Live with the Swediens

Annita

Proud Member
Live w the Swediens
@Swediens_live

Join us in Paris on Nov. 8th, 2014 to sea and hear Bruce and Bea Swedien sharing their memories of Michael Jackson, live from Bruce's Westviking Studio.

https://twitter.com/Swediens_live

10547462_916633408351051_2702588188972844362_n.jpg

Last edited:
With all respect ...but I feel like I am overloaded with stories by people who worked for/with Michael lately .....maybe it would be different if they visit a town around my corner, but at the moment I would not even have the energy to travel that far to meet the Swediens...

But for everyone who goes there, I wish them an wonderful time :)

^^ Me too:(

I'm a bit surprised that this didn't get much reaction from fans!
He worked with MJ through The Wiz, Off The Wall, Thriller, Bad, Captain EO, Dangerous, HIStory, Blood on the Dance Floor, Invincible. I bet he has some great stories to tell.

Hearing stuff from Bruce would be wonderful. Hopefully they get full house and it is successful so they could do video conference to other countries too.

They have website, if you want to have a look at details
http://www.b-2014.com

I found an old interview from 90's where he talks about working with MJ:
Q18 : (01: 23: 08 ) Could you describe a typical session with Michael Jackson?

Well, a lot of times on the songs I produced with michael, for instance, er...it's wonderful, we'll decide on a piece of music to do and then I kind of get to work on it on my own a little bit and then give michael a tape once I get a rhythm track down and he'll say it's great but let's do this.....then i'll go back and work on it some more. so it's kind of an in and out type of thing. Michael is so professional, so wonderful to work with and doing vocals with michael is an absolute joy. he's got ears for days and the pitch and everything. Michael is polite and kind. You know, he'll say: "can I hear a little more piano in the earphones please". And he'll say thank you. this is an industry where you don't hear those words a whole lot. (01: 24: 20 ) So for that reason I totally respect michael and the musical integrity is so...well we usually listen to a composition and a demo and we'll listen and decide whether or not we want to record it. so from then on i'll get musicians in and we'll do an arrangment and record it. Then we'll try michael's voice on it or try the structure to see how it feels and everything and then once we get passed that initial bare bones stage, once we get the overall structure right and it fits michael's voice, then we start sweetening and overdubbing and finishing it. (01: 25: 08 ) So there is a stage in there where we are still experimenting to get the right structure and the right feel so that this music with what Michael will do with it.

Q19 : Can you tell us more about how Michael works and how he relates to the people working with him?

I've never ran into anybody that works with michael and doesn't regard it as a pleasant experience, it's just great. He's really easy to deal with in the studio because
(01: 26: 05 ) When we record vocals, there's seldom more than four takes or five on the lead vocal. then we'll sit there and make a couple of punches but it's nothing. And another thing i've learned with recording michael is i'll set up the vocal mike and i'll have michael perform singing on my drum platform which is an eight foot square plywood unpainted platform about eight inches off the floor, and then michael is on that. He'll sing and one reason is that he dances when he sings and I love to have that as part of the sound because first of all his time and his rhythm is impeccable and even (01: 26: 50 ) when I do backgrounds, michael does little vocal sounds and snaps his fingers and taps his foot. I keep a (?) of that as part of the recording.
One time I even made, for one of my seminars, I made a special mix of the background vocals on "the way you make me feel", took all the band out so that my class could hear all the sounds in there, and how they work in the overall picture because when you put the rhythm section in there, you can barely hear them, but they are really there, they're an important part I think. (01: 27: 38 ) I would hate to record him and take what I call the clinical approach and try to have it antiseptically clean or something. I think it would loose a lot of its charm.
Working with quincy myself and michael has really been a wonderful experience because not only do we work together well, but we're really friends and it's a three men team and our votes count equally. That's the way it works, it's easy, it's wonderful and we've had such a good time doing "Off The Wall", "Thriller" and "Bad". Quincy has just formed a Quincy Jones entertainment corporation so he's off doing TV. and movies, and producing and directing. Doing things that he's wanted to do for years. Quincy is not working on michael's new album.
I'm producing three songs and coproducing a couple with Michael.
Quincy is very happy. I just spoke to him yesterday and he sounds great, he's having the time of his lifz and happy as a pig in the mud. so i'm doing a little different too...I'm producing and doing things in areas that i've always wanted to be involved in. Building my beautiful studio here at home just for my projects. (01: 30: 29 ) I won't be doing everything here because my home is a sanctuary and I don't want to bring all my work here, but a certain amount I want to be able to do here, really looking forward to it.

http://absy.com/ABSMMI/ITV/SWEDIEN/ukitvbsw.html

I would love to go. Paris is just a bit too far. Sometimes I think that there are too many people talking about their experience with MJ but then I think of this: someday there won't be anyone alive who actually knew Michael. The books and stories from these people will be all the world has for eternity.

I would love to go. Paris is just a bit too far. Sometimes I think that there are too many people talking about their experience with MJ but then I think of this: someday there won't be anyone alive who actually knew Michael. The books and stories from these people will be all the world has for eternity.

True! :(

A friend on another forum attended a seminar and said it was great.

Bruce has made disrespectful comments multiple times about MJ over the last 10-15 years, even saying he would never do work for MJ ever again.

Bruce has made disrespectful comments multiple times about MJ over the last 10-15 years, even saying he would never do work for MJ ever again.

^^ Did he really or did Roger F once again inserted his own comments?
That comment for not working with MJ originally came from RF article, so that I'll take with sack of salt.

^^ Did he really or did Roger F once again inserted his own comments?

They were inserted from Roger Friedmann. There was never a bad interview from Bruce about MJ. Only good stuff.

A friend on another forum attended a seminar and said it was great.

How its possible to attend this seminar if it on only on November or do you mean Brad Sundberg's seminars?
"Join us in Paris on Nov. 8th, 2014 to sea and hear Bruce and Bea Swedien sharing their memories of Michael Jackson, live from Bruce's Westviking Studio".

How its possible to attend this seminar if it on only on November or do you mean Brad Sundberg's seminars?
"Join us in Paris on Nov. 8th, 2014 to sea and hear Bruce and Bea Swedien sharing their memories of Michael Jackson, live from Bruce's Westviking Studio".

It was years ago, even before MJ died. Apparently he's lectured at universities and special events.

I am happy they are sharing their stories, but like peeps say its getting a bit repetitive now.

Since Michael is not here any more everything about him will probably be "repetitive" one way or another. I'm not going to be there, but I don't get why should it bother anyone. We should be glad that there are positive seminars out there about MJ and his genius, not just the usual tabloid crap that unfortunately dominates the narrative about him.

With all respect ...but I feel like I am overloaded with stories by people who worked for/with Michael lately .....maybe it would be different if they visit a town around my corner, but at the moment I would not even have the energy to travel that far to meet the Swediens...

But for everyone who goes there, I wish them an wonderful time :)

That has to be the weirdest thing, I ever read..

You don't wanna hear Bruce Swedien talk about working with Michael....? okaaaay....

Hey, pumping up this thread. Did anyone go or see this seminar?
Your thoughts of it, juicy bits, revelations, interesting tidbits......

Bruce really loved Michael. I think he will spend the rest of his life honouring his memory.

I remember when he got choked up during bad25, it was so upsetting to watch.

Back