue It's a cast of my cast that was used as a reference for the 10 foot copy for the music video. David Miller secretly kept the mold and starting selling after Michael died. He has NO right to do this. ebay shut his sale down a couple years ago. But then he sold through MJJ shops and now he's back on ebay.

Thanks for the link, it was interesting reading. You link only mentions the big statues (32 feet tall) and are made of steel and fibreglass. Now I have even more to wonder:D Where are all 9 big statues and who owns them and where is this small (about 4 feet) clay statue?

I did notice it was the big ones. Some has begin destroy and some are in different places around the world. It did mention that Sony may have some in a warehouse not sure where. I did see some for sale on ebay and i think amazon too on the small ones.

This one is here in Holland, in a place called; "Best"
jackson-float-uk-1-310.jpg

1798534_526467974129531_4844363156339466947_n.jpg

Bubs;4030307 said:
Ok thanks, good to know that the estate has 1 original.

I checked that facebook and there was this little snippet of info:
Marcus PinPin
July 6 at 5:07pm
#. There are a copy of the HIStory Statue on Ebay made by a private artist, what do you think ?

Michael Jackson HIStory Statue please tell your friends not to buy from him. I will create an official series.
Like · Reply · 1 · July 7 at 12:23am

Does this mean there will be a miniature of it to buy? WOW, I would buy it straight away.

Hi guys,

I own a HIStory statue,
...the scale version that is ;-)

I love Diana's work! She did an amazing sculpt!
But I always wondered why the Mega Statues were different than the 1:1 scale. IMO the mega statues don't resemble MJ that much whilst the smaller ones do.

I visit the statue in The Netherlands every once in a while. The owner of the Mc Donald's restaurant where the statue stands bought it directly from Sony with a certificate of authenticity with MJ's autograph.

In 2012 the owner had MJ completely renewed after standing on a pedestal for 15 years. It made headlines on Dutch news. It took 6 weeks to give MJ his makeover.
http://youtu.be/0DDlLI8ZdcA

Here's my little version of the HIStory statue
872bfbb217ad1bee775ab9dc7e7241b4.jpg

872c1ef0521af3ec1a6848883e637da6.jpg

c1dd0a6a20b348d8cd7ad1d64e532324.jpg

146d06fe2f4fe167c6c72dc58a60cc37.jpg

8b1b63591ff4c4c78c5516ea13dde75b.jpg

3babbcb446b2923f53468e38cf44f67f.jpg

7dc6378c7a7bb5dcf15f9ee63802982f.jpg

873d1d8d73b41f9510f957083b15cd05.jpg

15458c6cdc8835ae223621ddab1f216d.jpg

1c634836de6e9daf2321daf71f9524e6.jpg

Last edited:
It will be wonderful to get a replica. It will be possible?

Waaawww i wish i could do this then i would sculpture MJ in from childhood to adult life

Hi guys,

I own a HIStory statue,
...the scale version that is ;-)

I love Diana's work! She did an amazing sculpt!
But I always wondered why the Mega Statues were different than the 1:1 scale. IMO the mega statues don't resemble MJ that much whilst the smaller ones do.

I visit the statue in The Netherlands every once in a while. The owner of the Mc Donald's restaurant where the statue stands bought it directly from Sony with a certificate of authenticity with MJ's autograph.

In 2012 the owner had MJ completely renewed after standing on a pedestal for 15 years. It made headlines on Dutch news. It took 6 weeks to give MJ his makeover.
http://youtu.be/0DDlLI8ZdcA

Actually no, the owners of the McDonald's in Best bought the statue from a auction of which the proceeds were send to a good purpose.

As for the bigger statues looking different from the scaled one, might be due to the materials. Personally I feel the bigger ones look more like Michael than the scaled one. The scaled one is pretty cool, but the face looks a little animated to me.

Really cool that you own one though ^_^

Thnx for the info!
I think the 1:1 Diana W. version looks most accurate than the scale statue and then the mega statues. Actually the mega statues don't look like Michael at all.
I'm planning to get the 1:1 Diana W version but I get no response from her.
Anyone have her contact information?

Here's a great article on the History statue :

http://www.pophistorydig.com/topics/the-jackson-statues-1995/

Last edited:
Where do you purchase??

What about Dianas official series? Id like to have one too!??

Back