Who Would be an Acceptable Posthumous Singer for Michael to Duet With?

FD1998

Proud Member
Justin Timberlake was somewhat a good choice. He's current and is a respected singer, who knew Michael. So who else is acceptable? Usher? Bruno Mars? Thoughts?

I know I'd probably get shot for saying this on here,but I'd like to hear a duet with him and Lady Gaga.

I would only accept a duet song if the original Michael only version is also released.

I know I'd probably get shot for saying this on here,but I'd like to hear a duet with him and Lady Gaga.

Yes!! Came here to post that, she has an incredible voice. She's made some really great music videos too!

Sometimes I wonder what would've come of a collaboration had MJ worked with her when he was alive (not that he had much of a chance to, she became famous in the last year of his life). I would have absolutely loved to see what MJ and Gaga do for the song's short film. It'd certainly be a sight to behold!!

Last edited:
I would say Beyonce or Lady Gaga. We all know how much Lady Gaga loves Michael, so does Beyonce.

LG would make looking Michael like a freak, NO THANKS! I'm still waiting the Estate releases the original duets Michael recorded with Freddie Mercury, Ray Charles, Lenny Kravitz or even with will.I.am (as they left the songs.) No matter how successful LNFSG with JT was, it was an artificial duet. But also the option Galactus said is fair enough.

LG would make looking Michael like a freak, NO THANKS! I'm still waiting the Estate releases the original duets Michael recorded with Freddie Mercury, Ray Charles, Lenny Kravitz or even with will.I.am (as they left the songs.) No matter how successful LNFSG with JT was, it was an artificial duet. But also the option Galactus said is fair enough.

I would think a Michael Jackson fan would be the last person to judge someone and call them a freak

Personally I know this won't go down well but Chris Brown seems to love MJ and if we go by that reasoning for Gaga/Beyonce he would definitely work too. Bruno Mars would be good but as much as I love him I can't see it working all that well.

I'd like to see Chicago maybe done as a duet between someone with him, lover's fight for the wife type deal the song is all about?

I was trying to think of someone (female) with a great voice and thought of Jennifer Hudson. Personally I started to love her when she sang at Michael's memorial.
But on second thought Esparanza Spaulding would be a great choice. Her version of "I can't help it" is wonderful. She also did a super duet with Bruno Mars. So she gets my "vote".

Have you listened to the fan made collab album between the two? One of the best pop projects I've heard in years
YES I did actually. It was amazing! But again,I'm one of the few Gaga fans on here. Everyone here gets butthurt because she bought Michael's clothes at auction and they think it's "disrespectful",but she's immensely talented.
Back OT: Another duet I'd love to hear is with him and Beyonce or Amy Winehouse or Whitney Houston.

YES I did actually. It was amazing! But again,I'm one of the few Gaga fans on here. Everyone here gets butthurt because she bought Michael's clothes at auction and they think it's "disrespectful",but she's immensely talented.
Back OT: Another duet I'd love to hear is with him and Beyonce or Amy Winehouse or Whitney Houston.

Haha a fellow last Gaga fan :)

Yeah id like to see him with another powerful vocalist, someone who also pushes the boundaries of creativity

Unless I read the thread title wrong (which I didn't), the question was which acceptable POSTHUMOUS singer would make a good duet with Mike. Lady Gaga, Jenifer Hudson, Bruno Mars, Lenny Kravitz (who already has a "duet" with him) aren't dead.

Unless I read the thread title wrong (which I didn't), the question was which acceptable POSTHUMOUS singer would make a good duet with Mike. Lady Gaga, Jenifer Hudson, Bruno Mars, Lenny Kravitz (who already has a "duet" with him) aren't dead.

You're right, the question is wrongly formulated :rofl: in which case, my answer would be Whitney,hands down. As for the other options that have been suggested ...:worried: except for Jen Hudson, maybe.

I think its more disrespectful to have Michael clothes all over the place owned by random people. Lady gaga has probably the biggest amount of respect for Michael by keeping them together. I believe she will take good care of it. Im not obsessing about her or her music, but she can definitely sing and have one of the most creative music videos out there at the moment. About the "freak". She is an artist and once artists push boundaries, they are called everything but not normal. But that doesnt mean they are freaks, they are different.

I think that the minimum requirement for any possible duets in the future is that the other artist should have known and/or worked with Michael before his passing. Timberlake is a perfect example because they both shared the stage during the 30th anniversary shows and worked together before; not to mention that Timberlake has made it well-known that he's a big MJ fan. With that in mind, someone like Usher or Ne-Yo would be acceptable, but absolutely NOT some trending singer like Justin Bieber who've never actually met him and who would only be put on a record with MJ in the first place just to gain the attention of the younger audience. If they do end up doing more duets in the future, it should be with someone who personally knows how he worked and acted in the studio, but that's just my 2 cents.

Yeah, the Estate should release duets with people Michael himself expressed desire to work . If they make duets with current acts just because they're popular, it'd be like whoring him around.

Excuse me but writing shallow/senseless lyrics, wearing meat dresses or using duck tape as underwear is not artistic, it's deliberately seeking attention.

Clearly you aren't familiar with her discography and body of work if that's all you think of her.

Why would I have to be aware of all her work if with the singles she's released through the years it leaves that impression?

Just because some expressed being fans, it doesn't make them worthy of being part of any Michael song, he couldn't even meet some people you're mentioning. Even though what Beyonce does nowadays is horrible, Michael expressed on many occasions he loved her, it'd make more sense a duet with her.

Excuse me but writing shallow/senseless lyrics, wearing meat dresses or using duck tape as underwear is not artistic, it's deliberately seeking attention.
"They say I'm different but they don't understand"

Me thinks you should take a step back from judging her. Attacking her appearance isn't productive.

i'd go for some rap part, since michael loved rap too and that wont take a verse from michael away.
LL Cool J or Missy Elliott.

Bruno Mars, Ed Sheeran, Beyoncé, Lady GaGa, John Legend, Daft Punk & Rihanna!

Last edited:
YES: Gaga, Beyonce, Jay-Z, Stevie Wonder, Pharell Williams

OK: Ne-Yo, Chris Brown, Britney Spears

NO: Rihanna, Katy Perry, Bieber, Nicki Minaj, Pitbull...

YES: Gaga, Beyonce, Jay-Z, Stevie Wonder, Pharell Williams

OK: Ne-Yo, Chris Brown, Britney Spears

NO: Rihanna, Katy Perry, Bieber, Nicki Minaj, Pitbull...

you kidding??? did you hear BS with no auto tune? she's got no talent at all. John Legend & Daft Punk would be great too!!!

you kidding??? did you hear BS with no auto tune? she's got no talent at all. John Legend & Daft Punk would be great too!!!

I would absolutely LOVE to hear Daft Punk work on a Michael Jackson song!! Get Lucky was practically made for MJ (Interestingly if you pitch up Pharrell's voice in the song, he sounds a bit like MJ at the beginning).

Back